FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What made you happy today? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What made you happy today?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
This is another cheesy Chicken Soup thread. The premise is rather simple: Just talk about something that made you happy recently. I'll start.

The trees all over campus are blooming. On the south end of campus, there's this gigantic flight of stairs that's a real pain to climb. I don't remember exactly how many steps there are, but it's well over ten thousand. Anyway, there are lots of trees alongside the stairs, and they're all blooming. It smells nice, and it's very pretty. So even though I was about to pass out from hiking the Stairs of Death, I was rather happy. It had just rained, so the air was very fresh and fragrant. The sun was out, the birds were singing, the flowers were blooming . . . if that's not cheesy, I don't know what is.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Abigail is nearly potty trained! Last night and this morning she's been consistently going to the potty. *keeping fingers crossed it lasts*
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to apologize to someone today for doing something completely thoughtless yesterday, and the person was extremely gracious and nice about it.

That made me very happy. [Smile]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I get to see my boyfriend! We'd only been apart ten days or so but we've been ridiculously pathetic about it, and both of us are studying much better now we're together.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
My parents ran into one of my 2 best friends from HS in church Sunday. I hadn't talked to her in 5 years and now we're exchanging Email.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I walked 3.6 miles this morning. And on my walk I saw a lady walking her dogs and one of them saw some grade school kids waiting for the bus, so he dragged his owner over there, flopped on his back and got a multi-handed belly rub. It was so cute!!!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy--there are 148 stairs. I've counted them numerous times.

I woke up this morning and there were still five surprise cupcakes left over from last night. Yum!

(Though I wonder what cheesy chicken soup would taste like...)

Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
The weather has been beautiful for 5 or 6 days now.

And that means girls are tanning by the pool outside my apartment. Yay for me.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting some friendship bread starter from the wife of someone I work with! I'm excited.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
What made me happy today?

My thesis not getting torn up in my critique(well not yet anyways, the day is still early)

Feyd

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Jon Boy--there are 148 stairs. I've counted them numerous times.
I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong. As I said before, there are well over ten thousand.
quote:
I woke up this morning and there were still five surprise cupcakes left over from last night. Yum!
Ah, the true breakfast of champions!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
On Tuesday, I had a great day. It started out in sort of a hum-drum lazy spring break manner; I messed around with my computer and took care of my little sister. Then as afternoon approached a couple of my friends ran a spy campaign against my brother and observed him bike to a _girl's_ house (He claimed he was watching a soap opera -- but most soap operas aren't 2.5 hours long...) My spy friends came over and brought croissants, so we ate those and while sitting around talking, I got a letter informing me that I received a presidential scholarship for the University of Oregon. Then my brother came home and we sold him a croissant in exchange for him telling us what he was doing at the _girl's_ house. And if the day weren't fun enough already, I sent the evening driving around north of town with a friend exploring some of the nicer views Corvallis has to offer (Well, that and we drove by the dump.)
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
It's finally warm enough that I can use my windshield washer fluid to clean off my windows and the fluid won't freeze on the windows on my way to work. Spring is almost here!
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I had lunch with my husband today.
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually didn't eat them for breakfast, though I was tempted to. [Smile]
Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

What's the fun in temptation if you don't give in to it? [Wink]
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
My family is here to visit me!! [Big Grin] We don't get a spring break at BYU, but my family does, so they decided to come out for the weekend. I love my family!

...Now I just have this nasty test to take before I have the rest of the weekend to have fun with them...

And yes, the blossoming trees around campus are very beautiful. [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
My new VCR has funny options. Not only can you screen out offensive language, but you can decide how much you want out. It can be off, tolerant, moderate and strict.

And on top of that, you can individually edit out "Damn & Hell" "Religious" and "Sexual" words. Now, the thing that has always amused my about Prime Time TV is that they will edit out the God, but leave the Damn it. If I set this up correctly, it should leave the God in and take the Damn out. Or, I could do it the way they do on TV.

The thing that made me happy about it, however, was the chuckle I got when thinking about Editing out all the "Religious" words and then turning on Benny Hinn or some other such program. [Big Grin]

(Man, that is so lame. I really need to get a life.)

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalia
Member # 3891

- posted      Profile for Thalia   Email Thalia         Edit/Delete Post 
My students were good in tutorial today - asked lots of questions about the readings, and laughed at my jokes. I felt I connected better with them.

Thalia

Posts: 204 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose and Mooselet surprised me at work yesterday. They came by for a visit and brought me a Blizzard from DQ! It brightened the rest of my day. [Big Grin]

-Mama

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
i woke up at 11:30 today...that felt good. It's the simple pleausures in life
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I kicked my Synthetic Chemistry test in the teeth this morning. And believe me, it felt gooooood. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to eat a shack burger for lunch today. It's a huge polish sausage sliced open on top of the burger patty with tons of veggie toppings. You people have no idea how happy this makes me.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
We got the newsletter to the post office! And you know, it's a whole lot easier now that we know it's machinable.

I will never again do a non-machinable bulk mailing. Never.

Ah, the simple pleasures.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an e-mail from one of my German professors asking for a letter of recommendation for a teaching award. She asked me and a few others because we are her best students. It's nice to know that I'm good at one of my majors, anyway. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
well yesterday I got offered a four year college scholarship.
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! You Ravenclaws are all such brainiacs. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My roommate and I really wanted to make hummus. We had everything we neede except the garbonzo beans and the lemons. So we went to our local ghetto food supplier, Town & Country Foods, and - can you believe this - not only were lemons on sale (6 for a dollar!), but garbonzo beans were on sale (2 for a dollar)! So I bought 10 cans of garbonzo beans and 6 lemons, enough to make 2 massive batches of hummus and one pitcher of lemondae, all for $6.00!

Merveilleux!!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
thanks [Smile] I don't even remember anything about ravenclaws or hufflepuffs, I just like the name [Wink]
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I slept alone in a king-size bed last night [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I got emails from my girlfriend, who is leaving for two weeks, INSTEAD of a MONTH which was what was originally going to happen. She's the craziest, most nonsensically sweet girl I know, and she makes me happy.

Apart from that, I'm now spending time with the kind of people who make lists of the good things in life. This makes me happy as well, knowing that such good people exist.

*loves Hatrackers*

*realizes how sappy this sounds*

[ March 29, 2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Reading Kat's mother of the bride thread.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
two new super sexy brazierres. what can i say, underthings are very important to me [Big Grin]

went to get the denim skirt i had looked at last week, i had to buy it in a size SIX and it is still a bit loose.
okay, two months ago i would have bought a ten at the smallest. this is a huge deal for me, i haven't been able to wear under a ten since i was in junior high, and have even had to wear a thirteen, and my weight has always been a big self esteen issue.

time to make boys cry. [Cool]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, and all my friends in richmond missed me very much, the weather was beautiful, and we had a picnic with dead people.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I got three letters from Paul in the mail today and was able to enjoy them without interuption as the rest of the family was away all day. The family being away was also really nice since my parents have, once again, been threatening to divorce.

Also: Napping on the small beach I found by the creek a few years, trading secrets with a close friend, and being here. I full-heartedly second Zotto!'s comment. [Smile]

...Congrats Porce! [Smile]

Edited because I'm wondering who the dead people were.

[ March 29, 2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Pixie ]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I made progress in Final Fantasy X (Tidus is almost not a wuss anymore! Hurrah! In other news, FFX has the worst script and voice-acting I've ever seen. The only explanation I can conclude for why I continue to play it is "subliminal messages") as well as writing a poem, my first completed work in almost a month. Go me.
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the world's most perfect grilled turkey sandwich for lunch today. It's just amazing. And half of it is waiting in the fridge for me tomorrow!

Reading kat's thread also made me happy. [Smile]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Did I mention that KU is in the Final Four?!?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

pixie: a few friends and i had a picnic in a cool place called Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, VA.
it is really big, hilly and actually quite pretty.
jefferson davis, president of the confederate states of america, is buried there, along with a whole slew of other southern folk.
and there's room for more [Smile]

Ophelia
Member # 653

My friend's father told us about a really great sub shop downtown, and I had the most delicious chicken parmesian sandwich ever!
*drools*

Also, I'm mostly packed for Germany!!! [Eek!] I didn't think that would happen until tomorrow night! And I still have lots of room in my second bag!

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natius Magnus
Member # 4970

- posted      Profile for Natius Magnus   Email Natius Magnus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody, I'm knew to this forum, so try to understand if I don't know what's going on. [Confused]
I agree with Jon Boy, there are at least 10000 stairs in that stair case. [Big Grin]
Anyway to the conversation at hand. The feel of a cool breeze on the back of my neck makes me happy.
Nate

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hansenj got my letter. That made me happy. [Big Grin]

I'm just a few away from 4000. [Big Grin]

Shooting the moon last night in a game against Icarus, Myr, and Laitment. That was awesome.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Coming home! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
Waking up with one of my favorite people in a lofted twin bed.
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toes
Member # 4603

- posted      Profile for Toes   Email Toes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this was actually on friday, but no matter. I was in my morning dance class at school and my friends and i decided we needed to go to the theater and make sure our dance would work. On our way across campus we glimpsed the parking lot, and believe it or not there was a camel! A camel in our high school parking lot! I don't know what's normal in everyone else's school parking lot, but its never happened to this school and chances are never again. We ran out to the lot (who cares about rule-breaking when there's a camel!) and got to pet the camel. Her name was Cassie by the way [Smile] She was there, because she was being taken to a nursing home for animal therapy, and the guy who was transporting her and randomly chosen our parking lot to give her a breather and clean out the trailer thingy! We got to pet her once she sat down cause she must have been 4 times bigger than me. She was one of the double-humped ones from Asia. Anywho, what are the chances! Couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day [Big Grin]
Posts: 84 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
A member of another forum I go to went to a conference and met Stephen R. Donaldson, and handed him a list of questions we came up with at the forum. And SRD personally emailed the webmaster to answer them! [Eek!] And...he said in the email that he's writing the Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Eating the second half of my sandwich.

And everything else. Today was just lovely. [Smile]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

It makes me happy that my good friend Nate (Natius Magnus) has joined Hatrack. Even though he's almost a thousand miles away in Seattle, I can still make fun of him. Like right now, when I point out that he spelled new wrong. [Razz] Of course, I'm sure now he'll cry about how I always pick on him, but at least he still trashes me at chess. Welcome aboard, Nate.

[ March 30, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Ophelia
Member # 653

Welcome, Nate! [Smile]

My cousin was born today. And I finished packing.

Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone appeared out of nowhere on my doorstep.

I always like that.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.