FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why Bo Bice will win American Idol. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why Bo Bice will win American Idol.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.idolforever.com/media/mp3/BoBice-032205.mp3

Right click> Save Target As.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20X6
Member # 6447

- posted      Profile for 20X6   Email 20X6         Edit/Delete Post 
why am I forbidden? [Frown]
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Won't let me play it.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20X6
Member # 6447

You're a sucker for Jim Croche, but then who isn't
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20X6
Member # 6447

[Laugh] Croche
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. I saved it out as mp3 (the save as) - but my media players say it can't read it... [Frown]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Fix the linky, man!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope he wins!
The thing is, I really don't think he would be particularly bummed if he didn't. He has it going on without American Idol, and that shows through. He is so relaxed as a performer.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I want Anwar or Nadia to win...
I'm still mad that Amanda Avila got voted off! [Mad]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I love Anwar. He is my true favorite, but I don;t think he will win. Anwar and Bo. And I do like Nadia a lot, too. Please, though, America, vote The Nanny off tonight!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean that woman that CAN'T SING and won over Amanda Avila which is STILL pissing me off.
Amanda Avila is 10 times better than her. Her voice is TERRIBLE. ARRRRRRRRRRG.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved that performance. It was wonderful.
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
This has to be the end of the road for the NANNY. She can't sing, and she's incredibly annoying.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mikahla's gone tonight, Liz. I'd be really surprised if she makes the cut.

My favorite was Carrie Underwood's "Alone". What a voice!

If she and Bo aren't the top two at the end, there's no justice in the world. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Carrie has a fabulous voice, but she is boring to me. Still, i agree that she and Bo should be one and two, with Anwar up there somewhere.

The sad thing about Mikhaila is that she is obviously trying to tone herself down, but it is backfiring.She is a young thing, though, and she will be back again I'm sure. When she hits it right, she does have a very powerful voice.

I liked Amanda too, but overall, I think the men are better this year.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Is it not working? I've done this on other computers and its working for me. You do have to right click then click on save target as.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It worked for me.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.idolforever.com/media/mp3/BoBice-031505.mp3

The other reason why he'll win. Again, right click -> save target as.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

T, do you have "Whipping post?" That was my favorite so far.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Also, if you want to hear another contestants song, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: What night and who sang it? Sorry, I've only been able to watch a few episodes here and there.

[ March 24, 2005, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It was Bo, and I forget what night it was. It was when it was still guys' night and girls' night.

[ March 24, 2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.idolforever.com/media/mp3/20050228_Bo_Bice.mp3

http://www.idolforever.com/media/video/BoBice022805.mov

The video really shows why Bo should win, btw.

[ March 24, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I love listening to Bo sing. I can't exactly pinpoint why, but I love listening to it. I will be mad if he doesn't get an album deal, 'cause I want to listen to more of his voice.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Bo is the man! I always hoped they would get a rocker on that show. I really hope he wins. But if not, Vonzell has a very good voice. Nikko did well this week as well.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
From the links, he sounds like Joe Cocker with a little of James Taylor to smooth out the edges in a post-Eddie Vedder world.

He sounds like the perfect candidate to do an album of Joe Cocker covers. And seeing how most of Cocker's hits were covers, it would be an album of covers of covers. I'd still buy it though. [Smile]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

When I click on it, and click on save link as...., I can't play it at all. Not the new links, not the old one.

[Frown]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well, you could just go to www.idolforever.com and register (free registration) and then they have a section for "Season 4 MP3's" or "Season 4 Videos".
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Bo, but I hate the AI format. I can't wait until the contest is over... every time I see him, I just wish he could pick up a guitar, step into a really killer band, and jam on some original pieces. I think the fact that he plays multiple instruments and composes is at least as impressive as his voice. Provided he could find the right band, and if he really can write a decent song, I think he has the potential to be the only person from any season of that show whose album I might potentially be in the market for.

By the way, I loved the Jim Croce song. It was funny... I'd just replaced my Jim Croce Greatest Hits onto CD the week before that show, and I'd introduced my wife to Time In a Bottle about two days earlier. And unlike some of the judges, I found it most refreshing that someone finally had the nads to be subdued for once. I get so sick of the cookie-cutter power ballads with the one piercing high money-shot note at the end. He already proved that he has the chops, and I liked how he put the [bruce lee]emotional content[/bruce lee] above the showing off... I really thought it worked. And finally, I thought it was cool that he pulled the guitar player up on stage with him for his performance on Tuesday. I've always wished someone would do something like that, and I guess it stands to reason that he'd be the one.

[ March 24, 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Bo is awesome and he doesn't need this competition. He could quit right now and someone would just hand him a record deal.

I also love Constantine, Anwar, Carrie, and Nadia. I loved Constantine's rendition of "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family! It was awesome!

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"every time I see him, I just wish he could pick up a guitar, step into a really killer band, and jam on some original pieces."

I thought he was in one, Speed. I know Constantine is, but I thought Bo was, too.

I would love to hear some of his original stuff.

(Aside: Do you like Percy Hill?)

Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I got that impression. But I've never seen him play with a band. That's what I'm lamenting. When it's over, I hope to get a load of that, and I hope the band is as good as he is.

By the way, I'm most of the way through those CDs you sent me. I really liked the Percy Hill. It didn't hurt that they covered "King of the World", one of my favorite Steely Dan songs. And if only for "Rush Hour Traffic", It would have been well worth having. However, while I like Percy, I love Railroad Earth. I'm listening to them right now, and they're really hitting my groove button. I'm digging them like mad. They're sure to enter my favorite list. Thanks immensely for turning me on to both of those bands.
[/derail]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

OH, GOOD. They FINALLY got rid of Macala and not Nadia.

*whew*

*relieved*

because she really, really can't sing that well >.<

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, I keep thinking Bo would do great in a band, provided he can write some totally sweet songs to go with his voice.

Oh, and I hate Constantine. He just doesn't have the same natural charisma as Bo does. And he comes off as a poser.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

Syn, for those of us in a later time zone, would you mind putting SPOILER on your posts like that, please? AI won't be on here yet for another hour.

Not that I'm going to watch it now, since I know the results. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

sorry ^^
I just caught the end because watching the whole thing is painful.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yay, Mikala is out!

(Aside: Speed, I totally forgot I sent you RRE! They are amazing! Bob S. loves them, too)

[ March 24, 2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the band sites for Bo and Constantine:

Bo Bice and Sugarmoney

Constantine Maroulis and Pray for the Soul of Betty (frame site)

So far, my personal favorites are Bo, Nadia, Anwar, and Constantine. However, Carrie and Nikko impressed me with their performances last Tuesday night.

Yay, Nadia!!! Phew.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bo is a ringer! Big time.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I going to second the love that Bo is receiving. The man has a wonderful voice and an easy in-your-livingroom charisma that is magical. Constatine on the other hand has a weak tinny voice and simply grates on my nerves.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

His songs are really good on the website. One way or another, this will boost his career. or will it? Could the contract hinder him in some way?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. I had a different link for Bo's band - for a differnt Band name...

Blue Sued Nickel

Does he play in more than one band?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Constantine grates on my nerves as well.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Farmgirl, he has a more recent band. he left that one to go back to school.

(wow, see how quickly my groupie skills work? sort of scary)

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh my.
Jessica and Anwar in the bottom two and Anthony and Scott stay in?
Hello?
America?

jeniwren
Member # 2002

Yeah, my money was on Anthony getting voted off this week. I wasn't unhappy about Jessica getting the boot though it surprised me. She's got a great voice, but I hate watching her perform. Part of it is her fashion choices, part of it is that she reminds me too much of Diana DeGarmo.

The office bet was that the bottom two would be Anthony and Scott. So much for our accuracy.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I like Anthony. He is cute.
But, they better not vote off Anwar because I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HIM.

urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Bo almost didn't make it tonite.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I was thinking about the reason.
He committed a Rock n Roll Sin.
Freebird is a sacred song. He sang it to get points, and it backfired. It is not a song to be sung lightly.
I am so glad he made it through. I love Nadia, though, and dang it, Anthony sqyeaks by again.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I still want to know why my windows media player won't play these though...any ideas?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You mean the songs from last night?
Hmm.
Sometimes MediaPlayer can be finicky if you have another program open. Try closing everything else down.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.