FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! There's a White Whale in my boat!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Whale:
I'm in the same boat at Tante. I received my gift today, but without any indication of who sent it. It is the graphic novel Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind by Hayao Miyazaki (whom I adore), which looks freaking awesome.

Thank you, oh mysterious Hatracker. This is how I shall decompress inbetween my finals.

So sorry, dude! I intended on sending you a card, but last week was deficit week. Sorry about that.I hope you like it and that it's not too beat up. I had to get it sent directly so it wouldn't be late. It's one of my favourite things ever, so I hope you like it!
I told the person to put a note in it too, but they did not.

Also I used to go to school in Canton

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Synesthesia, that is an awesome gift!

I treasure my graphic novel version of Mononoke-hime.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, I emailed you [Smile] I asked breyer to let me know when you got your present, because i ordered it offline and there was no option for including a card!

I'm so glad you like it!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Synesthesia, thank you. I love most of the Miyazaki movies, and have never read his graphic novels. Now remember when I said how it's going to help me decompress inbetween my finals? Well I'm already on page 222 out of 260! I've done a lot of decompressing during the past day and a half. I don't think it'll even make it to my first final. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! i'm glad you like it.
There are 3 more in the series though, it's one of the best ever. I am glad you like Miyazaki

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Leonide! I thought it was from you. It is really very lovely and special, and, after spending a day on the dining room table for the family to admire while they ate, it is now perched on the mantelpiece in the parlor, for all to admire.

And the mother portrayed in the sculpture has on a long flowing dress -- just like I wear!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Synesthesia, this gift has turned into a curse! There are more in the series?! I don't get to know what happens to Nausicaä or the Ohmu until later! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

[Embarrassed] <--- Not the right expression.

There is no proper Graemlin to match what I am feeling right now. Think of Kirk screaming "Khaaaaaan!" [Big Grin]

But really, thanks Synesthesia. It was great.

Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got home from work, and sitting outside my door was a box containing...absolutely gorgeous handspun yarn!! AND a set of very pretty stitch markers!!

Thank you, Stray, I very much appreciate both. [Kiss]

The vast majority of what I knit are gifts for other people, but I think I'll have to make something for myself out of your yarn. (I'm still halfway tempted to keep AJ's yarn for myself, too, even though I chose it specifically for my mom. [Blushing] )

Thanks again!

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, I'm glad you like it! I think there's enough yardage there to get at least a hat and scarf set easily. Enjoy!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine! Raia sent a delightful package of Israeli chocolates along with recipes for babaghanoush and hummus, and a jar of Tehina, which I've since learned is the "middle eastern ketchup" :-)

Thanks very very much! My two year old adores the chocolate logs!!! And I get to try babaghanoush as soon as I can find some decent eggplants.

Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]

I'm so glad it arrived, and that you like it! I was conferring with a lot of people before I finally decided it was a good idea to gamble, and hope that you like to cook... [Razz]

Let me know how those work out for you!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Btw, was the t-shirt in the package too? There was a t-shirt that I meant to send you, but you didn't mention it, so I don't know if I forgot to include it... if so, I have to frantically search around my room, and mail it separately! [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
The T-Shirt was there! Sorry, I haven't mislaid it or anything.

Sadly, though, even though I gave my size and everything, it doesn't fit me...apparently the Israeli "XXL" is not the same as the Wal-Mart XXL... However, I have five children and a wife, so we will not fail to put it to use.

And, as a matter of fact, if it's cuisine from any region of Asia or Africa at all, it fascinates me. So, yeah, I love it!

Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that the t-shirt doesn't fit! [Frown]

But I'm glad it made it. [Smile] Yay!

Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

I just let my daughter try it on, and she likes it. So yay all around!
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I definitely want to participate in this if and when it happens next year.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today!

I drove up to my house after work and i saw the package and was so excited because i knew what it was right away!

My secret giftee was Niki! (Valentine014) and my package was just lovely. I was so tickled by everything she gave me -- fairy stickers, a notepad, and some stationary ( i do love the faerie folk) and the box was filled with little stars/moon/sun glittery-bobs and i don't know if she knew that, but i adore sun/moon things as well. And she also sent a fun book which is one i've been meaning to buy for awhile, coincidentally. It's called "All About Me" and you fill them out with all this information about your life -- it's one of those scenarios where i've seen the book for years in Barnes and Noble and the like, but just never got around to actually BUYING the darn thing. Now i have it!

Niki, thank you so much. I will be sure to put all of them to good use, and it made me really happy to see how much effort you put into even just wrapping and packaging the gift! Thank you so much [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift from Katharina today! She sent a box of handmade chocolate Christmas lollipops. Of course I could not post without a taste test and-yummy! I suspect there are three kids who will be very solicitous, too. [Wink]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] I'm so glad you liked everything! I did know you liked those things (I did some independent research). I'm just so pleased I did well! [Big Grin]

My gifter did awesome as well! Kama got me a wooden dragon keychain from Brussels and the cutest reindeer fingerpuppet. Thank you so much!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I had mine mailed today! My giftee can expect arrival by week's end.
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it today! Thank you, Phil! [Smile] Did you have some inside information on this one? The selection was PERFECT. *grin*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What, you're not telling what it is?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kama:
chocolate covered potato chips? [Confused] [Angst]

I LOVE chocolate covered potato chips.

Ohhhhh, I am an addict, and I haven't had a fix in years....

Grrrr.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today. Romanylass sent me a Han Solo action figure and some homemade chocolate truffles. MMMMMMMMMMM. Thank you. [Smile]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
My present came in today! Derrell sent me Magic Street and Anansei Boys by Neil Gaiman. Perfect timing and great selections; I've needed something new to read and these two were on my list. Thanks! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. I hoped you didn't already have either of them.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today!

Shan gave me...

...in response to my comment about wanting to be more up to date with US politics, a wide variety of periodicals of varying political affiliation,

a strangely appropriate wall calendar of featuring political posters (including one of my favourites, Rosie the Riveter), the cover of which informs me that I am "on Aboriginal Land",

and 3 pewter figurines of soldiers to add to my now-not-so-secret collection.

[Smile] Thanks Shan!!

Edit: sp

[ December 12, 2006, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Euripides ]

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
pH - Come up to NC this weekend... we're having a little tasting party... : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Every time I see Shan's name with an exclamation point after it, I think people are talking to me... *sigh*

[Angst]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

When I was in chemistry class and the professor was talking about "esters", I always looked up.
festivus
Member # 9963

- posted      Profile for festivus   Email festivus         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so everyone knows, this is breyerchic04, I just thought it'd be easiest if some of the posts were with an SN that makes you think of the holidays, and I have the hatrack email in there so you don't have to think which one to email.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Romany, I'm glad you liked them. [Smile] They were very fun to make. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you enjoy them, Derrell.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
The kind UPS man just handed me a white box at my door... AND GOOD GOD! Those chocolate covered chips that everyone's been talking about?! First thing I see in my box. I haven't even looked at the rest yet and I'm this excited. Thank you so much, Chris (Phoenix)! AND a Williams-Sonoma Dessert book. My roommates (Juxtapose & Infrared...oh and Eros/Demonstrocities) will love you for this gift , I'm sure.

Thanks again! You made my day!

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Derrell, your gift kept me up into the wee hours of the morning, but I finished Anansi Boys. I'm already hooked into Magic Street. Alas for my circadian rhythm.

Thanks again.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I did not get mine yet [Frown]

and those are good books.

festivus
Member # 9963

- posted      Profile for festivus   Email festivus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's ok, it doesn't have to come until Christmas. It just should be mailed by now.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I got it today! Thank you, Phil! Did you have some inside information on this one? The selection was PERFECT. *grin*
Glad you like it Tom.

I did have some inside info. My first thought was to get you Origin of PCs, from OOTS. Then I was thinking that if you had that, I'd get you the Hedge Knight graphic novel.

I suspected you may have one or both of the potential items, and when Christie confimed my suspicions, she gave me a few ideas [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope ya'll are all happy now! I had to go to the Utz site and order some of these choc covered chips for myself and it's all ya'll's fault! [Smile]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
Dawn Maria, I got your package today. Thank you so much!!!!

All, Dawn Maria sent me an absolutley beautiful necklace, bracelet and matching earrings that she made, green, black, white and silver. Just stunning. A great fit for me. I have very little jewelery because splurging on myself is never an option. My daughter made me put them on right away, so I'm strutting around like a queen.

Thank you thank you thank you. After the day I had, this made me feel really really great.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
I got my gift today!

Glad you like it, Euripedes! Glad it got there in a timely fashion! Enjoy the reading . . . it's definitely slanted in local fashion for politics. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift the other day, but due to a broken computer, haven't had an oppurtunity to post.

JT was my secret Santa. He actually got me something rather usefull. Currently I have a cubicle job. He got me a Firefly tree ornament, which doubles as a thing you can put on a metal pin for display. So going in my cubicle. LOVE it.

And in addition, he sent me a Sampler CD of him singing, which, soon as I have a moment, I shall listen to (dead computer and no cd playing in car. Go figure.) [Smile]

JT, thanks so much. Very cool gifts all around.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
DaisyMae,
I am so glad you like it! I love to make jewelry and don't usually have trouble putting pieces together but when I knew I was making it for someone else I got nervous about the color choices and design and everything. I hope you enjoy it!
Dawnmaria

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan and I sent out our gifts yesterday. Our giftees should both be getting them by Tuesday (so say the UPS dudes).
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you liked it, Nate. It was cool enough that, when I opened it, I briefly considered not sending it on to you.

"Hmm, he might not like this. Maybe some store bought peanut brittle would be better. . .NO! Do the right thing, brain!"

Since my cubicle is already decorated with cool and nerdly things, I think I did the right thing. Barely.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, Dawn Maria, I couldn't have chosen better for myself. [Smile]
Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
JT, you should've seen the look on his face. He was absolutely thrilled with it and immediately put it on display. He even considered us getting some sort of christmas tree to hang it on (all by itself).

Nathan's got a fantastic reactions to presents. It's awesome.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.