FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200 (Page 6)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margarita
Member # 6856

- posted      Profile for margarita   Email margarita         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Mrs. M!
Posts: 54 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe it's come to this. Yesterday, Andrew and I watched Elf and I cried at the end. Andrew couldn't believe it. Stupid hormones are making me crazy and all of these holiday commercials are making me cry. I am not a crier normally.

I don't feel pregnant and the thought of going through this again is really unpleasant. The though of going through it two or three more times is really, really unpleasant. I'm so tired.

The holiday season is both helping me and getting me down. On one hand, I have finals and faculty parties and JSA and Hebrew school parties and presents to buy and wrap. My holiday card list is topping 50 this year. So I'm keeping busy. On the other hand, where's my Hanukkah miracle? We had a Bat Mitzvah at my shul on Saturday and it was great, but I asked for grape juice instead of wine and a dozen people asked me if I was pregnant. Then I asked for decaf and another dozen people asked me if I was pregnant. I just told them no - I didn't feel like explaining. Plus, a ton of people called me Jessica (the only other girl at shul my age, who looks a lot like me), which annoyed me way more than it should have.

But enough of the pity party. I just bought some pretty new clothes, which did cheer me up some. If only they had decent shoe stores in Roanoke.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Mrs. M*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mrs. M, I'll cheer you up with some smilies

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

(((Mrs. M)))

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, AJ and ginette.

I just bought some Kiss My Face stuff online, which will make me feel better when it arrives. Specifically, my chapped hands.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

Now what kind of stuff is THAT, Kiss My Face ???
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs M.)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, Anna.

ginette, it's an all-natural skin care line. I love it - their Honey and Calendula Moisturizer saves my hands every winter.

http://www.kissmyface.com/home.htm

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
((((hugs)))) I like Kiss My Face peaches and cream hand soap. Yummy.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
(Mrs M.)

Hormones suck. I remember one time my husband and I were watching a comedian and I was laughing so hard. And I don't laugh or cry. I laughed and laughed, and my husband laughed and then started looking at me, then I burst into tears and cried for 10 minutes. Not the pleasant tears streaming down the face, but the full on can't breathe sobbing, snot running down your nose awful crying.

I don't remember who the comedian was, but he was talking about drive-thru windows at McDonald's or Burger King and having worked at both places, what he said was so true and funny that I just laughed. But that laugh/cry thing is a lot like the love/hate thing. Very close. Apparently, I was a little tense and needed some tension relief. My husband still makes fun of me for that.

(On a positive note, I was pregnant at the time, so, fingers crossed that it's the same for you.)

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

Thanks for the link Mrs. M, KissMyFace sounds wonderful, and their products are not expensive.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks ketchupqueen and Kayla.

Kayla, I think I remember that comedy thing. Was it the guy who worked at the BK drive-thru and everyone screamed at him? He was hilarious. I'm glad I'm not the only hormonal crier.

ginette, I also swear by Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ( www.burtsbees.com ) and CCS Foot Care Cream ( http://www.nordiccare.com/ )

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, goodness, Mrs. M, I'm not prone to crying generally, but with hormones, anything can happen. I remember driving to work one day when I was pregnant with my son. It was a 10 minute drive, and I started off the drive happier than anyone else in the entire world. Nothing could possibly go wrong and I was sure I could sing birds out of trees, I was so happy. About nothing in particular. By the time I got to work I was sobbing. Sobbing. The world sucked and it was all gray, and no colors could dare exist. Nothing except a couple of minutes seperated the two extremes.

It was a bizarre experience.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mrs M))))

When I win lotto, we'll go shopping here. Hormonal crying or not. [Smile]

I hope things get better for you. *thinking of you*

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MrsM))) Continued best wishes for a happy ending to this odyssey.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Hang in there Mrs.M, it isn't easy but it will be worth it. I am sure it will be, and I hope sooner than later.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

Hm. Imogen! I picked one of these boots and they were 585 dollars. 585! Is that what you pay in the US for a pair of boots or is this just an expensive shop?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's expensive. Only crazy people with lots of money shop there. [Wink] But it's worth it, because -- and I'm surprised they don't mention this anywhere on the site -- each boot comes with two people to follow you around and compliment you on your sense of style for as long as you own the footwear.

[ December 07, 2004, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, jeniwren, Derrell, and Kwea.

imogen, I'm there! Jimmy Choo is so much better than Manolo.

ginette, that's actually pretty reasonable for Jimmy Choo boots. He's an upscale designer and all of the shoes and boots are handcrafted.

Tom, okay already. [Razz]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that was funny. [Razz]

*hugs Mrs. M* Here's hoping for you, dear. [Smile]

[ December 07, 2004, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, Kat.
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
((((hugs Mrs M)))))

The Honey and Calendula moistouriser is the only thing that clears up Livvie's mysterious rashes...seriously, it is better than prescription stuff.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Only crazy people with lots of money shop there
I did say when I win Lotto. Now I'm thinking of a *big* win, which would result in a little temporary craziness at least.

Certainly enough to cover some Jimmy Choos.

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

quote:
Kiss me mother, kiss your darlin
Lay my head upon your breast
Throw your loving arms around me
I am weary let me rest

Thanks dread pirate romany and imogen.

Tomorrow begins round 3. I have my pelvic ultrasound and, if there are mature eggs, painful hormone shot. I'll be inseminated the next day.

I'm weary. I'm not optimistic or pessimistic about the outcome, I'm just sick of this. The crying is exhausting me.

This is the last time we are doing this - we move up to daily injections if it doesn't work.

Andrew wants to go with me to the insemination this time, which is fine with me. He thinks that it's good luck to have it done on such an auspicious day - New Year's Eve. We'll see.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I had no idea how much it can take to become pregnant, nor how badly a person can want it. It just sounds taxing in every way possible.

I hope things go very well for you Mrs M. It sounds like you've been through a lot.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll say a prayers Mrs M...it does sound exhausting.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Mrs.M))))) Third time's the charm. You're in my prayers.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Auspicious days are good. Ryan was conceived on Christmas Eve.

I'll keep praying for you.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*hugs*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((MrsM)))))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))

You are in my thoughts today.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all. Sorry about the pity party. Andrew's been gone all week, which didn't help. He's coming home tonight, though.

I'm actually feeling a bit better - I just exfoliated with a new sugar scrub and it was great.

Plus, the Steelers are having such an amazing season that I can't get too down. Except I'm worried sick about Ben Roethlisberger and Jerome Bettis - I don't care about Sunday's game, but I want them 100% for the playoffs.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I didn't know you were as Steelers fan!

AJ

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

All my life. Born into a Steelers family. My parents lived there for a while before I was born and I spent some time there with friends of the family when I was younger. It's a great town.
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm actually feeling a bit better - I just exfoliated with a new sugar scrub and it was great.

Plus, the Steelers are having such an amazing season that I can't get too down. Except I'm worried sick about Ben Roethlisberger and Jerome Bettis - I don't care about Sunday's game, but I want them 100% for the playoffs.

*glares at God*

Come on, man... this woman DESERVES a child!

*stops glaring, what with the smiting and all*

[Wink]

Good luck, Mrs. M... the Bogs will be rooting for you!

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hang in there, Mrs. M. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

My thoughts and paryers are with you tonight, and I will make sure they are on NYE as well.

You just got the second slot after midnight....the first isstill reserved for Jenni and Me.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Mrs.M. I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and hopefully this will be the one.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

The follicles are at 12mm and they need to be at 16. I'm having another pelvic ultrasound on Sunday and if everything is okay, insemination on Monday. Maybe 2005 will be luckier than 2004.

Thank you, y'all, for your support - it's a huge part of how I'm getting through this.

Go Steelers.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I had a dream about you last night. Well, about your screen name anyway. I don't remember the particulars, but I woke up in a good mood.

Guess I've been thinking about you even more than I thought. Best wishes.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Happy New Year Mrs. M. Jenni and I were thing about you tonight, and you were in my prayers.

I am pretty sure God should notice, as I don't do it very often.... [Big Grin]

Then again, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned you at all... [Blushing]

Kwea

[ January 01, 2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] at Kwea.

I'm keeping you and Andrew in my prayers too, and I'll be thinking of you this weekend especially.

I love that you mentioned exfoliating with a sugar scrub and wanting the Steelers to be 100% for the playoffs in almost the same breath. [Big Grin] It made me happy.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M,
Even though the Pats are destined to win again, and you chose a loser-filled team, I sincerely hope you are right about 2005. Best of luck!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Oddly enough, God answered me last night.

He said that you should be happy, one out of two isn't too bad.

So you really should be rooting for the Pats with us.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

[ February 01, 2005, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I Am Weary (let Me Rest)
The Cox Family

Kiss me mother kiss your darlin'
I am weary let me rest

Seems the light is swiftly fading
Brighter scenes they do now show
I am standing by the river
Angels wait to take me home

See the pain upon my brow
While I'll soon be with the angels
Fate has doomed my future now

Through the years you've always loved me
And my life you've tried to save
But now I shall slumber sweetly
In a deep and lonely grave

I am weary let me rest
I am weary let me rest

I love that song. [Smile]

Good luck, Mrs. M. [Smile]

[ January 01, 2005, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))
Winter is an especially stressful time, I think that's why we have the holidays when we do. I conveniently can't remember what the silliest thing was that I ever cried over. But when a boyfriend told me that his mom cried during the Ewok battle the first time they saw ROTJ, I thought I could definitely relate.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
*holding you close in my thoughts
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

I'm glad you had a good dream about me, Boon. I'd hate to give anyone nightmares.

Thanks for the special New Year's prayers, Kwea. BTW, I will NEVER root for the Patriots.

Elizabeth [Taunt] 34:20 Steelers on Halloween. Don't get your Super Bowl hopes up.

Narnia, I am a Southern woman after all.

Stormy, I LOVE the O Brother soundtrack. It's nice to know that others appreciate its greatness.

Trisha, I am sure that I would cry at the ewok battle, too. Especially when that one gets killed. I'm getting a little choked up thinking about it.

Sara, that warms my heart.

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

So I had another pelvic ultrasound today. I feel like I could do it myself, I've had so many. I was staring at the instruments while I was waiting for Dr. Slackman, contemplating the logistics.

I had one two days ago and the largest follicle was 12x12. It needs to be at least 16mm in diameter. The growth rate is 2mm per day, so we should have been ready to go today. Unfortunately, all of the follicles were still at 12mm. Dr. Slackman didn't even need to tell me, I saw on the screen that nothing was going on.

It's impossible to tell why I didn't respond to the clomid this cycle. We know from previous cycles that I do respond to it. Dr. Slackman told me not to stress - it happens. However, he agrees that it's time to take it to the next level. So, next cycle we will be doing injections. Into my stomach. Every day.

I'm disappointed, but not crushed. I'm glad that we're stepping it up. I'm going to a mini class on how to do the injections. You can be assured that I will be paying very close attention.

Steelers 10, Bills 3 in the first.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.