FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The crib of civilization (a game) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The crib of civilization (a game)
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*Springs to attention* [Big Grin]

Yes my queen! At what time will you be requiring my.... services. [Big Grin]

*flexes his arms and smiles*

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

6PM sharp. [Big Grin]

EDIT: That would be 6 PM, Pokadoodle Standard Time, or PST (Pacific).

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on my way now, oh Godess of the New World.
*flexes muscles as he speaks*

And are there any other tasks you would set before your loyal concubine. [Hail]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment, there are no more tasks at hand for you, dear consort.

EDIT: I don't want you tired when we meet. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Oh, I won't be my queen. I won't be. [Big Grin]

All hail your divine form. [Hail]
*cracks a mischievous grin*

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Well, I'm off to the mall, I need to ship something. I'll wear my lolita dress and parasol, people stare at me when I do...But I like it anyway.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

You could walk through the streets wearing nothing but your own skin and your subjects would still respect you.

But I defer to your judgement,seeing as how all truth, beauty, and wisdom flows from your divine form.

*lowers himself to a kneeling postion and bows his head to the floor before her feet* [Hail]

Advent 115
Member # 8914

After a bit of thought, I'll pay for the wedding if I'm choosen as your King. Oh, and add to it the fact that AoD will gain a strong, just, and worthy mate.

So why don't you just skip to picking me, after all no one else has even tried to be your consort or your worthy companion. [Big Grin]

*thinking to himself* "Not that she won't choose me anyway after tonight's meeting in her quarters"

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

[ROFL]

Oh dear consort, we shall see if indeed you are indeed what you say. It's almost time!

I am worried at the thought that no one else is participating as much as they used to though.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Do not fear holy one, it is only because I sent them away so that we may be alone.
*mischievous grin*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmmm, now to wait for the queen.....

Where the heck is she!!! Her golden god awaits her.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

She's been around the place, wandering around while you made your appearance.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I've been waiting for you my godess. Shall I begin? And what would you like me to do first?

For I shall mold myself to your whim. [Big Grin]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Let's go to my private quarters:
AIM= vianeygpe

Advent 115
Member # 8914

As you command my queen...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

*is waiting, I'm just invisible, try IMing me*
Advent 115
Member # 8914

How?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'll have to do it some other time then, because I got to run at the moment. The real life needs me ASAP!
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Come back! *reaches a shading hand into thin air*

I'll get instant messaging!

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Come back, I figured out how to work my AIM!!!!

Come back!!!!

suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
*Sounds trumpet, several times.*
Nobody dare disturb this private episode!
*Sounds trumpet, several times, then leaves.*

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
I will dare! [Big Grin] For I have a question of uttmost importance (oh, great Zarak!)

Uhm... can I be the hotdog-seller?

In my spare time, I can also act as your special security force and exterminate all your enemies [Big Grin] Traitors, beware!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

oolung, you are charged with providing the necessary provisions to those in need of hot dog goodness. You may be my body guard as well, it's a great combination I must say. Your only requierment as memeber of the "Zanarkical Secret Service" is to wear a suit and sun glasses, the ear phone thingy with the wire ('cause it's cool) and you must do a body guard pose when I snap my fingers.

The Zanark has spoken.

oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Right you are!
I hear and obey you, mistress.
<puts on a suit and sun glasses>

I'll just have to stack all the hotdogs into my pockets while doing the body guard pose.
Hmmm, I could also devise some sort of clever weapon hidden in hotdogs, that would be handy...

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I have returned from the East with news that Tante is planning another rebelion, but fear not holy one, I will guard your divine form with my life.
suminonA
Member # 8757

Sumitpo communicate (pending M&MC clearance):

"In view of the last high-level summit that took place in the Palace, I’ve consulted the stars for a roughly nine-months forecast. The auspices are favourable! Great joy will come upon Pokadoodle, soon enough."
-end of communicate-

A.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmmm, what do you believe this could mean suminon?
suminonA
Member # 8757

Well, it could mean anything, as long as there is no Official Calendar (nor Official Keeper of one) appointed... [Dont Know]

Yet, the Total Eclipse that I foresee is indubitably a sign of something important. [Cool]

the Sumitpo, A.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmmmmm, this is something that should be further examined. Perhaps you could take on thiss task so that when the Zanark returns she could know of this events meaning. I am sure she would reward you for your loyal servitude.
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

- posted      Profile for Nellie Bly   Email Nellie Bly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by suminonA:
Sumitpo communicate (pending M&MC clearance):

"In view of the last high-level summit that took place in the Palace, I’ve consulted the stars for a roughly nine-months forecast. The auspices are favourable! Great joy will come upon Pokadoodle, soon enough."
-end of communicate-

A.

To be distributed to the masses: Forcast favorable. Joy.
Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

- posted      Profile for Nellie Bly   Email Nellie Bly         Edit/Delete Post 
ANNOUNCEMENT: Pokadoodle Press is now hiring. All positions are open, including editors, reporters, columnists, fact checkers, copywriters, photographers, administrative assistants, sales, and paperboys.

[This message was approved by head of M&MC.]

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
<returns from overseeing the latest additions to the enormous stone castle, designed by yours truly>

We've completed the new Hogwarts section, including the great hall with the sky-image ceiling. It is ready for your enjoyment, oh Zanark.

Next we're working more on the swimming glob in the low-g playground area, (parts of the glob keep breaking free and drenching the paintball jungle) and certain of the 4-d secret passageways connecting distant parts of the keep (just to make it faster to get around). If you have any architectural requests, let me know. We'll try to work them in.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Just don't start messing with my project with the gardens.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Yay! Paintball!! We must appoint a headmaster to the new Hogwarts as well. You are offered the aforementioned position, Tatiana. Will you accept?

The Zanark has spoken.

P.S. Advent, my dear consort, I was unavailable when you AIMed me as my classroom required my prescence.

suminonA
Member # 8757

quote:
Originally posted by Advent 115:
Hmmmmm, this is something that should be further examined. Perhaps you could take on thiss task so that when the Zanark returns she could know of this events meaning.

Yes, it is quite a serious matter, and this “puzzle” cannot be solved without the participation of our beloved Zanark. And I insist on the Official Calendar issue. Why?
Simple: as you have all noticed, the Pokadoodle civilisation is already so great that the Sun never sets on it. (Remember the ancient British Empire? [Wink] )
Other than explaining the complaints we receive continuously from the rest of the smallest civilisations on the other side of the world, this also leaves us without a working definition of eternity / eons / centuries / decades / years / months / seasons / weeks / days / hours / minutes / second / milisecons / microseconds / nanoseconds / picoseconds / femtoseconds / etc [Big Grin]
This way, for all I know, it might have passed an eternity already since the birth of Pokadoodle civilisation! Although I doubt it.

I don’t want to be (too) blunt, but I cannot accept the position of Official Keeper of the Calendar, my ignorance on the workings of the time-space continuum of the Pokadoodle makes it impossible for me. Plus, I reckon it would be a full time ( [Big Grin] ) job, and I already am too optimist for that.

The official Sumitpo.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Does that mean that we all have awsome tans? If so then woooho!

Perhaps the reason we have no sense of time is because time does not affect our grand kingdom. After all, the Divine Zanarch is an Immortal Godess.

I bow myself before the divine one. [Hail]

p.s. I don't want to be time keeper. Being a royal consort/blacksmith/leader of poulation control is already enough for me.

Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
So, what's this about?
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Mogol
Member # 9146

- posted      Profile for Space Mogol           Edit/Delete Post 
hi. i am new to hatrack. i am a long time reader, and thought this would be a good time to start. this looks like a pretty funny post, so i though i might join. anyways, here is what i want to do.

could i be the HOSEM?

The head of space exploration and militarization.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Welcome Mogol to the kingdom where the sun never sets. Which is why we all have such great tans. I am sure the divine one will gladly welcome you as well.

May her holiness be praised. [Hail]

Space Mogol
Member # 9146

okay then...that was...weird. so, who the your "holiness"
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

The divine Zanarch both created this kingdom and rules it with her divine wisdom and beauty. Worship her, for she is perfection. [Hail]
Space Mogol
Member # 9146

right then...why do you keep talking like that?
it's kind of creepy.

well, when will "ZANARK" respond to confirm?

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I speak only the truth. Her divine form must be worshiped for she is all that is wise, just, and beautiful in this place. And the divine one answers when she chooses to. And whenever that is it is good enough for her loyal servants.

*bows to her statue* [Hail]

Space Mogol
Member # 9146

alright then, i guess i'm going to play along.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Who is playing? I always speak the truth about the divine one.

*bows to her statue* [Hail]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Sorry I took so long to reply, I was out in the world working hard on hard work.
Space Mogol, your application is accepted. BTW Advent, don't bow to my statue, it is just an image of myself, not me. Stand up. Arise my consort, and instead pay homage to me, your Zanark.

The Zanark has spoken.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*bows head to floor before the Zanarchs feet* I shall obey you most glorious and divine one. [Hail]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oh dear, get up. We must gather my councelors to plan for the future of Pokadoodle!
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
I proclaim myself Head of the State Church and chief spiritual advisor to Our Jewel, She Who Shall Be Adored, She Who Shall Never Die. I prostate (er, prostrate) myself in thy service, willing (though humble) to shoulder the burdens of the kingdom if ever She (and the dolts, er, minions beneath her) shall leave our presence.

I begin my shadowy backhanded plots to usurp, er, I begin my upfront loyal counsel to bring faith to the faithless and guidance to She Who Needs No Guidance. I vow never to dabble in treaties with those who might want to, shall we say, redirect Our Jewel's power structure to something less, shall we say, centralized in Her favor.

Call me Father Silvania of the First Church of Pokadoodle. Services begin prompty at ten o'clock, and please make sure to wear purple. Chickens are not allowed, though goats are welcome.

[ February 10, 2006, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: estavares ]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

.....I do not trust this estavares my Zanarch. And how dare he attempt to userp your power. I suggest that a council of choosen wise men and women would be advisable, but at any time you can overthrough there decisions at any time you so choose. Thus establishing a small amount of order while your divine presence is absent from our lives here in Pokadoodle.

Thus asks your loyal concubine. [Hail]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.