FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » why did the chicken cross the road? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: why did the chicken cross the road?
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Be nice human! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Leo...I'll admit the second one was me dead on. I think I proved that about five hours later with my post on the "Curse God and Die" thread. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah i know. You're so tactful [Roll Eyes] [Razz]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
JohnHansen: Because this side of the road just wasn't very good.

Cor: Because it was tired of being perceived as always in Icarus' shadow.

Caleb Varns: I think the most important thing is that this was a major life-changing event and I think we should all celebrate.

Patrick: Hatrack Barbeque time again folks! Who's coming?

Pixiest: It was only trying to get to its completely justifiable settlement over on the West Bank.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snorri
Member # 2195

- posted      Profile for Snorri   Email Snorri         Edit/Delete Post 
ME: So many attempts at explanation, yet not a single enquiry into what type of chicken it actually was. How can we assume that a Rhode Island Red will be motivated by the same ideas as a White Italian? Nor has anyone asked whether the road ran north-south or east-west, or in which direction the chicken crossed it...
Posts: 394 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
The current incarnation of mafia inspired me to *bump* this thread.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
*smiles fondly*

I like this thread

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas Adams: 42

Isaac Asimov: A chicken refuge will be established on the other side of the road. And another will be esablished at the other end, at Road's End.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so everbody has their theories why the chicken crossed the road, but how many of you know why the car crossed the road? HUH? HUH???

That's right, you don't know, do yuh? , do yuh?! [Razz] That's because the mainstream media never told you, did they? [Big Grin] It's what they haven't taught you in schools.

The car crossed the road because *DRRRUMROLL* the chicken was driving it.

And now you know.

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
We almost lost this one! (Well, we would have in just three months.) And with so many newbies to parody!

Letting this one die is a big [No No]

[ August 12, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::is still waiting to be parodied::

Morbo:

Chicken?
Who is this chicken you speak of?
Perhaps they posted at Hatrack a long time ago and was worshipped by everyone?
I need to meet this chicken.
I need to know how he crossed the road. [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith: So here's the story of this chicken that I saw today when I was on my way to buy [book by OSC]. Wouldn't you know it that I was approached by a peddler of cheap Kobe Bryant cologne! I was so preoccupied with the book I was going to buy that I let this guy sucker me into buying 4 cases of this stinky cologne for $20 a pop. I can hardly believe it.

So anyway, the chicken...he had talked to my sister who needed to borrow the car even though she is underaged and was trying to get me to let HIM have the car. He needed my parents' car to cross the road! And I was so preoccupied with [OSC book] and my mission to go get it, that I let him borrow the car. Yeah, so now I'm in a load of trouble because my parents are back in town.

I need a hug.

((((Hatrack))))

[ August 12, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

And I never smelt better. Who knew smelling like a sweaty basketball player was a good thing?

::laughs::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL... Narnia that was great. So very T..
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Hey Novak, what was that about you still waiting to be parodied?

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Man, how did that Bob one slip past?

And I already knew about those 3 others. I only did them myself. [Razz]

saxon75
Member # 4589

I'm just sayin', is all I'm sayin'...
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*whew*

(((T_Smith))) for being a good 'sport.'

[Laugh] HAAA!!! [ROFL]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to find this thread! It's SO funny!!! I've spent the last 20 or 25 minutes reading the whole thing and laughing my heart out!!

quote:
::is still waiting to be parodied::
Yep, that's right... I'm in that position now too!! I hope I've been here long enough that people know how I operate [Wink]

[ August 12, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Filletted:

chick,

why are you asking us?

flish

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

also, what kind of asphalt was it?

flish

saxon75
Member # 4589

Sweet.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Filetted: You know, I clicked on this thread hoping to find some insightful comments about chickens, but instead I find these worn-out chicken jokes. And none of them is particularly funny. Or maybe I just don't get the humor around here. I'm particularly disappointed that none of the Cards has posted anything worthwhile in this thread. Oh, well.

Omellette anyone?

flish

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

The style is right, but you put too much into one post. It would be better spread out over three or four.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Raia: The chicken is ALMOST old enough to cross the road by himself legally. Does anyone want to hold the hand of the chick while he crosses? Being an underage chick: [Grumble]

Oh, well. (((((chicken)))))

(((((person who parodies me)))))

(((((Hatrack)))))

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Tony Blair: President Bush and I have decided that he crossed the road in order to aid those who would spread terror.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
The chicken, withstanding the onslaught of horns, screeching tires, quixotic headbeams, and ribbings from his fellow road-crossers, merely wanted to get home after a long dreary day.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Ryan Hart: This is my last post on chicken crossing, unless the chickens beg me to return (which I suspect is about as likely as me returning to the egg).

MY BOTTOM LINE ON CHICKEN CROSSING:

1. Chicken crossing is wrong. I believe this because it's part of my heneology.

2. Chicken crossing is not poultry advantageous. Therefore it should not be condoned by our culture.

3. It is condemned in the Holy Cockalorum. Therefore all chickens, roosters, Backyarders, Praries, chicks or full-growns that cross roads are OUT OF LINE.

Here I stand (not crossing). I can do no other.

[ August 16, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

You've been handing out an AWFUL lot of wedgies lately, Jamie.

If the Ralphster did not have her scruples about her, she might suspect that thou wast cruising for thine bruising.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
OOOh! Chickfight. Let me get the popcorn! [Razz]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

chicken (eyeing the many and varied insults of the particular highway he was contemplating crossing), hitched up his tail-feathers, threw out his "thumb", and hoped for the best.

*squawk*

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Another score update Ralphie:4625 Ryan: Still 0
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

"MINIONS! gather!"

*oh wait...*

*hacky tack*

Leonide
Member # 4157

*snerk*

ah, Ralphie. Always there to make me snerk.

I just found this one, I don't know if it was posted in this thread before....

the chicken crossed the road because he was poultry in motion

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't fish through all 5 pages to see if this had already been posted, but I got this in an email today and I felt like it needed to be added to this list. [Smile] Forgive me if you don't get the references, it's a cheesy Mormon version. [Big Grin]

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Laman: To usurp the authority of his older brother chickens and to take possession of their coop.

Brigham Young: Because this is the right place in the road.

Thomas: I don't really believe the chicken crossed the road.

Noah: Are you sure there weren't two chickens?

Lilburn W Boggs: I don't care which side of the road the chicken's on, you have permission to kill it.

Elder's Quorum President: It was the 31st and he had to get his Home Teaching done.

Relief Society President: That's where the refreshments were.

The Doctrine and Covenants: "The duty of a chicken is to cross the road when there is no other poultry present."

Mark Hoffman: Would you like to buy the chicken's original diary documenting his crossing of the road?

Lamoni's servants: We don't know why it crossed the road; all we know is it's wings had been cut off.

Martin Harris: I have never denied seeing the chicken cross the road.

Temple Square Guide: The acoustics are so good you can hear the chicken cross the road from any seat in the Tabernacle.

President Merrill J Bateman: I'm not so much concerned that the chicken crossed the road but that its feathers were not knee-length.

Gerald Lund: Not only did this chicken cross the road, but his whole family crossed the road as well. The grand, panoramic story of this chicken's family will be told in my soon-to-be-released 36 volume set "The Cluck and the Glory."

Nephi: It is better for a chicken to cross the road than a nation dwindle in unbelief.

Lorenzo Snow: As the egg is, the chicken once was; as the chicken is, the egg may become.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Thou art in violation of the 7th Hatrackian Commmandment!!

Thou shalt not commit to poultry!!

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I was never parodied.....
*sniff*
*sniff*
*sniff*
*sniff* *sniff*
[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

jk [Wink]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Whiner.
Raia
Member # 4700

*is still waiting to be parodied*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Woman, I parodied you half-way up the page.
Raia
Member # 4700

Aww, Ralphie, I'm sorry, my bad... that's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

[ROFL]

It's so good...

Leonide
Member # 4157

Some people are just hard to parody, Nick. [Smile] Personally, I don't think I post with enough frequency and personality to give anyone enough juice to parody me with [Smile]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Leonide: I was talking to my boyfriend the other day ( [Wink] ) and we were discussing chicken crossing. I'm not entirely sure what I think on the issue, as so many people have brought up good points for good and bad. I enjoy the idea of a liberated chicken. I like that the chicken has the opportunity to cross.

btw - My absolute *favorite* musical features chickens, and I canNOT imagine it if crossing didn't play a prominent part. If nothing else, that would inspissisate- er, inspisserate?... solidify it right there. [Razz]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Brilliant!

[ROFL]

Raia
Member # 4700

Ralphie, those are HILARIOUS!!!

[ROFL] [ROFL]

Leonide
Member # 4157

Oh, Ralphie.

[Kiss]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Of course!

Nick - page 3, you goober. I totally parodied you.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.