FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200 (Page 11)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... Mrs.M.... this is such beautiful news!!!! I am so happy for both of you. I am literally dancing in my seat right now.

Yay!!!!!

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

[The Wave]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I am still pretty wound up. I have been talking to my mother for hours. This is going to be the most overdressed, overmothered child (children) ever. My mother has already been to the French baby boutique.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should start a hatrack pool for how many multiples you'll have. My bet is more than 3 [Razz] , but that's an easy bet. I'd put my money on 4.

Yay for fertility drugs [Big Grin] .

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I know you're very stylish. Do you object to home-made baby clothes? I want to make special clothes for your baby (babies) to be photographed in; you know, the traditional white flowing dress or little white outfit lying on a pile of silk or something pictures. [Smile] But if you prefer other colors or something, let me know, and tell me as soon as you know the gender(s)!!!

I've been so anxious for you to get to have a baby, I need to celebrate, and making things is how I do that. [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Day, Mama M! I'm so glad for you.
Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
*grins* Good job Mrs. M! [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Momma M
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
WAHOOOO! [Kiss] That is absolutely fabulous news! I hope I can join this next batch of new hatrack mommies. Please continue to keep us in the loop of the whole journey [Smile] I love baby stories and yours is so special!

Wendy

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

- posted      Profile for Aunty Eem   Email Aunty Eem         Edit/Delete Post 
I really needed some happy news--I don't know you Mrs.M but god bless and congrats
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to Mrs. M and Andrew!!!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, Mrs. M! Congratulations to you and the hubby!

[The Wave]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

I also wondered what the "Is Over" entailed. Glad to hear it is good news.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Woooooohooooo! Congratulations. I hope the pregnancy goes well snd there's not too much morning sickness.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It's late here, and I almost yelled..but I didn't. I did however jump up and down in my chair.

And now I have tears of happiness running down my face.

Congrats! I know you will be a great mother, and now you AND your children are in my thoughts and prayers. [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ April 09, 2005, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!
I'm so happy for you both! Mazel Tov!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy for you, Mrs. M. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.

The friends that proved untrue.
Those that have stuck by you.

The troubles that passed away.
The blessings that come each day.

-Irish Blessing

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Hip, hip, hooray! Your news is the best news! I didn't get on the computer the past few days, so I didn't get into Hatrack.

Can't wait for the ultrasound pix to be posted!

Lisa

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

- posted      Profile for School4ever   Email School4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M-

I am really NOT trying to be a downer. I really do hope you are pregnant, but how do they know you are actually pregnant? Did you have an HCG shot to ovulate? The HCG stays in your blood stream for 10 days. Since that is the hormone they test for pregnancy, if you still have it in your blood stream, the tests will still show you as pregnant when you are not. Trust me I know, this happened to me. A doctor told me I was pregnant because of the HCG still in my blood stream after I went in because of my OHSS.

If you did not have the shot, or if it has been more than 10 days since the shot, ignore all of my above comments, and

CONGRATULATIONS!!! [The Wave]

Posts: 188 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Mrs. M would post unless she was certain.

(((Kira Sr.)))

I am beyond happy for you. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

- posted      Profile for School4ever   Email School4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
When a doctor tells you you are pregnant, you are sure, until you find out he or she was wrong.

Before I made this post I counted back from due date to conception date using two different methods, and calculated when the trigger shot would have been given (always 36 hours prior to ovulation). I would not even have done this if she had not posted on the same day that she would not find out for a week.

I did not post in haste. I am praying that even if this test was too soon, she is pregnant because I do not want her heart to be broken. I also hope she gets to have more than one, though I would not hope for four or more because of the risks to mother and baby. I also hope and pray sincerely that if she is pregnant, that she does not have OHSS, or that if she does have it, it will be mild. She has not explained to you that OHSS can kill. She has not told you that when you are not pregnant it gets better once you have your period, but if you are pregnant it generally worsens during the first trimester.

Maybe I am negative because most of the bad and none of the good has happened during my fertility journey. At this point I would not tell people if I was pregnant until the baby was developed enough to live outside the womb (being fat, I could hide the pregnancy).

Posts: 188 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I hope she is right about her pregnancy, but I don't think you are boing rude or insensitive about this issue. Mistakes can be made, either way. I know someone (or I use to) who had no idea she was pregnant until 6 months...she kept having her period, and only gained a little weight, and she had been sick and lost a lot (like 20 lbs) of weight, so she just tought she was regaining it back at first.

I am sure they have thought of that, but it is good you mentioned it, considering it happened to you.

However, I probably would have made mention of it through e-mail, myself. [Razz]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

School4ever, I know that you're just concerned and I'm not at all offended. I haven't been very clear on how I found out and I didn't elaborate about OHSS.

I went to my doctor on Thursday, 14 days after I got the hCg shot (March 24th). He officially diagnosed me with OHSS (he had told me on the phone the day before that he thought that was what I had) and ordered a number of blood tests, including a pregnancy test. There is a risk of blood clots with OHSS, so he needed to see if I needed to go on blood thinners - I don't. The pregnancy test came back positive and he called me himself to tell me the news.

I actually took an EPT test today, just because I've had so many negative ones that I wanted to see a positive one. It was positive.

We have told a lot of people, but not everyone we know - we've told our parents, my grandmother, our rabbi, 2 women in the shul (1 who has twins from IVF and another whose daughter went through fertility treatments), my best friend, and everyone here. Compared to last time, we're being very restrained. I know it's usually better to wait, but I feel so confident that everything is going to be okay.

Andrew couldn't resist being a jerk when he told his father. He spoke to him for 5 minutes about other stuff and waited until he asked how I am. Then he said, "Pregnant."

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Andrew couldn't resist being a jerk when he told his father. He spoke to him for 5 minutes about other stuff and waited until he asked how I am. Then he said, "Pregnant."
That tickles me.

Another reason to hate daylight savings time: now some of my favorite posters can't post until much later on Saturday.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

quote:
That tickles me.
That figures - it's such a guy thing. Hey, you're both lawyers (well, you're still in law school and Andrew doesn't practice, but still).

BTW, my due date is actually December 16th. I don't know what happened, I guess I was just so overwhelmed that I entered the info wrong. It's definitely the 16th, though.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to know what you're going to get! *begins to plan elaborate little girl dresses and adorable little boy outfits*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[The Wave]
School4ever
Member # 5575

Mrs. M

Thanks for responding, you don't know how relieved I am. I am still worried about the OHSS, but I am glad it is not a false positive.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Congrats!!!!!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thank you everyone!

I had blood test yesterday and as Dr. Slackman put it, I am progressing beautifully. My hCg level was 119 on Thursday and it was 429 yesterday, which is right where it should be. I am having an ultrasound on the 22nd. I can't wait.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Party] I am so excited!
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Mrs M! I'm thrilled for you!
[Party]

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Couldn't be happening to anyone who deserves it more. I am so happy for you! [Party]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Party]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M - my due date with Natalie was the 16th of December! And she was born Christmas day!

Oh, I know you don't celebrate Dec. 25th, but it still would be neat if you delivered the same day I delivered Natalie, if we had the same due date!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well she sure would start celebrating the 25th if that did happen, Belle.

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M.

(belated) Congatulations. I'm so happy things are working out. Keep us updated!

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M,

I have been thinking about you this past month. I'm ecstatic and hope everything goes well.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all. That would be pretty cool, Belle.

I had a blood test today - my hCg is at 2200, which is great. I'm so happy it's going up the way that it should.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yay! We pray for you and your baby/ies every night. [Kiss]

[ April 15, 2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
This really is so freaking cool. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[The Wave]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Big Grin]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Of COURSE it's going up the way that it should! You're really pregnant and you're going to have a lovely roly poly baby! Wooohooo!! [Big Grin] I can't wait!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

those are great numbers!!! [The Wave]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.