FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: Michael Jackson: The Lost Prison Tapes

Author Topic: New column: Michael Jackson: The Lost Prison Tapes
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Jackson: The Lost Prison Tapes

In the culmination of the most star-studded, avidly watched trial of the century this month, musical phenomenon and alleged pedophile Michael Jackson was completely acquitted of all counts. I hope you won't think less of me when I say I'm disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, it's not because I think he was guilty of child molestation, giving alcohol to a minor, the deliberate release of "HIStory," and the other equally heinous charges. I have absolutely no clue if he did any of it - I'm pretty sure I wasn't there, unless someone got me really drunk -- and so I have to assume the jury found sufficient reason to doubt the accusations. Fair enough.

Nor is it because this verdict was a surprising, almost unprecedented refutation of the most hallowed law of American jurisprudence, "Dude's a freakjob with a monkey, right? Of course he's guilty!" (Cited by Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 2002, United States v. That Guy Over There).

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Gangsta Pop."

Oh my, oh my.
I have such an imagenow, Chris, and I am not thanking you for it!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
you wrote those lyrics?? Oh my, that's hilarious!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't claim "Gangsta Pop" as my own, although I did think of it before I knew it had been used already. I found references to that term online, but not in any official or widespread way. Still, if Michael took it up...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Your article has the most interesting Google Ads . . .
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Peace Corps?
Paid to Take Surveys?
Volunteer with Biosphere?

OK, I want those related to Michael Jackson asap.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
How about the ads for this page?

Sex Crimes Defense Team
Criminal Defense Attorney Free Consultation - Avoid Jail

Right next to:
Unique bulletin boards
Elegant boards with hundreds of frame options!

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, that was one excellent column! I could almost hear him singing! [ROFL]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so surreal. I am watching the episode of The Simpsons where the man pretending to be Michael Jackson is in the nuthouse with Homer.

That was great!

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Father Time
Member # 7985

- posted      Profile for Father Time   Email Father Time         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris--great article and love the lyrics! When is your album coming out?
[Party]

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee Hee.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.