FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 124)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy Treat's movie updates were always very interesting to me.
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

- posted      Profile for MarekAgain           Edit/Delete Post 
?
Posts: 108 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

How is that confusing? Did I misremember the screen name?
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Alright. I just can't be sure and a quick search yielded no results. Let's just change the topic... Any current movies you are interested in or would recommend?
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Paddington 2. You really should watch one first because it's a treasure but number 2 is like a perfect pairing with the first.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Hotel Transylvania 3 is playing in the US. Don't know if it's playing in Europe yet.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

Antman and Wasp was pretty good
Posts: 108 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Thanks for the input. [Smile]

I've not seen the Paddington movie, but I am familiar with the source material and other renditions. I might see it later, when it's on television.

Hotel Transylvania is already playing over here. But again, I have not seen the first two. So, I'm probably gonna skip this one as well. As far as animated movies go, I am much more interested to see The Incredibles 2.

Definitely going to see Antman and the Wasp. I recently have been catching up on some of MCU movies I did not see on the big screen, the first Antman movie was one of them. I liked it a lot.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Y:
Puffy Treat's movie updates were always very interesting to me.

I had fun posting them.

How random. I haven't visited these or any message boards in a while and find myself mentioned.

Serendipity.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Movie wise, my favorite film this year so far is ISLE OF DOGS, though I've heard good things about A QUIET PLACE. (INFINITY WAR was fun, but obviously just one part of a much larger story.)

PADDINGTON 2 would melt a heart of granite.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

@PT: I found it very useful to have info about new and upcoming movies on this forum; I am pretty sure that because of it I have seen some films that I would not have known about otherwise.

I have enjoyed most of Wes Anderson's movies, so I'm definitely going to add Isle of Dogs to my collection. A Quiet Place seems like a good scary movie. I don't go for horror movies in general, but when they get really good reviews I usually end up seeing them.

[ July 31, 2018, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Y ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

I too love getting film, music, and book reviews.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed Isle of Dogs, but I felt like it was about 15% too long.

A Quiet Place was fantastic. Very suspenseful.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I finally saw The Usual Suspects for the first time this weekend. Of course, I knew about the twist already. But it was still an enjoyable movie.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
mine
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

RIP Senator McCain and condolences to your family.
Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

- posted      Profile for Sara Allyn   Email Sara Allyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have yet to see a super hero movie I didn’t like (at least a little). That said, nothing beats Superman, Man of Steel.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Sep 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Welcome.
Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

- posted      Profile for Sara Allyn   Email Sara Allyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks 😁
Posts: 23 | Registered: Sep 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Welcome Sara.
While I feel the same about superhero movies in general (there's usually good action scenes at the least), there are some exceptions to the rule. I am thinking about movies like Elektra, Catwoman and to a lesser extent Daredevil. While some of the action scenes in those might be good, there a whole lot of other stuff that drags the movie as a whole down. Regarding Man of Steel, I felt that the destruction caused by the fight at the end was very jarring, considering all earlier Superman iterations I'd seen.
My personal favorite is probably Logan (though admittedly Wolverine has always been my favorite, so my opinion can be considered somewhat skewed in this instance).

Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

I haven’t seen Elektra, but I actually like catwoman (the one with Hallie Berry). It wasn’t great, but it was fun at least. I know I saw Dare Devil, but I just can’t remember it, so it must not have been great.
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

i liked Daredevil when i first saw it, but it is very different from the current show.

Why is Man of Steel your favorite? I'm not saying it was bad, just wondering is something in particular struck you

Derrell
Member # 6062

If the man of steel struck you, you should have him arrested. [Big Grin]
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly with a magnet.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

You might want to bring some Kryptonite to back that up.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Where does one obtain kryptonite?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

... In Space
Derrell
Member # 6062

Noone can hear you scream.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Are you referring to Peter Noone ?
Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

I love Super Man because is the ultimate super hero. He is the super hero against which all other super heroes are measured. I love how he is always so much more about saving people than chasing down the bad guy. His only "moral flaw" is his willingness to risk all to save his lady love (which is the only significant flaw a super hero should have, imo). When you really think about it, he is the true original modern mythological man. He has all the best super powers and he's just a nice, honest, raised on a farm, kinda guy.

That said, I'm also totally in love with Dr. Strange because he is just, well, for lack of a better phrase - totally dreamy. :-P

MarekAgain
Member # 13484

I think that Strange is way better
Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

Well, I do love Dr. Strange. I guess I just don't think of him as a classic super hero though.
Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

Well, I do love Dr. Strange. I guess I just don't think of him as a classic super hero though.
Sara Allyn
Member # 13737

MarekAgain
Member # 13484

in general i like superman more, but i think Doctor Strange was a better movie than Man of Steel. That's a personal preference tho
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I am more familiar with Superman than with Doctor Strange. Though I prefer Marvel over DC, when I was younger I had more exposure to Batman and Superman (because of the films and television series). In general I enjoy Batman more than Superman. I think Man of Steel was jarring to me because I knew Superman from the older movies and the Lois & Clark series, which are quite different in tone.
Derrell
Member # 6062

RIP Stan Lee.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

RIP Stan Lee. Thanks for your many contributions to the world of comics.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

He will be missed.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. It's one of those events that came as no particular surprise, but was still unwelcome news all the same.

A shame that his last days were filled with bickering and profiteering from some that should have been close to him.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Well said (or written, in this case).
Derrell
Member # 6062

Very well written, indeed.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Forsooth, 'tis wordcraft of the highest order.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

Any of you traveling for the holidays? I'm going to be in Utah most of it.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Nope.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I'll be visiting my parents for Christmas. Nowhere near Utah though.
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

i wonder why this thread doesn't attract as many bots
Derrell
Member # 6062

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

i thought resistance was the ratio of the voltage applied to the electric current which flows through it
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.