FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2004 : A Rousing Success!! (see other thread for details) (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2004 : A Rousing Success!! (see other thread for details)
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
My post office thwarted me by not having note cards available, so here's the note that should have been in mine:

Dear X,

I hope you enjoy your gift. It's been fun getting to know you on the forum and I look forward to getting to know you more. Take care, and happy winter!

Fondest regards,
space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dear X,
*giggles*

---

Anna, I responded to your e-mail. My internet at home is on the fritz and I can't fix it quickly, and my computer guy is in the MTC (*wails*), so I'm sort of incommunicado at night. [Frown] But, I answered it this morning.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be really awful. It didn't even occur to me to write a note to put in mine.... [Embarrassed] Then again, I'm the kind of person to whom it never occurs to call up her friends to see how they are doing, so hopefully my person won't be too upset.

Oh well, at least I used my hatrack name as the name on the return address.... [Big Grin]

[ December 08, 2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
With the 'Dear X' and all, right? [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! I only address my closest friends as "X." If I'm really really close to them I might occasionally refer to them as "Y." [Razz]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
It's alright Kat, it was the same day for me... And the package is sent ! I can't believe I did this, it's the first time I send something that far. My victim should have the presents before Christmas (I know the French post, that's why I say "should" and not "will". Sorry in advance, victim !)
I'm really excited by all this. Thank you again, Kat, to organize it !

[ December 08, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna... you are so cute. [Kiss]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

[Kiss] Raia
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, now, Anna is beautiful. [Smile]

[ December 08, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, she really is.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Delivered on: Dec 8, 2004 5:21 P.M.

Delivered to: US
Shipped or Billed on: Dec 6, 2004

IT'S BEEN DELIVERED! A day early! Hope they get home soon...

[Party] [Party]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] They should have it right now, if not sooner.

Edit: And yes, she really is. What a smile.

[ December 08, 2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

WOOHOO! I'm so ding dang excited!

Oh, and the white envelope taped to the front of the box has a card in it.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
jokm,8 -- Sophie says thanks, and consequently clears my entire screen. *laugh*

Sara, how did you know that Boon had my name?

It was so exciting to see such a large package waiting by our front door! Boy does Boon know how to package! The ornaments and mouse all made it safely here. Yaay!

I absolutely adore the ornaments! They are SO beautiful. I especially laughed at the "Happy Hatrack Christmas" one.

Thanks to you, I now have "Chrissy the Christmas Mouse" running through my head! *grin*

*bounce, bounce*

Thanks so much Boon! This was a super cheer to a very exhausting day.

Oops, we missed the card...checking now...got it!

[ December 08, 2004, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

[Big Grin]

You're so very welcome! Golly, if I'd known then that this was so much fun I'd have done this last year!

quote:
Precious metal, ancient scrolls, and fine china?
I was so hoping you'd like the blue and silver on (in) the ornaments. Those bows were hard to get right, though! [Smile] The book I've had for some time and love, and the ceramic mouse was made by a friend of mine.

[ December 08, 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Boon ]

Christy
Member # 4397

Perfectly timed because I want to make our Christmas cookies this weekend [Smile]

I was sure those ornaments really were porcelain. [Smile]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

No, the ornaments are plain glass, tempera paint, a gold paint pen, and spray glitter, with some shiny ribbon. Yes, I made them. Cheap, pretty, and they look really, really expensive! [Razz]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
My package to my victim should be going out tomorrow. Just gotta finish assembly. =)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*has brilliant notion*

*scurries about*

Ok, my victim's should be going out tomorrow, I hope.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I still haven't written that blasted explanation, but I will do so today, and send it out today if possible... if not, then tomorrow!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I should have bought something smaller. But it wouldn't be that much fun [Big Grin]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Oh, no. Now I'm wondering if the box will arrive all right where it goes. And I won't have the answer before 2 DARN WEEKS !
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Wheeeeee! I got my gift yesterday! Thank you, Mayday!!! I have not read it, and it looks very interesting. [Smile] (No, I did not wait until Christmas. Pah. It was very fun to be able to unwrap it as soon as it came.)

My outgoing gift, however, has been sitting here since Monday. [Embarrassed] I will go to the post office today and get it off... sorry for the delay, victim.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's any consolation, Anna, I have had good experiences with international mail through La Poste. Once I mailed about 20 tiny postcards (they weren't really postcards, but floral cards) to the US and even though the postman grumbled and complained endlessly and warned me about how foolish it was to expect them to be delivered, every single one made it in one to two weeks,
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, thanks to click-n-ship, the package has a postage-paid label on it and is waiting for the postal person to show up later.

I realized after I sealed it up and stuck the label on that I forgot to write the little note I meant to stick in there. [Embarrassed] Oops. Sorry, victim!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I had a card all signed and sealed, and then sealed up the box without it. I had to cut it open, drop it in through the slit, and seal it back up. It bummed me a little because I'd wanted it to be all prettily on top of the wrapped gift, but oh, well.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

I just remembered that due to the move and depending on when my package arrives that I might not be able to thank my person right away. So thank you in advance!! [Smile]

space opera, who's hoping we get the 'net hooked up at the new house quickly after moving

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
When I said I'd send mine Tuesday, I lied. Horribly. Hopefully it'll go out tomorrow.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, kethcupqueen -- I had the same thing, I'd almost finished taping up the box and then suddenly remembered something I'd forgotten to put in and rather inelegantly slipped it through the flaps.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

My victim didn't get a note either. Luckily, I at least stuck a To/From sticker on the outside of the package.

Here's hoping it makes it okay!

Raia
Member # 4700

MY victim's getting a note! [Taunt]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine too! I sent it today!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
how do I get my picture in the album?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

You send an email (with your picture attached and your hatrack name please) to hatrack at foobonic dot com and then I put it in the hatrack album for you. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm... *wonders if she should let everyone see what she looks like, or make them wait to meet her*
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
What if you see me walking down the road, but since you've never seen my picture, how will you know its me?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

kq - You should let us all see you, of course!
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, mine is ordered and will be on its merry little way shortly.

I hope my person likes it.

[ December 09, 2004, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the gift for my person in the mail today. I get to wrap it and mail it tomorrow. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

ludosti-- can I send you a picture of me with ketchupprincess? I don't really let people take ones of me alone. [Blushing]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
This is hilarious. Deadline: 6th December. Now: 10th December. Stuff mailed? Not entirely . . . [ROFL] We could rename this the December 2004/January 2005 Hatrack Gift Exchange. . .
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Hey, Kat told me the dead line was the 8th... And I posted the box this very day. Why was it the 6th for you ? Maybe because I was in the last row...
ludosti
Member # 1772

Please do ketchupueen!! We'd love to see your princess too!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna - it hadn't even occurred to me that it could be round 1 versus round 2. That's probably it.

And I know I'm tired when I type "it haddent even..." Oh, it's sooooo time for bed. [Sleep]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
*sad*

I wish I had had enough time or energy to have done this. I should just stop reading this thread.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

(((Theca)))
You'll do it next year... I though I wouldn't have time either, but it's all fun !

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

my pic is up. Now people, go see the face of my royal highness!!!
Anna
Member # 2582

[Hail] to Her Royal Highness [Smile]
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a college student or an international Hatracker, absolutely, abosolutely by tomorrow. Everyone else, too, come to think of it.

After everyone has gotten their presents or very close, I'm going to make a mapping of the chain. Annie --- > X ----> Boon ----> X -----> raventh ---> Narnia ---> Boris

Like that.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if my X got hers. I mailed it on Monday... hope it's not lost! I may have written the address very ill indeed.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.