FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun stuff on youtube today (Page 15)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Fun stuff on youtube today
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah.... If I had the opportunity to compartmentalize my house like he did his apartment I'd have 60 rooms of bookshelves.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That's wicked awesome. And clever.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Seize the Day, by Kate Diaz, 7th grade. You heard her here first.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lobo
Member # 1761

- posted      Profile for lobo           Edit/Delete Post 
cute little girl
Posts: 571 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

http://newslite.tv/2010/05/04/facadeprinter-paintball-gun-mi.html

Again, not YouTube, but it has a Vimeo video in it, and it's wicked cool.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
8-Bit Trip

Because there's always time for Lego animation.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The Empire Strikes Back, Way Back
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
wheelchair flip
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Letter from God
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Daddy gives a wee bit too much iron supplement to his baby daughter.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Stress relief
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2010/06/16/the-ok-go-video-playing-with-the-speed-of-time/

New OK Go.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2010/06/16/the-ok-go-video-playing-with-the-speed-of-time/

New OK Go.

Very Monkeys-esque.
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Fresh Fish
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
that's awful.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Red Army Performs Michael Jackson
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to hop through a few hoops to find a working copy, the government REALLY doesn't like that video. But it was so worth it. The comments at the site showing it were a bit perplexing.

"That was too awesome!"

"So cute!"

"We shouldn't forget the price the communists and the older generation paid in blood!"

"I just laughed myself to death, that video was too much!"

"That second guitar solo was the best!"

"I loved the second guitar solo!"

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Perplexing in what way?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually when people who speak English comment on videos they all start arguing. Often the last comment is the next rebuttal. At this website people were just saying things but not commenting on each other's statements.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Ah, gotcha. I dunno.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Ah, gotcha. I dunno.

I mean, I can't imagine anybody would even try to rebut an argument about communism's positive effects in China.
Mucus
Member # 9735

I've seen some pretty raucous arguments actually, but depending on the forum/venue, the net nannies will eventually censor the more contentious stuff. My girlfriend has gone through a few phases of someone is wrong on the Internet which is even more frustrating when someone is removing stuff somewhat randomly.

(That said, China Digital Times is just plain blocked as a whole)

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It's not youtube, but the chance to see Even Steven again with Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert bears mentioning.

Link.

Lisa
Member # 8384

Fred Astaire in "Smooth Criminal"
Lisa
Member # 8384

Walk Across America
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
A fan asks Joss Whedon if he has a favorite actor:

Awesomness ensues

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:

"That second guitar solo was the best!"

"I loved the second guitar solo!"

So not only do the Chinese like Michael Jackson, they like Eddie Van Halen too. Sweet. [Big Grin]
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
First song from the atheists hymnal
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

quote:
A woman in Toledo, Ohio has been indicted for vandalism after going into a rage at a McDonald's drive up window when employees refused to sell her McNuggets because it was breakfast time.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/mcnugget-rage-grips-woman/article1667750/

[Eek!]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Holy cow, just when you think she's out of juice, she comes back for more.

Also I think it's exceedingly funny the next car in queue just pulled up as she drove off. I can just see them saying,

"Can I get a Big Mac?"

Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Really.

Also, there probably ought to be a cross-reference to the Old Spice thread here.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Gardyn - a young man auto-tunes and remixes an interview with his mother and the sounds of her garden.

Then Pixar hired him to do the same thing with their movies - Upular.

The White Whale
Member # 6594

Pogo has been doing these for awhile now. Check out his others, because they're great.

I especially like Alohamora, Alice and Expialidocious

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
For awhile these were a little hard to find when YouTube cracked down on him. Something happened though where he got some sort of design contract from Disney or one of the other production companies so now he's allowed to keep these in public and he got a job out of it. I might have the details off a bit, he wasn't very forthcoming with what was going on behind the scenes.

Expialidocious and Bangarang are my favorites.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

F*** Me Ray Bradbury

Very, very NSFW. But also very, very nerdy.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
This one goes out to all you Lovecraft fans.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

silent star wars
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
The difference a few bleeps can make when you censor harmless words.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Iem, that was ridiculous!

I'm surprised no one has posted the greatest autotune ever created.
The Bed Intruder Song

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

[Eek!]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Inception Trailer, a capella

I LOL'd.

Edit: Mashed up with the original...even more awesome. Here.

[ September 10, 2010, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: The White Whale ]

daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, dang it, White Whale. I just watched it off of moviefone and was going to post it here.

BWWWWWOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Midichlorian Rhapsody
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Sam Tsui deserves his own thread.

Love the Way You Lie Mashup

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

How to climb towers: repairman's helmetcam

My knees got weak, and I'm sitting on my couch.

Belle
Member # 2314

I just watched that video White Whale, and I was literally shouting at it. "Clip the thing on! For the love of all that's good in this world clip the safety line on!!"

I almost could not watch it.

The White Whale
Member # 6594

[Big Grin]
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Whale:
How to climb towers: repairman's helmetcam

My knees got weak, and I'm sitting on my couch.

The video was pulled, but someone posted it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_hFNjNuGP4
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.