FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lifelines: I am OUT :-( (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Lifelines: I am OUT :-(
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Lombardi seems too obvious. Starr?
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my first thought with Jack Benny was clarinet, which wasn't a choice...and then I realized I was thinking of Benny Goodman. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
No to Starr.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Which of the following is not one of the middle names of England's Prince Charles?
A) Arthur
B) George
C) Albert
D) Philip

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
In 1993, the first U.S. advertisement to appear on a vehicle traveling in outer space was for a what?
A) Movie
B) Computer
C) Soft Drink
D) Car

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
On the 1960s TV Show "The Avengers," who gave John Steed his orders?
A) Higgins
B) Mother
C) M
D) Number One

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
What war-torn country serves as the primary setting for the 1984 film "The Killing Fields"?
A) Thailand
B) Vietnam
C) Cambodia
D) Laos

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Catch a crab is a term used in what sport?
A) Diving
B) Rowing
C) Swimming
D) Surfing

Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, so far I have the following people who have confirmed and given me contact info:

• The Utah Clump: point person, Ruth

• Claudia Therese

• Megan

and . . . that's it? The best I can come up with on Hatrack is three friends?

Ketchupqueen, are you in or out?

Anybody ever hear from fugu?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Actually, for that matter, I don't think I have your contact info yet, CT, do I?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Gee, I'm glad I bumped this thread nearly three weeks ago . . . [Grumble]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I can't stand by, Icarus, but good luck!

We want you to be a millionaire. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

So, um, two lifelines. [Frown]
HectorVictor
Member # 9003

- posted      Profile for HectorVictor   Email HectorVictor         Edit/Delete Post 
Football: Lombardi is correct (I'm a big Green Bay Packers fan, and he was the Packers' coach during the years they won Superbowl I and II).

Advertisement: Soft Drink, it was Pepsi.

I forgot to say that I am fairly confident in sports, as I play baseball and watch basketball, football, and baseball on the "tele." (Espanol) However, my guess on the "catch a crab" one would be in diving, but I am not fluent at all in any of those sports (I do know what all the strokes of swimming are, but who wouldn't?)

Oh, and I know NOTHING about 60's TV shows, or anything like that. However, I'm not sure if those timeframes are going to fit into my fairly unknown schedule...

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Not Lombardi, not Pepsi, not diving.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I thought it was just Utah people fo rsome reason. I am not sure how much of a help I would be, though, but if you need me, i will be here.
I am so sorry I did not realize it before.
I do know one of Prince William's names is Arthur, and i actually think he IS King Arthur, the Once and Future King, but I don;t think you want my fantasies...
And The Killing Fields was Cambodia, Khmer Rouge, right?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, of all the questions you have posted today, the only ones I am reasonably sure of are:

The Killing Feilds = Cambodia

Jack Benny = violin (Although, if I recall correctly, he didn't play it "regularly." He would just hold it and threaten to play it.)

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Elizabeth, as of right now, I only have two lifelines, so, send me an e-mail with your contact information and tell me what your strengths are, and if I get it in time, I'll use it.

(btw, you do know that I don't live in Utah, right?)

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm useless with most of those questions. The only one I knew for sure was The Killing Fields, and that only because I watched it in the last year or so.

The biggest problem Fahim and I have with being lifelines is that the call would inevitably be while we're sleeping, and it takes longer than 30 seconds to wake up and be halfway intelligent. [Frown]

Fahim says he'll volunteer as long as it's not during the daytime for you. [Roll Eyes] Although Fahim did admit that being disturbed in his sleep would end up in him being grouchy and irritable and I'd be on the receiving end. [Frown] Yeah, not so good.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

my cell: 407-361-3760

[Angst]

Icarus
Member # 3162

my cell: 407-361-3760

[Angst]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, looking better now. [Smile]
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, looking better now. [Smile]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd help you out, Icaro, but I sleep when normal people are awake, between about 10 am CST to about 8 pm...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like Icky might've cloned himself, so he might just have all the help he needs. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, we're all out . . . no need to wait by the phone anymore.

Thanks just the same. :-/

quidscribis
Member # 5124

That sucks. [Frown]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] rats
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Oh, I'm sorry, Icky. [Frown]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] There's always another day.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, I expect I'll audition in New York again this summer, like I did last summer. There's always another day . . .
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you do, you would be pretty darned close to Massachusetts...
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Good attitude about it, though. Good luck this summer!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that Icarus--what happened?

I'll definitely be interested in being a lifeline for you in the future; maybe next time we can get the OH/IN clumps together and make an unstoppable triva juggernaut.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

This plan, I like verrrry much. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
I'm sorry to hear that Icarus--what happened?

Nothing happened; there was never any guarantee of making into the pool. Last year, of the five of us tha tried, two of us made it into the pool, so I felt good about our odds of one of us getting that far this year.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. I just don't know much about how the whole process works.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.