FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lifelines: I am OUT :-( (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Lifelines: I am OUT :-(
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's planning to be here. And I'll be home after 4ish. [Frown]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
After 4 *might* be good.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
My son has to be under general anaesthesia Friday, which isn't really an excuse but I appear to be paralyzed on a subconscious level. I was thinking of hosting a Utah gathering but I don't think I can this week.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I totally missed this thread. Yes, Narnia volunteered my services, but I would've offered them if I'd seen it. I know a fair amount about music, and I have general trivia experience as well (hooray for academic team!). Since I haven't heard anything about any other Bloomington hatrackers gathering for it, I'm perfectly willing to chat.

The only trouble for me is I won't be available in the morning, so I won't know whether it's actually happening or not, and I wouldn't be able to get into chat until 1 PM or so.

[ January 12, 2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't volunteering their services, I was just...suggesting them. Those are the folks that are good at the music trivia. [Smile]

None of this will happen until probably noon my time, but if those of us that are able can hop into chat at 9am eastern time, we'll know if you're in or not, right Icarus? (if you call Farmgirl and she's in chat...)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky, I just emailed you with my info. I'll be home all day, refuse to go out with the sub-zero temperatures coming my way. Good luck!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

::bump::
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Ick...maybe you should just call that house. That's three very smart people. [Smile]

As for chat, I was backwards when I said that 9 eastern was 12 pacific. *gulp* it's actually 6am pacific. I won't be in chat that early, but I can be in a couple hours later...

I would get up to check though and see if you're in. You'll know in the AM, won't you?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
OK...I am working, but I am trying to switch with someone. I may also just call out, I have been burned out lately and could use the day to get some things done around the house.

I will let you know when I get home tonight, OK? If I will be home we can call each ohter some time tomorrow so we know what the other peoson sounds like... [Big Grin]

One way or another JenniK has the day off, and will be here, at least that is what she told me yesterday.

My email is KweaSr@msn.com

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Just don't get in trouble or lose money on my account, since there is a better than good chance I won't get in.

-o-

Yeah, I'll know by 10 am or so Eastern Time. (I'll know if I'm out; I won't know that I'm in until I'm in.)

Icarus
Member # 3162

Just so you know, I have about three phone numbers . . . .

-o-

Is anybody interested in doing a dry run tomorrow night? I don't mean for anybodey to cancel any plans or go to any particular trouble. I just mean if people are going to be home anyway. It might be interesting to attempt to relay a question from say the video game to somebody by phone, and have that person try to relay it to another listener, or through chat, and see how it plays out, timewise.

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I rock guessing the answers to WWtbaM on the TV...but i don't know if that means i should recommend myself. If Greg were going to be available, I would recommend us wholeheartedly....we're a mean team.

BUT, regardless, I won't be doing a durn thing on Saturday, so if you'd like my cell number (or does it need to be a land-line? cause i could go to my mom's...) give me an email.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a sendin!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Phone number is on it's way...let me know if you don't get it.

I am taking the day off, I think, so let me know if you don't make it in...I can always go to work a litle late if you don't.

Good Luck, Icky!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, have a blast man. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
When is it again, Icarus? I am home, so i can watch.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Liz, he isn't even sure he will be on...but the taping will be this sat. He is going to let us know by 10 am if he will be on for sure, as of right now he is only one of several people qualified.

A lot of it depends on how well the other people do, I thnik...it they bomb then they get more people on quicker therfore improving his chances of playing.

Kwea

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent e-mail. [Smile]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[Smile]

The episodes they are taping tomorrow will probably not air for a good month or so.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, good luck Joe! I hope you get on, because that would be really excellent! Plus, I'd get to brag to my husband's Grandma that "I sorta know that guy." Can you get it to air on a Thursday? That's when we have dinner at her house.

Put in a good word, okay? : D

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to be at home on Saturday. I doubt there would be any sinkhole questions anyway.

Good luck!

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll tell you what, I'm pretty good at trivia shows, but by the time they get to their "phone-a-friend" question I'm usually stumped.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

When they do the audience poll for a question, is everyone required to answer or can you abstain if you really don't have a clue?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to hear how this goes! [Smile]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I'll be they aren't "technically" required to answer, since anytime just one person doesn't answer they'd have to stop everything to figure out who it is. They may say each person should vote, but there's no way to enforce it.

BUT, most people would answer just to feel like they are a part of what's going on, which is not smart.

zgator
Member # 3833

I've wondered how many people would put in a wrong answer in the hopes that the person on stage would lose quicker. The faster they lose, the faster someone else gets a shot.

[ January 14, 2005, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I don't know. I'm assuming the audience isn't made up of people who are going on the show, although a few of their family members may be there. That small number is probably likely outweighed by the other votes.

I'm also assuming that the spectators would like to see someone win big.

[ January 14, 2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So -- have we already done a practice run? Like somebody in chat type in a question (maybe from your Trivial Pursuit game) and see how fast everyone can answer?

I mean -- if we really know the answer, we shouldn't even need the four choices -- it just serves to confuse and make you doubt the right answer..

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Ooh, good point! Maybe they say you have to read the whole question? Maybe the amount of time you get is with the assumption you'll read the whole thing.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
He is going to let us know by 10 am if he will be on for sure,
Is that Eastern Time? or Central? What is Florida?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well -- sure the contestant has to read the whole question -- but that doesn't mean whoever is using chat has to do the whole thing.

FG

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I'll bet it takes at least thirty seconds to read the question and type the first part. But it's worth a shot.
Icarus
Member # 3162

All times are Eastern.

Sorry if I don't get back to all questions, but a lot of hectic things are going on. Some of the questions that have been asked are answered in prior posts of mine in this thread, but I have so much going on in my head right now that to answer, I'd have to go look it up again myself.

One thing to consider . . . if you e-mailed me, and your real-life name is not evident from your e-mail . . . it'd be pretty embarrasing to have to say, for instance, "I'd like to call zgator. Yes, zgator. He's a real good friend. His name? Well, I don't actually know it . . . "

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When they do the audience poll for a question, is everyone required to answer or can you abstain if you really don't have a clue?
I always wanted to be the 1% of the audience giving the obviously horribly wrong answer.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay. [Smile]

I'm focusing in on this for the rest of the night. Anybody feel like pretending?

If so, what I'll do is play the PC game. When I get to a question I would phone a friend on, I'll call whoever's up for this. If it's somebody who wants to try relaying the question, they can try that--be it through aim or whatever. I'll time and see if we come in within thirty seconds.

So if anybody else has nothing better to do on a Friday night . . . [Smile]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay. I will call at least once before nine.

[Smile]

AIM people, I intend to call someone who has claimed to have a specific amount of knowledge . . . I have people who have volunteered to be on AIM, but who is going to relay the questions?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Goody, what's your last name? (e-mail if you don't want to say here)
Icarus
Member # 3162

I have full contact info for:

Sara et. al.

Trisha

Leonide

kwea

goodyscrivener

Bob . . . I'll have to check again to see where you will be?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Trial One to Sara: success!!

[Big Grin]

Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Could she answer the question?
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*dances

[ January 14, 2005, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, missed this. Good luck!
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, you haven't missed it yet . . . do you have a strength? Want to be added to the list?

The game is tomorrow . . .

We are pretending tonight.

-o-

Where do we stand:

Alucard?
Chris?
fugu?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I edited out a bit of strategy above, as I'm not sure how frank we are going to be in print. let's just say that I had a little help. [Wink]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I hadn't thought of it, but that's a good idea.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Icky, I am home...give me a ring just to say hi and get use to my voice if you want...I should be here for a little bit, possibly for the rest of the night.

I spoke to my boss, so I have the day off tommorrow. He rocks, and he wishes you well...although he thought it was pretty funny that I continualy refered to you as Icarus.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ January 14, 2005, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

okay, kwea, I'll try to call you before 9.

er, I forgot to hit SUBMIT and I'm talking to you now . . .

[Embarrassed]

Icarus
Member # 3162

"Hi, are you icky?"

::shakes fist::

[Razz]

Kwea
Member # 2199

[ROFL]

That was funny......

I got one wrong, but it was Entertainment...I once spent 2 hours trying to get one stinken' pink pie piece....lol....

I am better at it now, but it still isn't my strong suit, as I don't watch a lot of TV.

Jenni does though, but she didn't hear the first choice he read...so I will be repeating the choices to her from no on.

That is why it is a good thing to work out the bugs tonight.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah!

We got one right! And it was another entertainment question too!

[ January 14, 2005, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.