FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What made you happy today? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What made you happy today?
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for Kat!

I'll be sure and get you a basket with tassles for the handlebars next Christmas

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the bell.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually get to wake up in the mornings and see!!!! [Big Grin] (I had Lasik on Thursday)
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

<--Jealous

I would love to have lasik. One of these days, when I have the money . . .

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I have wanted to for several years, but I hadn't been able to scrape together the money. Luckilly, I was blessed with wonderful in-laws who were able to find a wonderful deal and were kind enough to pay for it for me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zoia
Member # 5417

- posted      Profile for Zoia   Email Zoia         Edit/Delete Post 
Today my day was made by:

1- Taking a walk around my neighborhood at 5 AM with a pair of fake glasses on.
2- Doing power yoga.
3- Writing out a plan for how to get the Web Design and Graphic Arts club off the ground at my highschool.
4- Perfecting the James Bond themesong on my electric guitar.
5- Completing a goal that I had set a very long time ago.
6- Finally buying a copy of Ender's Shadow.

By the way, congrats on the Lasik! [Big Grin]

[ July 26, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Zoia ]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I rode two miles on my bike, when previously the farthest I'd ever ridden was about 1/10th of a mile! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally started my printer rep job, and I might get to go to my friend's cabin next weekend!! YAY!

Yesterday I was made happy by the imminent publication of Please Save My Earth in graphic novel form!!

<--- Geek

YAYYY!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
1- A comforting e-mail from a friend.
2- The LAN party.
3- Amka's little girl singing songs and telling jokes just to me while I was crushed by another player.
4- Getting 6 hours of sleep. Funny how some people would die if they only got 6 hours, while I enjoyed it.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Something I can't talk about yet. <grins>
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::blinks::

::smirks::

Fine then, have your secrets. In the mean time, I'll sit back and let my imagination run wild.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw my friend's band play live... what a blast!

I've decided that if rock&roll is going to keep me out of heaven, I'm a lost cause. I just have this ... thing... for drums. And guitars. And guitar boys.

And now I smell all smoky and sick, but boy was that fun!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
spending time with a good friend who came back into town.

spending time with another good friend who might be departing *sniff*

seeing a project take another teensy espilon step toward completion.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
This didn't warrant it's own thread, so I'll put it in here. Also serves as a bump I suppose (too many morose threads on the front page, I think everyone needs some of Jon Boy's chicken soup thread.)

I made an A in Finance. Probably the hardest I've worked for any of my Business 'A's. But, that made me very happy, despite I feel a little like I didn't deserve it. But, I'm going to take it, and run. Real fast and real far.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I read beautiful poetry by Robert Frost that I hadn't read before...

#^_^#

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

- posted      Profile for TwosonPaula   Email TwosonPaula         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband works with dirt and cement (In 110 degree heat). It makes me so happy when he gives me a big kiss and leaves dust on my face. I really feel like he's taking good care of us.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Hey Twosun - have you seen the thread about the Hatrack get-together in Tucson next week?

Making a fruit smoothie with my new smoothie maker made me happy today!

[ August 08, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

By the way, congrats, Feyd!! I know you were working hard for it, too. [Wink]
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend making me Kyo icons. [Hat]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

- posted      Profile for TwosonPaula   Email TwosonPaula         Edit/Delete Post 
ludosti- NO I never saw that thread, today's my first day on the forum. Let me find it!!!
[Party]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I bumped it to the first page for you, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. [Wave]
meltingsnowman
Member # 4559

- posted      Profile for meltingsnowman           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is a bit late (not today), but the last few days have been pretty good. 2 days ago my girlfriend returned from California and that was wonderful, 2 weeks can seem forever. Yesterday I helped set up the bicycle race I was helping organize, and today we had the bicyle race. I was able to finish with the pack, but somewhere in the back....I was out late last night with my girlfriend, didnt get as much sleep as i should have [Big Grin] , nor did I eat enough . And all in all, I relized that now my life is absolutly wonderful. I know that wasnt true some months ago, and it may not be some months from now, but for the time being, everything is great. Thats was what made me happy.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I visited my grandmother in the hospital today. Although I was really sad to see her in such bad shape, it made me feel wonderful to hold her hand and see her smile, especially when she smiles so rarely nowadays.

I also got to spend time with my sister who lives in New Orleans, which was very nice.

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, meltingsnowman, that's so sweet... [Big Grin]

quote:
I actually get to wake up in the mornings and see!!!! (I had Lasik on Thursday)
[Grumble] SO unfair!!! *has 5.5 perscription*

Maybe Lasik is the solution to all my problems...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
I slept in for about 10-11 hours for the third day in a row, which is kinda cool (but it's making me question my body chemistry, since Ive been sleeping roughly half of my days away.)

And I visited Powell's bookstore in Portland, which ranks pretty high up there on the awesome-ness scale. (The place was huge, I was enthralled for about 5 hours.)

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Raia - My prescriptions were -6 and -7, so you have better eyes than I did. There is hope! [Smile] At my re-check this week, they said my eyesight is now 20/20.

[ August 10, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

All the money I got for graduation... ($740!!!)

Being able to spend money.. (This was birthday money, though...)

Buying the Escaflowne movie box set! (With extra features and Soundtrack!!)

filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a new shirt. It's excellent. Snaps up the front and on the sleeves (long cuffs). Kind of an odd gray/blue with a stitched pattern (subtle).

unfortunately it's long-sleeved, so I won't be able to wear it for a couple months.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Dad got a call today saying he's got a job.

Cable comes back soon. Yay.

graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing my mom smile. I absolutely love that.

Oh yeah, and I had this odd chat. I was online getting ready to this fantasy football draft (I know, Yawn!) in a chat room with other Washington Redskins and (other fans from the NFC East) and one guy from our league decided to chat me up for a bit while we were waiting. He's a Redskin fan that is Egyptian, born and raised. We ended up talking for hours about International soccer, politics and history, great stuff. Not combative or unpleasant, just a nice sharing of perspectives. Great stuff.

Finally, not getting stung by a wasp. I got stung two days ago and that absolutely sucked. I didn't know if it could send me into serious peril (I have a severe allergy for bee stings), and luckily it didn't, but it sure hurt like -------- hell. Bugger stung me twice no less. Anyway trust me, a day without a Wasp sting is a good day.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
My old boss sent me an E-mail today saying that they were publishing a paper on lipoxygenase. As it's largely based on my work she wanted to know if I'd mind being included as a co-author.
Yay! My first publication!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Smiling this week because: We got an investor and my employment now does not appear to be in immediate peril. They have long term interests that should keep us in good shape for the next five years if we don't mismanage our finances. Further, our pay is going back to normal (they cut everyone to the same salary this month, which for me meant a 40% cut).

Also smiling because my house is filled with the smell of Honey Baked Curried Chicken, dinner for tonight. I hope it tastes as good as it smells. I made enough so it will make fantastic chicken curry sandwiches tomorrow, one of my absolute favorites.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
The AC guys finally came and cleaned the mold in our vents!

And one of my roommates and I made goodybags for our friends who will be back in Houston this weekend.

And tomorrow I get to see Pirates of the Caribbean again!

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the ladies I work with has a son who's on the football team at his school.

The football team is doing a fundraiser.

So, she brought candy bars in to sell in the office!

Yay! Chocolate! I really needed it, too.

[The Wave]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I came into chat after a very long day at school (plus hours of homework) and was given the "red carpet treatment" by my fellow chatraqueros. It gave me a much-needed warm fuzzy. [Group Hug]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I found out how to use smilies from websites on AIM.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reread Jon Boy's and my (well DD's) posts on this thread and laughed at our very secretive flirting. Hehe!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote something. Well, something besides a post or a letter. I had a friend critique it, and she liked it. [Big Grin]

[ February 08, 2004, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Wow. I was feeling totally sappy when I started this thread. I wonder what could have caused that . . .
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw "Arrested Development". That was probably the peak of of my happiness today.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I completely dominated and converted the Muslim world as the Spanish in Medieval: Total War... That took a while, and it was pretty sweet. Also, I had some pretty good chocolate chip "cookie" brownies.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an email from my father.

My husband finished hanging the sheetrock in our basement, and came upstairs so we could snuggle on the couch while we watched TV.

My youngest child crawled into my lap and fell asleep earlier today. That's just such a sweet feeling.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
two words: Spumoni cheesecake

or maybe that should be three words? [Dont Know]

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I get to go dress shopping with raia next week.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just learned that I passed my shodan (black belt) test in aikido.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - what a weird time warp, because I'm in that same basement right now, and it's completely furnished and comfortable. Just a year ago we finished hanging sheetrock!

As for today, well I watched my daughter Emily in her first gymnastics class after being moved up. Her coaches promoted her from the Beginner class to intermediate and she was really nervous that she'd be way behind the other girls.

But she held her own. And I talked to the coach afterward and asked if she was going to adapt to the class okay and she said "Emily? Are you kidding? I have to hold her back - she'll be caught up with them in no time."

It's a wonderful thing when your kids just amaze you. Emily is such a darn trooper, and one heckuva athlete. She also, this week, re-took a test. Last week she took it and made a 40/100. The teacher sent the test home to me and asked me to go over the material with Emily. She re-took the test and made 100/100!

She just had problems understanding what they wanted her to do, once I explained it, she did great. She also got A honor roll last term, and student of the month for being so helpful to other kids. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
EVERYTHING MADE ME HAPPY TODAY. TODAY WAS AWESOME.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Realizing that my best friend and I met 10 years ago tomorrow and planning our anniversary celebration [Big Grin] . This year, the cheesiest possible gifts for under $10, next year, Vegas, baby!
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Finding out that Katie's fabric, which we chose for the way it looked, is actually colorfast and everything! [Embarrassed] Yay! [Big Grin] Machine washes for everyone! (Okay, just for her fabric and the dress it will become. But still.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a junk exchange table at Relief Society, and there was a brand new pair of boots that fit my boy. When he wears them with his tan overalls he looks like a little fireman. Also, there was a gift bag with the poster from Gone with the Wind on it.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.