FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What made you happy today? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What made you happy today?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Charles)))))
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchwomanonline
Member # 5084

- posted      Profile for frenchwomanonline   Email frenchwomanonline         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy ? yes :sunny wether and gardening. Now I've got pretty flowers in my little garden, grapes,and also thyme, mint, basil, chive and rosemary for good cooking recipes !!
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BebeChouette
Member # 4991

- posted      Profile for BebeChouette   Email BebeChouette         Edit/Delete Post 
frenchwoman, that sounds like a small piece of paradise.
Posts: 334 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wandering around near my favorite subway stop.

Getting one of my rolls of film developed, so I have pictures of Innsbruck and Liechtenstein.

Ice cream and pizza.

[ June 04, 2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Ophelia ]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Having philosophical conversations with my boyfriend over IM in between my classes.

And my boyfriend in general. He always makes my day. [Smile]

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping till noon always makes my day.
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Playing with my new kitten, Valentine. [Smile] She's just beautiful! And so much fun. I miss her! I want to go home and play some more!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Winning my first game of internet mafia.
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Fumes from the wood stain.

[Wink]

Getting a power sander! It's all cute and feminine, too. [Smile] It's so cool watching the hard edges on the tables melt away....

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished my finals!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! No more exams!!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
ApostleRadio
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

- posted      Profile for Cassandra   Email Cassandra         Edit/Delete Post 
Amira, I finished my finals too today. We couldn't go to the same school, could we? I thought my school was the only one who ended now!

[EDIT] If you live in the UK, Amira, then we definitely don't go to the same school. Oops!! [Embarrassed]

[ June 05, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
seeing celia post my name as what made her happy made me happy, wow, hows that for sentence structure.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

it isn't
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off for two blissful months before I have to go back to school and start setting up my classroom for the 2003/3004 schoolyear. [Big Grin]
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I did a search on google and the most unrelated result appeared... made me laugh hysterically..
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Speechless...
(Explanation: there was a lindy hop swing exchange in Albany two weekends ago, which I went to. There is another in Ottawa from June 28-July 1, which I decided I could not attend due to lack of fundage - the registration fee is US $75. Swing exchanges are weekends of bands, DJs, sometimes classes & competitions, and a lot of "imported" dancers. TONS of fun.)

I just got this email:
quote:
Hello coil,

Maybe you left an indelible impression at the Albany exchange.
Maybe the lindy gods have a crush on you.
Maybe you've died and gone to heaven.
But whatever it is, somebody out there must think you're pretty cool, because you've been registered for the CRex Lindy Hop Exchange! Yes, you heard right. You have been mysteriously and anonymously registered for the entire weekend and housing will be arranged. A cheque (payment in full for your registration) was received last week. So, come celebrate your birthday and graduation canadian lindy-style.

Please reply to this email if you have any questions about your registration.
See you soon!

The C-Rex Team

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome coil!

I finished 9th grade today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for summer vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been whining about being sick for the last day or two and my friend stopped by the lab to drop of some homemade, fresh-out-of-the-oven, vegan cookies [Smile]
I don't know if cookies help one get over a cold any faster, but they can't hurt can they?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have only one more killer final exam left, I have a possible job opportunity, and I went driving (needed to practice). Best part of the driving was where we went: 'The New Great Wall'. Hunan chicken and fried rice, mmmmmmmm... [Big Grin]

[Wink] So I'm a food addict. ::shrugs and grins:: But it's all soooooo good.... [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I got an e-mail from a friend from high school, and she will be here in Munich in about a month, right before I leave! I haven't seen her in a few years, so this is exciting. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

Oh my goodness.... I just signed up with a new bank, and I'm still reeling! It's a totally free checking account, no fees or paying for checks or anything ever.... and, for signing up for direct deposit, they put $100 in my account!! If I sign up for their (free) bill paying service, they'll put another $10 into my account! Whenever I use my check card, I earn a point for every dollar. At 25,000 points, I get a free round trip ticket anywhere in the US! Just for spending my money the way I do anyhow!

And, to top it off, they handed me a $20 gift certificate on the spot for the supermarket they're located in! That's a big deal for me, since I barely have enough money to eat right now. [Smile] And, when Mark signs up, I'll get a Pyrex serving dish!

Holy cow! How can they do this? I'm totally stunned.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief! What bank is that? I want some free money.
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chamrajngar
Member # 3242

- posted      Profile for Chamrajngar   Email Chamrajngar         Edit/Delete Post 
ditto! Where's that bank again?
Posts: 197 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

Charter One

We've got two branches in Ithaca, and it looks like there are about 100 of them in Western NY, especially in the bigger cities like Rochester and Buffalo.

The $100 deal goes until the end of June, after which it goes back to $25, and after June 22nd, the Pyrex dish becomes a water cooler. [Smile]

I love my new bank!

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
TCTC were probably the most emotionally charged books I have ever read - they made me laugh, cry, scream at certain characters, and even throw the book across the room at one point. When Covenant did the Really Bad Thing in the first book (you might want to take that out of your post, btw, because it could potentially spoil the book for people who haven't read it) I had to put the book down and walk around stewing for a while. But I picked it up again eventually. I couldn't just stop reading. I had to know what was going to happen.

aka, keep reading. Trust me. It doesn't get any easier or any less frustrating, but it is totally, totally worth it.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Dinner with Hobbes and his mom.

[Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink]

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
School is over! Yay! [Smile]

And I got back my English term paper today. The only comments written on it were things like "Great," "Excellent," and "Good point." And at the end my teacher wrote, "Great ending, Great writing, Great paper! A." [Big Grin]

Woo. [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a lovely bonding experience with two of my dearest girlfriends as we went and saw Montana Shakespeare in the Parks put on As You Like It. It was marvelous and reminded me that yes, there are cultured people left in this sometimes barbarous place and that good entertainment is even better when shared with good friends. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
My last Credit Union member of the day, after gathering her things, stopped and looked at me. She smiled and said, "You know, I really like coming here. You tellers are always so nice, and get me out of here as fast as I think is possible. Thank you.", and then she walked off. I was just awe-stricken, I'm sure my jaw had dropped so low that it was touching the counter of my window. Way cool-we only usually get gripes about fees. [Smile]
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday a friend loaned me A Game of Thrones, which made me happy. [Smile]

Tonight I finished reading it, which made me happy. [Smile]

Tomorrow sleep deprivation is going to catch up with me, which will make me cranky. [Frown]

And then I’ll return it and snag the sequel, and the whole process will begin again. [Big Grin] Books are such wonderful things.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Spending nearly all day outside romping around the woods with my dogs - that made me very happy [Big Grin]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fodi
Member # 5297

- posted      Profile for Fodi   Email Fodi         Edit/Delete Post 
I got called sexy by three different people! Of course I'm pretty sure they were just screwing around, but I was happy. . . for a little . . . damn.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Taking Fodi's sock.
Fodi
Member # 5297

- posted      Profile for Fodi   Email Fodi         Edit/Delete Post 
Another reason why there should be a What Made You Hate Celia60 Today? thread. [Wink]

[ June 20, 2003, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Fodi ]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
realizing I'd gone a full week without a cigarette.

*goes back to climbing the walls*

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4107

- posted      Profile for 2   Email 2         Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend called me from Pennsylvania this morning, making me [not care about being] late to work. And then she called me again tonight, from Delaware, and told me she was staying in a house that somebody had mostly moved out of, so there was nothing in it but a little furniture. I thought of being there with her, and that made me happy, too.
(Tomorrow she will call me from Philadelphia, and the next day from New York. {jealous})

I think a bath's about to make me happy, too.

Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Big Grin]

And living in a mansion on the river Seine, with views (from the roof) of the Eiffel Tower, The Place du Concord, The Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre (not to mention being less than 2 minutes walking distance away from the Musée D'Orsay, and Tuileries. Later in the week, we'll go to Versailles.

P.S. HARRY POTTER COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dinner with Hobbes and his mom.
I'm jealous! *misses Hobbes*
but I do get to sleep in tomorrow, hoorah for no work on friday! which is why I am online at 3 AM... hum de dum...

Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia~
Paris is so much fun. I have been to all the places you mentioned, plus a couple.

A bit of advice-treasure every moment. I kept a journal while I was there, and it's so much fun going back through it.

While you are there-you simply must visit Le Centre Pompidou! That place is SO awesome. Thier collection of Picasso is so wonderful! AND BETTER YET, THERE'S A (fake) TREE GOING THROUGH THE LOBBY!!! Straight up to the roof some 3 stories up! It's so cool looking!

The Louvre is wonderful-unfortunately, about 1/4 of it was closed down for remodeling (?) while I was in Paris.

Wear walking shoes to Versailles-lots and lots of concrete and rocks all through the gardens.

My hotel was just down the road from Sacre Couer de Montematre-it's quite a hike up all of those steps, but such a beautiful view of all the little shops once you get there!

Have fun! Your having fun will make me happy today! [Big Grin]

(Edit to add two things-1)Isn't the metro so stinky! I am convinced it is the reason why I've heard so many people say that Paris smells like pee! 2)Stay away from drunken Italians, they have a tendency to ask you to kiss them! [Eek!] )

[ June 20, 2003, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: BelladonnaOrchid ]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but I do get to sleep in tomorrow, hoorah for no work on friday! which is why I am online at 3 AM... hum de dum...
gah! I woke up at 4 PM! I'm not sure if that makes me happy or just really confused... [Embarrassed] [Wink]
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

There was a dollar bill jammed in the bill acceptor when I went to go feed the meter, and I managed to get it out! Free parking for me!

[Razz]

Also my projects all seem to be going well. [Smile]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone resurrected my thread. That makes me happy.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

Not just "someone", either! Me!

[Smile]

I just had a brief and intense craving for asparagus, a vegetable I despise. Is that something that should make me happy?

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't been sick in the mornings, have you?
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I realized that, though I may sometimes not be completely satisfied with the girl I am today, I am a million times better than the girl I used to be.

There's always room for improvement, and I can always be a nicer person, but at least I'm not the little brat I was.

I'm happy that the one person from my elementary school with whom I'm still in contact can remind me of this, and I'm happy that she forgives me even though my friends and I were really pretty awful to her back then.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to leave work early.

And now I get to go see "my" band tonight and make eyes at the guitarists.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
I remembered something today, and I think I really appreciate it more now than when it happened or even when I first realized it.

When my mom first got remarried, we lived with my step-dad's parents for a few months while we waited for our house to close. Right after we moved into our house, his father died. Today we were talking about that time, and it just made me so grateful that I have that connection to my family, because now I am making a more concerted effort to make his family also my family.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
flyby - that's wonderful.

---

Okay, me.

I WON A MOUNTAIN BIKE!!!!!

I entered a raffle at the Relay last night and I won the bike! Yay!

I'd rather have my own bike back, but I won one! I'm so excited!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] And it's a great bike! Yay!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently won a Papa Murphy's pizza and an Air Bud III video.
Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.