FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 17)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tinros:

Can I get a hug?

Sure, honey!

(((Tinros)))

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, it's good to see you around again! Where ya been? [Wave] ((((Derrell))))

(((((Tinros)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
thanks!

(((Jatraqueros)))

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an exam tomorrow for calculus, and I really have a feeling it's not going to go well, and if it doesn't I'm going to get bumped to a lower class, and that's goig to hold back my engineering classes, and....*sigh* :-/
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Eruve Nandiriel)))

There, does that help?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((Eruve)))))))))) Good luck!
((((((((((Tinros))))))))))
(((((Ic))))) Oops!
((((((((((Choobak))))))))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Eruve))))) May the god of Maths be with you.
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Eru))))) Just breathe! You'll be fine!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

(((((Raia))))) just for the pleasure.
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Awww... (((((Choobak))))) [Kiss]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
You two compose yourselves! [No No] ( [Wink] )

((((Choobak)))) Hang in there, man, it's going to happen for you at one point. When you least expect it! [Angst]
((((Ic)))) Ouch. Keep us posted about how things work out, ok?
((((Tinros)))) Tante does indeed seem to know what she's talking about, doesn't she? Luckily, seeing the rate at which she's posting... [Wink]
((((Tante)))) [Big Grin]
((((Derrell)))) Long time no see! Welcome back to Hatrack's little mushy corner. [Big Grin]
((((Eruve)))) :adding my prayer to the God of Maths: Pi, amen!
((((rivka))))
((((Raia))))
((((tt&t))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

(((((Corwin))))) I hope you are right.

God play with me sometime. Today after work, i decided to go from le Louvre to Les jardins du Luxembourg before a diner with friends. ( The traject ). and i decide to go a minute in the St Séverin's church in St Michel. Just before, i heard a man in my back said "Spawn !" (an old nickname from school). It was a friend who works now near Paris. And the best is he live near me, at Levallois.

Then, i went to les jardins du luxembourg, i seated down a chair face to the sun with a beautiful blue sky, and i stay, quit. I felt an appeasement in me. The sun warmed up me. I feel good now.

((((Ic))))
((((Tinros))))
((((Tante))))
((((Derrell))))
((((Eruve))))
((((rivka))))
((((tt&t))))

(((((Raia))))) again [Kiss] May the Singer god bless your voice !

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Choobak))))) [Kiss] Actually, he didn't do too well... I didn't make auditions for Sweeney Todd . Haha! But it's ok, because they have far too much rehearsal time anyway, and I want to practice a lot so maybe I can get a part in The Magic Flute when they audition it in a few months!

As for needing a hug, aaaaaah! NOT A SINGLE PLACE on campus or off campus has a copy of the textbook I need for one of my classes. I have to read two chapters, and do some random homework for it by tomorrow, and I can't find the freaking thing anywhere! I went to two libraries, two bookstores, and the two classmates I know how to find. Basically, the only places around. Not a single place has it. Grrr!

(((((Hug thread regulars and irregulars))))) I'm going to go practice. Maybe that will calm me down a bit.

Raia
Member # 4700

Update:
Ugh... my day only got worse. I went to practice, and my voice kept cracking, so I decided I'm too stressed to sing, and set out to find Walmart, because there are certain necessary items that I need in my dorm room.

There's a Kroger on the way to Walmart, so I stopped to get some edamame (yum) and stuff to fry it in (canola oil, lemon, salt and pepper, in case anyone's wondering). I got that, and went back to my car. According to the directions my RA gave me, Walmart is just down the street from Kroger.

Well, either I'm really dumb, I'm blind, or someone stole it, but Walmart was definitely NOT down the street. Instead, I managed to get lost in rural Indiana (which anyone will tell you is not a particularly pleasant experience) for a little under half an hour. Finally, I found the highway again, and then Kroger (that was my hallelujah moment). I decided to stop again at Kroger and get a few of the things there... the ones, I could, anyway. I bought them, and went back outside to my car. Of course, by this point, it's drizzling.

I drove back to campus, and looked for student parking near my dorm. I made a very important discovery today, and that's that there's absolutely no freshman parking near my dorm. So I parked on the other side of campus (where I was to begin with, but it wasn't drizzling then), and took all my bags in hand, and walked back to my dorm in the rain. The bags were really heavy, and getting wet wasn't helping them. One tore, and my bottle of oil fell out and hit the pavement. Luckily, it didn't break, but it was CLOSE.

I finally made it back to my dorm, where the girls on my floor, upon hearing my sorry tale, made the situation aaaall better by saying "how could you miss Walmart? It's just down the STREET!"

[Wall Bash]

I think I may go fry myself some edamame. See if that cheers me up.

rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Raia)))))))))) Fried edamame are yum! And Walmart is evil -- you're simply too pure of heart to see it. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to calm down, and not panic over my calculus exam (always a good plan). The questions ended up being harder and more confusing than I thought, but stuff started to make more sense as I went along. I got my scores back....not good. With the scores I got, I should probably drop to the next lower class, but I'm not going to. Once I get going, I'll remember more stuff, and I'll just have to study hard and get help. I really don't want my math to hold me back with my engineering courses. I think it's all going to work out....eventually. [Smile]

Raia, it took me an hour and a half to find the Target that wasn't too far away. I kept going in circles and ending up back on campus. [Embarrassed] maybe I missed something, but are you going to school back in Indiana now?

(((((Everyone)))))

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Good luck, Eruve. I'm sure you'll do fine.

And if you have trouble, you can always ask Hatrack for help. And we'll be more than happy to tell you to do your own homework. [Wink]

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Choobak)))) Maybe sometimes it's better that things don't happen for you. It happened for me, but got me through hell again... Sorry, I feel too bad to cheer you up, damn it...
((((Raia))))
((((Eruve)))) I love it that you don't give up! And we're here to support you! [Smile]
((((rivka))))

((((Noemon)))) ((((Enigmatic)))) ((((Anna)))) ((((tt&t)))) ((((quid)))) Thanks again.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

(((((Corwin))))) I am so sorry... This things are very complicated, aren't they ? I feel better currently. I stay alone, right but i am calm. Serain, in french. Courage !

(((((all my friends here)))))

(((((Raia))))) Sweet girl [Wink]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Complicated? I don't know. Most of the time things are as complicated as we make them to be... They're simple, or close to that, it's our denial of certain aspects that makes everything seem more complex.

And I'm glad you're feeling better. [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

Actually, I could use another hug... on a completely different matter this time. I'd rather not talk about it at the moment, but it's really serious, and I'm feeling very upset, and very drained. [Frown]

(((((You guys)))))

(((((B&B)))))

Choobak
Member # 7083

(((((Raia))))) A hug for you...
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Raia)))) Hope you feel better soon!
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia)))))
((((Eruve)))
more after class!

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Raia))))))))))
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks everyone... I woke up this morning, hoping that I would find that all this had gone away... that it was a bad dream... [Frown]

Oy. I should be so lucky.

Raia
Member # 4700

Well, it's a little better now. The skies are beginning to clear.

They have a long way before it's sunny, though.

Choobak
Member # 7083

Here, it is very sunny and it will be 30°C this afternoon. I'll send you a part of my sun. [Wink]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, if Choobak can spare some of the Parisian sun, so can I. [Smile] Especially now that we seem to get into high temperatures again. Oh, and if it's not sunny in real life, you know it's always sunny on Hatrack! [Big Grin]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I would send you some sun, but it's not up yet. [Wink]
(darn early classes.... [Grumble] )

Raia
Member # 4700

I meant a metaphorical sun, you guys. [Razz]

I was being poetic.

Choobak
Member # 7083

I understood, that why i send you a poetic sun for warm your soul. How can i send you a real sun ? I'll burn [Wink]
Raia
Member # 4700

[Smile]

Thanks.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Me-ta-pho-ri-cal? Nope, haven't heard of that one! [Razz]
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((raia))))))
Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((Raia)))))))))))
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks, you guys... I'm... really sorry if I hurt you or snapped at you tonight. I'm not myself. Now I feel far worse than I did a little while ago.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I need some hugs... I've tried to make a relationship work against all odds and, well, it obviously didn't work. So I stopped it for good yesterday, when it became very clear that the girl wasn't going to change and would go on with the self-destructive life she's leading. I can't at the same time help her with infinite patience and be with her in a normal relationship, it's just impossible.

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Corwin)))))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

((((Corwin)))) I hope the europcon change your sadness into happyness.

see you second next week end in Paris !

Corwin
Member # 5705

Thanks, Frenchies! [Wink] Yeah, I hope that too. I'm mainly sad not for losing the relationship, but for the girl who doesn't realize that she's going on a totally wrong way... [Frown] May there be something in her future that will help her change!
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Corwin))))) I'm sorry you're down. I hope you feel better really soon, k?
Corwin
Member # 5705

I promise. [Wink]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia))) if it means anything.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

It does. Thank you.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Well...it's that time of year...mid-terms. So far it has not gone well for me. [Frown] I already failed the chemistry exam, and I'm really hoping I at least got a D on calculus. I have two more tests and a paper due this week, along wiith other random homework. It's getting very stressful. I actually went to the psychological services clinic the other day (at the suggestion of one of my professors) to get help for test anxiety.

*sigh* I'll just be glad when this week is over. :-/

I hope those of you who are in school are doing better than I am.

Hopefully I'll have some free time soon to at least lurk some more, but until then.... (((((Hatrack)))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

Boy, is this starting to look deserted or what?!

((((Eruve)))) How is it that you have mid-terms at the beginning of fall?! Me not get. o_O Anyway, hope you did / will do well on everything you had left. And remember: "When the going gets tough and you think it is the end of the world today, do not worry, because it is already tomorrow in Australia." [Wink] Or are you in Australia? Yikes...

((((Raia))))
((((Alty))))
((((Choobak))))
((((Anna))))
((((JH))))
((((rivka))))
((((tt&t))))

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
(((( Belle ))))) just because.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Hatrack)))))

Haha...yeah, it is starting to look a little deserted. I have about 3 midterms and a final for each class. I think they're about 3 or 4 weeks apart. And no, I'm not in Australia. I wish I was though, it sounds like a cool place. [Smile]

I've been really feeling kind of lonely lately. I still haven't made many friends here (I know about three people that I actually hang out with), and it's starting to get to me. I also realised that I never really had very close friends. Maybe two that would have counted, but we've either lost touch or grown apart. I miss that closeness, that person that you can share all your thoughts and feelings with without feeling judged, and knowing that certain friend will be there for you no matter what. I should probably join some clubs or something to meet people (I'm shy...I'm not an outgoing person), but I just don't have the time. The clubs/groups/whatever usually meet when I have supplemental instruction (it's like a study group with a student teacher), and I really need to go to those because I'm failing my classes. I feel like I'm just falling apart at the seams lately. And I don't care about anything anymore. I know I should, but don't, and I don't even know why, and somehow I just feel...blank. Ok...so I know this probably has a lot to do with stress, lack of sleep, and the like. But even though I got a few good nights of sleep, I don't feel much better. [Frown]

*sigh* Sorry, I just needed to let that out.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Eruve)))) It gets better, really. If nothing else you learn ways of dealing with it. Keep in mind that any sort of close relationship takes a while to build. It doesn't happen overnight. I'm also really shy, and from what you say you're doing a lot better socially than I was at this point in my freshman year.

Academically: I'm not at all sure this will be any help at all, but I can offer. You're an engineering major, right? My boyfriend is a sophomore in engineering here at Purdue. He's probably the best student in his class and he's pretty good at explaining things. If you'd like I'm sure he'd be willing to help you out. I know that'd be sort of hard to do over such a long distance, but I thought I'd offer just in case you think it would be helpful.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.