FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishin' you and the Eggs the best....
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for you, Andrew, and the eggs. [Smile]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the prayers and wishes, y'all.

I had another pelvic ultrasound today and we're on. There is one egg that is 15.5 and one that's 16.5. Dr. Slackman said that they 16.5 one looks perfect.

I got the shot and specimen bag (for Andrew's part) and went home. My hips, back, head, and breasts are all very achy, but that's to be expected. I had a tiny nervous spell right after the shot, but I'm over it now.

I'm being inseminated tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m.!

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so hoping that there will be good results for you from this, Mrs. M!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you the best!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Hang in there little fellows!

(I'm using that term in the non-gender specific sense)

Why is there no "fingers crossed" graemlin?

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) Best wishes for a successfull insemination.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((MrsM and Hubby)))))

Bernard and I both wish you the best!

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
*breaks out pom-poms*

Give us an M!

Gooooo TEAM!

*hugs*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck Mrs M - I'll be thinking of you!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{{{{{{{{{{Mrs. M and Andrew and the egglets!}}}}}}}}}}
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to you, Andrew, and your respective gametes!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, everyone! Less than 2 hours to go!
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
GO GAMETES!!

[The Wave]

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
How very eggciting! [Razz]

I hope everything goes really well! [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll buck the trend and cheer for the sperm. May the best man win!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished reading all the posts. I wish I had read through this thread earlier only so I could have shown my support from the beginning. I hope everything went well for you and your husband and the Eggs. Hopefully, they will be more than Eggs soon. Good Luck.

{{{{Mrs.M, hubby, and Eggsies}}}}

[The Wave]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful, Mrs. M. All sort of good thought and fond hopes winging your way.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

I woke up extremely nauseous today. I don't think it could be morning sickness already, but I've never reacted to the hormone shot like this before. Andrew thinks it's a good omen. We'll see.
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::offers glass of water::

Aye, I hope it's a good omen too!

::crosses fingers::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ginger snaps are great at helping with nausea.

There's a wrist thingie that uses electric stimulus to help w/ motion sickness. I've used it and it works, but I don't know if it's safe during pregnancy.

*fingers crossed*

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GradStudent
Member # 5088

- posted      Profile for GradStudent   Email GradStudent         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!

How soon will you know?

Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found my morning sickness to be a low blood sugar condition that was resolved by eating small meals frequently that are balanced in carb and protein content. Which is ironic because the last thing I would want is protein. But it really does help. Carbs alone may give an instant boost but cause more sickness a little while later.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful with the early detection pregnancy tests. We got a false negative on one and it broke our hearts since we had decided that was going to be our last attempt. Several days later, Kristine had a feeling she should try again and our journey with Ryan began.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I second what zgator said - in our first pregnancy test with Emily we had a negative and I was devastated, it was Christmas morning. According to the directions, we should have been able to test and I had this dream that I would find out on Christmas that the fertility treatments had worked, and I could surprise everyone when we got together on Christmas, instead I spent Christmas crying.

Only to spend a very, very happy New Year's Eve! [Big Grin] So...I would try very hard to refrain from early testing if you can.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheese crackers or peanut butter toast helps curb sickness-hoping this is the real thing!!!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Woot! (It feels odd to be wishing someone continued nausea... [Smile] )

I hope it keeps going well.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all. I drank an entire bottle of diet caffine-free ginger ale today. It doesn't taste so good.

I'm actually more afraid of a false positive. I don't think I'll be able to trust any home pregnancy test results - I'm not going to believe it until we get the blood test back.

Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a false positive and it was devastating. I will continue to pray for you and Andrew. I knew a lady who got morning sickness just a few hours after she conceived. Here's hoping [Smile]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Inigo]I hate waiting.[/Inigo]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everything kkeps going the way is has so far...it sounds like everything is right on track.

I would say break a leg, but they don't have legs, they have tails, and if that is broken... [Wink]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh, Mrs. M - I'm keeping my fingers crossed . . . [Angst] [Smile] and hugs!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

It's so heartening to come back to this thread and have more people to thank. Y'all have my continued gratitude for your support.

I can't sleep for a change. Only one week until we find out if the insemination worked. It's going to be a very long week. At least our anniversary is this Friday.

Here's the first part of the surgery account. Sorry its taken so long.

Day 23: Surgery (Part 1)
September 9, 2004

I slept well last night, thanks to the Percocet. I got up and went through my normal morning routine – showered, blew my hair dry, made the bed. They told me to wear loose clothes, so I wore khakis and a pink workshirt that is very soft. I was not supposed to wear any makeup, but I have to confess that I cheated a little and used some concealer and the tiniest bit of powder. Since all of my makeup is light coverage, I didn’t think it would cause a problem. Just in case, I packed some makeup remover. I had to take the polish off of my nails, which I had just had done. I saved this for the very last moment because I have tips and wearing tips without polish is like driving a car that just has primer.

Andrew and I left early. Neither of us felt much like waiting around. There was very little traffic and we go to the hospital quickly. Andrew parked in the wrong lot, which annoyed me. It was mostly nerves, I think. We got in and I gave my name and sat down to wait. There were no good magazines in the waiting room, but there was a television. Andrew and I had both brought books. I only waited for a few minutes when they called me to come back. Andrew would wait until they called him. A very nice female nurses’ assistant took me back into a room, where there was a lovely and flattering hospital gown waiting for me. I put it on and got into the bed. They only gave me one hanger for my clothes, which was annoying. I didn’t wear socks, so they had to give me those bootie things. Now I know to wear socks whenever I have surgery. When I was settled in the bed, they brought Andrew in. We discovered that the chair next to the bed was a recliner, which made Andrew very happy. I also had a great view of Mill Mountain and the Star. ( http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kira_marx/detail?.dir=b859&.dnm=c1cf.jpg&.src=ph )

Two nurses came in to put in my I.V. They gave me a shot of novicaine before putting it in. I am a very easy stick, because I have very translucent, pale (think Albino) skin. The nurse was excellent and I hardly felt a thing. I had very little bruising afterwards and I usually have huge bruises. The other nurse had gotten me a heated blanket and she tucked it around me, taking care not to jostle my I.V. I hadn’t even realized how cold I was. The level of care I was receiving did a lot to ease my mind.

The nurses left and Dr. Slackman poked his head in to say hello. He left quickly to get prepped because he had another surgery after mine. Andrew was fairly calm, but I could tell that he was anxious. I forget what we talked about, but at one point he raved about how adorable and pretty I looked. He’s crazy because let me tell you, it was not my finest moment appearance-wise.

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh whoa, you live in Roanoke. My brother lived there for at least a year, I think, while he went to graduate school at Hollins, and I visited him a few times.

Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I can't wait, Mrs. M, and I would liek to thank you again for being so open about this. Hatrack is a special place, and is much more inviting than any other place I have been on the web, but it still can't be easy for you to be writing all of this.

JenniK and I wish you the best, as usual.. [Big Grin] ..and I hope that you have good news to share with us this week, be even if you don't I am sure it will work out in the long run.

[Kiss]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

In one weeks time, I'll have finished sitting my administrative law exam.

I'm glad I have your news that I can get excited about! [Smile]

I'll second Kwea's thanks - I really do enjoy reading all this and I thank you for sharing.

Plus, after reading the last one, when I grown up I want to be as glamorous and ladylike as you. [Smile]
At the moment I think folding my sweaters in the wardrobe is a big step.

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mrs.M))))

quote:
I had to take the polish off of my nails, which I had just had done. I saved this for the very last moment because I have tips and wearing tips without polish is like driving a car that just has primer.

Have you tried Gel Nails? Perfect polish all the time. The color is in the gel. You can put it over tips or your natural nail.

quote:
I forget what we talked about, but at one point he raved about how adorable and pretty I looked. He’s crazy because let me tell you, it was not my finest moment appearance-wise.
Listen to the man! He loves you! [Smile]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) I hope all goes well.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Merci, y'all.

Tammy, I have tried gel nails. The drying lamp burned my nail beds.

Good luck on you exam, imogen! I didn't feel very glam that day, but thanks.

Kwea, my pleasure.

RRR, I live at Hollins - Andrew is a Visiting Professor here. I am there right now.

Thanks, Derrell.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Always so slow, but always such good news. Each step bringing you closer. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Tomorrow I'm taking the home pregnancy test. It's going to be a long night.

I got through today just fine. I went to the range and did drills with my teacher. He's also the firearms trainer for the Sherrif's Dept., so he's amazing. I shot really well. We did one-handed drills and, for some reason, I shoot better with my left hand than with my right (I'm right-handed). I left the range relaxed and pretty happy - there's nothing like shooting well to lift your spirits. I got my nails done and went to the market. Then I studied for my psych test tomorrow, which I really couldn't care less about right now.

Here's another installment of my surgery account for your reading pleasure:

After a while, they came to get me. Andrew told me that he loved me and that I would be fine several times. As soon as we were out of earshot, the nurses' aide said, "He's real nervous." I, on the other hand, felt completely calm. She wheeled me into what I can only describe as a loading dock for patients. There were about 8 stations, with equipment like blood pressure cuffs, thermometers, etc. I got docked at one next to a giant monitor and keyboard. The nurses were talking about the passwords, which really bothered me. I wanted to fuss at them about password security, but I wanted them to like me more. To this day I remember that the password had been changed from mercy to grace. One of the nurses went over my chart and took my blood pressure (normal). Dr. Slackman poked his head in and waved. After a few moments, the anesthesiologist came in. He was quite a character.

After going over my chart, he commented on my name and asked me if I had ever seen The Dark Crystal. I thanked my lucky stars that I had and told him it was a classic (which it is). He was very happy to hear that, as it’s one of his favorite movies of all times. [For those of you who have never seen The Dark Crystal, Kira is the girl Gelfling.] He also commented that I am the same age as his wife. Whoo hoo. I REALLY wanted him to like me - I have a very high tolerance for anesthesia and I did not want to wake up during this surgery (like I did for almost every other one). After he looked at my teeth, he asked me if they were my real teeth. I must have looked at him like he was nuts, because he smiled and said, "This is Appalachia." I told him that I'm from Georgia and that I still have all of my own teeth. I shared my concerns about waking up and he assured me that I'd be under the entire time. He was kind of a doof, but I found that oddly reassuring.

imogen
Member # 5485

Mrs M I will be thinking of you all today and tonight.

My exam didn't go so well, but I'm taking that as a good omen for you - all my good luck must be flowing your way. [Smile] (I sure hope so).

Best wishes!

Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) Best of luck. I hope you pass the pregnancy test.
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Kiss] [Group Hug]
Belle
Member # 2314

Oh my goodness - I am saying a prayer for you right now!

But remember - this is only one cycle - not the end all be all.

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Negative. Sigh.

I have a call in to the doctor. We'll see what he says.

Andrew told me that this is what happened the last time - I got a false negative 2 days before getting a positive. That whole time is a blur to me, but I believe him. He is holding on to hope that it is the same this time, but I don't think so.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.