FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Still praying for you, MrsM.

Good luck!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, I got a false negative and it was a week before I finally got the positive. So it IS possible. But, as you said - not this cycle doesn't mean not ever. It's a disappointment but it's not the end of the road.

(((Mrs. M)))

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan was a false negative, so don't give up hope. But like Belle said, this was only the first try. Our doctor even warned us not to get our hopes up too much because the first try was always used to help determine the proper dosages for the next round.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((MrsM)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Mrs. M*

Thanks for letting us share. There is still hope - even if it wasn't a false negative, there will be another time.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mrs M))))))
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
*good vibes*

Hang in there!

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MrsM)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I'm sorry to hear the test was negative. Good luck next cycle!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry to hear that Mrs M.

Here's wishing you and Andrew better news in the next cycle, if things don't turn out this time.

(((Mrs M)))

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry Mrs. M.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. It wasn't a false negative - I started my period today. I'm actually relieved. At least there won't be three more days of wondering and we can get on with the next cycle.

I will probably start the Clomid again on Thursday.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Good luck with the next cycle.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Mrs. M,I am praying for you.
I wouldn't mention my name to God if I were you though, he might want the back rent. Once he knows you know me he will keep on calling and calling....... [Wink]

Kwea

[ November 09, 2004, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the worst part of infertility is the emotional rollercoaster you go through every cycle as your hope is renewed only to be dashed one more time.

I am so, so sorry.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry. It will happen for you. Sometimes these things just take a while. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. If there is anything I can do do not hesitate to ask.
((((((Mrs. M))))))
edit: forgot an r

[ November 09, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Allegra ]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, you will be in my thoughts today. Sending you all the strength and good thoughts I can. [Group Hug]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all.

My current cycle is a bust, too. My doctor wants to check my ovaries for cysts (which may have developed in response to the treatment) before doing another round of clomid. Of course, he's out of town. I'm pretty frustrated.

We're going to start our home study - I need something positive to focus on. If we get pregnant, wonderful. Home studies are good for up to 2 years and we'll just wait. If I don't get pregnant, then we don't have to wait to have a child.

On a completely different, and more positive, note, I've been asked to become an NRA recruiter. I'll be working mostly at gun shows. I'm also going to be taking classes to become a licensed firearms instructor. Andrew was saying yesterday that I'll be the weirdest teacher ever - my subjects will be K-1 Hebrew alphabet and pistol shooting.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
I'll be the weirdest teacher ever - my subjects will be K-1 Hebrew alphabet and pistol shooting.
[Big Grin]
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs M)))

I'm sorry to hear that.

I am continously impressed by your courage and good spirits. [Kiss]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Keep hanging in there, I am sure it will work out in the end.

((((Mrs. M))))

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M and Mr. M)))

Bernard and I are very sad to hear that you missed this cycle, but there's always next month!

::settles in for the long haul::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

So, tomorrow I have a baseline ultrasound to see what's going on with my ovaries. Then we'll start all over again.

Here's the latest installment of my surgery account:

A few minutes after the anesthesiologist left, they wheeled me into the O.R. A whole team of nurses came to get me, which I thought was neat. One of them was very pregnant. We got the to O.R., which was smaller than I thought it would be. The table was much narrower, too, and it had extended arms. I climbed oh-so-gracefully onto it. It was freezing, but the nurses put a new heated blanket over me and they even put an extra one over my outstretched arms. I wasn’t nervous at all, but I did start to get the giggles. The anesthesiologist (I really wish I could remember his name), put the juice into my I.V. and told me that the room might spin and things might get a little psychedelic. I told him not to worry, that it would remind me of college. Everyone laughed and then I was waking up in the recovery room.

The nurses there were as excellent as I had come to expect from this hospital. They were shocked that I had woken up so soon – 20 minutes ahead of schedule. For some reason, I was very talkative and I explained that I was having this procedure so that I could have a baby. I also told them that I wanted a boy, because we planned to adopt a girl. I just could not shut up. I felt groggy, but not nauseous. I wasn’t in too much pain, either. After however many minutes, they wheeled me back down to my room. Andrew was there and he was really glad to see me. He asked my how I was and I gave him a thumbs-up. Normally, I would have mocked him for such a ridiculous question, but I was still too groggy. They told me that they would discharge me as soon as I drank something. I asked for ginger ale and turned over on my side. That freaked Andrew out for some reason. He also told me that I didn’t have a laparoscopy, which explained why I was recovering so easily. Normally, I would have asked why I didn’t have one, but I fell asleep before I could even think to ask.

When I woke up, I was really nauseous. I told Andrew and he rang for a nurse. She put something magical in my I.V. and the nausea went away. I was very, very happy and about 99% coherent. Dr. Slackman came in to check on me and explained that the polyp was in such a visible position that he hadn’t needed to look at it from another angle. He told us that everything went great. We thanked him and he went on his way. The nurses’ aide came in with ginger ale and I drank half of it. Andrew later told me that he had never heard me sound so Southern. He said that I sounded like I came from a place where they don’t fly the Stars and Bars because it’s not Southern enough. I had a thick accent when I was younger, but years of stage training helped me to be able to speak with a non-regional accent. I lived in NYC for 5.5 years and I was always careful to hide my accent. Even now, I tone it down, but it comes out when I’m nervous or upset or tired.

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll be thinking about you for that ultrasound!

Thanks for sharing this really, I know it can't be easy, but it really does highlight the emotional ups and downs and the struggles of infertile couples. Something that needs to be brought to light.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))

I'll bet the accent was adorable. I'm so glad that it went well! [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) Best wishes for a successful result.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mrs. M)))) Hang in there. I will continue to send good thoughts your way.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Let us know when you can....

Kwea

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

The cycle is saved. Hooray.

I had a pelvic ultrasound today. No cysts on my ovaries and my uterine lining hasn't thickened. So I am starting the clomid today and having another pelvic ultrasound November 30th. If all goes well, I'll be inseminated again on December 1st of 2nd. I am so happy that I don't have to wait another month to try again. Dr. Slackman is optimistic and that makes me optimistic.

Of course, I'll be awash in a sea of raging hormones just in time for Thanksgiving with my in-laws, but c'est le vie.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, Mrs. M! I hope everything goes well for you.

I giggled at your post about the surgery, and how talkative you were afterwards. Because it reminded me of when my oldest son was just 9, and had an appendectomy. This kid is so shy and quiet I'm usually lucky to get five words from him all day long. But when he had that surgery (and again a few years later when they pulled his wisdom teeth) both times when he came out from under anesthesia, he was just a talking machine -- couldn't get him to shut up for a breath. Sometimes silly, but very coherent stuff. Makes me laugh again just thinking about it.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! (((Mrs. M))) Good luck with the in-laws over Thanksgiving, sweetheart. I'm sure they'll understand, though.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with the in-laws, Mrs. M. Don't let 'em get to you.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) Best wishes for a successful insemination.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Here we go again. I had a pelvic ultrasound today and there are 2 eggs in my left ovary. Again. This time, though, they're huge. One in 23cm in diameter and the other is 27cm. Dr. Slackman was pleased. I got the super-painful shot and I'm being inseminated tomorrow at 1:30pm. I hope it works this time, b/c I'm getting really tired of this - I don't know how much longer I can keep doing it. Y'all's support has really helped me to cope. It would have been twice as hard without it.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
are you sure you didn't mean millimeters? (or something even smaller)

AJ

Sorry I'm wishing you the best, but the engineer in me is coming out with the units. 23cm is 9.1 inches, which is almost as big as an entire baby. even 23mm = 2.3 centimeters is almost an inch... 23 nanometers might be too small though.

AJ

[ November 30, 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) Best of luck.
zgator
Member # 3833

She did say they were huge.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Not sure at all. I never learned the metric system in school. They looked pretty big on the monitor, though.

In fact, yesterday my French prof. was telling us about how far diesel cars can go on one tank and we all just stared at him blankly b/c none of us know how many kilometers in a mile.

zgator
Member # 3833

rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck!
Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, Mrs. M. I don't know how you're feeling, but I do remember my friend who struggled with infertility talked of feeling the same way - like she just couldn't do it anymore. She hung in there, and I just attended her baby shower a few weeks ago. I hope that's somewhat encouraging news for you.

I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
You and the Eggs 2.0 hang in there now! Good luck with the insemination!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

You need the Wonder Twins of Sperm to get there and do it right...I can see it now...

Wonder Twins power...Activate...the form of a....

Well, you know.....

(Sorry, just trying to make you laugh a bit...if it was too far out of line I will delete it... [Big Grin] )

Go M's!

Kwea

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*crosses fingers, closes eyes, and wishes for a baby for Mrs. and Mr. M*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
*crosses fingers very hard*
Ouch !
*well a little less hard - but will be thinking about U two with all her heart*

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all. This thread is keeping me from getting too down or crazy.

I got basted today. Now comes the wait. Luckily, I have a ton of things to do, so I'll be busy. Still, it's a long 2 weeks.

I am also trying hard to avoid the omen trap. Like, thinking, "This time, the follicles are bigger. This time, the shot hurt longer, but in a smaller area. Maybe it's a good sign that my new carry permit arrived today. Etc. Etc."

Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
Wondertwin, reporting for duty!

You want me to take the form of a what? [Eek!]

Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Maybe it's a good sign that my new carry permit arrived today.
[ROFL]
Kwea
Member # 2199

A bucket of What?
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Kwea, for causing me to decorate my screen with hot tea.

I may never forgive you.

*continues laughing as she ponders "form of a . . . " and imagines things better left unsaid*

(((Mrs. M))), keeps fingers crossed, and giggles more at the "don't worry, it'll just remind me of college" comment . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.