FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The crib of civilization (a game) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The crib of civilization (a game)
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
???

How dare you insult me in such a way!!
Advent, I charge you with taking care of this insolent being!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
???

How dare you insult me in such a way!!
Advent, I charge you with taking care of this insolent being!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
How much injury do you wish me to cause to him Goddess? Do you wish me to maim him for life or kill him?

If the later then give me the word and I shall spill his blood with me own two hands. *pops knuckles*

I promised that I would bathe my hands in blood if it would keep you safe, and I stand by that promise now.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Common Man
Member # 9173

- posted      Profile for Common Man           Edit/Delete Post 
YOU CANNOT SILENCE AN ENTIRE NATION!!!!!

Even now, Her Falseness allows toadies to do her dirty work! And she fights opinions with MURDER!

Viva La Revolution!

*Explosion resounds in distance. Military space vehicle plant explodes with total loss.*

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
*fashions a table for himself - one suitable for dancing atop*

*sews a seat cushion or two*

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Look, "Common Man", I've just had this whole thing with Esteves. I'm sick of it. If you don't like how I am ruling, then please make your own nation. The people of Pokadoodle are allowed to leave whenever they want to. I just built Pokadoodle and they came on their own free will.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*hand jerks out, grips Common by his throat*

Be glad that the Goddess has shown mercy, because if you return I may not.

*lifts Common off his feet*

*carries Common by the throat all the way to Pokadoodles shores at a slow deliberate pace*

Now, I would advise that you not return if you want to keep your head. The Goddess may spare you, but I shall insure that if you ever come back you will not cause Pokadoodle or the Goddess any harm.

Now leave....

*drops Common to the ground and watches as Common leaves Pokadoodle by boat*

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
What's funny is that you mentioned having bad guys in your first post, now you treat anyone who tries to have some fun with contempt.

Enjoy your little clique...

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

(speaks slowly and deliberatly) Did I or did I not say that you should stay in your rest home estavares.

*pops knuckles* Now you had best get back to your rest home before I do something.... unpleasant to your spine.

Now go home estavares or else. *slams fist into other hand*

Leave.

Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* Because Advent is only minorly horrifying.

Or is he?

:confuses:

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Well I am the local blacksmith here, so I would consider that intimidating.

*pops knuckles* You had better be heading back to your home estavares.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I get your point estevares, but please give us a break. Pokadoodle has just won a legendary war, my people just don't feel like putting up with it for the time being.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

My Goddess, I suggest that a detail of Pokadoodle soldiers be assigned to make sure estavares stays in his rest home at all times.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Your suggestion is appreciated, Advent. General, assign two soldiers to supervise estevares constantly.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

It is good to see you well Goddess.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I just came back from fulfilling my grueling role in society as a cashier.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*bows* Goddess, is there anything I can do to serve you?

I await your command.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I need reports on how each department is doing.
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

- posted      Profile for Nellie Bly   Email Nellie Bly         Edit/Delete Post 
Your Zanarkship--
I have returned from my ambassadoring to our neighboring lands, where things are quite unsettled. Our neighbors are concerned with the turmoil brewing within our waring nation. We are young, but look at all the damage that has been done by Pokadoodle, that which started out so peaceful, so serene, is now on the brink of becoming volitile. Fear not Zanark, for I know that we can rectify this situation. I call for an emergency meeting of the councel and invite all citizens of Pokadoodle, and Pokadoodle territories to attend. A restructuring of our government is in desperate need. Rest assure, no power will be taken from you, Lady. We simply need to establish a working constitution. If we cannot soon rectify our situation, our older, more powerful neighbors will surely take matters into their own hands.

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
Sumitpo Official Report:

I was working lately on some extended study for a long term forecast, but then I realized that there is no time (Pokadoodletime-wise) for it. The fact that the Sun never sets on this great Queendom actually means that we are “trapped” in the present. Surely the past and the future exist, but this Queendom is timeless, so any forecast is meaningless. That’s just fine too ‘cause we do live a single (extended) moment anyways (the timeless now).

I’ll keep being the most optimistic around, but I’ll stop any forecasting activity until there is a good time for it. [Smile]

*End of report*

The Official Sumitpo.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

As Head of Population Control, I would like to report that there have been over 200 births in Pokadoodle since its creation. So It is in my opinion that our population is booming (considering how few citizens we had to begin with). But I am concerned about the number of refugees that are washing ashore everyday since the end of our war with the "Prophet". I am recomending that special provisions be made so that these refugees may create their own town within the borders of Pokadoodle.

They will be required to:

1) Provide Pokadoodle with soldiers should ever the need arise
2) Pay a monthly tribute of one quarter of their grain to Pokadoodle in return for farming on Pokadoodle lands

If anyone on the Pokadoodle council has anything they would like to add I am more than willing to accomodate, but her Holiness must approve these actions first.

All praise her majesty. [Hail]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Look! Its the Frankenstein monster!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, I wasn't aware that we had any monsters on Pokadoodle other than estavares...
estavares
Member # 7170

Hey!

I am MORE than happy to start pissing you off again with more rebellious posts if you make this personal.

(Oh wait, you already have.)

[Wink]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Did I not warn you to stay in your Retierment home or I would personally snap your vertebre with my bare hands?

(and you are a monster, I haven't noticed anyone else trying to start wars in peaceful threads)

So go back home or else. *pops knuckles*

(steady low voice) Now. [Evil]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

[Big Grin]
estavares
Member # 7170

What's funny is that I never started the war. If you look back, I started a character that was a bit of a cliché (with a wink and a giggle) but could have some fun, and you guys tried to kill me. So I took it to the next level.

You may find you can attract more people to play along if you treat others kindly, rather than act like a high school clique that shoves people out because they dress differently than you do.

The people will tolerate a dictator only so long...

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Be silent you worm. This is a civilization that does not need war or little worms like you.

And I shall stand watch to make sure that it stays that way. None shall ever challenge the wisdom of the Goddess.

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
So far as head librabian i have catalogged all of our book, made a website for a library where you can see all cool news. Also you have the ability to check out books over our website in either online of print format. Also we have set up a pookadoodle publishing cooperation just in case any authors arise omong the pookadoodlians

As head mathmatician i have discovered a new type of mathematics which we haven't had the chance to name yet. the other mathmeticians and I are still trying to discover all about this new type of mathematics. (Oh and to take it off our minds, oh great Zanark, can you please decide on a name for this new type of mathematics.)

As the most pessimistic person in pookadoodle i have to say that our government has been roling down hill like a snowball and there is no chance of ever recovering WE'RE DOOMED

Thank You

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oww..my head....

The new name for this new math shall be...Pokatisticamathics.

*oww...Takes an aspirin...

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Thank you

can we call it Pokamatics for short

thank you oh gracious one

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*worried look* Are you alright Goddess? Do you need anything?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'm ok, I just get headaches when I'm too tired.
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

- posted      Profile for Nellie Bly   Email Nellie Bly         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Zanark? About our coucil meeting? Your approval is required before we can commence. Our older neighbors are getting impatient....
Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

quote:
Originally posted by Nellie Bly:
Your Zanarkship--
I have returned from my ambassadoring to our neighboring lands, where things are quite unsettled. Our neighbors are concerned with the turmoil brewing within our waring nation. We are young, but look at all the damage that has been done by Pokadoodle, that which started out so peaceful, so serene, is now on the brink of becoming volitile. Fear not Zanark, for I know that we can rectify this situation. I call for an emergency meeting of the councel and invite all citizens of Pokadoodle, and Pokadoodle territories to attend. A restructuring of our government is in desperate need. Rest assure, no power will be taken from you, Lady. We simply need to establish a working constitution. If we cannot soon rectify our situation, our older, more powerful neighbors will surely take matters into their own hands.

AoD speaking here!! I'm too lazy to log out and log in:
Indeed we must call an emergency meeting with my council.
*bangs her Obsidian Bladed Staff of Zanarky*

The Zanark has spoken, council members assemble! All intrested parties may attend if they wish, but council members are required to be in this meeting.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*waits patiently for the meating to start*

Hmmm, I wonder where all of the other council members are?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Ahh a council meeting

Hey do you know where everyone else is

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Nope.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be the town lunatic?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, I don't think Pokadoodle has one of those.

What would you do as the town lunatic?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

I believe we do

isn't raventhief as Jester also the town lunatic

Steve please give us more of a description so we may pass it on to the godess

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, you know I haven't seen the jester for quite some time now. I wonder if he finally joined the rebel uprising he whispered he was working for?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Maybe you never know, Acually i haven' heard from the rebels in quite some time either
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Same here. And that worries me even more than if they were at the gates of Pokadoodle....
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Right we must remember
"keep your friend close but keep your enemies closer"
i say once this meeting starts we should suggest a search to find out wht these rebels are doing

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I agree.
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

The rebels are the least of our worries as far as this meeting is concerned. We have suficient guard and spies in place to know that for the time being they are acting peacefully which in more than I can say for some citizens.
This meeting is to discuss our warring ways, and to establish a constitution to keep the peace in all of our newly acquired territory, not to start another war.
I will say as I've said before, IF WE CANNOT STOP OUR WARRING WAYS, OUR OLDER, MORE POWERFUL NEIGHBORS WILL DO IT FOR US. And I can assure you will not like the consequences.

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Fine lets start the discussion
Where are the others?

Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

They'll be along. What we need to do is list the problems of Pokadoodle, especially where we tend to fly fist first, then we need to come up with a list of solutions.

So Problems first. Lets have them.

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

1. No Order of Laws
2. People have no Freedoms
3. Law has been reduced to Advent flexing his muscles and scaring the hell out of our enemies
4. no one is aroung long enoug to help
5. We have no acual citizens to give us feedback

Uhh that all i have for this moment do you have any Nellie

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.