FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon 3 (Page 6)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: WenchCon 3
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmph. You could at least slap him upside the head now and then when he does a really bad one. I haven't known him long enough to hit him, even virtually.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
*coughcoughCokeMachinecough*

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's been awhile since I've actually caused him any physical harm. But I actually hadn't known him that long before it happened, so I'd say you've known him exactly long enough to hit him, particularly virtually.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*virtually slaps Trevor upside the head*

*looks innocent*

It was Emma! [Evil]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
HEY! How come you get to blame things on Emma and I don't?!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Cause they're related!

And while we're virtually slapping people upside the head...

*virtually slaps Ben upside the head*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's more plausible coming from me.

*joins Megan in the virtual slapping*

*points* It was Emma again!

TMedina
Member # 6649

Pfft. Emma kicks.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

She kicks and hits and pulls hair and noses. She's multi-talented. Didn't she steal your glasses? She's permanently maimed mine.
TMedina
Member # 6649

She pawed at them once, but it was a half-hearted effort. Apparently it's not as much fun if it's not family. [Big Grin]

She did grab my shirt once or twice during some of the more colorful aerial maneuvers, but I'd call that common sense.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Apparently she had too much time away from her real Abba this weekend. Sunday, when we got in, she was so tired she pretty much went right to sleep. Monday she was catching up still. But last night, when her Abba came home, she glommed on to him and wouldn't even go to me. She refused to let him hand her to me until she was absolutely exhausted.

He thought it was cute.

TMedina
Member # 6649

*grins* She loves her abba - and being away for three days, I imagine she was quite happy to see him again.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, but by the time she went down, he really needed to go to the bathroom.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
As in real life, I was not getting Trevor's puns. Duh.

That dress was really hot. My sister kept fanning me and I even tried to lie down on the floor once, Hoping for an "Arwen Fading" picture as well as a cool spot.

But when I looked up, someone was about to take my picture and someone else was suggesting we do that scene with Aragorn and Arwen getting all snuggly in TT. I jumped up, blurring the picture amusingly. I insisted that Aragorn was actually kissing a horse. [Big Grin] Plus, my beloved would not approve of me pretending to be a horse who was smooching on Frisco pretending to be Aragorn. Erm...

That thing is velvet, and IS very warm.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

She looked so worried when I took that picture... [Evil Laugh]

I did delete it immediately, though, to my credit. [Wink]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

I appreciate your defense of my virtue, dear Lady [Smile]

Morbo, there were three sunset pictures, which I plan to email to you. I may have to zip them first.

Anybody else want higher-res pictures than the ones posted? Probably they will be better on Mad Owl, or just email and ask and I'll send 'em to ya.

Unfortuneately, the footage I had of the IMPROV seems to have mysteriously disappeared. Either I had it on the feed portion of the tape and it never recorded to begin with, or someone sneaky slipped in and rewound the tape to destroy the evidence. [Wink]

About all I had was Megan and Lucky dancing (and Lucky screaming and collapsing as soon as she saw the camera on her. [Big Grin]

All in all, not a lot of footage this year, though I tried. I got the fashion presentations (kq, no still picks of our design - I was wrapping you in foil at the time) and the Bard Contest. Too bad we didn't get to the action figure play. The categories this year were going to be Silliest, Best Reality Show, and Best Musical. It would have been a hoot.

WenchCon II attendees should be warned... we did watch the tape of your action figure play in its entirety.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
It is just flat out unhealthy how much I miss you guys!!

How nice it is to get home and find a whole page and a half of WenchCon fun to catch up on!

I LOVE WENCHCON!!! (To all the people who think writing in caps looks like screaming, THAT WAS THE POINT!)

Some time soon, I really am going to sit down and write out something to each of you, it's just been such a hectic week getting back in the groove. Rest assured, it's coming...

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I know how you feel, Lucky. I am missing you guys so much. [Frown] I wish you were all in my area, I'd cook you dinner. Every night you wanted to come.
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm on my fifth day of spring break and I've only spent a total of about half a day at home during all that time. But now that I have some computer time, I present to you: Sarah's WenchCon Highlights. Adapted from my LJ.

- Sharing a room with the Head Wench and Olivet was awesome. Our room wasn't just the "family room" like it was last year - the four of us spent time in there after we'd said goodnight to the rest of the group, just hanging out and talking and watching some of a trippy anime that Olivet had on her computer. And during the day, our room was Wench Central and everyone wanted to hang out in it. [Smile]

- Going to On the Border on Friday night and eating Olive Garden take-out and chips. [Razz] Then playing Freeze, which gave us some really amusing scenes, especially since it was pretty late by then. Then hanging out in the hot tub listening to Olivet's stories and not watching FOTR as planned. And then hanging out in Wench Central talking to Olivet and Jenny and watching the aforementioned trippy anime, and going to bed at about 6 am.

- Being woken up at some ungodly hour on Saturday morning by Jenny flipping her wet hair in my face. Yay for crazy Wenchy roommates...

- Watching ROTK for the I've-lost-track-of-how-manyth time, with the Wenches. In my cloak.

- Dressing up in costumes and taking lots of great pictures (which I will post as soon as my film gets developed). Emma as Gollum was absolutely adorable! Frisco made a great Aragorn. And Jenny and I were Frodo and Sam again, this time with matching hobbit curls. [Smile]

- Thinking of the perfect tune for one of Sam's songs from the book and winning the Bard Contest with it. I was quite proud of myself.

- Dressing Lime up in an aluminum foil Princess Leia outfit, complete with chain. o_o

- Going to the Macaroni Grill in costume and getting lots of strange looks. Signing the tablecloths with our screen names and "Hatrack Was Here."

- Going clubbing on Saturday night with Olivet, Jenny, Abby, my mom, Ben, Frisco, Morbo, and Trevor (after wandering around downtown Atlanta at midnight for a while, and dancing with the Wenches in a random Internet cafe). I've already mentioned Olivet's and my adventures in the bathroom line at the club. o_O But despite the creepy guys and the disgusting, pervasive cigarette smoke, it was pretty fun. Mostly 'cause I had a whole circle of friends to dance with, so I didn't have to worry so much about the sketchy people. Well, except for the sketchy people who were my friends. [Razz] *coughBenandFriscocough*

- Coming back from the club at two in the morning and getting into the hot tub. Then eating Olivet's insanely wonderful peanut butter pie straight out of the pan with spoons, while still in the hot tub. Yum.

- Passing someone's laptop around the hotel lobby at breakfast so we could all read and post at Hatrack. We're not obsessed at all... [Razz]

- Counting for Ben and Frisco while they tried to set a record for the number of times they could toss an (increasingly small) ball of aluminum foil back and forth within the space of one minute.

- Watching Ben and Frisco pick up Abby, chair and all, and carry her all the way to the elevator and up to the third floor. Then they couldn't think of anything else to do with the stunt, so it kind of fizzled. [Razz]

- Writing weird things ("HATRACK WAS HERE"; "All your foil are belong to us"; "Ben is a whipped sugar butt") on the white board in the meeting room, and then leaving it there for the next people who use the room.

- Going over to Olivet's Saturday night to hang out (which for me consisted of watching old Simpsons episodes while half-asleep on Olivet's shoulder). She has an awesome house. Seriously. I want a house like that.

- Being the last ones to leave, for a change. And having Olivet and Ben and Lindsay come over to the hotel Monday morning to see us off.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Abby is a butthead.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

It's just too bad that I'm rubber and he's glue.
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, Abby, Ben is a jerk. [Razz]
Or a nerd. I forget which. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Both.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(And a geek.)

quote:
She has an awesome house. Seriously. I want a house like that.

Me, too. I covet her kitchen. *eyes very tiny kitchen, which is still better than the last one, with distaste*
Ben
Member # 6117

Quit calling me names. Shame on you all! SHAME!
Megan
Member # 5290

*pelts Ben with straw wrappers*

Now, where's that sundress? Come on, get moving!

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday, cont.

Either before or after the movie, I get the opportunity to play with swords. Kneebyter was displaying his mighty cool wares. There were swords, chainmail, costumes and even odd items; I seem to remember Viking chick Barbie and an inflatable wasp. After being warned not to touch the blade, I notice fingerprints on the long sword I'm playing with. I swear, I didn't put them there!! So I'm told to wipe it off along my leg, which (judging from Olivia's sister's reaction) is a bit vulgar. I stop, and think of another brilliant but fun way to rub a sword against clothes.

"Livvy! Come over here! Let's do that pretend killing you with a sword thing!"
"Okay!" she says.
So I put the sword between her arm and her body. We're having fun. I pull it out, still fingerprints. I push it through again. But....
It pokes her.

"Ouch!"
"Oh no, did I hurt you?"
She lifts up her shirt. Blood is welling out of a little wound. I'm horrified. The sword is taken away from me. I am not to play with swords any more. Olivia's sister doctors her with a first aid kit, although Olivia protests that it's not that bad. I recommend a tetanus shot. Yes, it was that deep. [Angst]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday, after the film.

It's lunchtime. We end up ordering pizza all 'round. Sara and I retreat to our room to make her hobbit hair. I've already had mine done from the morning. Our room then becomes the hangout spot. I share my 7th grade student Hobbit drawings. Sara/Sam now has lovely curly hobbit hair. Eddie wanders by, and we decide he should be Aragorn (the hair, the face!). I get creative with makeup. I make him lie on the bed, which is where the best light is. He is willing to let me touch him wherever I wish. He ends up with a dramatic bruise, some battle scars, dirty knuckles, and blood-matted hair strands. I am inordinately proud of myself.

Back in the common room, it's costume time. For a while, things are chaotic as I distribute cloaks and costumes. Kneebyter lends us some of his costumes and swords. I make him up as a Southron. Our greatest surprise comes when KQ descends with an absolutely adorable baby Gollum. The sheen on Gollum's skin is perfect. Little Gollum even has her own suckable Precious!

We do pictures, capturing some of the best scents in the LOTR series. You can see them by following the links in this thread. Fun!

After a bit, we settle into chairs for the bard contest. I go first, with Sam's song about the trolls. Next is Judy, with a lovely rendition of one of the Elbereth songs. And then Sara, from memory, sings Sam's end-of-the-world song to a haunting tune. She wins, hands-down. Sara, did you like the prize?

Next comes Dwarven Chain Mail Fashion Show. The group is divided into 3 groups, and given 20 minutes to design a functional, beautiful, and original outfit. It was so hard to judge. Every outfit was detailed and lovely.

After that, we went to dinner at the delicious Macaroni Grill. Eddie insisted that, as the King, he should sit at the head of the table. Several of us were friendly and shared bites of some wonderful food. I drew a pomegranate on the tablecloth.

By this time, night was approaching...

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"We do pictures, capturing some of the best scents in the LOTR series."

Hm.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Like Olivia's hair, and Sara's, and Judy's. We like each other's smells.
Megan
Member # 5290

Hmm. I thought I had a picture of the forces of evil, but as it turns out, whoever was in charge of my camera at that time took a brief movie rather than a picture. I'd like to blame it on Ben, but that won't work, since he was actually one of the forces of evil. [Razz]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I didn't get a Forces of Evil pic at all. I think I was lying on the floor (on a blanket with pillows) trying to cool off. When kq started to take my picture, I realized Frisco was beside me. [Eek!] While I know that Frisco would never do anything to threaten my marriage vows, I figured lying on the floor with his hotness nearby wasn't doing them any good, so I bolted. [Big Grin]

Oh, and our room had some nifty-smelling ladies. That first night after lights out (only an hour 'til they started serving breakfast!) Jenny and I snuggled a bit and I said, "You smell nice" which had Sarah and Judie giggling madly.

Ron came up to the room about the time Jenny was having her way with Frisco. We were putting the peanut butter pie in the fridge. When we left, he said "Who was that guy sprawled on your bed?" [ROFL]

[ March 17, 2005, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Megan
Member # 5290

Here are my pictures, in (essentially) reverse chronological order. It seems you can't reorder things once you've got them in there. [Dont Know]

My WenchCon3 photos

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Wow! those are great! I was hoping there were some of Friday night. I had no batteries. [Frown]
Megan
Member # 5290

Thanks! [Smile] I told Jim the digital camera was the best Christmas toy ever. [Big Grin]
Ela
Member # 1365

Spelling alert: It's Sarah and Judie. [Smile]

quote:
Ron came up to the room about the time Jenny was having her way with Frisco. We were putting the peanut butter pie in the fridge. When we left, he said "Who was that guy sprawled on your bed?"
Actually, he was lying on Sarah's and my bed, next to the window, where the light was best for Jenny's make-up job. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

Great pics Megan! Although, I have to admit to being slightly disturbed by your apparent fetish with chopping my body off from my arms. Maybe instead of being disturbed I should just apologize for getting in the way of half your pictures! Sorry about that!
Megan
Member # 5290

I only chopped you up on Sunday at lunch...all other pics include all of you (or, ya know, all of you that was appropriate [Big Grin] )
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah, sorry. I was calling you Ela to keep me from confusing you with my sister. I know it's different spelling and all, I just wasn't sure how much of your real name you were willing to have posted on the internet (since we had some discussions about that). I'll fix it. [Smile]

Oh, and that's what I said to Ron. "That isn't my bed." Funny thing about Ron, he thinks I'm so hot that every other man in the world would want to steal me away. [ROFL]

Ela
Member # 1365

Actually, Olivia, I didn't notice that you were the one spelling my name wrong.

There you go again, apologizing for something you didn't do. [Laugh]

Ben
Member # 6117

So, Olivia, do you have any gum?
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Ela, I went back and looked, intending to change it, and discovered that I had not, in fact spelled your names wrong. [Smile] I did change 'Ela' to 'Judie' though, since I was usuing Sarah's real name and not yours. [Smile]

*smacks Ben. HARD*

YOu know, I never realized, until I told that story, how easy I was to manipulate when I was younger (possibly even now). I mean, a guy you don't like asks you for some gum... Like this:

Jerk walks up to furriously studying girl in Library: Hey, do you have any gum?

Girl: Not on me.

Jerk: But you have some back at your dorm?

Girl: Yes

Jerk: Could you go get me some?

Girl: I could. *thinks* Maybe he just wants gum, and If I give him the gum, he'll go bother someone else.

God help me, how did I ever live to full adulthood? What an idiot! *facepalm*

Megan
Member # 5290

I don't think you're an idiot; I think you just tend to err on the side of niceness, which is not at all a bad way to be. My response would've been to look skeptical and say, in my most sarcastic voice, "Um, no."
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I only gave him one piece, though, not a whole pack. At the time I thought, "I'll show HIM! He's not getting a whole pack, and not the Juicy Fruit either!" Oh, what a wee beeyotch I was, lol!

Though sometimes, I wish I was still that quiet, considerate person. I'm much more selfish now. Like, I didn't even think to offer Trevor the use of our shower when I realized he'd not been home all weekend. I remember wondering why he wated to buy a new shirt, but my brain just didn't make the connection. [Frown]

Megan
Member # 5290

To be fair, none of us offered Trevor the chance to use our showers, so it wasn't just you.
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sara, did you like the prize?
I haven't looked at it yet. I've discovered that it only fits in a CD tray, and Charlie has a slot-loading CD drive, as does Ela's computer. So I'll have to borrow Shlomo's computer at some point to check out my prize.

And by the way, as my mom mentioned upthread, it's Sarah. [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I love the pictures!

I look like a dork in most of them, but that's pretty standard.

Olivia, I think I'm glad you developed some guts since you were younger. Myself, I am very glad I've never lacked them when it mattered. Honestly, I think you would have been okay even at that age if you'd needed to.

And did you get that tetanus shot yet? It's good that you've had one 8 years ago, but I'd really feel better if you went in and got a booster.

Every time I look at more pictures, I miss you guys more! Ela, Emma is wearing her new green overalls today for St. Patrick's Day. Thank you once more!

Is everyone recovered from the plague?

Megan
Member # 5290

I'm good. As I suspected, I conquered the plague overnight (go go gadget immune system!). Jim is still sick as a dog, but that has nothing to do with WenchCon. And I miss you guys, too. Like I said upthread...AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN! It's too bad that all the currently-in-the-works cons are all at places and/or times that I couldn't get to. [Razz]
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Ela, I went back and looked, intending to change it, and discovered that I had not, in fact spelled your names wrong. I did change 'Ela' to 'Judie' though, since I was usuing Sarah's real name and not yours.
You could have kept it Ela; either Ela or Judie is alright, just as long as it's spelled right. [Smile]

quote:
To be fair, none of us offered Trevor the chance to use our showers, so it wasn't just you.
I wasn't even aware that Trevor didn't have a place to shower. I assumed he was staying in a room somewhere in the hotel, like the rest of us.

[ March 17, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It vaguely registered with me that he was sleeping on the floor, but I figured he'd be welcome to shower in the "guys' room" so he didn't risk girls walking in on him, so I didn't offer.

See, it's Frisco's fault! [Razz] [Wink]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.