FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Aerin Amelia Marx Is Here (One Year Old!) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Aerin Amelia Marx Is Here (One Year Old!)
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M. Aerin is sooo beautiful. Thank you for posting all your news. We will continue to keep you both in our prayers. My own baby is approximately the same gestational age so I must admit whenever you post good news I just feel the joy and relief for you in a special way.
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Been a week, so I doubt anybody has missed this, so I'm unfeaturing it now. Again, congratulations.

--PJ/Pop

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
it's so nice to read longer updates at the blog, will keep watching it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
She's gained weight past her birth weight! w00t!!! [Party]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
She is such a beautiful baby! I posted a reply under the post on the blog about holding her for the first time.

May the Lord continue to bless to your family Kira.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to those who have read and posted on Aerin's blog. It helps Andrew and I to feel like we're not going through this alone and it's so wonderful to know that so many people are pulling for Aerin.

Very extra-special thanks to expert knitter breyerchic, who sent 2 super-adorable hand-knitted hats for Aerin.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] wow, I'm an expert?

Thanks, I hoped you'd like them, in mid July I knit two baby hats, one for Aerin, and one for Space Opera's baby. Aerins was pink, lavender, and white, and Operababy's is lavender, blue, green, and white, they're the same size. I entered them in the community building of our county fair as a twin set, where they recieved a blue ribbon (first place) and lots of compliments.

When Aerin was born I decided she needed another hat, much smaller, solid pink with a bow on it, I'll make the other baby one as soon as he's born (to size).

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I've bookmarked your blog. I am so happy to hear that she is getting bigger and stronger every day.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping to celebrate 1 month.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your family, and welcome to Aerin Amelia!
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
such a wonderful thread!
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I showed the blog to a nurse friend of mine who is so thrilled she is doing well. She said to say hi and that she is thinking about Aerin.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And a wonderful blog. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't she just the most adorable baby? I almost died when I saw her with that huge binkie in her mouth! SO CUTE!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, a month old already? Congratulations, little Aerin!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I just showed Mr. Opera her pictures and he agreed that she's adorable. We're both so glad to read that she's doing so well...what a strong girl!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks for remembering, y'all. It's hard to belive she's only one month old - she's come so far. Hopefully, she'll only have 2 more (monthly) birthdays in the NICU. It's so amazing that she has so many people rooting for her.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy for all of you. Yay!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I just had to bump this to say congratulations to Aerin, who drank from a bottle today! Yay! [Party]

Every time a new picture of her is up, I coo over it and Emma comes up, sees the picture, and insists on climbing on my lap, getting up, putting her hands on either side of the monitor, and kissing the baby! She's just so sweet, even an 18-month-old can't resist. [Smile]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs.M.... that is the cutest little face. I love how her hair frames it. Awwww.... and those lashes. She's just so beautiful. I am glad she is doing so well.

Yay, Aerin!

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*blinks back tears*

Just precious -

*hugs to Mrs. M, hubby and baby Aerin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That last picture of her makes her look so....old! I can't believe she's only 3 lbs! [Smile] Congrats on the milestone, I'm so glad to hear that she's doing well.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M.:

We don't have similar situations-- but Inkling spent the first week of his life in an isolette. When they moved him to a regular hospital-baby crib, it was like being able to breathe again.

Good luck.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all. I feel like you've been there with us every step of the way.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Aerin is out of the NICU and in the PCN (Progressive Care Nursery). They're saying that she might even come home before her due date. She's also moved out of her isolette (you're so right, Scott) and into a bassinet. My schedule is getting extremely hectic, with feedings and unlimited holding and trying to get the house ready and pumping all day long. I've never been happier.

In case anyone wants to check in: http://aerinamelia.blogspot.com/

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been following the blog with great interest. I read it when I'm feeling sad--it's so exciting to see her doing well. Aerin is absolutely adorable. Hooray for moving to the PCN! And for cribs, and needing less oxygen, and bottle feedings...
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Have you all noticed how big and plump she is beginning to look, compared to when she was first born?

Oh, and I can't do this in blog comments, so I'll do it here:

[Party] [Party] [Party]

[Big Grin]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]

I'm so glad she's out of NICU.

I have some clothes I bought ages ago I keep forgetting to send you - I'm hoping that as Aerin is so small they'll still fit!

(I'll try and get them in the post this week - nothing extravagent, I just thought baby clothes from Australia would be cute. [Smile] )

Edit - And that photo of Aerin on the blog is beautiful. KQ's right - proper baby chubby cheeks! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [Hat] Congratulations on coming so far, so fast, Aerin.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, your daughter looks beautiful. Glad she is doing so well. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
She's so beautiful, and she's doing amazingly well. I'm so happy for y'all. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Glad everything is going ok.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

So*, I have to share a story. Emma and I were looking at the latest pictures of Aerin (yay!) and, after blowing Aerin some kisses (which she loves to do) and talking about babies in general and a sentence or two about "our" baby, she patted my chest. I asked her what she was doing, and she looked at me, looked at Aerin, pointed, and said, "Baby na-na." I said, "Oh, is that how the baby eats?" And she said "Yeah." "And you're a big girl, so you eat your lolly, right?" "Yeah!" (Big grin, sticks lollipop back in mouth.) It was adorable. So besides sharing the wonderful Aerin news with everyone, just wanted to let you know that you're helping Emma with her transition, and eventually with the new baby coming. [Smile]
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

I'm so happy that Aerin is helping Emma, however inadvertantly! I think Emma will make a great big sister - she's so sweet and loving.

By the time Aerin is ready for a BabyCon, you might have kids, adam613. Heck, we might have another one by then.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, look at those cheeks on her! She's gonna be just fine. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I know, isn't she chubby? [Big Grin]
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

We're in the home stretch - Aerin is almost certainly coming home early next week. As in 3-5 days from today. I am spending the night in the hospital with her - a sort of dry run. I am so excited that I am almost frantic.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
!!! Oh my goodness!! That's so wonderful! It's even before her due date! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

*hugs* Congrutulations, Mrs. M. [Smile] [Smile]

[Party]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in time for Thanksgiving!!

This will give you something extra to be thankful for. [Hat]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Your package is going out in the mail today, Mrs. M! Sorry it took me so long to get the stuff sent out, I hope you'll like it [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so fanfreakingtastick. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Woot!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Party] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, this is so fantastic! Congrats!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap. Look at this coolness I missed out on! Congratulations Mrs. M!!!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow . . . reading the blog and looking at the pictures bring back so many memories.

Way to go, all of you!

That is so very exciting, Mrs. M! What a homecoming it will be!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, joy!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the pictures, she's so beautiful.

I love her name too, in fact it's now the name of the main character in the current novel I'm writing. If it ever gets published, I'll have to mention her in the acknowledgements. [Smile]

I'm glad she's coming home soon, I have a gift almost ready to send to her.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful, Mrs. M.!!! [Party]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.