FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Thoughts That Aren't Important Enough to Make a New Topic About (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Random Thoughts That Aren't Important Enough to Make a New Topic About
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to get my passport renewed today. It could be fun. They may not let my husband in to the Canadian High Commission with me. They do strange things here. [Roll Eyes]
-----
The medication I'm on for my ear infection is giving me nasty side effects. I was supposed to go sightseeing with my sister and her family yesterday, but couldn't because of the side effects. I won't gross you out with details.
-----
I was told two days ago that I have 1 1/2 hours at District Conference - LDS church leadership meetings - to talk to the leaders about family history. Now I have to figure out what to say to them. It's this Saturday.

Given other threads here, I may talk about sensitivity to other people's beliefs. Actually, I know I will. It obviously needs to be stressed in the world at large given the reactions that exist in that 24 page thread that I still haven't finished reading. Other than that, I'm not sure. I think I need to let the ideas formulate.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
My arm muscle and my eyelid are both twitching...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having trouble making my handout for my Roman Agriculture article presentation tomorrow. I want it to be edu-tainment, but I'm not quite there yet. I really wanted to sleep tonight, too, since I won't be sleeping much on Tuesday (my 21st birthday [Big Grin] )
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a fish today! I named it Atticus!

I'm really excited. But my roommate and I are worried about how long I can keep it alive... Oh well, I just thought I would share.

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like pants. I wish it was socially acceptable to work around in your boxers.

heh...I meant walk, but work works as well. Cause when I do work on my computer it's usually in my boxers. [Smile]

[ April 29, 2005, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
You'd probably love wearing sarongs. Cool, comfortable, and you can get a decent breeze.

-----

I still have this blasted ear infection. I'm getting new drugs today, but still. I hate this.

-----

I think I'm going to watch movies all day. My head hurts.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to do some paperwork tomorrow...that I've been putting off for weeks.

----------

I wish my friend would either get on AIM or call me.

----------

I should really get off the computer and go to bed before I get yellad at again.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What kind of fish?

My friend has a fish. I swear, it's as big as a human head.
Quite frightening. [Angst]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

We've had squid that was as long as my arm. And prawns that were longer than my hand - and I've got big hands.
Tater
Member # 7035

I let food sit out all night and eat it the next morning, because.. I'm gross like that.
My friends say that's bad for me.

This should probably be in the shocking confessions thread.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime the Apple tech wants to come by and pick up my tower so I can go to the grocery store and maybe see H2G2, that'd be just fine...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Wow, going from a 17" LCD to a 15" CRT really sucks. And I've forgotten what I wanted to get at the grocery store, so instead of going out I think I'm going to stay here and play video games until I remember what I was going to get.

Also, I created the world's most deformed pancake today. That's what I get for making a pancake too big for my flipping device in a pan unsuitable for pancake-tossing. In my defence, it was my first ever attempt at pancake creation. The next two were much better (but the recipie claimed it could make six, so I guess I just like big pancakes).

[ April 30, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I just cleaned the toilet and sink in my bathroom. It was soooo gross! But at least they somewhat resemble white now.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky: Were they fluffy breakfast pancakes or the thinner savory ones?

---------------

Writing insults and cruel characters is something I'd really like to be able to do a little better. It's always such a challenge for me to write nasty dialogue. [Mad] It takes eighteen revisions before it's even close to being evil enough!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Well, the first one was sort of a blob. It looked kind of like an omlet. But the others were the fluffy breakfast pancakes.

Also: This loaner computer's lack of FireWire ports is going to make me sad. I have 120MB disk backups of survival essentials, but I was secretly hoping to have access to the 2+GB of documents I have backed up on my iPod...

[ April 30, 2005, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the argument "sex is a hunger, and it's healthy to feed it" can be taken to silly levels. People can have all sorts of hungers, many of which are natural, and yet can be dangerous to others and themselves.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelegius
Member # 7868

- posted      Profile for Pelegius           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A friend of mine buaght tow identical small fish and named them Romulus and Remus. He could't tell them apart, so he decided that whichever died first would be Remus. [ROFL]
Posts: 1332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I may not have a TV this summer for SciFi Friday's summer season premiere [Frown]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I played with airsoft guns today. It was fun.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

We just watched Electra. It was cool!

I even got an idea about another story from it. [Big Grin]

Carrie
Member # 394

Sigh. It's finals week, my roommates are crazy-studying and I just don't care anymore. I'm bored.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Remember that idea I got from watching Electra?

Well, I didn't write it down. So now, it's gone. [Grumble]

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you watch it again?

I can't believe I only have 6 months of law school to go!!

... and I'm really only posting so I can see my post count, cos I'm too lazy to search for any other posts I made.

Oh and Goat loves me.

[ May 08, 2005, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

- posted      Profile for Kiwi   Email Kiwi         Edit/Delete Post 
*posts to try out new sn*

... Mm, I like it. Sorry for using your thread like this Goat. I knew you wouldn't mind.

Stop making me feel like pizza!

[ May 08, 2005, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Kiwi ]

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yeah, I'm gonna hafta watch it again if I have any hope of remembering it. But wisps of it came back last night in a hazy daydream of sorts.

-----

I got my new passport. I was expecting to get one of those fancy dancy new passports that are machine readable and have the pictures printed onto the paper, but I guess they don't do that through the High Commissions. I got the old style, photo glued in, laminate over top, not machine readable.

As long as it's still valid, I guess...

Tater
Member # 7035

The new Burger King/Star Wars commercials are hilarious!

"I am.. your uncle!" [Big Grin]

And there's a good M&M/Star Wars commercial out there.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

I haven't seen any of them.

------

We finished season four of CSI last night. Today, we move on to CSI: Miami, seasons 1 and 2. Hopefully, by the time we're done those, we'll have season five of CSI the original, or CSI: New York, or more CSI: Miami, or something. Cuz we need our fix. [Angst]

-----

I need to learn how to have fun with writing again.

Tater
Member # 7035

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/mms.html

The M&M one? I don't have Quicktime, so I couldn't see it, but maybe you can. [Smile]

http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=humor&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fus.mms.com%2Fus%2Fmpire%2F

maybe that? [Dont Know]

I give up. [Frown]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Ducktales theme song stuck in my head.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I have a splitting headache. Hence the insomnia. [Grumble]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I love my new Poang chairs... they're so comfy!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel gross. Like every bit of food I've ever eaten is trying to cclaw it's way out of my every pore. I think I ate dinner too fast. After my ccanoeing pracciccce. And our regatta is on Saturday.

And my cc key seems to be sticcky.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I slammed my fingernail in the door today...it's turning an interesting shade of mauve...
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I spent most of the day getting poked, prodded, x-rayed and otherwise examined by doctors trying to figure out why I am having such a hard time breathing when the pneumonia is clearly out of my lungs.

There are some blood-pullers that need to experience the torture they mete out.

*grrr*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to an image (I'm testing something, and figured this would be as good a thread as any.)

Ignore me, please1

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working too much. Wah, wah, wah!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Oh come on, Nato, we can't ignore that!!! Me likey!
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I have become frighteningly nonproductive at my job. I'm starting to be seriously afraid that they'll find out and fire me.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* I hope things work out, Stray.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a piece of metal buried two feet underground in my backyard. At first I thought it was a shuriken, but upon closer inspection I found that it was an oriental madallion. I found someone at church a bit ago who was able to identify the language of the inscriptions as chinease.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
Is synesthesia real?

It tastes a little fishy.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
What you dug up sounds more like a chinese coin. Is it round with a square hole?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I was thinking of a name for a blog and I was thinking "horses mouth" might be good but it was taken, so I looked into "horses lips" and it turns out it takes me to "Horse Slips" . Okay, it's not quite as funny as the picture you probably got in your head when you first saw that phrase.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

"Incorporating modern design and application techniques, Horse-slips™ are an exciting new development representing the future of equine hoof care."

Am I the only one that laughed?
Okay, maybe horses are important to some people. *shrug*

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking more along the lines of bird diapers. Horse slips. Animal underwear in general. But I when I saw the website I did think of some of James Herriot's ferrier stories and also King of the Wind and The Horse and his Boy. I used to draw horses a lot. Before I moved on to Centaurs.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anastasia
Member # 8159

- posted      Profile for Anastasia   Email Anastasia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
I'm guessing you don't get a hangover (or DUI ticket) for playing sour candy games.

No, but you can get a VERY swollen and painful tongue.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

The Horse and his Boy.

I just read that. [Smile]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm wondering what kind of language chinease is. I mean, I've heard of Chinese, but chinease? Is it like sign language but with a chin instead?
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Select a simple "smile" smiley on Yahoo!Messenger. It looks like one of its eyes is lower than on the normal smiley, while the other one's ok and keeps blinking from time to time.

This is a simple smile, btw: [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
I'm wondering what kind of language chinease is. I mean, I've heard of Chinese, but chinease? Is it like sign language but with a chin instead?

It's the simplified form of Mandarin...
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.