FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 5)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim: It is the rabbit.
Arthur: You silly sod!
Tim: What?
Arthur: You got us all worked up!
Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit!
Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! . . . death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth

Yup, That's me.

(Why don't we have a nasty, big, pointy teeth emoticon?)

[This message has been edited by The Rabbit (edited February 05, 2003).]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
That one is close enough
Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Fael:

My favorite Ice Cream is French Vanilla (the best available) in a bowl, a nice small hand size bowl.
(edit to say I don't like it so frozen it is hard to eat. Just a little on the soft side.)
I love it best with caramel and English Walnuts (althouh pecans will do)

quote:
French Vanilla, especially the premium varieties, are the ice cream of choice for people of taste and refinement. These are people who enjoy the finer things in life and, perhaps more importantly, actually recognize what the finer things in life are. Friends admire this person's home decor and taste in clothing, especially. Expect these people to be slightly anachronistic, especially with a bias towards the distant past as a favorite era. Being a rennaisance man or woman is important to them.

quote:
Caramel and English Walnuts together as a topping (are you a toffee lover, perhaps?) indicates a preference for the unusually intelligent and sophisticated as companions and lovers. Their ideal mate will have a strong personality, old world charm, and broad interests that compliment the basic desire for elegance that was indicated by the choice (in this case) of French Vanilla premium ice cream

quote:
The choice of a "nice, small hand-sized bowl" is revealing of a person who compartmentalizes her life. This is a person for whom work has definite boundaries that are not to be exceeded in terms of the time or energy that it commands in her life. She's got better things to do with her time than be a wage slave. Don't mistake this as a bad work ethic though. The job, if manageable and defined, will get done to a T and then some.

quote:
A bias against fully frozen ice cream indicates a spiritual side that has more patience than others in her immediate circle of friends and relations. She is sometimes considered "fussy" by those who don't know her extremely well because she is always looking for quality and the RIGHT WAY to do things. She is a counselor, especially on matters of how to manage difficult situations -- not necessarily in the romance department but in other areas. Looks upon Martha Stewart as a flash-in-the-pan tipster.

Edit to add:

There's another aspect to all this that I missed in the first go-round. I did some more research and found that the following are also relevant:

quote:
Your choice of a particular type of Walnut (and English ones at that) indicates more than just an attraction to the cerebral and old-world types. Your approach to relationships is that they are serious business, not to be taken lightly. And, in fact, you enjoy the complexities of it all. The caramel, in this context, is something I had a bit of trouble with at first. I think what it is saying is that underneath it all, you still seek a very simple and enveloping warmth. Complexity and seriousness aside, the real basis of the relationship is affection and love. And you think of those as two inseperable qualities in a mate. You have affection for almost everyone, but there's an added dimension of comfort you would demand of someone you will spend your life with.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited February 05, 2003).]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
CT:
Vanilla custard with real vanilla bean and a high fat content, blended with sparkling soda water into a frothy italian-soda-thingy, no solid custard left, but does have little chunks of frozen soda-water floating around the edges.

No topping. Very plain stainless steel ice tea spoon (extra long), sipped one spoonful at a time, preferably from a tall green/blue-brown chilled Frankoma mug.

quote:
Those who make a high-end ice-cream float using premium vanilla custard style ice creams and soda water are off-the-scale detail oriented. Some might even call them obsessive, but that would really miss the point. It isn't a compulsion that drives them. It is an internal motivation to be the best at what they choose to do. These are people who reshape the world to their liking and who are extremely logical in their approach to everything. Expect this type of person to have a solid plan in life.

quote:
People who have a favorite bowl for their ice cream are 99th percentile people. Those who have a special vessel for their ice-cream floats are in the last 1% of that range! This is a person who has goals. Probably a loner for most of the time as well. Very comfortable with a solitary existence. But don't be frightened off by that if you are a potential mate. This is a person who is looking for a complete absorption of both of you into one unit. If you aren't prepared to lose yourself, get lost! The colors and patterns on the mug are important as well. They describe a person who is seeking a simpler more basic existence. A person who, at her core, is trying to be in tune with the universe and take a more holistic approach to everything. This is a dream for later in life, perhaps, but one that is no empty goal either.

quote:
Wow...even a special spoon, CT? The spooning of a liquid concoction just fits the rest of the profile of one who is very detail oriented, living a plan, and in charge. But this adds a new twist as well. The plain nature of the spoon and the method for its use speak volumes about what you seek in life. Simplicity, to be sure, but also you wish that you could take life in smaller increments. Despite your success of living a planned existence, the fear of losing control is always nagging in the background. The spoonfuls of life approach appeals even moreso because it feels so opposite of the tempest you feel you are riding.

Hey look, I just finished my first CT scan!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, personal friend, remember?

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Cor... I'm trying. Really I am. Everyone has to just wait their turn.

You might as well beat yourself up for not posting earlier in the thread, you know!!!

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you rock!

I have to print it out and savour myself over a glass of fine red wine. Mmmmmm ...

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
::beats himself up for not posting earlier in the thread::

It's cool though. Thanks Bob.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have to print it out and savour myself over a glass of fine red wine. Mmmmmm ...

CT, as a medical professional, you should know better. People used to die of consumption!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
At least it isn't a fine chianti!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Cor...I'm sorry...16 more before I get to you.

I figure sometime this month, for sure!!!

Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
we should keep this on the first page so bob can find it easier.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Bob....

That was wonderful... Now I know who I am and who to act.

Seriously you hit enough points right on that it is scary.

*Looks for the hidden camera in her office*

I know this takes time, so thank you soo much.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob got some things right about Fael that are so true they're scary. There's no way he could have known some of it - he's either an incredibly lucky guesser or truly gifted.

I mean, you nailed things that are just plain iherently true about her. I'm amazed.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
*beats herself for not posting earlier*

I agree that this should stay on the first page...

to remind Bob of all those waiting.

(btw Icarus, R Gonad? My virgin eyes! I would never purposly make that my name! The correct rearrangement is "no drag")

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Zalmoxis:
I'll take CT's soda thing including the stainless steel spoon, but add a shot of caramel and switch from the mug to a soda glass.
When it comes to sipping/drinking something, I prefer glass. Not plastic. Not ceramic. Glass.

quote:
Okay, take most of what was said above...delete the part about the particular mug and go from there:

The shot of caramel added to this concoction indicates that your ideal spouse or life partner would be someone exactly like yourself. You value compatibility above all else and actively seek it in others.

The choice of a soda glass indicates some anxiety about the future, but also a desire to live with foresight. In your work, you prefer to have the big picture in front of you at all times. And you like to always have a handle on how much progress has been made and how much more is left to be accomplished.

You hate surprises especially at work.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Human:I like chocolate chip cookie dough, hot fudge toppings, and nice and soft...what does that say about me? Hmmm?

quote:
The choice of chocolate chip cookie dough is a sign of an impatient nature. This is a person who wants things done now. A slight tendency to go off half-baked, but this is not usually a problem. This is a complex person who is not easy to fathom, even for close friends. It takes years to figure him out and usually, just when you think you have, he'll change.

quote:
Hot fudge toppings are the choice of the truly sensual. Here is a person who will make a great lover and who appreciates the same in return. Ideal mates will be someone very giving and able to fill the "voids" with full understanding. This is a person who is willing to change for the right person and the right reasons.

quote:
those who prefer their ice cream on the soft side try to avoid conflict whenever possible. They may even shy away from a fight unless it really affects them deeply. These are very sensitive people who are often very wise and full of empathy. It goes without saying that they are also thorough and deep in their understanding of other people and especially their work.

Daisy Bogel
Member # 4414

- posted      Profile for Daisy Bogel           Edit/Delete Post 
These are interesting. Where does Bob get this?
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
From the original post (by Bob, of course):
quote:
I have invented the ice cream preference personality profile comprehensive index -- ICPPPCI.
It's a palindrome too! Cool.

Okay, here's how it works. You tell me your favorite ice cream flavor. Then tell me what toppings you would use on it to make it just right. Then, describe how you would eat it (let it get soft or race through it while the ice cream is still frozen?). Tell me about the bowl if that's important to you.

I will take all this information and, through the application of the ICPPPCI, will tell you all about yourself.

He made it up. Beyond cool.

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
He's gonna publish, make a million and go away and leave us . . .

Seriously - fascinating stuff -

It has even materialized on the Writers Workshop thread now -

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Difficult question, I think for me, the answer is probably Pralines and Cream since it is the one I most frequenly order at Ice Cream shops (I'm also a fan of Green Tea, and Peach and Mango flavored ice cream), although if Ice Cream is accompanying something (fruit, a milk shake etc) it always has to be vanilla. I like to eat it in a cone, or in a cup or bowl, doesn't really matter which (although I like cone's best when they're those glorious smelling, waffle like looking old school kinds), And I never, ever, bite ice cream, it's always handled exclusively through the tongue, no teeth involved. Oh and I don't like toppings much either, I never use them (particularly nuts, I loathe nuts, but I deal with Pralines and Cream because I've been eating that since I was little before I'd made any concrete ruling on whether or not nuts were acceptable).

This is probably too convoluted , but that's me .

[This message has been edited by graywolfe (edited February 07, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by graywolfe (edited February 07, 2003).]

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You know, I've been thinking that after this thread I could start a new kind of therapy where, if people want to change something in their personality, we'll start the process by prescribing a flavor of ice cream, some toppings and the appropriate container.

I think it could work!

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
That idea screams of genius, Bob. In other words...DO EET!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The Rabbit:
I would like some real Hazelnut Gelato served in a chilled dish at a side walk ice cream stand in a small town in the mountains of northern italy with some bitter sweet chocolate ganache on top. I want the ice cream in a chilled dish so that I can savor it slowly without having the ice cream melt.

quote:
Favoring Gelato (any flavor) is a sign of the truly discriminating personality. Hazelnut gelato serves to reinforce and expand this impression. You are finicky and sometimes even persnickity. But that's also a sign of how detail oriented you can be. You are not easily distracted and pursue your every goal with a single-minded determination.

Still, you also have a strong religious impulse and are drawn to think on the mysteries of life. You might even go through phases of deep mysticism in your search for the real truth that underlies all of Creation.

quote:
The specification of a "ganache" (a sweet creamy chocolate mixture used especially as a filling or frosting) is a sign of your more loving nature. Because you also said you like it as a topping, it is saying that you are attracted to strong individualists and, paradoxically, you want to change them for the better. An ideal spouse would be a tough call here because you definitely want the strong, willful type, but mainly because you think you'll have so much fun in taming them!!!

quote:
The choice of a chilled dish indicates that you know exactly what you want in life and especially in your work environment. You enjoy work and often put in extra hours without complaint. But woe be it to the boss who causes you to be late on a project or doesn't let you do things the way you know they ought to be done!

quote:
A preference for a particular place in which to eat ones ice cream shows a level of refinement and maturity that others often envy. Your choice of the sidewalk cafe in the small mountain town is a sign of your confidence in yourself. Your self-assured attitude comes out in surprising ways. In particular, you are thought of as the strong one among your friends, even though you probably don't view yourself that way. You are just who you are and that's that. But you aren't fooling anyone with that self-effacing stuff. Just take charge. Everyone expects it anyway.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Mackillian:
Good chocolate ice cream. No toppings. Eaten while it is still mostly frozen so that you have to chew a bit.

quote:
Well, we've kind of been over this ground a little already, but without just going back and copying it over, I'll say:
High quality chocolate is the flavor of choice for the truly sensual. This is a person who loves life and likes to get the most out of it. Some may think of you as vain or self-centered, but the reality is that you are just having more fun than they are.

quote:
The no-toppings folks really don't like friends or (especially) lovers to play games. They want you to be yourself at all times and don't fake it. Often these folks are very comfortable all on their own so if you're trying to make friends you'd better have something to offer besides mere companionship.

quote:
Those who eat their ice cream while it is still frozen like to take the world as it comes. They understand where they fit in the world, usually, and they just want to go forth and conquer. Or, at the very least, finish one project before beginning another. These are good logical thinkers who are also especially useful when others are panicking. But they don't like unplanned or unforeseen changes.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Toretha:
Vanilla bean. plain. I like it either very frozen, or with a coating of melted ice cream. Sometimes I'll add a tiny bit of choclate sauce, but not much at all. Homemade chocolate sauce is best, and I'll eat it very very slowly licking it from a spoon. YUMMMMMM

quote:
Vanilla bean, plain is the flavor of choice, as we've seen before, of those who live a quiet and tasteful existence. They are exactly as you find them -- no airs. But they are known for their sense of classic style. They know that the old ways are often the best and they aren't ashamed to act accordingly.

quote:
A small amount of chocolate sauce as a topping is indicative of a person who needs only a few close friends to be happy in life. The preference for homemade chocolate sauce adds another dimension to this, however. In this case, the person is somewhat judgemental of others and is very picky about who will ever have a shot at becoming a friend. This is not a "takes all kinds" type of person. She knows she isn't going to get along with you inside of 3 minutes and just would rather not waste everyone's time trying to make a fit that doesn't. This especially applies to potential love interests.

quote:
Those who eat their ice cream very slowly, licking it from a spoon are generally quiet types. They watch the world and everyone in it. They are surveying their domain, actually. They savor every experience in life and get the most out of it. Usually have excellent memories for places and events and can describe details that most others miss. Likely to be the family historian or take on that type of role at work.

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Both mine and Toretha's are scarily accurate...
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Strider:
Strawberry(with real strawberries god damn it)
rainbow sprinkles(yes, i'm a big homo, but i don't care )
maybe some fudge.
in a cone, cause i love to eat the cone after. sugar or wafer. they both have their advantages.

quote:
Strawberry ice cream with real Strawberries is the flavor of old time romantics. This type of person might be surrounded by antiques. Friends think of this person as an 'old soul' and will often seek his/her counsel, especially in matters of relationships. Not given to wild expressions of lust, but rather will woo a mate through traditional courtships. But not any half-measures here. This is the real deal. With this person, it is all about the heart. The mind is important, but subject to the heart's impulses and desires.

quote:
Rainbow sprinkles are the topping of choice for those who like to have fun with friends and lovers. The most important attribute someone can bring to a relationship is their sense of humor and a bit of whimsy. Bring a bit of sunshine whereever you go and this guy will just melt for you!

The possible addition of fudge is aimed mainly at you potential love interests out there. This is a person who leads with his heart, remember, so what he's also looking for is a bit of coverage from you. The real depth of understanding that will let him really feel loved and wanted.

quote:
Those who like cones and don't care which type are showing that they can be satisfied with any sort of honest work. They'll do a good job. And then they'll go home to be with family and friends, because that's what is really important. Expect this person to be the heart and soul of your organization though, because they will get to know everyone and find the value in them. And the work product of everyone will be enriched by it. Companies have actually folded after someone like this retires. It takes all the fun out of the place!

del
Member # 4618

- posted      Profile for del           Edit/Delete Post 
Cookie dough.

Let it melt partially, then mix it with a spoon so it becomes smooth. Eat the cookie dough chunks first, then the rest of the ice cream.

Yeah.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*is kinds freaked out* bloody heck! that's kinda scary. Especially the good memory for events and places.
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I'm next!

I don't think I can stand the tension!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I KNOW!! I'm after you, and it's driving me crazy!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't resist... Ice cream is my favorite food.

Flavor: Bordeaux Cherry from Umpqua Dairy (Hey! My feet are Longfellows!)
Toppings: None
In: A perfectly round-bottomed bowl so I can get every last drop with my soup spoon
Method: Eaten slowly, one bite at a time and allowing all the ice cream to melt away from the luscious cherry halves before I bite into them.
Edited to add: This is one ice cream I cannot eat alone. I must have my best friend Elisabeth with me and it tastes best while watching anime.

[This message has been edited by DeathofBees (edited February 09, 2003).]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Belle:
Vanilla with caramel swirl - and let me 'splain. If you just add caramel topping, it's not the same temp as the ice cream therefore it remains separate, and usually it just pours off the ice cream and puddles at the bottom. Then, to get all the caramel you have to wait until the end when the ice cream is melted and soupy and that's just ick.
Plain whipped cream on top. No nuts or anything else.

quote:
Vanilla with a caramel swirl IN the ice cream is a sign of a conservative attitude mixed with a very sweet nature. This is a person who holds to traditional values in most things, but has a complex streak to her. People aren't surprised by it because she is easy to know and she doesn't hide her complexities. It's there for all to see. But expect her to have a heart as big as all outdoors once you know her. Very generous with her time. To a fault.

quote:
Plain whipped cream all by itself as a topping indicates a person who has strong views about the roles men and women should take in relationships. The ideal mate would hold similar views. Friendships are a wonderful thing to this person and she likes having many friends. But you must be value-added in her life. She's a busy person so friends are a luxury she allows herself. If the friendship becomes a strain, it is set aside -- there's too much else going on.

quote:
Though not stated explicitly, the aversion to melted ice cream and not wanting to use caramel as a topping are important. These are signs of impatience with life. It is probably not work related, but rather some sort of frustration at meeting personal goals or timetables. This is a person who plans her life and doesn't like it when life doesn't go according to plan. Her choice of ice cream flavors suggests that she would handle the situation with outward grace, but inside, she's seething! Those close to her know about and help her through the roughest bits.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

hansenj:

Favorite: Cookies n' Cream (or anything chocolate! My true favorite is World Class Chocolate from Baskin Robbins, but I don't know if that would work.)
Toppings: hot fudge and whipped cream (NO nuts)

I eat ice cream relatively slowly because I like to enjoy it. Also, I like it partially melted

quote:
This is all about your TRUE favorite, so I'll go with the World Class Chocolate from Baskin Robbins. This is a premium chocolate flavor combining White Chocolate Mousse and Milk Chocolate Ice Creams. It's been around since 1984. Those who choose it as their favorites are thorough-going hedonists in the best possible sense. These are people who know how to party and can attract a crowd just by showing up. Many of these types end up in small circles of like-minded friends, however, as they become progressively disenchanted with the starched shirts they have to deal with. And they don't actually seek out all the attention. What's attractive about them is that they just love whatever they are doing and have more fun at it than any of the rest of us could imagine.

quote:
Topping such a melange with Hot Fudge and whipped cream connotes are more traditional side. This is a person who is really geared up for the one true love in life. The ideal partner in life is just that-someone to share EVERYTHING and also bring more to the relationship. Deep down, this hedonist is really just waiting to be tamed by the right kind of person -- someone who fulfills all the sensual and mental needs and is into discovery. If you are that person, just remember that life with this one is a constant adventure so hold tight!

quote:
The combination of slow ingestion and a preference for the partially melted is a sign that this person does not enjoy conflict. Strife is not fun. It is a distraction from the joys to be had in life. This is a person who likes to keep things easy and smooth. No rough edges.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

J.A.N.E:
Tirramassu flavored gelato, in a sugar cone. No toppings, and eaten while walking...so probably eaten quickly to avoid dripage.

quote:
Tiramisu flavored gelato is a flavor that few can really pull off. This is an expansive personality. A gigantic lust for life. Also tending towards radicalism in some of her beliefs, but really just assertive of her own rights. A tigress when crossed, but a real lovable sort when just out with friends. Relationships can be a struggle for power with this one, so if you find yourself to be one who avoids conflict, you might become submissive around her dominant personality. She likes to be challenged because she NEVER loses.

quote:
The choice of a sugar cone indicates, in this case, restless spirit. She is not one to be tied down to a single job or a single relationship. At least not yet. Maybe, she says to herself, when I'm older and HAVE to settle down -- but not now. But since she is ageless in her own personality, that settling down may never really happen. Destined to become a gypsy if she has her way.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

LadyDove:
Served in a waffle cone cup; White Chocolate Ice Cream topped with fresh frozen strawberries and toasted coconut.
Eaten in small spoonfuls. The strawberries melting on your tongue.

Break off and eat pieces of waffle cone that have absorbed just the right amount of icecream goodness.

Yumm..

quote:
White chocolate ice cream is the choice of those who are never quite what they seem. This is likely to be a quiet, unassuming type in most situations -- a watcher or even stand-offish in large groups. But get to know her and watch out! It's all surprises from the minute she opens her mouth. She has sincere depths and a keen intellect that people fall instantly in love with once they truly understand what a gem she is. Very understated in her choice of clothing and decor, but with a flair and accents that you don't even notice until you get up close and personal. If she ever gets into trouble it is shocking to the entire community because they think of her as so straight and narrow.

quote:
Fresh frozen strawberries and toasted coconuts as toppings indicate a person who is in love with the idea of romance. She likes to be courted in the old fashioned ways, but likes the modern ways just fine too. She wants you to be gregarious enough to bring her out of her shell. And she doesn't mind if you are even significantly older, as long as you are smart and have a big heart. Looks do count though. It's all part of the package.

quote:
When you eat in small spoonfuls, and the strawberries melt on your tongue, this says that you are interested in the PROCESS as much as the final result. Especially in love, you want the romance to last forever. So this isn't a scenario where you can be "won" and that's all it takes to get onto the next phase in life. You want him to win you every day and at every phase.

quote:
Eating ice cream from a waffle cone cup and savoring the waffle cone cup only when it has absorbed the right amount of ice creamy goodness...wow! That's as specific as this ever gets. And what it means is that you don't look upon work as "work" but as an integrated part of your life. You love the work (and that's rare enough among romantics such as yourself), but you also have a strong bond to your working life. It defines you in ways that enrich the rest of your life. You see the social importance of everything you do and you are likely to switch jobs until you are satisfied that you are doing real good in the world.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

JuniperDreams:
Butter pecan, no toppings, in a cone, and I eat it as fast as I can!

quote:
Butter pecan is the flavor of the truly complex personality. NO-body can put you in a box and they'd best not even try! You can be sweet and lovable when it suits you, but every so often the rebellious person has to break through, just to keep everyone on their toes. You are hard to fathom and thus have only a few friends you even consider friends, let alone close. You have lots and lots of compartments in your mind too. The world is divided into discrete boxes that you can open and close at will. You multitask extremely well and don't understand why others aren't built the same way.

quote:
The lack of toppings in this case is more of a practical matter than anything else. It isn't that you don't want more friends or even a lover, it's just that you are moving too fast for them right now. Eventually, sure, maybe, but right now people should just get out of your way. And the friends you do have had better be straight up and honest with you. Even if you are too complex for them, they'd better keep it simple or you'll just walk away because they are taking up too much time and effort.

quote:
The choice of a cone, in this case, indicates the desire to move on as quickly as possible. There is always something you are preparing for and you want to be ready, so you finish EVERYTHING in your current situation early so that nothing stands in your way when the time comes.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Kasie:
Flavor: Vanilla
Topping(s): Gummi bears
Completely frozen -- not melted.

quote:
What are you, three??? Just kidding, and I know you know that... How? Because this is all one package. The flavor, the gummi bears and eating it all at once. You are just a plain good natured and self-contained person who loves to have fun. You treat friends and lovers all the same at this point in your life. Everyone is part of the fun in life and you love them all for it. And you want it all, now! It is an impatience for everything good in life that drives you.

quote:
I normally don't do much prognostication about what is coming up in people's lives, but this time I've just got to make an exception. And this is to say: Don't ever give up on those gummi bears as a topping!!! They are as much a reflection of yourself as the flavor you chose. It's all a package. And I'm afraid that some big hurt will get you to change. So remember this when you look down and stare into a bowl of some other flavor and no toppings are on it. Then go get that package of gummi bears and soon you'll see that it isn't you who have changed at all. And that's when you'll be able to see your way back to the fun loving person you will always be. And remember, you will always have loads of friends.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

ginette:Vanilla soft ice, coming out of a soft ice machine, with cream.
In a soft cone that weakens with the ice.

quote:
Sheesh! Foreigners!!! Okay, here's the scoop -- those who like the soft-serve style ice cream from a machine are sometimes buffeted by the world around them. Some may view this as a lack of self-esteem, but the reality is more complex. What's really going on is that you some things inside that are holding you back and so the ice cream flavor is really a sign of the things you fear most. In this case, a fear of living just a traditional, conservative life. And that fear causes you to act with uncertainty in some instances. This will baffle many of those who know you (especially family) because they know your strengths and marvel at them constantly.

quote:
The choice of whipped cream is, in this case, a sign of wanting friends and lovers to be your shield. You like being protected and nurtured, perhaps because you missed that while growing up. In the long run, however, you want more than that from a spouse. He should also be understanding and know when to let you support him. It goes both ways.

quote:
Choosing a soft cone that becomes soggy over time is an indication that you like your work and home life to blend. More importantly, you like them to bend to you soft persuasion over time. You are willing to be patient and work your slow magic. You can make any situation over to be more to your liking if you have the time. People always like the way it turns out.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

sylvrdragon:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
crushed Soft Batch cookies mixed in
soft but no liquidy
served in as big a bowl as you can find

quote:
The choice of chocolate chip cookie dough is a sign of an impatient nature. This is a person who wants things done now. A slight tendency to go off half-baked, but this is not usually a problem. This is a complex person who is not easy to fathom, even for close friends. It takes years to figure this one out and usually, just when you think you have, changes happen.

quote:
mixing in crushed soft batch cookies (you didn't say which brand and it can make a difference) is a sign that you like similarly complex people in your life. You expect them to be more "together" than you are and you get upset when it turns out not to be the case. But still, it's all good. You share mutual interests with these people and probably form an isolated group away from the madding crowd. Strong bonding with your friends is crucial to you. It's for life as far as you are concerned.

quote:
Those who like their ice cream soft are trying to avoid conflict. In this case, it does take on a tinge of "isolationism" with an "us versus them" mentality. You don't like things to get too unstructured in your life, but you don't like rigid rules either. A laissez faire attitude is what you seek most from the world.

quote:
The choice of the largest bowl available is a sign that you not only like to work, but like to be in charge and still get your hands dirty. You are a natural leader and aren't afraid to step into that role whenever needed. But you want the rewards and recognition as well. You have a strong sense of your self-worth and expect others to recognize it.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited February 09, 2003).]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

dkw:
I don't have a permenant favorite, but I buy every new flavor of Ben&Jerry's as soon as it comes out.
I eat one scoop per serving, in a custard cup, with a baby spoon, so I can eat less but it lasts longer.

quote:
You have no permanent favorite but try every new premium flavor from Ben & Jerry's as soon as they come out. This tells me you are a seeker and that you try to find the good in every person you come in contact with. You view life as an exercise or a test as well and you believe that to pass the test you have to get beyond the superficial appearances and try to know everyone and everything. In some, this would be a distinct liability as it is such an impossible undertaking. But read on...

quote:
The one scoop per serving indicates your internal sense of discipline. In some sense, it is saying that you are never going to get TOO involved with any one person -- that there is so much you have to give to so many. But on the other hand it is indicative of your overarching sense of what is proper and best for all. You aren't trying to be in charge, you just want to know what's going on and help out where you can.

quote:
This is the real clincher -- the secret to your success where others fail -- baby spoonfuls. You can be so good at learning and knowing others because you know your own limitations and you work at the pace that you know you can maintain for the long haul. It is possible for a man to outrun a horse, in a long distance race. And that's you -- never missing an opportunity to learn a little more. Taking the time to do it right and get it right. You love your work and savor it. Even when there's nothing left to do for the day, you are thinking it over and planning for later.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

And thus ends all the submissions on page 2 of the thread. If I missed you, speak up!

Else, I'm on to page 3.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, did you sleep last night!?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Ooohhhh - I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it. Only 10 before my turn.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

It's a good thing we all learned how to wait patiently in line, like the well-mannered kids we are, a long time ago, huh?

coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like it to be known that gummi bears are the best topping EVER.
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Ever had chocolate-covered gummi bears? my FAVORITE. I'm visiting my father and sister next weekend and there's a candy store in my hometown that makes and sells 'em.

I am getting a good supply.

Belle
Member # 2314

Bob - I am not worthy.

You are the master.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.