FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is your Deathly Hallows theory? (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: What is your Deathly Hallows theory?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think we are certain Kreacher has the locket, it is very possible Mundungus might.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here are my final predictions.

Harry owns 2/3 of Voldemort's body, while a muggle owns the other 1/3. By destroying his scar, Harry will turn himself as well as Voldemort into a muggle.

Hagrid will die by protecting Gwarp, so Harry will become the groundskeeper at Hogwarts.

Percy Weasley will die.

Draco Malfoy will become good, but will die.

Pettigrew will kill Greyback with his silver hand.

Ron and Hermione will marry.

I've gone back and forth about Snape. Right now I'm leaning towards him being good, but that might change in the next couple of days.

Sirius will make an appearance.

Dudley will perform magic.

The threesome will have to spend a significant amount of time at Hogwarts to track down the horcruxes.

The final battle will take place at Hogwarts.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mrs. Weasley will die saving Percy.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you should comment on my lj post linked on the previous page.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by otterk10:

The first of these has been explicitly ruled out by Rowling. I'm fairly sure the second and third have as well, but I'm not 100% certain.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Last I looked none of those had been ruled out, maybe I need to look again.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
First was ruled out recently.

Not sure about the other two though....I thought it was Petunia whp was NOT doing magic, not Dudly.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope Harry doesn't become a Muggle. Let him live or kill him, but don't take the magic away!
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
There are so many great predictions in here and I don't want to miss any of them in HP DH quiz I am putting together.

If you have a moment, could you put some of your predictions / burning questions to be answered into multiple choice form and put them in the HP DH Quiz thread? I am slowly reading through the eight pages here but some might get missed out.

The final quiz will be posted here on Thursday or Friday for those wishing to take park.

Thanks for you help!

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Another few predictions: The first part of the novel will deal with the summer, and the three will either find a horcrux or learn that one is at Hogwarts. Assuming the school opens, they return merely as a cover in order to look for the horcrux.

Wouldn't the Death Eaters be suspicious if Hogwarts reopened and Harry wasn't there?

Also...has anyone considered Tom Riddle's "Special Services to the School" trophy as a horcrux?

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also thinking that Mrs. Weasley would die saving one of her family -- Percy being a top choice.

So last night I had this dream where RAB used the Horcrux he stole to create another copy of Voldemort and that there are now 2 Voldemort's wandering around, fighting each other for the right to kill Harry.

Hmmmm...not proposing it as a prediction or anything but it was an interesting dream. [Smile]

On a side note, I just took a HP quiz on Mugglenet. There seem to be a lot of opportunities to shout out your own predictions about what's going on. So, firebird, if you're looking for ideas, you might want to go there for a few. Anyway, I'm now hoping that I haven't spent so much time making predictions that the book doesn't turn out to disappoint me in the end.....nah! I still think it's in good fun. Although I will be irked at her if she tries to redeem Snape. I gave him a thorough tongue-lashing on my own blog the other day. [Smile]

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also...has anyone considered Tom Riddle's "Special Services to the School" trophy as a horcrux?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an interesting thought.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, Ron vomitting slugs all over it may have destroyed it. [Wink]
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
quote:
quote:

This is an interesting thought but I think it isn't -- mostly because, among other things, Voldemort wants to disassociate himself with his "filthy muggle father's name."
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
quote:
quote:

This is an interesting thought but I think it isn't -- mostly because, among other things, Voldemort wants to disassociate himself with his "filthy muggle father's name."
True, but it also could be seen as a token of his opening the Chamber of Secrets. Of course that would be a bit redundant, as that was the purpose of the diary as well.

However much he might have hated his name, Voldy might have loved Hogwarts more.

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

The first of these has been explicitly ruled out by Rowling. I'm fairly sure the second and third have as well, but I'm not 100% certain.
Are you sure that this was ruled out? I know she ruled out Pettigrew killing Lupin but I hadn't heard anything about Greyback.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

She did, in fact, rule out Grayback being killed with Wormtail's hand as Serius making a reappearance; however, Dudley may well perform magic. She only ruled out Petunia as a possibility on that one.
otterk10
Member # 10463

How recently did she rule ot Greyback? I remember when I checked a couple of weeks ago only Lupin was ruled out, which led me to believe that Pettigrew would kill Greyback.

Has Bill been ruled out too?

Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

Can you (or anybody) link to where she ruled out Greyback? I'm interested in reading what she had to say. I did read that Petunia has not and will not ever perform magic and that Sirius will not come back to life but I've never seen the comment on Greyback and can't find it on her site.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I can't find that Sirius won't come back to life on her site either. So none of those three things Lisa said were ruled out are on her site, I'm checking Mugglenet.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

If a debunked rumor is not on this site or JK Rowlings site, I would not consider it cannon.

http://www.mugglenet.com/books/futurebooks/book7/rumors.shtml

solo
Member # 3148

Maybe I hadn't read that Sirius won't come back to life then.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

See I'm not sure he will come back to life but I do think he will appear in more than a flashback.
solo
Member # 3148

Oh, I agree with that. I think that we will see some interesting stuff to do with the Veil and the voices heard from behind it.
Christine
Member # 8594

You know what...I was confused. The debunked rumor (on www.mugglenet.com, which is a site I trust when it comes to HP info) is actually that Wormtail will not kill LUPIN with his hand. It doesn't rule out Graback....so who knows?

As for Sirius being dead...I'm sure I read that in an interview with Rowling after the fifth book came out. In the same interview, she mentioned being in tears when she wrote his death. i remember it because Sirius' death didn't really affect me that much. Anyway, I can't find the interview now. I am sure, however, that Sirius is dead and staying dead and that Rowling has said so, even if it is not on her site. You can choose to believe me or not. I admit, I have to physical proof. [Smile]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Still think he's dead, still think he'll be there.
otterk10
Member # 10463

She said that Sirius is dead, but did not rule out Harry communicating with him (Harry goes beyond the viel or with the two-way mirrors). That is what I meant when I said that Sirius will make another appearance.
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
She said that Sirius is dead, but did not rule out Harry communicating with him (Harry goes beyond the viel or with the two-way mirrors). That is what I meant when I said that Sirius will make another appearance.

That is possible, but don't forget that Harry tried that mirror already at the end of book 5. Also, I don't think Sirius had it with him when he died. Of course I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think Sirius will be in book 7 except as a memory (or maybe a photo).
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I just spent two days reading all 8 pages of this thread. Y'all have made me think of many, many things. Someone here or there has stated all the predictions I have made and many of you have made me think of others I never would have conceived of.

My Professor Trelawny costume is ready and my step-daughters and I will dine at PF Chang's (in costume) before going to the mid-night release. I hope my husband goes and drives so that I can read all the way home. If not, I don't think I'll get much sleep this weekend (or much housework done) because I have to finish the book before Girl's Camp next week. PLUS! I want to be one of the original posters and not have to read 8 pages of posts at once.

Thank you all for your insights. I am VERY excited to see how JK concludes this most beloved series.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by aretee:
I have to finish the book before Girl's Camp next week. PLUS! I want to be one of the original posters and not have to read 8 pages of posts at once.

LOL! I'm afraid there will almost certainly be at least 2-3 pages by the middle of next week, which means I'm just going to have to read (or more likely -- skim) them all. I'd love to finish in a day but we read it aloud and we have a toddler. [Smile]

Anyone else going in costume? I hadn't even thought about it...I was just going to put on my "Republicans for Voldemort" shirt which, admittedly, is a little faded. I went to www.goats.com to order another one on Sunday but it would take 2-4 weeks to get here so I guess it's my well-worn version. [Smile]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

There will likely be five or six pages of a thread that is enitirely "I read the book in ________ hours no spoilers" and probably five to ten pages by late Sunday of a spoiler thread. Of course posting has gone down since 05.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm predicting that Harry's scar is (was) the last Horacrux but that Voldemort somehow altered it when he regenerated using Harry's blood. Voldemort will not be aware of this.

Harry, Ron and Hermione will discover that Harry is the final horocrux and believe that Harry must die for Voldemort to be killed. Harry will be prepared to give his life. But he will live.

Harry will be captured by death eaters and brought before Voldemort who desires to kill Harry and create a more suitable Horocrux. Snape will know that this won't work because Voldemort used Harry's blood to regenerate and this knowledge will be used to save Harry.

I'm putting my money on Harry living but that at least one of his closest friends (Ron, Hermione and Ginny) if not all of them die.

Remember you read it here first.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also predicting that Harry, Ron and Hermione will forbid Ginny to work with them for her safety. She will then team up with Neville and Luna. At some point this team will save Harry's life probably and great cost.

Hogwarts won't open until after Voldemort is killed but it will be used as a base for the Order.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't post in this thread anymore. I'm on chapter six, and my work computer is down, so I have nothing to do but read. Muahahaha...
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.