FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon 3 (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: WenchCon 3
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco. I think everyone's seen him naked. As far as I know, we've only seen Lalo shirtless.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
We've seen twinky naked as well.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know that I've seen ANY hatrackers naked.

Partially clothed, yes. Naked, no.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
too bad they're just from behind. Or am I missing a set of pictures somewhere?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco got to see Zach naked... [Angst]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky's picture isn't from behind, but there is a strategically placed guitar that hides the naughty bits.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I meant Frisco's.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

KQ, that's right, I forgot about that.

But Zach isn't a hatracker per se.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes brow*

Not that he's a bad guy. Just that we don't need any more naked guys running around the 'rack. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Please, for the love of any God you choose, stop with the visuals!

[Razz]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Edit: Hey! Not cool deleting your post and making mine make no sense! [Razz]

[ March 21, 2005, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Ela
Member # 1365

Hmm, I have never seen Twinky's naked picture... [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I's not terribly memorable. [Razz] [Wink]

So, Ela, I have to tell you, the clothes fit wonderfully, and the boys love 'em. It was all I could do to get Robert to let me snatch them away to wash them. Ha!

Thank you, thank you thank you! The jeans especially have been a godsend! My boys wear them out like nothing, at leasdt when they fit long enough for them to.

BTW... I have two plastic foil-type swords that went unclaimed and a tiny weapon, which I can only assume belonged to one of the tiny figures that the design team won.

Oh, and I got to visit with Jamie and Nathan this weekend, too. Ben and Lindsay and all of us went hiking up Kennesaw Mountain (not a very hard hike, but it was plenty for the boys, anyway). Then we ate at Fudruckers. Ben and Lindsay went appartment shopping while the Novaks came back to our house. Jamie napped while Nathan beat the snot out of Ron at Halo. [Big Grin] Ron introduced Nathan to the acid-trippy joys of Katamari Damacy (sp?), which was fun.

Ben called several times trying to locate the bus station, then came back with Frisco. We hauled the boys to an amusement/arcade place. Much fun was had, and many tickets foisted on the boys. It was very generous, though I fear the boys may always be hopeful that others will give them huge amounts of tickets.

Frisco accosted me in a most ungentlemanly manner with his ticket-prize sticky-hand. I lacked the will to really hurt him, so he got away with it. I think my son Liam may have stolen a stuffed animal, or else used his "big eye" technique to get one from the lady behind the counter. Little grifter.

Then we all rode go-karts and went to eat. Nathan smashed his finger bloody at the restaurant, much to the shock and horror of all (he's fine). We parted company much later than was strictly good for the boys on a school night, but they seemed none the worse for it.

Jamie and Nathan visited us for dinner on their way to the airport last night, after having been somehow misdirected. I refuse to assign blame, though there are some people who should probably not even try to give other people directions. [Evil]

Everyone is safely home (except maybe Frisco, and I'm not sure the boy has one). Now all that's left to do is send out the odds and ends to people who left things or whatever. Then I can safely change my phone numbers and move far, far away. [Monkeys]

Nah. I love you guys. I'm just really tired. *snooze* Too much excitement for an old lady.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Let it be said that somebody really has to go out of their way in order to go the wrong way North of I-85 when coming from 316.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Old, my butt.

I had a blast and really hope we can come down again, sooner than what seems to be once a year.

I'll get around to pics today. *thinks* Yup. I don't have anything due!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I had a repeatable dream about WenchConners this morning. [Wink]

Actually, it turned into a nightmare, but before things degenerated, we were having fun. And when the people with guns showed up, I think Trevor might be proud to know that I gave Emma to him and told him to keep her safe as I grabbed the thing I was supposed to be protecting and ran away.

Megan
Member # 5290

I still want to hear about the un-repeatable dream!

[Evil]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

No. The circumstances themselves are too embarassing. Sorry.
Megan
Member # 5290

*whines*

Awwww...c'mon! You can whisper it in my ear! [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

No. Not unless you're physically here to whisper to. [Razz]
Megan
Member # 5290

doh! [Razz]
TMedina
Member # 6649

I wondered why I woke up in the middle of the night playing catch with my pillow. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Sorry I wasn't able to be proactive in your weekend guys, but this has been a very demanding month.

I'm still waiting for the other boot to drop. [Razz]

-Trevor

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Have you moved yet?
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I was in the middle of moving when the kidneys started doing the cha-cha.

The plan was to finish up this weekend, not writhe on the futon in lots of pain. Guess which one ended up happening? [Big Grin]

I've only got two more car loads of stuff which I'll probably snag tonight since I'm back to one hundred percent. Well, as close as I ever get to it. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Ela
Member # 1365

Glad your boys like the clothes, Livvy. I have a lot more where that came from. [ROFL]

I am jealous that you got to spend more time with fun Hatrack people.

And I say Pfft! to your claim of being an old lady. Come stand next to me, dearie. [Razz]

ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me for asking but...What is wenchcon? *dodges bricks*
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Check out the pictures. It's the wenches and the wench-men of Hatrack getting together for outrageously outrageous fun.
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
"wenchmen"??

Surely, there's an alternative? I know, I know, don't call you Shirley.

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmph. I suggested "man servants", but you didn't like that one. [Razz]

Not that you have a choice. Man-slave. [Laugh]

Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! She's oppressing me, did you see that? Ha, now we see the flaws inherent to the system!

Anne, thanks for your email, it was nice. [Smile]
[Sleep]

[ March 23, 2005, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Mormo ]

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I like "wenchmen". I think it has a nice ring to it.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Hey! She's oppressing me, did you see that?
Hmph. If mywhip smiley worked here, I would have used that, too. [Evil Laugh]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yes, and we used to call the young Wenches 'Wenchlings' as I recall.

To answer the question... Many years ago, our own Jenny Gardener started a thread called LotR Wenches after seeing Fellowship of the Ring for the second or third time. It ended up being some 40 odd pages of role-playing in a ficticious place called the Wenches' Tavern, where the Wenches served the heroes of Middle Earth refreshment. It was fun. We had versions of the Tavern for each movie, I think.

I saved some of them, though I think they are all gone from Hatrack now.

WenchCon started when Belle and I made plans to get together to see The Two Towers. People said, "Oh, can I come, too?" And we said, "Sure! But don't you live, like, hundreds of miles away?" "That's okay, you find us a nive hotel to stay in, and we're golden."

Something like that. I figured it would be over when there were no more movies, but this year, once again, many people (mostly Hatrackers, but not all) gathered to dress up in costumes and play together.

Good clean nerdy fun! [Big Grin]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So what are the symptoms of the wenchcon plague?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Some get nausea, headache, and congestion. Some jump straight to the loss of the voice. In some, followed by a cough.

Sorry again, everyone. [Frown]

Almost forgot: In young victims, can be accompanied by a low-grade fever.

[ March 23, 2005, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

mackillian
Member # 586

So what about congestion of the nose, sinuses, ears, sore throat, low grade fever, headache?
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i don't think the nerdcon can be blamed for all of that jamie.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Unless you touched someone's lingering snot, I don't think you have the plague. It progressed very fast, and everyone except me and Ems (I think we kept re-infecting each other) was over it pretty fast.

[ March 23, 2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah, I saw the doc this morning. It's a sinus infection. [Frown]
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
I saved some of them, though I think they are all gone from Hatrack now.
I think the last of the Wenches Tavern threads may still be around, but I ain't looking for it on my hubby's slow laptop. [Razz]

(My computer is being repaired.) [Frown]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wenches' Tavern threads:
LotR
TT
RotK

I haven't read these threads, just glommed onto WenchCon II last year and WenchCon III this year, mainly because they happened in Atlanta.
I enjoyed both Cons immeasurably. [Smile]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Yay for Morbo for finding them. [Smile]

I figured that at least one of them was still around.

I actually participated only minimally in any of them (too busy with work). My main motivation for going to wenchcon has been to see people - and Atlanta is close enough for me to drive. [Big Grin]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I realize how late this is, but Kneebyter just gave me his pictures from Wenchcon to share.

Hope this works.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Awww! Andrea and Emma were so cute!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do you know what I just realized? I'm probably going to be too pregnant to go to the next WenchCon! [Cry]
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww. [Frown]

You know, Andrea WAS pregnant at the last WenchCon...

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yup. But not, like, in her third trimester. [Cry]

I so wanted to make it a habit!

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.