FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack username dictionary (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Hatrack username dictionary
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it true that all Real Hatrackers must be able to trace a line to Slash, who came up with the realness criteria?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the way it works.

And it's not hard if you live in almost any major city in the US. Or can arrange to visit one and have a few hours to meet up with some folks from there. Or attend an OSC event. Or a clump gathering or con. Or... [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought all Real Hatrackers can trace a line all the way back to the Cards.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Nope. I think it has to do with the first Hatrack gathering five years ago. No Cards attended it.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But hadn't one or two of the people there met them?
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. Slash isn't even around Hatrack anymore to enforce the rules. I say what the heck, call yourself real.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, also, if you meet two Real Hatrackers before registering on Hatrack, when you register you are Instantly Real.

My husband and daughter were Instantly Real when they joined.

Tammy
Member # 4119

But are these rules you're spouting "official"?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Tom & party. . . you must be connected to the main group by two real Hatrackers to become real, there are no islands of realness out there.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Nobody will admit it, but there is definitely a Hatrack royalty.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any Alternate Realities?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I think I'm going to re-register as Pinnochia. I'll never be a real girl.
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Originally posted by advice for robots:
Nobody will admit it, but there is definitely a Hatrack royalty.

Oh I hear some admitting going on, loud and clear. [Smile]
advice for robots
Member # 2544

I don't count.
katharina
Member # 827

afr is a benevolent (and self-deprecating) prince.
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
afr is a benevolent (and self-deprecating) prince.

A benevolent prince, but not necessarily a Hatrack Prince. [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. I'm definitely Hatrack royalty. So is ElJay. Slash was, too.

Cope with it. [Smile]

The word "real" in this context specifically means "can trace a line back to the first Hatrack gathering in SoCal through at least two other previously real Hatrackers."

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Royal Hatrackers

(Me, I'm a lowly peasant [Big Grin] )

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You're actually an upstart.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Et voila.
katharina
Member # 827

She can't last.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Wow. Actually getting a direct response from King Tom is exhilarating. :)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
She can't last.

It's true. I feel myself tiring.

But I doubt that I'm an upstart; my Ma always told be "Don't start up anything."

I always listened to my Ma.

Tammy
Member # 4119

Keep plotting Tante, you’re definitely in a fine position to usurp.
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow. Actually getting a direct response from King Tom is exhilarating. [Smile]

Treasure that post always.
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Overthrow the current regime!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

*Puts it in fireproof lockbox along with Space Opera's thread about me*
Tammy
Member # 4119

That is so sweet afr.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
What if we like the current regime?
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the current regime, I was just being silly.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

:) Thank you Tammy, and kat, for calling me a prince. I wasn't fishing for attention (seriously!), but thank you.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Tom is my son's favorite Hatracker. On my son's into thread, where he asked if his Mom is cool, Tom was the only one who said "No". He also says that Tom was the only one who gave him an honest answer about whether his poetry was any good. Tom was the only one who said "No".

The rest of you betrayed him.

Thanks, guys. (well, except you, Tom)

Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Any time, Shvester. [Smile]
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, I'll just add Slash in the entry to give him credit. And as for the last post last page, there's also "M", meaning the term derives from a member's name.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

On my bad days, it seems like I'm just trying to get Royal approval with everything I post here. Neurotic, perhaps. I have no idea what to do with attention when I get it.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He also says that Tom was the only one who gave him an honest answer about whether his poetry was any good... The rest of you betrayed him.
Hey! I gave him advice too! I didn't just smile and say all is perfect! *Grumble*
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

You know, afr, you're actually quite well-liked. [Smile]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I say I deserve royalty because I am the one from the Holy Land who's been here longest...!
TomDavidson
Member # 124

You've already met Raia, right? She's Real. Now just arrange to meet Rivka when she next visits Israel and you'll be Real, too. [Smile]
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Thanks, Tom. :) That's a relief.
ElJay
Member # 6358

CM's there now. He's real, too, so if JH meets him he's real.

But he didn't say he deserved reality, he said he deserved royalty. Which isn't conferred, it just kinda happens, as far as I can tell. If people are agreeing with Tom and counting me in, that is. I don't recall an induction ceremony or a secret handshake, at least. [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

You're Dana's sister and Bob's sister-in-law. [Smile] Insofar as there's a Royal Family on Hatrack, it's got to be that one. *grin*
ElJay
Member # 6358

That's kinda what I figured. Nice to be recognized for one's own achievements.

[Wink]

katharina
Member # 827

quote:
there's a Royal Family on Hatrack
We should start a tabloid and speculate about the potential Dukes and Duchesses.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Isn't there a "One popularity thread at a time" rule on the board or something?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

There really should be.
Besides, to get this back on track, there are a fair number of interesting Hatrack-specific words that haven't been listed here yet. [Smile]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

That's a moot point. All threads revolve around this one.
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's a moot point. All threads revolve around this one.

This man speaks true!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
There really should be.
Besides, to get this back on track, there are a fair number of interesting Hatrack-specific words that haven't been listed here yet. [Smile]

So list a few. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.