FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » hatrack stalker (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: hatrack stalker
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be good and well-known enough that people will ask me to come play and give me dinner for the favor. Maybe even gas money, but maybe I'm over-reaching my abilities there. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still nowhere near the oldest on the board, though. That's crazy. It's weirder to me sometimes that Matt's been on as long as I have.

</sidenote>

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Every good Mormon picks a fight with Tom Davidson when they first come to hatrack. At least, that's what Annie tells me. I can't think of any good questions about myself. Well, unless you remember the fictitious name of my boyfriend in my 5th landmark, which I removed before it was archived.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Pooka's right. [Smile] About the TomD part, at least.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I don't think I ever picked a fight with Tom on purpose, though we have disagreed about many things.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my earliest HR memories is a fight with Tom. I don't remember picking it, though.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
KQ, green, Emma _______ and Bridget Niamh, you pretended to stalk both rivka and frisco, with rivka it was hair, frisco was grapeseed oil, the she would be rivka, but I'm not sure how you quit. I know nothing of your middle names. The "e" is silent in Anne, and the "t" is silent in Ketchupqueen.

Pretty good. Em's middle name is Rose. But you didn't say why they're named what they are. [Wink] [Razz]

Good job on the stalking rivka, it was indeed her hair, and she gave me some to get me to quit. [ROFL] I don't stalk Frisco, just objectify him. Get your facts straight. [Wink]

The middle name thing has been mentioned at least four times, so I don't think you're stalking me very effectively on that one.

Yes, the e is silent in my name-- but why do I have a silent e? Why am I not Ann?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I've read Anne of Green Gables so I know the E is much better than without.

And I'm not the one who called me a stalker.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Good job on the stalking rivka, it was indeed her hair, and she gave me some to get me to quit. [ROFL]

Even then, it took a while. [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Embrace the label dear, embrace the label.

And yes, my sister suggested the name and she was big into Anne of Green Gables.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
What's your middle name story.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Who did I deliberately try to pick a fight with when I first joined Hatrack?

Oh, I know this one! It was...hm...I thought I knew it. I know you've told me. Was it Tom?

[Edit--man, talk about typing too slowly! Beaten to the punch by quite a while!]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Who was the user who posted something so inflammatory that I was spurred to register (under my first username, that is, not this one) in order to refute their argument?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Every good Mormon picks a fight with Tom Davidson when they first come to hatrack.

quote:
Originally posted by mph:
One of my earliest HR memories is a fight with Tom. I don't remember picking it, though.

Proof the the statement is false, or proof that you aren't a good Mormon? [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

What thread topic got me ticked/intrigued enough to register and start posting? Who started that thread, and why?

How long was it between my first couple posts, and when I became a regular poster?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Or proof that I have a bad memory. [Wink]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have no clue, though I may have heard once. But I checked, and only 6 of the posts from that sn are still there (it had 238), and all of those posts were post my registration.

That was to Jake.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Rivka, I have no clue why you registered, but you were pretty active fairly quick because you had like 6k when I registered a year later.
rivka
Member # 4859

Some stalker you are. [Wink] Anyone else want to take a shot?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
What's your middle name story.
My middle name at birth was my mother's maiden name (which she actually kept.) My middle name now is my maiden name. If I had had a pretty middle name I would have kept it, but since it was a last name and started with the same letter as my married last name, I decided to switch when I got married. The "last name as middle name" thing is not so awful for a boy, but growing up, I thought it was awful for a girl, and that's why I resolved to give all of my children, or at least all my girls, nice middle names. I may give my maiden name to a boy as a middle name if we have a lot of boys, but I may not. I'm not sure, and we'll cross that bridge when (if) we go through the first four boys' names we have picked out.
katharina
Member # 827

<sidenote>
My parents did that - gave last names to my brothers for their middle names. I got a pretty middle name (Jane), but it's also a family name. My mother was Janeen, my grandmother was Jean, my aunt was Janet, and a great-grandmother was Jane. Jane seemed like a natural appelation.

My brothers' middle names are awesome, though: Steele, Parker, and Dare.
</sidenote>

[ September 26, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

rivka
Member # 4859

*giggle* They sound like romance novel heroes.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

The last names in my family that would work as middle names still won't work. One is a WWII general and the other is a sex act.

I'm going to offer some questions about myself.

How many siblings do I have, how old are they.
Who convinced me to join hatrack (this one is more specific than you'd think)
What am I majoring in (although slowly).

pooka
Member # 5003

Rivka... did it have to do with Operation Iraqi Freedom, by any chance? I just remember that was all up ons when I registered. But you can see I'm reasoning out my answers. There are some things I remember.
katharina
Member # 827

You are majoring in elementary education.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Good Kat.

I'll give partial credit on the who, with one person recieving a full point and three recieving half points.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Who convinced me to join hatrack (this one is more specific than you'd think)

Raia. I told you it's always her fault! [Wink]

pooka, not even close.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Raia counts for half credit.
pooka
Member # 5003

rivka: was it to get burninated for 5 cents?
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I think I might be able to answer Breyer's...or at least partially.

You have 3 or 4 siblings, but they're all substantially older than you.

I'm guessing fugu, but I'm not positive.

And you're majoring in education.

I don't know if I can think of anything about me that isn't really obvious, but here's a shot at it.

What are my dogs' names?

What kind of car did Jim and I buy just under a year ago?

Where did I grow up?

Edit: too slow. [Grumble]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have one half sibling, and actually he's older than you, I'm pretty sure I've said that somewhere.

It's not fugu, that's still half credit.

Yes it's Education.

Your dogs are Max and oh dear what is the little one's name.

I'm not sure what you bought a year ago, really I do fail.

You grew up in the Atlanta area.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:

For this I would register? Please.

Think: what sort of topics do I tend to react most strongly to?

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Megan, you weren't too slow, the ed one is the only question you had the same answer for.

I have to leave for class now, I fully expect for this thread to be at least 5 pages when I get back. And for someone to know who brought me here.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Religion, usually Jewish.
rivka
Member # 4859

Correct. Now, that's not what the thread was about (well, it was about a religious practice, but not a Jewish one), but that is why I posted.
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm answering jhai's before class, everyone else's later.

What are my majors, and which Hatracker has the same majors?

Philosophy and econ, ack I knew.

How many students attending my university had connections to Hatrack prior to coming here?

Nini and possibly you.

What's the connection between the last two questions?

Also, what major thing in our personal lives do Quid & I share (two possible answers to this, but I don't think you'll get either one).

Love of hot foods and dating a muslim man (abhi and fahim).

Fairly good. Celaneo has the same major as I do. Both Raia and I were Hatrackers before coming to DePauw, and Celaneo's little sister just started up here. Thus the connection. I think the two things that Quid & I share (that most people don't) is living with a Muslim guy (mine's my roommate Thalith from Bangladesh) and being in a relationship with a Sub-continental fellow. Abhi's Hindu, not Muslim, & he's from India.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I know you won't see this til you come back, breyer, but your memory is REALLY impressive.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Oh, rivka, was it one of those dreadful baptism for the dead threads?
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
*Jumps into thread*

What Hatrack-related event have I attended? (there's only one)

How many kids do I have (ages, genders, names for extra points)

How many relatives do I have that have posted on Hatrack?

What Hatrack-related creative exercise am I currently involved with?

Name any person I have given to or received from in a Hatrack exchange. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
What is my husband's name? What do I do for a living? How many pets do I have, and what species?

As for who convinced you to join, I'm gonna guess either Tyler or his sister.

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

For this I would register? Please.

Think: what sort of topics do I tend to react most strongly to?

Someone attempted to pluralize using an apostrophe? That's what made you start posting?
pooka
Member # 5003

In the process of confirming my guess, I saw what subject got Rivka's Dad to post [Smile] You know, I thought that was what I'd understood from the dude on Nova.
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
What's my first name?

How old am I?

What city do I live in?

Where did I end up first? Hatrack or Pweb?

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
How much royalty money do I owe Pat?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
How old am I? [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Noemon, be nice. But I have no clue how your foot was broken, I'll guess wrestling, I seem to remember you in that convo.

Nope, not wrestling (and no broken bones involved either). I have related the story, both here and at sakeriver. Kate, want to give it a shot?
I don't think I read it; I think you told me. You kicked a knife. And it wasn't even a plastic one. That time.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yep, that was what happened. If you have to kick a knife, I recommend being well-shod when you do it. I wish I had been. Heck, even poorly-shod would have been an improvement.
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
You told me and Kate this story at the gathering back in July, I don't recall ever seeing it written about (though I could be wrong).
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I know I've typed it out, but it may have been years ago that I did so.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I read it, so it wasn't that long ago. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.