FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon 3 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: WenchCon 3
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Things I learned from WenchCon:

I was a dishrag when I was young and pretty. Probably still am, just a more talkative, bitchy dishrag. [ROFL]

Dancing is fun. I used to dance all the time. I studied Ballet, and loved to go to dances in college, but time passed and I just forgot.

I don't like it when I talk so much. It's artificial somehow. I don't enjoy it when things seem gossipy, and trying to make ity less gossipy doesn't really work.

I like everyone, really. I enjoyed every person who has ever attended a WenchCon, even though I sometimes act playfully annoyed about it.

Ben is still a Butthead. [Taunt]

It's really sad to find a group of like-minded people knowing that very soon time and space will separate you. I wonder if my soul will stay as full of fellowship as it feels now, when the goodbyes last longer.

And my husband is a saint to put up with this mayhem every year. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Megan was also in a room with Emma and me and handled Emma quite a lot. Trevor, you may be next...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
And Olivia, your husband is a saint. You and I are very lucky women.

Poor Lindsay. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Olive - your husband is a saint because he still lets you go even after you were impaled on a sword and then impaled yourself on a tree branch. [Taunt]

KQ - ya know, what is a few germs between friends? Besides, I don't often get a chance to launch babies through the air...oops...you did know about that, right? Um...sorry? [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Because our hearts are pure, we have the strength of ten wenches, plus two.

I love that cartoon.

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
KQ and Morbo, it's all good. I think it may be a sign that I should chill out and sleep tonight. I tend to keep illnesses down to a bare minimum length, so it shouldn't go too badly for me. I do have to say though, for the first time in my life, I was almost sick on a plane flight (and that's a new one for me; usually I have a stomach of iron when it comes to turbulence, cars, roller coasters, etc.).
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Hey, kq! Great pics! Were you the one who took a pic of my Grevious Wound? I'd like a copy if I can get it. I must milk my victimhood.

There was some vocal squeaky going on with Ben and Lindsay, but it seemed to improve. Those who shared the water at the Cantina... who's sick and who's okay?

Then we ate my pie with spoons, right out of the plate. Probably about as sanitary as moist kisses, only with a lot more calories [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

quote:
And Olivia, your husband is a saint. You and I are very lucky women.

Poor Lindsay.

[ROFL]
Megan
Member # 5290

I have a picture of your wound, which I plan on posting as soon as I get to the posting bit. I have a long shot and a close up. [Big Grin]

And I shared no water with anyone; I'm pretty sure my sickness came from KetchupPrincess, poor little thing.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, the good news is, even I, who take illnesses very hard and long, am almost recovered. So it won't be more than a week if you've got it, and probably less than that for most of you.

I am washing some of Emma's new clothes right now. Thank you so much, Judie and Olivia! It's always so neat to have clothes with a story!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

To clarify, Olivia, I was in charge of Megan's camera for a bit, that's when your wound got photographed.
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
I shared the Water of Doom- actually, I have to admit to instigating it- I went and got it and forcibly passed it around to everyone, so I apologize. All the things they've been trying to beat into my head in nursing school about germs must go out the window when the dancing gets hot. I'm fine, of course, because my steel immune system hasn't let me get sick in about a decade.

KQ, loved the pics! I get so excited to see the pictures, but then it just makes me miss you guys so much! Can we do this more often than annually? Please?

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lime! Geez, I almost forgot about that check. I was so tired by then It slipped my mind. Actually, five would have more than covered your share of the Meeting room, which came out to $1.50 per person, give or take. Negligible, really, though if I'd been stuck with the whole bil it would have stung a bit.

Hey, could you email me your mailing address so I can send you your change?

Pfft, I say! $5 isn't worth it. Besides, I'm sure that you and Andrea both deserve a little compensation for the organization you did. Go out on the town! Buy yourself another margarita. [Evil]
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
or two if you want to be drunk the entire week.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

Be sure and film the resulting Operetta, Olivetta, for posterity's sake. [Wink]

quote:
Can we do this more often than annually? Please?
From lurker to stalker in days--only at WenchCon. [Big Grin]
Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I Don't think I shall indulge again for quite some time. Actually, I may just be getting too old to learn to drink.

But getting carded was worth it. [Big Grin] The waitress said, "We have to ask if you look under thirty-five." [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I absolutely could have kissed her. LOL

Kq, Megan - that clears it up. [Smile] I sent my picks to mackillian for Mad owl, and then tried to load a bunch to Photo bucket, but something crapped out and I had other stuff to do and haven't tried again. Plus, I named all the pics with their captions and my computer changed their order to alphabetical order, so now some of the names don't make sense. >_<

TMedina
Member # 6649

*grins* You're only four hours away Lucky - I'm sure some sort of improvised outing could be arranged.

After all, we have five people in Georgia alone.

But if you all will forgive me, I'm off the clock so I get to go grab dinner (a salad?) and then starting moving. [Razz]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Move safely, Trevor!
Mormo
Member # 5799

quote:
You're only four hours away Lucky - I'm sure some sort of improvised outing could be arranged.
Ditto. Let us know when you want to come down. Or, if we get a sudden urge for country music, we could trek to Nashville.

Maybe we could even coax Ak out of retirement, she almost came to WenchConII, does she still live in Alabama?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Pffft. That's not real country they make in Nashville. Come to Texas, I'll take you out for some real country. [Razz]
Mormo
Member # 5799

Like Louise in the movie, I try to avoid Texas. But meeting the entire ketchup royal family might change my mind! [Smile]
Megan
Member # 5290

real country...what?

o_O

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Real country. Texas is where it's at now. Not that sappy pop-with-a-twang.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Country Music?
Mormo
Member # 5799

Hmmm, gang, if we play our cards right, we could start a bidding war between Lucky4 and ketchupqueen.

Should we hold out for limos or will a 4-star hotel be enough?

Depends on how bad a case of WenchCon Withdrawal they have I guess. [Evil Laugh]

Lucky4
Member # 1420

*Tactfully ignores talk of NashvilleCon and waits for it to go away*
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

*frantically shushes Lucky*

At least play along till we get ketchupqueen to promise mopeds for everyone!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hey, DallasCon is already in the works. And lay off Lucky, she's got 5 more months of training and then she has to get a real job. [Razz] I, on the other hand, get to play with a baby all day.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am washing some of Emma's new clothes right now. Thank you so much, Judie and Olivia! It's always so neat to have clothes with a story!
Some of those clothes date all the way back to adam613 and narrativium. [Big Grin]

(That's true of the clothes I brought for Olivet's kids, too - waiting to hear if at least some of them fit. [Smile] )

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Nobody gave me clothes. hmmmph!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I have a nice sundress and hat just for you, Ben! You can get it this weekend. [Razz]
Megan
Member # 5290

I would be vastly amused to see Ben in a sundress. Really! [Big Grin]
Lucky4
Member # 1420

I think that I am now gong to demand a photo of Ben in the sundress as repayment for having received a nose blow. It's only fair.
Ben
Member # 6117

A sundress. Now that's what I'm talking about!
Mormo
Member # 5799

You still have to get Ben back for the chair carry, Lucky.

Make him wear make-up and heels to complete the ensemble, then you'll be even. [Taunt]

Or just hold something back, then he'll never know when the ax will fall... [Evil Laugh]

Ben
Member # 6117

Hey, i wasn't the only one with the Chair. And besides, that stunt fizzled out due to lack of planning for some worthwhile finale of the act. Therefore it is not worthy of retribution

[ March 16, 2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Mormo
Member # 5799

That's lawyer talk, Ben. Are you sure you're studying to be a preacher? [Wink]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Olivia's and Telp's pics and I'll be posting them later today. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked at KQ's pics, and I have to say, Emma is one adorable kid. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

We still need to upload ours.
Mormo
Member # 5799

Yes, Emma is a beautiful baby. And she was very well-behaved, too. [Smile]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I have a weird sort of slideshow on Photobucket, but I couldn't get some of the pics rotated correctly.
[Grumble]

Anyway, here they are:

WenchCon III pics, out of sequence

[ March 16, 2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Ela
Member # 1365

I can only view the first pic, then it asks me for a login password.

I don't think I like photobucket. [Razz]

I had problems viewing the last photobucket pics, also. [Grumble]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

Olivia, I only saw the first photo at that link, of Abby as Gandalf sitting down, then
quote:
Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /apache/htdocs/main/index.php on line 341
and it just keeps trying to reload, with the same error message. Not sure if it's browser specific, I use Netscape 7.2.
Ela
Member # 1365

I got the same message, Morbo, and I am using Safari.

If you then try to click on "return to album" it asks you for a password.

[ March 16, 2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I am also having problems. [Frown]
TMedina
Member # 6649

But what a photo to be stuck on. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Ela
Member # 1365

Yes, it is a great pic of Lucky. [Big Grin]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I think I hate Photobucket, too. Grrrrr
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you all had a great time.
The pics look great!
I wish I could have gone!

[Group Hug]
[Kiss]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.