FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Just want to wish you well on the procedure. I hope it brings you closer to having your baby! [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs M. Good luck tommorow with your appointment and thursday with the surgeries.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll be thinking of you Mrs. M!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MrsM))) Best of luck.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, Mrs. M. [Smile]

Did I miss the date? I was going to make sure I noticed the date, but I didn't see it. Was that on purpose? If so, please excuse my rudeness in asking. If I'm just blind, where did I miss seeing it?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck Mrs.M, I hope all go as well as possible for you.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
beverly, breyerchic04, Belle, Derrell, Kat, and Kewa, thank y'all so much for remembering me. I am really touched.

Kat, pre-op is today and surgery is tomorrow. I think the dates are somewhere on page 2 of this thread.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Wow. Thank you.

*hug* Will definitely be thinking of you. You're wonderful, Mrs. M, and you deserve the best of everything.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((Mrs. M))))))))))

I'll be thinking of you. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Day 22: Day Before Surgery/Pre-Op Day
September 8, 2004

It's raining buckets here and I've decided that is a good omen. It rained on my wedding day and that turned out pretty good. [Smile] We've added 10 minutes to our travel time because the roads are flooded - there's not such good drainage in a valley. I wore my new backpack today and it is totally water-resistant. L.L. Bean makes the best backpacks.

I'm feeling pretty calm. I went to French this morning and that always puts me in a good mood. We are learning to speak with a Parisian accent and it is coming much more easily to me than Spanish did. Maybe it's because I took Spanish before. One of my goals for the next 2 years is to become completely fluent in French. I do have a huge problem, though - whenever my professor says, "Bonjour," I get this wild urge to answer, "Bonjour, you cheese-eating surrender monkey." Maybe there is such a thing as too much Simpsons.

I saw my rabbi yesterday and that also made me feel better. It's so comforting to have someone to help guide you in spiritual and family matters. We were so lucky to find such a wonderful rabbi and congregation here. Andrew even gets disappointed if we can't go to shul, which is pleasantly surprising to me.

The past week-and-a-half has been pretty nerve-wracking. My mother is with my grandmother in North Miami, right on Biscayne Bay and my grandmother refused to evacuate. They didn't even lose power, but I was very worried for a couple of days. I have loved ones all over Florida and Georgia and I worried about all of them. Thankfully, they're all okay.

I was also very anxious about my own health. I somehow got a cold and was really miserable for 4 days. My period also ran long and it just finished completely today. For a while it looked like the surgery would have to be postponed. That would be extremely inconvenient because the High Holidays are coming up and that is the busiest time of year for Jewish families. But everything worked out perfectly.

I'm going to relax for the next hour or so. Then it's off to the doctor. Au revoir, mes amies.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Merci, Kat and Hobbes. [Smile]
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck tomorrow!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) I hope all goes well.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all goes well for you. Will keep you in my prayers.
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~~Mrs. M ~~~~~
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Mrs M!

***Australian prayers and hugs coming your way [Smile] ***

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Oh no. [Frown] Sorry about that cold.

Glad to see you are trying to relax, that's the best thing you can do.

Will be thinking of you - let us know about the outcome of the surgery when you feel up to it.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Shigosei, Derrell, AmkaProblemka, pooka, imogen, dkw, and Belle, thank you for your good wishes. Y'all helped to make this much easier for me than it would have been and I will always remember and appreciate it.

Pre-op went well. I did take the percocet and I'm glad that I did. I felt a sharp pinch when Dr. Slackman inserted that dilator, but that was it. It did (and still does, btw) feel very uncomfortable. Dr. Slackman and Nurse Glenna continue to be unnerved by what I guess they feel is my unnatural calm. I'm just not a screamer or a moaner. I find that it's easier for me if I concentrate on not making any noise and keeping still.

The tech who did my paperwork and bloodwork at the hospital told me that Dr. Slackman has a great reputation. She personally knows a woman with PCOS who has 2 children b/c of Dr. Slackman. It's always nice to hear other medical professionals praising your doctor.

There was one part that was very unpleasant and gross. Nurse Glenna asked me if I wanted to see the dilator that Dr. Slackman was going to insert into my cervix. At first I said no, then I changed my mind and looked. Always trust your first instincts. The dilator, which had been described by Dr. Slackman as seaweed, very closely resembled a rusty nail. I really wish I hadn't looked, especially since I got the giggles after Nurse Glenna showed it to me.

So we're headed to the hospital in about half an hour. I still feel very calm and I'm sure that everything will be fine.

Thanks, everyone, for all of your support.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*Crosses fingers for Mrs. M and keeps good thoughts heading her way*

(((Mrs. M)))

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*good thoughts for Mrs. M*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Do you want to see it? What was she thinking?

I guess without really thinking about it, I would have expected it to be green. Okay, well that's a line of thought that probably doesn't warrant further analysis. (((Mrs. M)))

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I can remember being asked if I wanted to see things after the birth of my children....and being fascinated. Neat to see where your children lived for nine months, I guess.

Then again - I'm not so sure I'd have wanted to see the dilator, but I'm pretty certain I would have. Morbid curiosity and all that.

Mrs. M - I'll be anxiously looking to see your post on teh outcome of the surgery. Best wishes!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs.M, I hope today went well. [Smile]

May the coming year bring you what you have been praying for. May you be written in the book of life, and in the book of new life.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Quick update b/c I'm exhausted. Surgery went great. I didn't need a laparoscopy. Yay. Polyps gone. Follow-up appointment Tuesday.

More later when I'm off painkillers. Thanks for all the loving support. Y'all rock.

[Sleep]

Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) I'm glad it well. Best wishes for a succesful outcome.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That is great, Mrs. M!

Have a very, very good Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur! [Hat]

Let us know how you are doing after you get some rest!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

That is great.
:goes to check on Derrell's mom thread:

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I love drug-affected posts. I'm glad your surgery went well. Heal up quick.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, yay!!! This is great. [Smile] [Smile] Glad you came through okay. [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent. Rest up and feel better!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! Very glad it went well. Now to continue the good vibes.

good vibe )))

good vibe ))) Mrs. M

good vibe )))

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
What a relief. I'm happy it all went well. We'll pray that things continue to be smooth for you [Smile]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Glad to hear it went so well!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yay for surgery being done! Yay for no laparoscopy! Yay for polyps being gone!

Yay for good drugs! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Congrats! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy for you! [Smile]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
What excellent news, Mrs. M.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

It's been a while since I updated this thread, but a lot has been going on. I still haven't finished writing my surgery account. I'll post it when it's finished.

The good news is that I had a pelvic ultrasound yesterday and there are 2 mature follicles in my right ovary. They're not big enough yet, but they should be ready by tomorrow or Tuesday. They have to get to 16mm in diameter - 1 is 14 and the other is 12X10. I'm having another pelvic ultrasound tomorrow and if they're big enough, Dr. Slackman will inject the hormone that will release the eggs. The day after that, I'll be inseminated.

Andrew refers to the eggs as Egg 1 and Egg B and I now refer to myself as The Eggs and I (as in The Eggs and I are too tired to fix supper tonight.). We're nervous and excited - especially me.

Also, on the way to the doctor's office Andrew and I had the following conversation:

Andrew: So you're having an ultrasound today?
Kira: Yes.
Andrew: Can I watch?
Kira: I'm having a pelvic ultrasound.
Andrew: So I can't watch?
Kira: Do you know what a pelvic ultrasound is?
Andrew: It's when they put the camera on your stomach.
Kira: Not even close. It goes inside.
Andrew: Ewwww.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! About the eggs, not the dialog. [Angst]

I hope everything continues to go as well as it has.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so exciting!!!! Sending little prayers your way, hoping by this time next month you're announcing twins!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Myself and Tony are very excited for you, Andrew and the eggs.

[Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

May y'all and the Eggs have a VERY good week. [Big Grin]
Belle
Member # 2314

Oh, that is so wonderful!

[The Wave]

Here's praying for some good results tomorrow!

[The Wave]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Eggses, precious...

Congrats to the two (four?) of you! I hope everything goes well.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't said much, if anything, but have been reading with interest and good wishes. May you and yours be blessed with good fortune.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei, was that a little LOTR's accent I heard there? It sounded distinctly, oh, like Gollum.

Mrs. M, good luck with your eggs and all, and thanks for sharing. I hope it all works out well for you and hubby and eggs.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for eggs!! Mrs. M., I'll be thinking of you and wishing those little eggs well.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
GL!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.