FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » why did the chicken cross the road? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: why did the chicken cross the road?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(gives rivka a cough drop)

(coughs)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, chickens are my favorite animal.

And this thread goes way back to my former Hatrack life.

And I've still never had a chickenism about me!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't rush art, people!
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
quote:
Nick - The chicken crossed the road? That's wrong! It's obvious that crossing the road is not the Lord's intent for the chicken. I mean, that's just MY opinion, but it's SO wrong.

That is so me!

Also

[Taunt] [Razz] Ralphie [Razz] [Taunt]

[ROFL]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan: Good riddance. Too bad he didn't go all the way to Canada. He was a gay liberal ruining the country anyway.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo:

Morbo would be pleased if this puny earth chicken would be crushed in his futile attempt to cross the road.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone in the house that can do a chickenism in French so as to imitate Annie?? I would if I could darlin', but I'm just not talented enough. [Smile]
Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

quote:
Personally, I don't think I post with enough frequency and personality to give anyone enough juice to parody me with [Smile]
ditto and proud of it!! These other ones are too hilarious! [Big Grin]

[edit to clarify: I have almost 1,000 posts as "Narnia"]

[ September 19, 2003, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Cecily ]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well everyone who hasn't gotten parodied can feel better due to the fact that I've been here way longer than you guys (with 4000+ posts) and I haven't gotten parodied either. [Grumble] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

Hobbes, I don't pretend to know you well enough...but, maybe people fear that Hatrack would overload with all the smileys that would be used? Maybe? [Big Grin] [Evil] [Big Grin] (((Hobbes))) Y'know I'm just KIDDING!!!
Hobbes
Member # 433

There's a limit of 8. Which makes me sad. [Frown]

[Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

Icarus: [Roll Eyes] Oh great. Another popularity thread. The chicken just crossed the road so it could BE in this thread. [Mad]

[Icky, you know I love you!! (((Icarus)))]

Pat: Just goes to show you that chickens cross the road to get MINIONS. That's clearly what the chicken was after.

I will personally give back rubs to ALL of Ralphie's minions that denounce her reign and parody ME!

Zotto!: I don't know why she crossed the road, but she must have had a good reason. She's probably, deep down, a great person/chicken. Just like all the people here on Hatrack. Truly. I love you guys! I love Hatrack! [Big Grin] (((Hatrack)))

[ September 19, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Cecily ]

tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Narn, that sounds just like them. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, that was awesome!

[ROFL]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan_parrot
Member # 5692

- posted      Profile for dan_parrot   Email dan_parrot         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd do democratic contenders for president jokes, but there are so many of them we'd run out of chickens.

oops. Arrrgh, and Avast.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FungusHearted Pete
Member # 5617

- posted      Profile for FungusHearted Pete           Edit/Delete Post 
::Bows:: Thank you, I thought they were pretty funny myself.

[edit: drat. I forgot that I was signed in as a pirate!!]

ARrrrg!

[ September 19, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: FungusHearted Pete ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan_parrot
Member # 5692

- posted      Profile for dan_parrot   Email dan_parrot         Edit/Delete Post 
Dean: To get a better high speed internet connection so he could donate to my campaign on a more grass roots level.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DreadPirateDamien
Member # 5703

- posted      Profile for DreadPirateDamien   Email DreadPirateDamien         Edit/Delete Post 
The chicken crossed the road to *die*
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes: The chicken crossed the road on a bike. Because it was a responsible citizen. [Big Grin] [Wave] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Hobbes I can actually hear them saying that in my head. Well, less so the Malcolm one but Bobby and Hank yeah.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Yep.

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
The chicken crossed the road because he was running from fluff.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm.... chicken...
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Because it had FAITH in GOD and HIS PLAN!
Jesus loves you!

Ten bucks to whoever guesses who that's s'posed to be.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Ned Flanders?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
It actually sounds more like Patera Incus from The Book of the Long Sun, but it's more likely supposed to be somebody like Jerry Falwell.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Jerry who?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Brian "Bri" Knoepke, Abstinent Teen?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve Nandiriel To post, of course! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [The Wave] [The Wave] [Party]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Sure, it was Bri.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... must... post... more... so other people can parody me! [Wink]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Annie: The chicken didn't really cross the road, I just photoshoped it to the other side.

Hobbes [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

The chicken crossed the road because they had more smileys there. [Wink]

The chicken crossed the road to get to the precious. [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Kant: The chicken didn't really cross the road, it's just a culmination of our a priori memories that we had substantiated him as being on the one side of the road when in the reality of the present he only exists on this "other side"

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Ringo Star: What?

Hobbes [Smile]

Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Trogdor the Burninator : *sets up shop. Waits for chickens*

Trogdor the Burninator : I'm the only *real* Trogdor.

Trogdor the Burninator : No you're not *burninates pretend evil Trogdor*

Trogdor the Burninator :Yes I am. Ha *burninates self*

Trogdor the Burninator : *Burninates Chicken*

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Mack: *snort*

It seems to me that most people here at Hatrack wouldn't respond to the original stimulus. [Wink]

Note: That first line withn "Mack" was my version of Mack's reason for a chicken crossing the road. Just in case there was any confusion. [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack: to *thwap* someone on the other side and
--|-- --|-- --|--
Mmmm...chicken fingers....

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Do chickens have middle fingers?

Hobbes [Smile]

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure Mack's do. Maybe even five apiece.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Maybe it'll be a new KFC special.

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Scythrop, your parody of Trogdor was absolutely hysterical! [ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

rivka: Maybe the chicken crossed the road because he was sick of all the dobies. [Wink]

No, I'm just joking, I think it was because the feed over there was particularly tasty. [Smile] Or maybe it was to find a new smilie to annoy Ralphie with!! [Big Grin] (((((Toni))))) Just kidding. [Evil Laugh]

Raia
Member # 4700

Ryuko: Maybe it was avoiding a landmark. [Wink] Well, good luck to the chicken! If there's one day to be using the wave smilie, this is it! [The Wave]

I haven't made it across the road, or I would buy lots of anime. (sadness) Congrats to the chicken, though. [Smile]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
The Chicken Thread. Some of my greatest work. If there is a God, he will never let this thread die.

Evar.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To give Ralphie a welcome-back hug. (((((Ralphie)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.