FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun stuff on youtube today (Page 17)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Fun stuff on youtube today
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure you didn't mean to post that as BlackBlade? Also, the linky code is broken.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I sometimes forget which account is logged into which computer. I just tried the link, it works fine for me.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Gefilte Fish

"If you see a policeman, tell him Mommy will be right back." [ROFL]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Cute. [Smile]
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LIGHT
Member # 12488

- posted      Profile for LIGHT   Email LIGHT         Edit/Delete Post 
Things We Say Wrong

Just a few pointed remarks about American pronunciation. It's nothing to feel too bad(ly) about.

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, but the guy makes his own mistakes. For example, he corrects people who say "I feel bad"... but badly is an adverb. So to say you feel badly would be saying that the mechanism which allows you to feel is broken.

PS: Yes, I'm aware that is an exact quote, and I am not intending to pass it off as my own. [Wink]

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

My favorite contraction is c'I.
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Belle:
I'm surprised this hasn't found its way here already, it's making the facebook rounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA

flash animation of a dramatic reading of a game review - misspellings lovingly preserved in the pronunciation!

This is my favorite video ever.
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Gefilte Fish

Aww, that was really cute!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
KFC Obama Commercial
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Sneak peak at a Superbowl commercial.
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Clapping music
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Lee Marvin, I'm sure he's going to decline any encore performances.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I'm pretty sure that's how he died.
Mucus
Member # 9735

Groupon: Save the Money - Tibet
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Groupon: Save the Money - Tibet

Oh man, I was pissed when I watched that on TV.

edit: Apparently I was not the only one.

Mucus
Member # 9735

Yeah.
Awesome 2-for-1 (or more)

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed Groupon themselves about that one, since I've been a member for a long time now and was rather disgusted.

My own suggestion was that, if they're determined to stick by those ads for some reason, they follow this campaign up with a "put your money where your mouth is" challenge that allows everyone who gets a Groupon discount to, with one click of a radio button, donate the amount saved to one of the charities they mocked. (They've got a donation drive going, actually, but it's buried and was not mentioned in any of the ads.)

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Puppy Love?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
Worth watching -

Smooth Criminal

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, as I watched that, all I could think was, "They're being so bad to their bows!" *wince*

And then I imagined them doing George Thorogood.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Now what I have in my head is a cello arrangement of "bad to the bone" except with someone singing "bad to the bows" and they're treating their bows awfully.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Yes, that's where my brain went with that. [Smile]
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I thought you meant at first, but then I saw multiple comments on the video echoing your sentiment without the pun and assumed that your wording was just statistical variation rather than deliberate wordplay. My bad.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I want to hear them do The Devil Went Down to Georgia.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Parsimony:
Worth watching -

Smooth Criminal

Wow, great energy in that video.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

One minute Superman fan film

Plus "making of" featurette.

Lisa
Member # 8384

Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four

Excellent!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Be a savant for an hour! (not really "fun" so much as just plain cool, but anyway)

Oh, hey, didn't someone post a TED talk on TMS awhile back?

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Can I get verification on this somewhere else? It sounds awesome but triggers my skepticismometer.
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not Youtube (although it's probably uploaded there somewhere), but Politico put together a great little video of Robert Gibbs doing his best 'Bones' McCoy:

Gibbs: I am not...

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
One minute Superman fan film

Plus "making of" featurette.

I really liked that!
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rollainm:
Be a savant for an hour! (not really "fun" so much as just plain cool, but anyway)

Oh, hey, didn't someone post a TED talk on TMS awhile back?

I posted a TED talk by Rebecca Saxe some time back where they used TMS on the RTPJ to change peoples' moral judgments of other people's actions, disregarding intent, and making judgments based solely on utilitarian considerations. They think the RTPJ is important in "Theory of Mind", both from that research, and other research that shows that the RTPJ develops around the same time that children begin being able to consider the point of view of others. It was a great talk.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have not seen any of the RSA Animate videos, they are really fascinating. If you liked the UPS whiteboard commercials, you'll love these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-son3EJTrU

This is Steven Pinker's "Language as a Window" talk animated on a whiteboard. Great fun.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Street art marriage proposal: http://vimeo.com/19582965
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister cracked up while watching this. My mother and I were just confused. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9-sEbqDvU&feature=fvsr

Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I think it's adorable and pretty funny. (It's basically absurdist humor - it's funny just because it's so weird. There's no special jokes you're missing.) I'd say the funniest part is when she says "Sometimes people say my head is too big, and then I say 'compared to WHAT!?'"
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Owls.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Volkswagen Commercial: The Force (Toyota Parody)
Mucus
Member # 9735

Zaha Hadid on song: China's Guangzhou Opera House
Or in pictures

Man, that looks cool.

Lisa
Member # 8384

She Don't Like Firefly
Mucus
Member # 9735

Asians in the Library Song (Response to UCLA's Alexandra Wallace)

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She Don't Like Firefly

[Roll Eyes]

quote:

It's cute and clever, but I don't see how mocking her clothes and makeup are much better than her rant. She was an idiot to post what she did, but she's getting DEATH THREATS. She is going to have to make special arrangements for her finals, because her class schedule was posted online.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

*shrug*
I'm not sure if you're asking a serious question. But just in case you are, people wearing a particular type of clothes or a particular amount of makeup aren't actually racial groups (or ethnic, gender, religious, etc.). People normally have a bigger issue making fun of, say, black people than say, hipsters or hippies.

More importantly for the thread, its funny.

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

It's cute and clever, but I don't see how mocking her clothes and makeup are much better than her rant. She was an idiot to post what she did, but she's getting DEATH THREATS. She is going to have to make special arrangements for her finals, because her class schedule was posted online.
I actually thought the cute and clever completely outweighed the minor disses he levied at her. And in no way did the song advocate for any of the more serious stuff that seems to be happening to her now.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Oh, that.
For my part, if Palin gets death threats (and she does), I don't necessarily find Jon Stewart or Tina Fey less funny.

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Troll? It gets better...
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Me singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izNraocwUug

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Iyebor1

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
These guys blend amazingly well - and they make a song whose lyrics are awful, sound beautiful.

The new avril song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLKHkzy3InY

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.