FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun stuff on youtube today (Page 7)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Fun stuff on youtube today
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
The "real words" to O Fortuna. This made me laugh so hard I cried, the first time I watched it.

More fun with "O Fortuna":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGJiTpBBD18

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer for "Brave Story"

I've read the novel and the first three volumes of the manga.

Hoo-boy, do I want to see the anime now.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The first "Paddington Bear" cartoon.

Posted in honor of this year being Paddington's 50th birthday. There's even a new book out...one which has the rather shocking twist of the authorities finally realizing Paddington is an illegal refugee.

No, really.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The demon in the cellphone
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my students led me to this video today of a rock band in the Portland, OR area made up of a group of 12- or 13-year olds. Quite impressive!

Link

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
The Olympics are almost upon us, and so people may remember that gymnastics exists. [Wink]

This video is interesting to me because I recognize so many of the same training techniques my daughter undergoes, even though she is not now and never will be an elite gymnast like the girls shown here and the Olympians. Still, it does a good job showing you what type of things take place in the training gyms long before a girl reaches Olympic status.

Link

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
That was awesome, Lisa.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:
One of my students led me to this video today of a rock band in the Portland, OR area made up of a group of 12- or 13-year olds. Quite impressive!

Link

That drummer is frickin awesome! I'm jealous.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Three in the Afternoon
Six in the Morning
Midnight of the Soul

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha XD thaose starwars vids were cooooool [Big Grin] thanks!
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Hilarious parody. I don't agree with the political message at all (yes, that's a recommendation for far too many of you), but it's funny anyway.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't funny, but it is fun.

Here is a link to a fantastic guitar player. Matt Rach is a 17 year old French boy who sits up in his bedroom making these great music videos. Not only is the musicianship excellent, but the sound quality and video editing are great.

Here is a link to his latest video, but please do view them all if you like sweet electric guitar music.

Latest Video "Is Back" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0z8kIECLeM

Links to all Videos -
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=mattrach

Seeing all the fantastic young guitar players on YouTube give me new faith in humanity.

Steve/bluewizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
a crazy scottish guy who is repetitive and HILLARIOUS! not everyones sense of humor though. some bad language aswell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R24fyrs6ofo

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
In self defense class my sparring partner got me right in the thumb and I think he fractured it, because it's never been the same. So I can't slap the bass which is unfortunate because it has stunted my growth with the instrument. The injury in question happened mere weeks after I got my first bass guitar.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
You can finger-slap. It's hard, but it works.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Shakespeare's Who's on First

The video goes weird toward the end, but it's worth it.

EDIT - I found this while looking for a video of a pair of comedians who do the Who's on first bit, but substitute actual player's names in. If you can help me out I'd be appreciative. [Smile]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

That's great!!!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The most famous scene from "Troll 2"...

He sells that line, man. [ROFL]

It should be noted that from June 27-29, there will be an unprecedented Troll 2 celebration.

I kinda wish I could go. [Wink]

lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Nostalgia equals Shatner plus commodore.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The most famous scene from "Troll 2"...
...oh wow
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
This video is crappy, but this is classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq3gYBUcuKM

In case you have trouble following the audio there, here's the script:
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/abbott.htm

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

I've seen this before, about shampoo and the "Kaye effect," but I don't remember if I got it on Hatrack or somewhere else:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX4_3cV_3Mw

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Adventures of Twisp and Catsby: Now with sound!
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
Space jump

Also spore creature creator trial is available for download today.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Classic Disney short "The Band Concert"...

Includes elements you'd never see today...like Mickey losing his temper and trying to beat Donald up.

Edit: Fixed link.

[ June 21, 2008, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

And here's a sequel of sorts, The Symphony Hour, which really used to slay my brother Sam. [Smile]
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
John Adams and Thomas Jefferson At The Drive Through
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
do you guys remember Where the hell is Matt?

He's got a new video out. This time he isn't dancing alone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Strider, that was really cool.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

i know. [Smile] in case anyone is unfamiliar with the original video, it's a guy who travels all around the world and dances everywhere he goes. He does this in some really beautiful locations.

The first one became popular enough that he did another one, this time all the people who wrote and emailed him after the first one joined him in dancing.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I'm My Own Grandpa
Dav
Member # 8217

- posted      Profile for Dav           Edit/Delete Post 
A dog who has fun keeping cool in the summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St_4vYCPax4

Posts: 120 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think this has been posted yet.

One of my favorite childhood cartoon shorts, "The Cat Came Back":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyqXsv4Ueo

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

That cartoon gave me nightmares when I was five. It really is superbly animated though.
MEC
Member # 2968

I never realized what he was going to say when he hit the cow on the train tracks when I was a child.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
7-year-old sings Piano Man by Billy Joel

EDIT: So yes, it can be cute when a 7-year-old sings a song that mentions alcohol and pot.

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

while i know stoned normally refers to marijuana, I always assumed the song was talking about coke there(assuming it was more of a catch all term in the past and has only recently been left to the exclusive domain of marijuana). Since it was referring to business men, and coke has always stereotypically been their drug of choice. Though, the song might predate the popularization of cocaine in the business community, in which case it'd more likely be pot, not sure. anyway, random tangent, sorry.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Getting stoned can mean just booze and not drugs, particularly in the context of that song.
martha
Member # 141

hand shadow reflection art
Strider
Member # 1807

puppies getting sung to sleep
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Adolf is movin' on up!
Strider
Member # 1807

OMG, there's a whole subculture of people making "Hitler sings xxxxxx" videos. crazy.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly, the Hitler video isn't available in this country (Germany).
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

Roots of Breakdance

It gets really funny toward the end.

[ August 06, 2008, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Threads ]

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Protectors of the Earth!

Episode 2!

Threads
Member # 10863

Slow motion lightning
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Hey! It's a preview of Avatar Book 4: Air!

Or -is- it? [Big Grin]

MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Hey! It's a preview of Avatar Book 4: Air!

Or -is- it? [Big Grin]

I don't get it...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Are you familiar with the term "shipping" as it relates to various fandoms? The short is poking fun at the tendency of certain Avatar fans to "ship" characters that are rather incompatible in the actual show.
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Vote Muppet in 08
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.