FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread (Page 11)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I was disappointed when they made Starbuck straight... She'd make such a hot Butch...
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
She does anyway.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
werd.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
At first I was thinking the Cylon names for the Lords of Kobol are the Roman version...but if they named Cally's baby in the name of Mars instead of Ares... mmmm... They may indeed be slacking in the continuity area. Maybe they use both names for the Gods interchangeably? But since we've never heard the Roman names before it seems doubtful.

As for the gender issue, I would love to see a gay relationship. But I would hope they would show it in passing, showing that it was totally normal and not worth pointing out.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
like in Babylon 5.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Though I would have liked to have seen more of that. And Ivanova was bi, anyway. She clearly fell for Marcus.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
If this is happening thousands of years in our future, it would make sense that the names of the Greco-Roman gods would get blurred and conflated... these people aren't practicing the ancient Dionysian Mysteries or anything... it's a new religion.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hear hear Blayne!
Long live Ivanova, Our Lady of the Purple Nightgown, and Talia Winters, the original sleeper agent.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Ivanova needed better taste in both women and men. Talia was blah and Marcus, while funny and sweet, and good with a minbari fighting staff, and willing to die for her, was far too furry.

Pix

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
If the BSG folk were practicing the Dionysian Mysteries, I think we'd be just as confused. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I miss the page that started with the comment about wrinkled cuddling. <sigh>
Lisa
Member # 8384

I sort of got the impression from Adama that he knew she wasn't the real Luanne Katrain. That he'd found out some time before and didn't really care. It's not as though he had a glut of pilots.

I mean, maybe he didn't and just didn't want to hear her saying something that was obviously making her feel bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew.

David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I got that feeling, too, Lisa. His question immediately after shushing her (something along the lines of "does whatever you're ashamed of tarnish what you've done?") made me feel that he either knew or suspected she wasn't who'd she'd said she was.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

- posted      Profile for General Sax   Email General Sax         Edit/Delete Post 
Also Adama thinks the whole war is his fault, I do not think he is going to pass judgment on many with checkered pasts who are doing the best they can to help mankind survive.
Posts: 475 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a nightmare last night that BSG was cancelled because everyone hated this season.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, do people really hate this season? I've rather enjoyed it so far; maybe the plot has slowed a little bit since the season opener, but really it's pretty tough to top an episode like Exodus pt 2.

Or was that just your dream speaking?

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

As an aside.. I recently got the 1st and 2nd season on DVD and I like the whole thing BETTER the 2nd time through.

True story.

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the same dream also involved running from the FBI through a forest of banana trees in search of a small biplane to take to Asia.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

ph: how did you know the plane was bi?
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
*groan*
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
pH, yes, some people loathe this season. Just look on the scifi channel message boards.

There's all sorts of negative comments about it. I don't think it's really all that fair, and I've really enjoyed this season almost more than the first two, but still.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

- posted      Profile for General Sax   Email General Sax         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that has to happen is dry-dock, look at those Raptors, look at the Galactica, it is getting to the point were things are not only looking used and lived in, it is getting to the point that they should hang up condemned signs and put Raptors up on cinder blocks. The Cylon's will win this thing on wear and tear alone.

Any ideas how they might get a fix up?

I had one that is kind of kooky. Lets say they catch up to some old style Cylon toaster types...

The old base star and a mining camp with a big munition dump that has just been rattling along for forty years with no word from the home-world. Galactica re-cons it and sees toasters, old style ships and all that, so they send in Sharon, she becomes imperious leader and the toasters go to work on the Fleet while the humans sip cocoa.

Of course as the fleet is getting finished the Cylon's catch up, see what they once were and in furry destroy the base...

Now that would be a cool episode...

Posts: 475 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Just stopping in to say I hate this show. Continue.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Cottle, is that you?

[ December 14, 2006, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Rotar pls quickly explain in under a paragraph or make that 3 sentances why I should not kill you where you stand.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

Glad you came by, always nice to have some fresh urine in the punch to keep the party going... Sheesh.
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
Ignore it. He flames, he leaves, he won't be back. If he does come back, THEN we kill him.
Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

General Sax, that would actually make a very amusing episode.

I bet a lot of the "fanboys" would hate it for the silliness of it all, but even so... it'd be a great twist.

But that'd have to BSG it somehow to be darker than the straight story. I wonder how...

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Is it on tonight or have they done their break for christmas like all my other shows?
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight at 9E/8C. And then they go on hiatus, I think till the end of January.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

Having toasters walking around would likely be angsty enough. However it would be a good chance to put Sharon to the test, a chance to stress her loyalty to humanity by giving her the chance to rule and perhaps upgrade a Cylon colony. Also they could twist the evolutionary course of an isolated group of Cylons, make them twisted in some way.
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I sort of got the impression from Adama that he knew she wasn't the real Luanne Katrain. That he'd found out some time before and didn't really care.
I didn't get the impression he knew...I figured that he had long since resolved himself that there were a lot of changed identities among the survivors. And that her actions redeemed anything she might have done in her past -- essentially her ultimate act of self-sacrifice was testament to a genuinely changed life. I also think that you'd have to be doggone shallow to stand in condemnation of a person who has just sacrificed their life for numerous others. And that it makes little sense to let someone in Kat's position use their last moments of life on self-recrimination.

I think that scene is one of my favorites from the entire series. I love that Adama sat with her just to talk, so she wouldn't spend her last hours alone. And with the implication that he was adopting her as a daughter. I loved it.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

I'm noticing something interesting about the side characters in this show.

They're generally there episodes before they get any significant role, but seem to, at least in the first two seasons, to just fade into the spotlight slowly, so that I don't really notice them all that much until they become important in a few scenes later. This is people like Crashdown, the guy who, er... crashed down the Raptor onto Kobol. ( [Big Grin] ) Then I go back and see the episodes again, and there they are, in the bakcground doing their thing. I actually really like it, I think it's an awesome way of bringing people into the show. A slow fade into the spotlight.

Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a bunch of Wedges.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

Wow did that cathedral look SG 1! Sharon's Baby is sick and Starbuck and Lee are in it to win it... lets watch and see what happens...
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice bluff.

Galactica has no nukes.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

Not true, we do not know if they do or not. They have been refining fuel, they have been on a large planet for a year, it is a safe bet that they found fissionable material, and a if they have plutonium spark-plugs they can fuse helium or hydrogen to make an H bomb. I would not count on them not having nukes to back up the threat.

So no JTK it is not the Corbamite maneuver...

General Sax
Member # 9694

So what will Sharon do...she knows her baby is alive
General Sax
Member # 9694

Wow that episode seemed fifteen minutes long...
Dav
Member # 8217

- posted      Profile for Dav           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, just have to wait 5 weeks now...
Posts: 120 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Cloud9 was the last one, but apparently you're right.

Hmm. There really isn't much to say about this episode.

And the next season preview -- AAR? what?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually kinda felt like this ep was really crappy. Too much Lee/Starbuck/Dee/Anders angst. And the big ending cliffhanger kinda fell flat. The show's developing too much of a pattern with it's cliffhangers.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Rotar pls quickly explain in under a paragraph or make that 3 sentances why I should not kill you where you stand.

Because I'm sitting down?
quote:
Originally posted by General Sax:
Glad you came by, always nice to have some fresh urine in the punch to keep the party going... Sheesh.

Always glad to contribute, friend.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*twitch* five weeks *twitch*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rotar Mode:
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

Because I'm sitting down?
quote:
Originally posted by General Sax:

Always glad to contribute, friend.

Great. You can die sitting down too. Gentlemen, start your screaming. (The dwarf revves up the chainsaw while laughing madly in the background)
Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

quote:
Just stopping in to say I hate this show. Continue.
Rotor, it's generally not considered polite or acceptable to stop in on a show discussion thread just to say you hate the show with out even listing your reasons why you hate the show. Even stopping in and saying you hate it with your reasons for hating it is borderline. We know not everyone likes the show, but we're all here cause we love it and wanna discuss it.

If you wanna discuss why you don't like the show, then sure, I guess, come on in and lay it on us. If you're just gonna come in here to sling some dung at it, then get out.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

Sharon is certainly going to want to see her baby, she is going to want it back. Also the opening of the eye of Jupiter seems to require a chosen one to open it, so perhaps that is Hera, it looks like it is the chief though...
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow I can't see the Cylons risking losing Hera to the humans or to death by taking her to the surface. Not unless Hybrid explicitly states that Hera is the (a?) chosen one. I somehow got the impression that there are multiple chosen ones from what Hybrid told D'Anna and Baltar.

I find it very interesting that Hybrid reached out for Baltar that first time and broke from her normal repetitive chants when he and D'Anna are present. Question is, which one is Hybrid actually speaking to?

As obnoxious as it might be, I'd almost like to find out that Baltar is in fact one of the other five models, and that the reason those five are kept so secret is that because those models are (or were) in places of fairly high authority in the human hierarchy. Baltar, Adama, Roslin, Adar, the former President who was still on Caprica at the time of the attack, possibly some others. And because of the high visibility factor of those particular planted models, the Cylons have to maintain strict secrecy regarding their identities. Besides, if they tell the viewers too soon, that would blow out any big revelation the writers have planned. [Smile]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Adama or Roslin could be cylons. First of all, it would be a cheap trick. Second, it wouldn't make any sense that they cylons had left them in place all this time.

Do the cylons know who Hera's father is? It would be an awesome twist if it turned out that he was one of the five, and that Hera was actually 100% cylon.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

At the moment it's looking like the five models are somehow related to the five priests who created the temple. Roslin was starting to say something about them before Adama interrupted her asking about Hera. And D'Anna seems convinced she's gonna see them when she goes down there. But... how can that be possible? Humanity created the Cylons long after the 13th tribe left for Earth...
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.