FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What made you happy today? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What made you happy today?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL UNTIL AUGUST 27TH!!!

I FLY TO ISRAEL ON SUNDAY!!!

HE APOLOGIZED!!!

ANNIE'S COMING OVER TONIGHT!!! (not hatrack annie, my friend annie)

I'M GOING TO "DOWN WITH LOVE" TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

Life is good (finally!!!)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
One year ago today, I married the most wonderful man. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations on the anniversary! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats ludosti!!! [Smile]

...What made me happy today?

I'm in the mediation program at my school and today we got a referal. The girls came into the mediation sniping at each other incessantly and with A LOT of anger. Two hours later, they left smiling. [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet and her family are coming in town, and both our husbands said they didn't mind if we went out and saw a movie together. [Smile] It's like a "girl's night out". I can't wait.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndexCard
Member # 4585

- posted      Profile for IndexCard   Email IndexCard         Edit/Delete Post 
Claudia Therese got through to the psychologist that wouldn't call me back. Shortly after, said psychologist gave my mom a call-- at work-- to tell her that an appointment would be made shortly for me and a psychiatrist. That made me very, very, VERY happy.
Posts: 219 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I got discharged [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndexCard
Member # 4585

- posted      Profile for IndexCard   Email IndexCard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, well, Mack getting discharged made me happy happy hap-py too, but I thought that went without saying.

((((((((((((((((((MACK)))))))))))))))))))

Posts: 219 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. [Smile]
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
This is fairly trivial, but it made me very happy today that the weather report says it won't be quite so hot the next couple of days. It was 100 degrees yesterday, and 98 or 99 today. It's way too early for that nonsense. Especially since I am without air conditioner or swamp cooler - have to make do with a couple of fans and lots of trips to the library. (Of course, I don't mind so much when my P. G. & E. bill is only twenty-five or thirty dollars a month when everyone else's is in the $150 to $200 range because they run their a.c. day and night. [Razz] )
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I cleared off the floor of my room so I can dance. [Smile]

It's a beautiful day and I can see the Alps from my balcony. [Smile]

I'm going to a huge annual city-wide dance party thing tonight. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked at a church garage sale/ hung out with my friends from church today.

Tonight I'm going to a movie with my friends from school, including my friend who just got back from boarding school.

Trivial, I know, but it's been a good day. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up at 7:30 AM on a Saturday, went on a hike, it was perfect weather, we got rained and hailed on, I had the most delicious hummus I've ever tasted (but of course everything tastes better in the mountains), I called one of my friends on a cell phone from the top of this big hike with an awesome view, I am muddy and sore and exhausted. Life is good [Smile] and the best part, I'm gonna go take a bubble bath and then take a nap! yay!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheKitchenZink
Member # 5187

- posted      Profile for TheKitchenZink           Edit/Delete Post 
i thought about a pair of shoes that i got last summer that...mean a lot to me. and...not much else was good. i slept a lot.

perhaps i will force blacwolve to take me to that movie.

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayame001
Member # 5176

- posted      Profile for ayame001   Email ayame001         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually in a pretty crappy mood today and decided to go to the city in order to return some overdue books at the library. Upon reaching my destination, the library decided to be closed this memorial day weekend and thus I was left with nothing to do and an extremely large and heavy bag o' books. So I went shopping, found a perfect black tank and a lovely pair of linen pants and my day turned right up again. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
This wasn't today but it still made me happy; I went to prom on Saturday with a friend of mine and had a blast! They had a Hollywood theme and the decorations were awesome and so was the food and I love to dace so that part was wicked fun as well. Then on Sunday I went to see the Matrix: Reloaded which was good so yeah, I'm happy!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
I got out of work early so now I have time to post!
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I only had to work one job today-AND THEY FINALLY FOUND OUT WHO THE KILLER IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude Toretha they did???? FINALLY!! ..linkage please.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Dragon--- pictures?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Things that made me happy today:

• Scritching my cat.
  • Wearing clothes that I bought for $6 at Goodwill.
  • Eating leftover grilled chicken, corn, and baked potatoes. Mmm.
  • Sunshine!

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Nothing. Absolutely nothing made me happy today...

Except for the serial killer being found out....but that was more "relief" than "happiness."

*flops out on roof* I'm tired.

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

blacwolve, of course! Once I get them developed... [Razz]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing. Absolutely nothing did.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, besides that hug thread, nothing made me happy either.

*pats Emp's shoulder*

I think I need to find some roses to smell.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I watched some X-Files today, something which I hadn't done for a while. I came across a good line that I had forgotten about. [Smile]

"You're my one in five billion..."

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheKitchenZink
Member # 5187

- posted      Profile for TheKitchenZink           Edit/Delete Post 
finished drawing picture of Christ on the cross and it looks decent...

went for hike with friend....

ate ice cream...

mmm...ate yummy veggie burger.

and now...will go sleep. sleep is SO NICE.

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

I went to a dance class for the first tiem in my life and it was SOOOO much fun. I'm starting to think there actaully might be something to this exercise thign that everyone always goes on about. I feel the best I have in a long time.
Ophelia
Member # 653

I won a game of Assassins! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrote a good paper about Hamlet!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
We got home just hours ago after two weeks of family vacation. My roses, clematis, and rhodedendrons are blooming. Mom had dinner all planned so we didn't need to eat another dinner out -- and it was fantastic. And I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
The sun came out!!
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, something did make me happy, as of a few minutes ago. Talked on the phone to an ex of mine and had a real, friendly, significant conversation. I've missed talking to him, and it's good to know I haven't lost a good friend.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LR
Member # 5109

- posted      Profile for LR           Edit/Delete Post 
Getting to talk to toretha after a week of annoyances unpleasantness and other such disturbances in the life of a doorman
Posts: 113 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

It's not raining!

*knock on wood*

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragan: Ditto that. After 26 days (yes, we counted) of rain I'm all up for the days without rain to start.

Aside from that... Seeing people I've known for 11 years but hadn't seen in one. Everyone's changed so much... Having the house all to yourself is also rather nice. [Smile] Not to mention quiet. [Big Grin]

Best "happy day" event: Hearing Paul's (Black Fox's) laughter for the first time in over two months. It's funny how it's the little things like laughter that I miss the most. But anyways... [Smile] VERY good day.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

Pixie, is he back??????
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Foxy called you? That's fantastic!!!! [Big Grin] Wonder if he got my email...
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I suppose I should balance out my whine. Hmmm.

Someone else paid for dinner. That's almost always a good thing. [Big Grin]

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Making faces at the baby boy sitting (on his mom's lap) next to me at church and watching him smile and laugh. [Big Grin]

Enjoying homemade lemon meringue pie. [Smile]

Spending the whole day with my husband. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
ethics gradient
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Jane X!!!! I've been trying to find someone to talk to about the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant! I've been asking all my friends if they've read it and they all say no. Now I see you have! That makes me very happy.

I just finished The Illearth War last night. Started on the Power that Preserves. It's so sad! I don't know if I can bear it. I'm being overmastered by this destroyer who uses every good hope, every saving impulse, to trap people into despair! Save me!

When Thomas raped Lena in the first book, I almost put it down and didn't go on. It's so dark! He's so bitter and angry! How can he ever redeem himself from that? The only thing that kept me going was the promise of the giant who laughed, and the fact that Skyweir took his name from there.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I drove to Austin this weekend to go the wedding reception of an old friend of mine. She married a guy from Texas (which I thought was very clever), and so I could go. When I got there, we did the squeal and run thing, and she hugged for almost a whole minute. When we finally let go, she was crying, she was so happy to see me.

Bear hugs and tears of joy! Now THAT'S a welcome!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
ak -- do continue reading! It is dark, but still manages to be heroic at the same time. Very compelling. I enjoyed it when I read it a few years ago. Sadly, while waiting to find copies at the second hand store, I lost track of where I was. I'll have to pick it up again. I think there are three series.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend fell asleep with his noggin in my lap while we were watching videos on the couch this weekend. And then he left for a family gathering, wearing the ring I gave him for his birthday. Too cool.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I FINALLY got a job! [Big Grin]

I have been home since April 22, and attempting to find a job has been a nightmare. I have applied at over 20 places and not a single one called me back. Today the temp service I applied at called me, and I start on Wednesday!!

The job seems perfect for me. It's a basic secretarial office job. The hours are 9-3 Monday-Friday. And I get paid $9.00/hour. [Cool] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

- posted      Profile for Cassandra   Email Cassandra         Edit/Delete Post 
School is completely over in three days!!

I'm getting a kitty!!

Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
Go you, hansenj! It took me a month to find a job, and since then, I've had two offers and a request for an interview. Go figure. Your job sounds nice. [Smile]
Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I was fired from my crappy Chinese food job! (OK, that was Friday, and it didn't make me happy... But then...)

I got a new job, for better pay, and a friend works there!! YAYYAY!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles7782
Member # 5214

- posted      Profile for Charles7782   Email Charles7782         Edit/Delete Post 
you know what made me happy today knowing it like all other days before it will end. what made me sad is knowing another one comes right after it.
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.