FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread (Page 22)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Brace Youselves...
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
This news actually makes me happy. So many shows go on for longer than the story was designed to do (X-Files), or get cancelled on a cliff-hanger (Angel).
This feels like it'll be about right for this story, and that they will make sure that the story will be complete.

I'm glad that I'll never have to get sick of Battlestar. But then, I'm a quality, not quantity kinda girl.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say that news makes me happy per se, but it would definitely make me unhappy if the show kept dragging on and took a dive in quality. I can be perfectly content with four seasons if they're good seasons.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want it to last 10 seasons [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, from the way Ron Moore was talking what he had planned would take 2 more seasons. I hope the next season isn't too rushed...
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Four seasons sounds about right to me. All through the third season, I've been getting the feeling that the showrunners are running out of ideas for new long-term story arcs. A full season should be plenty of time to wrap up the primary arcs, and will hopefully prevent the precipitous drop in quality that occurs whenever they try to write in a new plotline to fill up space (*cough* Black Market *cough* Kat *cough*).
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I wanted AT LEAST 5 seasons. I wish I was a billionaire so I could fund them to keep it going.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tarrsk:
Four seasons sounds about right to me. All through the third season, I've been getting the feeling that the showrunners are running out of ideas for new long-term story arcs.

I got that feeling, too. When Pixiest mentioned Ron Moore's plans, I thought, "Wait—he has plans?"
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
at least they have warning, so even if the initial plans would require 2 more seasons they'll hopefully have a chance to edit things so that it all fits in one.

I'm in the more or less happy court on this one, if only because it's not going to end up with a Farscape or Babylon 5 -type ending with sudden cancellations etc

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy: well, 1st and 2nd season they got great ratings. I'm sure he was all like "Wow, this show could go on a while. I better save my plot points." and as a result we get filler episodes and a boring baltar trial that went on forever.

Now he's going to have to rush through the rest of the story and I don't like that. I much prefer what LOST is doing with three more, slightly abbreviated seasons, so they can map out the rest of the story and tell it at a measured pace instead of Faster Faster Slower Slower Faster!

This "ZOMG we're canceled" stuff is what lead Bab5 to rush their fourth season... And then when they WERE renewed they didn't have enough story so... Telegoths. *GAG*

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess if I had to pick between 10 seasons where the back half sucked and four or five great seasons, I'd pick four or five great ones.
Personally I think they could have given us another season and a half of getting to earth and then a half season of getting to earth and the aftermath.

But I can accept this, sad as it makes me.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Think of it this way - four seasons means we have to spend less money on the DVDs.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It also means less awesome soundtrack cds for me to buy. [Frown]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

FEWER awesome soundtrack cds. (Sorry, pet peeve)

And yeah, that's a massive bummer. I love the BSG soundtrack CDs =(

Tarrsk
Member # 332

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Think of it this way - four seasons means we have to spend less money on the DVDs.

Although if they keep up the "Season x.5" crap, we'll still be spending far more than we should be.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yeah. They need to stop that. A season is a season, I should be able to buy the whole thing for a reasonable price. For what they are charging for them, and for how well they sell, I don't have a lot of sympathy for their budget woes.
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, the ending of the third season gave the distinct feeling of "we're almost there! Things are coming to a head, and we'll be at Earth very, very soon!"

I figured this would happen. Tene episodes for finding Earth, ten episodes while AT Earth. Stretching the search an entire nother season seems to betray the feeling of "I've been to Earth. I'm gonna lead us there."

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Spoke too soon!

quote:
Battlestar Galactica's search for Earth continues to be an open-ended adventure, executive producer David Eick said.

Contrary to comments by Edward James Olmos (Adm. Adama) at the Saturn Awards on May10, no end has been announced for the award-winning show. Battlestar Galactica is preparing to film its fourth season, one that will include 22 episodes, rather than the previously announced 13.

"For those of you who have been paying attention over the years, this is not the first time Eddie has made an announcement about the possibility of the show's end," chuckled Eick. "I promise you that when [executiuve producer] Ron [Moore] and I make a decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know."

This was announced on Friday, same day as the story from the Saturn Awards. So it looks like that isn't all she wrote. [Smile]
Carrie
Member # 394

In other (related) news, BSG won the Saturn for Best Syndicated TV show. Yay!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

WOOOT! I want 5 seasons baby 5 seasons.
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Well, this is a little different than I thought of, but I don't dislike it at all, of course. [Big Grin]

Perhaps we'll get one more season with an intense search for Earth... and then a fifth season AT Earth!

Honestly, my theory is that it's modern times anyway, so... at any reate, they can't go more than a season without finding it at this rate.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank the gods!
I was convinced that this would be the last season... come on 5 seasons!!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

Telp, hate to break to you, but the producers have since confirmed that season 4 will be the last.
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually think the show has grown tired. That doesn't mean it isn't good, but there isn't a lot of directions it can take without coming to some major conclusions.

The question is . . . will they find Earth at the end of series?

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
What what!
The producers HAVE confirmed it's the last??
Darn...
But at the same time I'm not too upset...I'd rather a show have a planned ending rather than dying slowly of bad writing.

BSG has had nearly no bad writing (debatable I'm sure) in its run so far.

All praise the heir of Babylon 5.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tarrsk:
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:

Although if they keep up the "Season x.5" crap, we'll still be spending far more than we should be.
Blame the X-Men. I think the first time that trick was played was when they put out the X-Men 1.5 DVD.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

For all you fans of the Bear McCreary soundtracks...

Originally it was supposed to be released in August of 2007, as was the DVD, but now the DVD has no release date, that I know of, except for September 3rd in the UK. But on Bear McCreary's website he says he has finished the soundtrack, after painstakingly and lovingly putting it together.

There's album art for it and everything, and he says it will be released in October 2007. At least we have a hard number now! I hope for it to go on prerelease in September.

In other news... Bear McCreary is taking on the music to two other television shows: Eureka, and the forthcoming Sarah Connor Chronicles that will be on FOX. His next direct project is writing the music for the BSG movie Razor.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

October 28th is the official release date for the third season soundtrack.

It is available for pre-order on Amazon.

Carrie
Member # 394

And the Atmo Jump wins an Emmy! Go SFX guys!

[The Wave]

Scroll down.

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
How do we know it was the atmo jump?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Well, it was for the episode "Exodus, Part II," during which there were many awesome special effects (lest we forget the Pegasus)... but it's got to be the atmo jump. It was the single most amazing special effect I'd seen on TV this past season.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I don't know if I trust an awards show that gives an Emmy to Justin Timberlake for
quote:
Saturday Night Live • Host: Justin Timberlake - Song title: 'Dick In A Box' • NBC • SNL Studios in association with NBC Studios and Broadway Video
Justin Timberlake, Music & Lyrics By
Jorma Taccone, Music & Lyrics By
Katreese Barnes, Music By
Asa Taccone, Music By
Akiva Schaffer, Lyrics By
Andy Samberg, Lyrics By

Scrubs was better than that.
Carrie
Member # 394

I did snicker when I saw that.

I'm just glad someone on BSG got a statuette. Finally.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Dick in a box ruled. BSG should do a DiaB parody episode.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

BSG Season 3 available for pre-order on Amazon, for cheaper than half season one is selling for. Nice to see a reasonable price for once.

March 18th, 2008 is go time. Looks like it'll coincide with the fourth season.

Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
That's bizarre - the DVDs have been out in the rest of the world since last autumn. Wonder what took them so long in the US?
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.