FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why Bo Bice will win American Idol. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why Bo Bice will win American Idol.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been rooting against Scott for weeks now. Although, I'll admit hes been getting better. Bo is still my favorite. It seems Randy has taken a liking to him.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to have an excuse every week for not watching the results show, so I'm going to ask again this week.

Who was voted off today?

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Constantine
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
This was a shocker. Why is Scott still on this show?
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to ask. I tried to watch American Idol this week. I was, once again, unimpressed. Too many people who sing flat when they only have to sing one song. That's crazy. If you want to be able to sing concerts on your own then you need to be able to handle two minutes on pitch. But that isn't the point.

Tonight, when Constantine was voted off the island, Paule cried. Hard. What is the deal with that? I didn't realize the "objective" judges were supposed to be emotionally invested in particular contestants.

Once again, I have been turned off to this show. Maybe I will give it a one week shot again next season, but only if they get rid of Paula and Randy and perhaps try a couple of judges who won't just tell every single contestant they are awesome and actually try, what's it calle?, judging.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
What? Constantine? Geez, I need to start voting!

Why on earth is Scott still there? Ugh.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, well, I am glad you mentioned it. It was a bit weird, and not good timing. And then she was all over his mom. The show is on the hot seat for paula having an alleged affair with a contestant(a couple years ago?) and the voting being skewed.
I will see if I can find a link.

edit, my post is in response to p-shore

[ April 27, 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050428/ap_on_en_tv/tv_american_idol_abc_5
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thank you, Kayla. I completely forgot about finding a link.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this since I didn't read it all but Constantine is on MySpace here
http://www.myspace.com/constantinemaroulis
and on that page you can also find a link to his band's website

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap. I didn't know the devil existed, but I can't deny it now because Scott is clearly in league with him. How could he not be in the bottom three?

I was surprised that Constantine was voted off just because I thought he had the teenage girl vote going for him. But his song was pretty awful last night. Sounded better tonight though. Funny what no pressure can do to you.

I guess now Bo is probably in an even better position, since there's no one to split the rocker vote. He and the Russian kid will probably split Constantine's demographic, based upon whether people were voting for him based on the music or the cuteness.

Anyway, I am once again completely stumped by Scott's bulletproof arse. Really, what's the deal here? That white trash everyman appeal can only take you so far. There's got to be some kind of supernatural involvement at this point.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Seriously, Scott has been doing soooo badly the past few weeks!
Ever since he stopped singing what he was actually good at (motown type stuff)
He really should have gone home instead of Con!!! [Roll Eyes]
People voting are goofy.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that was worth watching. Lordy me, Constantine?!

He sounded much better tonight. There aren't very many of the songs that have been sung this season I would love to have in a studio cut. Two of them, though, are Constantines. I loved his Bohemian Rhapsody, and *embarrassed*...but his David Cassidy song too. It grew on me.

As of next week, I start voting.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*embarrassed*...but his David Cassidy song too. It grew on me.
I loved that one! That was the night I fell in love with him! [Wink]

Sadly, I can't vote because my phone is weird and doesn't call certain numbers. Also because Tuesday nights are busy and I only get to see the show if I remember to tape it.

I'm sad to see Constantine go. Scott better leave soon or I think there will be an uprising.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, last night the American people proved what I have been saying for years: they are smarter than the main stream media gives them credit for. Though I am ready to see Scott go, watching Constantine get the boot was gratifying.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh, a major chink in Bo's armor just popped up.
quote:
A typical day in the life of a Fox intern: make coffee, make copies, conduct background checks on American Idol contestants, call down to the deli for lunch...

ADVERTISEMENT

At least, we're assuming it must be the interns who screen Idol wannabes for potential criminal records--otherwise, how to explain all the contestants with skeletons in the closet who somehow slip through the cracks?

Long-haired crooner Bo Bice is the latest Idol contestant to fall prey to the skills of the super sleuths at the Smoking Gun Website, who unearthed Bice's arrest records for felony cocaine possession back in 2001 and marijuana possession in 2003.

In fairness to Fox's background checking department, we were only kidding about the whole intern thing. The network claims it knew all about Bice's drug busts ahead of time and that it doesn't care. (We paraphrase.)

linky

Well then again he is a rocker...

Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason Bo wasn't removed from the competition as others were, is becasue he notified the people at fox of his criminal record. This was jsut after he made it through the first round. I know that link is somewhere around here....
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh my God! A rock star who smokes pot and does cocaine!
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Yes, surprising neh?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You're KIDDING! I am just APPALLED.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Scott off the show = End of torture.

Finally!

[Party]

[ May 04, 2005, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a God after all. [The Wave]
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

Finally. It's ironic, though. Last night was his only halfway decent performance of the season. Not that anyone else deserved the boot more than him anyway, but it's funny that he would keep going after all those crappy showings and then get kicked off after last night.

I was kind of hoping it would come down to him and Anthony in the final round, just to make it absolutely clear what a joke the show is. I guess that dream's done.

But anyway, hooray. *happy dance*

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Nah, it should have been Anthony. But you know what? I bet Vonzell is voted off next week. America loves it some Anthony.
jeniwren
Member # 2002

It'll be interesting to see next week. Vonzell has gotten better. At this point I can't dislike any of them, but it would just be wrong if Bo and Carrie aren't the top two.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I don;t know...a couple of Vonzell's songs were wonderful too,, and she has really impressed me, a lot more than Carrie has done the last few weeks.

Then again, I didn't see this weeks show at all.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott kept his place the week before because of the underdog appeal when Simon said "Pack your bags." At least that is what we think at our house. Then he experienced the whiplash. I was still a little suprised, because he really did play up the underdog card on tuesday when he sang "On Broadway" and pointed at Simon.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Anthony to be gone. Much better singers and performers have been voted out than he is.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Well, Scott being gone makes me happy!
Last week was not a good week for me, TV-wise. First Constantine goes (he wasn't the best but I adored him) then my really guilty pleasure America's Next Top Model gives my favourite one the boot! Poor Michelle!!

Scott stinks! Yay!

Speed
Member # 5162

Okay, I'm here at work looking for some spoilers. Anyone know what happened yet?
Kayla
Member # 2403

Yup. It's over here. Has been for an hour.

NEXT POST HAS SPOLIERS!!

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

SPOILER!!

Do the initials AF mean anything to you?

Speed
Member # 5162

AAh, gracias.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Justcice, finally. i really thought it was going to be Vonzell, not because she deserved it, but because Anthony seems to get so many breaks.

I have decided I want Vonzell to win, because Bo will be happy and famous no matter what at this point.

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm not really into AI, but I am just curious, did Anthony get voted out? I'm at work and I don't have cable.(as some may already know [Big Grin]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Yup, Anthony got the boot this week.
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any info about what Vonzell was so upset about on Tuesday night?
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

For some weird reason, Vonzell reminded me of Evangeline Lilly tonight.

And what was with Bo Bice and the cross tonight? For those on the west coast, watch the song he sings without the band and the couple of shot right at the end of the song. Isn't that weird? Sub-conscious, or did they do it on purpose?

Traveler, http://dailynews.yahoo.com/s/pagesix/vonzell39ssecret

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bo was incredible tonight, cross or no cross. I am already a groupie.
Kayla
Member # 2403

Yes he was.

I was very disappointed in Carrie. Every one of her songs just did nothing for me.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, Bo is a ringer. He has been performing live for many years. She will do very well in her career, I am sure, she is just green.
Kayla
Member # 2403

No doubt. I like her a lot. Just don't think there is a lot of emotion in her singing.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, I have had wine.
I can't stand her!

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
??? Carrie seems like a she's made of wood.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

I hated the song Randy Jackson picked out for her. Yes, it's country, but pit her up against Shania? Sorry, it was sandbagging. Shania has a very different, distinctive lower range voice. Plus, the beginning of "I Feel Like A Woman" is hardly worth listening to even when Shania does it. It sounded terrible with Carrie, just barely eaking out the bottom of her range.

I'd have picked out classic Heart for her. One of the 70's albums. Magic Man, or Steamboat Annie.

Based on tonight, though, Bo should win. That acapella song was incredible. He did the Elton John song beautifully. Paula should be ashamed of making him sing the Rolling Stones, though. It was forgetable.

The only one of Vonzell's I really liked was the one Simon picked out for her. I like On the Radio anyway, but she really kicked it. It was excellent.

As for her being upset last Tuesday (I didn't know that), but it might have been because she had to work on Saturday. A friend of mine is a Postmaster...he said that they couldn't find a sub for her route, so she had to work. [Smile]

Speed
Member # 5162

So I missed last night's show. What was the theme?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Speed, there wasn;t really a theme, unless judges picking is a theme.
Three songs. One, they picked their own.
One, the regular judges picked.
One, the dude who markets musicians picked. (forget his name)

Bo did really, really well. I actually had chills when he sang hs first song. He sang a capella for his second, and brought the house down, and Paula picked "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" for him, which was the weakest of the three.

Kayla
Member # 2403

I agree.

And it was Clive Davis.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Elizabeth -- what was the name of the acapella song that Bo sang on Tuesday? We are trying to remember it here at work, and I can't find the title on the Idol website or anything...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, you just had to ask! I almost remember it. I will see if I can find it.

Sadder than that, I cannot remember the Elton John song he sang! Now that is pathetic.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Nevermind

I found it HERE

It is like an old spiritual. Great song. He does it so well!

Farmgirl

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.