FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2004 : A Rousing Success!! (see other thread for details) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2004 : A Rousing Success!! (see other thread for details)
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that Mr. Brown said it'd be delivered Tuesday. I'll be tracking it, though...

"Ooo!! Shiny!"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
My person may have already gotten my gift, and mailed it for all I know, but I thought I'd post a gift list I'm working on to give an idea of what I like (this was made up for family, I'm just posting it to show my likes and such, not looking for anything off of it): http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/christmaslist/
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the little "desirability" tag. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Its an export from my OmniOutliner list (excellent program, I'm using the OO 3 public beta). Its truly a killer app (along with OmniGraffle).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my person ! Woohoo !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should send your person some chocolat. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I probably will, but not only this. BTW, it's not you, Annie [Wink]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

That's really too bad. [Razz]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate, I got you your gift and I'll be posting it in the morning. It'll show the 7th, but because of time zone differences, it's still being sent on the 6th US time. [Wave]

I hope you like it! I hope the mailmen (Sri Lankan) don't steal the contents. (Recently, a bunch of postal workers, including top ranking ones, were arrested for stealing mail. In particular, the contents of parcels and such. Yup. Corruption in the east.) [Angst]

It was fun! Oh, and the box it's in. It came from the US from Eljay and her random act of chocolate kindness. And now it's heading back home. Katie, ya gotta make sure you send this box out to somewhere else far far away for another journey. I think it wants to see the world. [The Wave]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Victim, I apologize for being a bit behind... what with my cousin's death and now trying to get back into the swing of classes and making things up, I'm afraid I'm not quite meeting the deadline. But I'll have it ready and mailed by this weekend. I apologize. [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't sent mine yet, either... I know what I'm getting, I just haven't managed to make it anywhere that has it. I'm hoping for tonight, and I can send it out tomorrow, just one day late...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Also apologies to my victim - I'm sending it tomorrow because that's when I actually have time to go to the post office. (Refrains from mentioning that it shouldn't take more than three days to arrive and therefore a one-day delay won't make too much of a difference...)

And if whoever has me is wondering, I'll be at my school address until 22 Dec.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm deliberately waiting a bit to send mine so that the recipient isn't tempted to open it two weeks before Christmas.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Quid, you're adorable, and thank you. I hope you didn't overnight it? I put that deadline so early so the international people could put the packages on the cheap slow boat.

I'm excited!! [Smile]

I will mail my person's package today. [Smile]

Added: I reread what quid wrote, and I understand now. I was afraid it would show up on the 7th, which meant Dash was involved somewhere. I love the idea of the box making the rounds - I'll have to pass it along.

So, who wants a Texas Toothpick and some Claude's Brisket sauce?

[ December 06, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
But Tom, it's just a December gift exchange. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I put that deadline so early so the international people could put the packages on the cheap slow boat.

Yeah. Noah got his vodka candies almost 2 months after I sent them.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I don't give gifts in remembrance of the month of December, sadly. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
xnera liked my present. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from mailing mine off. The lady at the post office really liked the stickers I put on the outside. She said that it should arrive on Wednesday. [Big Grin]

I hope my person will like it. I wasn't able to find exactly what I wanted, and since I've been sick I wasn't been able to make anything cool.

[ December 06, 2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize to my person... I have been swamped with school work, but I'm done(YAY!) and I'm going to finish your present asap and send it hopefully by Wednesday [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo! I just finished making the first part of my gift. Looks like I'll finish the 2nd part tonight and put it in the mail tomorrow. This is so much fun. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I left part of my gift at home, so I won't be able to mail it until tuesday. My person will have to suffer.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
My gift is all ready except I need to write a note. I'll probably mail it tonight. I'm only willing to go to the post office once this season though, so I'm trying to get everything I need to mail done at once.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I have everything, but I'm not going to be able to send it until tomorrow. I'll send it priority, though, so it will get there quickly.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So, it looks like there's going to be a flood of presents getting there starting, like, next week. Cool. [Cool]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
victim: your present is in the mail!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

In the mail!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Victim,

I'm still trying to decide what to send you. Then I'll do eenie-meenie to choose which address to use.

It (whatever "it" might be) should get there eventually, never fear! [Big Grin]

Love,
Rivka

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

In Transit -
On Time
Sched. Delivery: Dec 9, 2004

Hope somebody will be home...or at least that it's not raining or something.

[Angst]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It's done. It's mailed. Yay!!!!

I don't know whether it went by boat mail or air mail, but given that the postage cost more than the gift itself, I'm guessing it's going by air mail. See, the guy didn't speak English, so there was no point in asking. That and the six or so other people behind me all pushing their way to the counter, shoving their packages or envelopes in the guys face, do not really encourage extensive attempts at conversation. Seriously, if you want a cultural experience, go to a post office!

But it's off! Hopefully it'll arrive soon. Katie Katie, I hope you enjoy!

(Tee hee! I'm the only one here who doesn't ruin anonymity by calling the reciptient by name!) [ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's why I mailed mine so early-- I can't keep a secret that long (at least one that's not life or death or the loss of a friendship), so I had to make sure xnera got it by the time I needed to shout it. [Razz]
Boon
unregistered

Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 2.40 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Dec 9, 2004.

Package Progress:
Date/Time Location Activity

Dec 6, 2004
9:43 P.M. TULSA, OK, US DEPARTURE SCAN
6:12 P.M. TULSA, OK, US ORIGIN SCAN
2:28 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Dec 7, 2004 9:54 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

TeeHee! Can you tell I'm excited?!?

Anna's Secret Santa
Member # 7097

- posted      Profile for Anna's Secret Santa           Edit/Delete Post 
Anna, your package is leaving the fort today. Hopefully there will be a headwind from the North down to France.

You didn't give any wishes on your list, so Ol' Santa went with something known to be favorable to you. (I had the elves scouring the island for just the right one.)

What a good girl you've been, ho ho!

[Wave]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I'll send mine to my secret victim tomorrow [Smile]
I like to be called a good girl. If I was a cat, I would be purring.

Anna's Secret Santa
Member # 7097

- posted      Profile for Anna's Secret Santa           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

My secret Santa [Kiss]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... Anna's so cute!! (pets)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I got my present I got my present I got my present! Thank you Dagonee! Thank you thank you thank you! It's hilarious!

*completely disregards thank-you thread*

*dances around with copy of The Bride of Anguished English*

*decides to go read it right now!*

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... I'm too late to participate [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Dec 7, 2004
6:02 P.M.
HODGKINS, IL, US
ARRIVAL SCAN

WooHoo! [The Wave]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
This was the thread that inspired that choice. Plus, I have the original and it still makes me laugh out loud.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ah, you noticed my fondness for unintentional puns.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Eek!] My husband just stole my present!!!

*goes to make him give it back*

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine sent out today, yay me.

This is fun, Kate, thanks!

Curiosity question for Kate (maybe you said before but I missed it): how are we paired up? Does A give to B, and B give to A? Or does A give to B, B give to C, C give to D, etc?

(Oh yeah: for the wonderful person sending me mine -- the address I put down is for my brother's in NJ, where I'll be for Xmas, so don't be distraught if you don't see me making an enthusiastic "Oooh! I got it! Mine mine mine!!! post for a while [Smile] )

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I finished making my gifts and am going to the post office to send them off tomorrow! *rubs hands together gleefully*

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Plaid : second answer, A gives to B gives to C gives to D... And Z gives to A.It's funnier this way !
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine should hopefully be in the mail tomorrow. I still have to write an explanation for what it is, so I can't send it yet today, I have class.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I have all the ideas, and I'll go and search evything this afternoon (in about 2 hours), go back home to wrap it and send it. [Smile] I hope my victim will like it [Angst]
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine isn't sent yet - sorry victim!

But it will be there in time for Christmas, I promise.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Kat, could you check your e-mail ?
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.