FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 69)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be praying 'til next Thursday...
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
now that's an out of context page turn!
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a Mandy of a different color.
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Inconceivable!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
Only a great fool would react to that line, and I am not a great fool so I will not react.
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

quote:
Originally posted by LargeTuna:
now that's an out of context page turn!

I know... once I saw it was the first post on a new page and the connection with the previous post had become somewhat vague, I considered changing the text. But then I thought that it might actually be a good thing. Creating confusion increases the chances of having the last post for a while.

I just left it there as a song lyric quote (which is something I do quite regularly). I was hoping that the next poster might finish the line, but I guess that the reference was too obscure. Also... the reason that I did not finish it myself is due to the fact that the second part of that sentence could be a violation of the rules of the forum. And I wouldn't like to show less than proper decorum.

Writing this chunk of text is also a new strategy to prevent new posts from following this one...

"You are getting sleepy... Your eyelids are suddenly very heavy... You can not keep them open. You are drifting off to a peaceful place. When you return to the main forum page you will awake and you will believe that you have already posted in this thread and will happily move on to other things."

...That should work for a couple of minutes. [Razz]

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Y:

I just left it there as a song lyric quote (which is something I do quite regularly). I was hoping that the next poster might finish the line, but I guess that the reference was too obscure. Also... the reason that I did not finish it myself is due to the fact that the second part of that sentence could be a violation of the rules of the forum. And I wouldn't like to show less than proper decorum.

Ah, so you were hoping that whoever completed the quote would violate forum rules and get banned.

Sneaky.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
Sneaky.

Thanks. I am studying for my Spy Master degree.
ricree101
Member # 7749

That's fascinating.

But don't you lose points for admitting that you're studying it?

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

He hasn't graduated yet...once he has, then he won't admit it.
ricree101
Member # 7749

As long as his final exam isn't to eliminate all the witnesses that knew about it, that's ok with me.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

@Stone_Wolf: you are correct. We can tell people that we are doing the course, but once we graduate, we have to deny everything. Therefor there are really no graduates and the school has a very hard time getting the government to fork over some cash on an annual basis.

So, it is not unusual that the exams are set up in such a manner that upon succesful completion by the candidate there will be some gold pieces filling the college's coffers.

@ricree101: We haven't yet covered the many ways that exist to eliminate witnesses. So far the studies have focused on forgery, sneaking around and hiding. I do believe that next semester we will start with some unarmed combat.

ricree101
Member # 7749

Grats on a week and a half. You're getting good at flying under the radar like that.

Apparently spy school is working.

Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Time to change my contacts!
Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

that so?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Last
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

ish
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Isn't he the guy who does the interior work on Street Customs?
ricree101
Member # 7749

You can't prove it.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Yes I can!
ricree101
Member # 7749

touche
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

crouton
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

Captain Crouton
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Dial M for Monkey.
ricree101
Member # 7749

And dial I for Island?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

No, no... that would be a Mission: Impossible.
ricree101
Member # 7749

Too bad. I much prefer possible missions.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

So does Jeremy Irons.
chervil
Member # 12704

- posted      Profile for chervil   Email chervil         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like this thread is getting a bit too organized for a Last Post thread.

So....

Next time you are in a store, and someone asks you if they can answer any questions for you...

tell them "Yes. What does purple sound like?"

Always catches them off guard...

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Purple sounds a lot like maroon. I thought everyone knew that.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Well, yeah... but Purple sounds deep. And a little smokey... I don't think Maroon could ever get that kind of sound.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
If purple is deep, and the smoke is on the water, does that mean that the fire is in the sky?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

Purple Sky Fire would be an okay band name
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Maroon might not. But I think mahogany could get that deep, smokey sound.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Is there any difference between stale bread and cold toast?
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

stale bread contains one more letter.
ricree101
Member # 7749

also, "cold toast" has alphabetical first letters, while "stale bread" doesn't.

Well, unless you mean alphabetically backwards, but you don't mean that. That would be insane.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I meant more like...one's got toast lines.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I now know the what the name of the original post refers to.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Fire!

(waits for everyone to flee the burning thread to claim the last post)

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Water! (waits for some waiter to bring him something to drink)
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

Oh my god, it's a FIRE! (sale)

Evacuate the schoolchildren!

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Head count!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

One!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Seven.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Blake's Seven?
ricree101
Member # 7749

Nope, the other one.
taibreamh
Member # 12412

- posted      Profile for taibreamh           Edit/Delete Post 
I got really excited when I saw "The Next Generation" as the title of this thread, because I thought it was going to be about Star Trek. Captain Picard is sooooo cool.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Make it so #1!
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.