FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2004 : A Rousing Success!! (see other thread for details) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2004 : A Rousing Success!! (see other thread for details)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm allergic to hazelnuts, beeswax, honey, rabbit fur (no angora for me! [Frown] ), and dogs. I have cats. I'm LDS, so don't send anything with liqour in it, please. [Razz] However, I do not usually like things that come from Deseret Books. Especially most of the music. Just a hint. [Big Grin]

Oh, and I play mandolin and sing, if that helps.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I sing too. And I love pigs and music and Audrey Hepburn, to name but three! I'm pretty easy going, I like lots of things, hehe.

And btw, Kat, I'm absolutely dying to know who my person is... *tries not to pester* [Monkeys]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I just want something I don't actually need for Christmas for a change. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I like horses, chocolate, and girly stuff (that's not descriptive oops).

I don't really have any major allergies but perfumed soaps, lotions, and body sprays make it hard for me to breathe.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
My Amazon.com Wish List, which has just been updated. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only allergic to stuff in the air, so please don't send me any smog. I'd also prefer nothing with a heavy scent.

My bag (most similar picture I could find, which isn't very) for books and papers for teaching is getting to need replacement . . . but I'd love just as much to be entirely surprised. [Big Grin] (Also, the ones I get have never been less than about $10, and sometimes over $20, so that might be pushing the $$ limit as well, which I don't want my "angel" [Wink] to do.)

[Addit:] OH!! Almost forgot! Very important. I keep kosher. So please don't send me food, unless it has one of these on it. Thanks!

[ November 29, 2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey rivka, do you care if your bag has a logo on it? One of my best friends goes to conferences about every other week, and they always give her briefcasey-type soft-sided bags. She's tried to push extras off on me a couple of times, and I've thus far refused. Anyway, if you can put one to good use, I'll ask her if the offer is still open when she gets back from Japan next week. (I watch her house and take in her mail for her, so I'm pretty sure it is. [Big Grin] )

(And "free" is the best price of all...)

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*grin* It wouldn't be the first time, ElJay. [Big Grin] As long as it's nothing, ah, inappropriate (I don't think a Fredericks of Hollywood logo would be particularly appreciated, f'rinstance [Wink] ), that would be great!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*giggle* Nah, it would be in the field of medical devices, more than likely. Besides, she's strictly a Victoria's Secret girl. [Wink]

Anyway, I'll ask. Whoever has rivka, don't get her a bag!

[ November 29, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
kat, have you sent out all the emails yet? I haven't gotten one.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine! Woo! Time to start shopping or something.

No allergies here either.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we making suggestions? I'm asthmatic, so I don't really want anything that smells like perfume or lotion or anything. Ummm... Other than that, art supplies would be good. Like a good quality sketchbook. Or anything anime/manga, practically. I'd love to get my hands on volume 6, 7, or 8 of Firefighter Daigo. [Smile] But anything's good. I should make an Amazon list, too. Meh. Surprise me.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still sending them out. We had almost 50 people sign up, and I've already screwed up three times. Two people I left off the list completely and didn't realize it until I got to their e-mails to return. That worked out fine though because they were in the middle and I just reshuffled a little bit.

One person got the name of the benefactee, and then his own address. That's mildly creepy, if you think about it. The Hatracker lives...IN YOUR ATTIC! Hahahahaaaaa...

So, still sending them out. *checks list* jeniwren, I do not have you marked as having received an e-mail yet, so that's very promising.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just updated my Amazon Wish list. Don't worry about the expensive stuff on the bottom.

I also love embroidered fabric ribbon ( here) and beads, for my various craftiness. My favorite color's dark purple.

[ November 29, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! We got our e-mail! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, just curious -- did everyone get matched up? Numbers turn up even and all? 'Cause if not, I could take someone's name. [Smile]

[to keep someone from doubling up, that is -- or katharina having to shell out extra money herself]

[ November 29, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Done! I can even point to the post that inspired the gift choice.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Hmm...I have one e-mail left to send, and the e-mail address no longer works. Sara, let me try a few things, but I may take you on that, if you would like to play. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so going shopping tonight. Oh, before someone buys me something: I'm also sensitive to rubbing alcohol, and scents trigger my asthma. Please no lotions, soaps, scented candles, or anything like that. Sorry to be picky, but I don't like getting gifts that make me sick. And I don't like most Asian food, almost any chocolate other than See's (I do like Ghiradelli's), beef jerky, turkey jerky, any other kind of jerky, cheese, peanuts, ketchup other than Heinz, or anything barbeque flavor, if you're thinking of food. My favorite color is green and I abhor pink.

Since people are posting wishlists and stuff, I'd be absolutely thrilled with a second-hand copy of a Falco book by Lindsey Davis. I own copies of Silver Pigs, The Iron Hand of Mars, Ode to a Banker, The Jupiter Myth, and The Accusers. I would be thrilled with any of the others. (Most of the older ones are out of print but can be found cheaply in paperback at used book stores. I don't care about condition as long as it's readable and all the pages are there.) I also do love See's, especially milk chocolate Bordeaux; never inappropriate (although a little expensive for this exchange).

Of course, feel free to get me whatever you want; those are just suggestions.

[ November 29, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You, Dagonee, are an overachiever. [Razz]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Razz]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

He sure is.

Of course, he's the one that got his own address as the place to mail it to, so maybe he's just afraid of the Hatracker that lives in his attic.

maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, my gift recipient has not given me any indication of what to buy... more of youse guys need to give some hints, dudes.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. 'The calls are coming from inside the house!'
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

What's sad is that I was ordering before I realized the problem, and had typed in the entire address and thought, "Wow, <personX> lives in my ZIP code" before realizing something was amiss.

Dagonee

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
THAT was a great radio show. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Okay, hints for whomever has me...

Something cool. [Smile] Something I'd never buy for myself, but would greatly enjoy having. Something different.

[ November 29, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I like science fiction, jazz, blues, cartoons (moreso the older ones). I'll be happy with a book, cd, comic book, manga. I'm fairly easy to please.

If it's food or candy, nothing with lliquor in it, please. I love chocolate.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I like surprises. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my Amazon wish list, which is far more an indication of the types of things I like than a directive to buy anything specific.

Have fun with my eccentric tastes. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

maui babe, it's true that your recipient has not indicated anything yet. Of course...neither have you. [Razz] [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Isn't it more fun to go through posts and figure something out?
maui babe
Member # 1894

Yeah, I thought of that. I'm kinda with ElJay... I like surprises. Just no coffee, tea or alcohol. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

Sorry, Dagonee... I don't have time for that... some of youse guys are awfully prolific posters you know.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I'm just messin' with ya. [Smile]
Boon
unregistered

Now would probably be a good time to mention that I collect cookbooks. And OSC books. And...books in general.

One of the things on my list for hubby is to have my old clarinet fixed...I used to love playing so much, and now the kids are expressing an interest...

Oh, and I just joined audible.com, but I have no mp3 player and limited harddrive space, so am burning the audiobooks to cd. Maybe. If I can ever get the durn thing to work right. [Razz]

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, I like Martha Stewart, socks (seriously), mitten and scarf sets, photo albums (but not picture frames, please), Homer Simpson stuff, Funshine Bear, and Crane's stationary.

Really, though, I'll be thrilled with anything.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I like surprises too!

(and I'm not allergic to anything either)

I'm so excited!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

::singsongs::

I know what I'm sending, I know what I'm sending...

And if my person doesn't like it, they can just send it back!

[Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

My husband is home! Yay! Now I can shop for my present! (As soon as I figure out what I'm going to be looking for...)
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so excited! This is going to be fun!

I love quilting, books, cooking, pink and yellow, and I'm allergic to most scents. I also dislike celery and pantyhose [Smile]

I love quirky, random things!

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I just ordered my gift. I'm fast. Anyway. Whoever got me, I'm alergic to candles and cats. If you feel like sending me a dog, I'm okay with that [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Also a quirky and random fan [Smile]

[Oh yeah: no allergies.]

[ November 29, 2004, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
My wish list It's incredibly long and you don't have to look through it, but it gives you an idea about the kinds of things I go for. I love stuff to write on, write with, read, listen to, hang up, set on fire. [Smile] Pretty much anything actually. if you've already purchased it, I'm sure I'll love it!

As for who's getting MY gift...well it's a tough one, but I'm going to take Dagonee's advice and go read some posts. [Big Grin] This is fun.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I will be completely happy with whatever, whomever decides to send me. I'm not a collector of anything but I do like surprises. I find the fun is in brainstorming for the giftee.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what I'm sending. [Smile]

For myself, I'd love almost anything for the kitchen, and especially need measuring spoons. Recipes for anything with curry in it. I like books that make me laugh, or anything lighthearted. I have a whole pile of serious books on my reading list, and need to intersperse it with something fun and not much effort. I like games that I can play with my son (almost 12) that don't take a really long time to play but are fairly even despite our age difference. (In other words, games we can play that he has a decent chance of winning.) Favorites include Fluxx, Phase 10 Dice and Pigs.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
oooh! If you're really stumped, you can check this thread to see if your giftee has a blog! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Just send me something that YOU would like to receive, and I will treasure it as something I now share with you.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Excellent thought, Narnia! Sadly won't help me. Um, also, for those of you who supplied more than one address, could you give us a ballpark notion of when each of the addresses is preferred?
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize ahead of time, it'll probably be a little harder for whoever gets Lime and me, since you'll have gotten us as a couple. That's gotta suck. [Razz]

[Big Grin]

Honestly, we share a sense of humor, and quite a few tastes, so it probably won't be that hard, actually. I hope. Most of all, I hope you have fun! I know I'm looking forward to going shopping. [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.