FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
*Makes a mental note to get Xavier some dark chocolate bunnies*
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo
I want dark chocolate bunnies...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tate
Member # 9201

- posted      Profile for Tate           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Therese for the HARDY BOY BOOK ,I can't wait to read it. I collect them, that is one I don't have. I like the space age crstal growing kik thank you. I thought the petrifed hot dog story was funny.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
This is Tate's (Nathan's) mom, Therese -- thanks! What wonderful ideas -- they were perfect. And great timing! They had a gift exchange at school today and his gifter forgot to bring his present in. Nathan forgot his, too, but he had a mom that could sneak away from work and save the day. [Smile] Unfortunately, the other child's mom could not do that. SO, it was wonderful to see the sparkle in Nathan's eyes when he saw his Hatrack gift had arrived!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, Tate!! I'm glad you liked it!! [Smile]
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent my gift, and it ought to have been received by the beginning of the week. It is just floating out there, lost in the ether, alone, unloved...

Poor gift!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by maui babe:
quote:
Originally posted by Stray:
I just got my gift! The Rabbit sent me three lovely skeins of yarn, one of which is raw silk that she dyed herself,

COOL! Does anyone know of a source for raw silk yarn that you can dye yourself? I'd like to try that.
I bought it on e-bay.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stray:
I just got my gift! The Rabbit sent me three lovely skeins of yarn, one of which is raw silk that she dyed herself, and some fair-trade chocolate! Thank you so much, I can't wait to dive into all this stuff [Wink] (I am sorely tempted to open the chocolate now and spoil my appetite for dinner, but I'll try to be good.)

So glad you like what I sent! [Smile]
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

- posted      Profile for festivus   Email festivus         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, it arrived before your person was at the address they wanted it sent to, and now that they are, I'm not sure how much internet they have, I'll check with them in a bit (they likely aren't awake at the moment, I"m not sure why I am).
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today too! (Yes, I am finally home!)

KELLY! Thank you so much! You scored so well! Your gift covers almost all the bases of Raia's crazy obsessions! [Smile]

I don't know if you did research or not, but being a music major and total broadway geek, the CDs are perfect... she gave me a piano tribute to Enya, as well as the original broadway recording of the stage play The Lion King! Lovely!

ALSO, this one I'm even more impressed with (you MUST have researched)... I have a crazy fixation on pigs. So the piggy bank was a great choice! Especially since now I have one indigenous to your area... it even says so! [Smile]

And the scarf is SO WARM AND FUZZY! And I love that shade of pink... I took it out of the box, and my mom was in the room, and her first reaction was "oh, how beautiful!" I have difficulty wearing scarves, sometimes, because they itch my neck, but I have had this one on since I opened the package half an hour ago, and all I feel is warm and cozy! [Big Grin] So thank you, thank you! [Kiss]

Btw, my favorite part was opening the box and finding infinite University Bookstore bags in it... [Big Grin] Somehow it seemed like foreshadowing that this would be an awesome gift, haha!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante I just opened your gift today. I didn't get home until a couple of days ago, and then I kept forgetting to ask my parents where it was. Today I was determined to find it and I did.

She sent me two scarves in my favorite colors. One summer weight one in very fuzzy yarn and another very thick warm one. Which is absolutely perfect concidering I spend most of the year in southern Georgia and the winter in Indiana. Also included are three chocolate Christmas trees in white, milk, and dark chocolate from a local chocolate factory. Very, very tasty!

Thank you so much for everything! I will try to post some pictures, but I need to find my camera first.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

I was about to call you and see if you got it. But then I'd have to find my phone and stand on the deck at the right angle to make it work.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
KPC, I don't know if you'll be able to hang them up this way, but if you can get some sort of hook on either the wall or ceiling by your kitchen, that would achieve the appropriate effect. [Smile] They should definitely be hung at or above eye level, so no putting them on a fridge hook either... [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon! Thank you! Dragon gave me a beautiful book of myths from Roman history, and then a hand-drawn Christas card. I'm absolutely delighted! Thank you - this is very cool. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Allegra, I'm glad you received the present and that you like it! I crocheted the scarves myself, and I was thinking of you with every stitch. Enjoy!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today from Coccinelle! She gave me a super yummy smelling candle, an orange chocolate bar, and a really cool book about interesting/weird things in Texas! I absolutely love all of it...thank you so much! [Smile]
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyerchic e-mailed me today and said I should call home to find out if my gift is there yet. It is, but, as per my request, my family didn't open it. Now I'm going to die of suspense.

Thanks a lot, breyerchic.
:grumble:

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Thank you Hank, your gifter was getting nervous, as they have had bad experiences with FedEx. No grumbling.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift from Frisco today.

I got an "I heart NY t-shirt" (you're going to have to wait til my bf gets down here with his camera to see if I look HAWT in it), A gorgeous vase, and some bamboo to grow. I especially love the bamboo, because I've been in my sad about not having a garden phase, and now I have something new to grow.

Thank you so much!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
no dog? no gabriel? *disappointed*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I came so close to asking blacwolve's mom the other night if the package made noise, and if so did it sound like a baby?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
I got my present. Thanks for the bread Matt, it tastes great! Unfortunately the cd sent with it was snapped in half so I wasn't able to listen to it.
Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I am wondering, though, what do I do with the bamboo? I've tried looking online, and I can't find any instructions. My google-fu is pretty crappy, though.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Bamboo goes in a small vase with stones at the bottom, the end buried an inch or two in the stones. Then cover the stones with water. It's very pretty in a clear glass vase; my boyfriend keeps some, green with blue, marble-looking stones at the bottom.
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
*twitters feet excitedly waiting for her Hatrack gift*
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe I typed my address wrong

[Frown]

*really likes presents*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Synesthesia, I promise it's ok, you didn't type your address wrong, some people are busy and some are far away. There is nothing wrong unless you don't get your gift by christmas. You started worrying about it before gifts had to be mailed. I haven't gotten mine yet, neither have many people. Actually I have 25 people I still don't know if they have sent their gifts.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am away from my house till Tuesday night.. so if my gift comes before then, I'll have to wait.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I think either Emma's or my package came yesterday but wasn't delivered. Our stupid postal worker never puts anything but "Hamilton" on the slip so I don't know who it's really for. But we will get it today.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm thinking my postal worker did something even worse yesterday. He pulled half way into the driveway, saw neither of the cars were home, and left, without a slip, thinking he'd deliver it today. Grr, this is what I get for my dad making friends with everyone [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We have filed so many complaints against our post office, it's not funny. They do much worse things than that...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

We don't get mail on Mondays, actually, our mail gets delivered to a specific neighbor with four kids on Mondays.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Bamboo's really easy, Kara. All it needs is water, I think. At least that's all I've seen it stored in. Maybe store owners are too cheap to buy dirt.

[ December 16, 2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
I am wondering, though, what do I do with the bamboo? I've tried looking online, and I can't find any instructions. My google-fu is pretty crappy, though.

They are supposed to be really easy. I got one recently and found this link to be very helpful with quick tips. Just make sure you use filtered water. I believe mine didn't thrive well because I used tap. Good luck.

Bamboo plants care tips

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
*sighing with relief*

According to usps.com my gift has made it one step closer to its destination. Yea!

*brimming with anticipation* [Smile]

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today, from Social Chic. mmmmm yummy Blueberry Muffins to make. I'll let you know what they taste like later.

Thanks!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Raia. Glad you like them [Big Grin]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
Maybe store owners are too cheap to buy dirt.

Really? I hear it's dirt cheap.
Hank
Member # 8916

I finally got home, and my gift was waiting for me.
Thanks, pH! The box is really lovely. Now I just have to figure out which of my many treasures are worthy of it.

I also like the ornament a lot. I actually have a sentimental attachment to Hello Kitty stuff, because I was born in Japan, and have a lot of Hello kitty stuff from when I was young.

And I especially like the card. Where did you find it? It's definitly going on my wall when I get back to school!

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you like it! [Big Grin] I got the card at Rite-aid. I like polar bears. [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ketchup Princess
Member # 7716

- posted      Profile for Ketchup Princess           Edit/Delete Post 
It was mine! It was from Hank, who my mommy says has obviously dealt with toddlers before because there were a lot of things and each one was individually wrapped. [Big Grin] I had sooo much fun tearing off all the paper!

I got a book with pretty pretty pictures of the Shenandoah Valley (is that what the song Mama sings to me is about?), and a Care Bears coloring book (I LOVE to color) and a toothbrush that looks like a crayon that I wanted to open RIGHT NOW but Mama said I have to wait until it's time for a new toothbrush and a "magic towel" washcloth Mama says I can have in my bath tonight-- she remembers loving those when she was my age, and a CD we listened to in the car that's a demo from one of Hank's friends. I liked it, I calmed right down listening to it, it was kind of folky with lots of guitar, which I love, and Mama says that most of the songs are good enough that if she happens to have it in the car next time she's at a party with Grandpa's music industry friends she might be tempted to pass it along to someone who has an in with a folk label, but I told Mama it's MINE and she can't give it away without asking me.

I love that all. Thank you!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
*cuteness overload*
*again*

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

Aww!! I'm so glad you liked it all! (And I'm glad it was all things your mama approved of).
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I got a box from Shan and Nathan today. I haven't opened it yet though, and it's driving the kids CRAZY! Perhaps tomorrow or the next day... [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

They say Wednesday will be the busiest delivery day of the year.
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine!! From eisenoxyde. I got a super cute little stuffed burro with a stick of dynamite in his mouth. He's Blaster the Burro, mascot of Eisen's school. Very cool! Also included was a gorgeous book of photographs of Colorado.

Love it! thanks, Eisen!!

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is that if it's taking them at least a week to deliver priority mail, I'm glad I didn't send it by a slower route.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad it arrived, Boon! I was getting scared that it went astray, 'cause we sent your box at the same time we sent Euripedes' gift to Australia. Hmmm . . . what does that say about postal service in the states . . . ? *grin*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today from Layla/Dark as Night!

On a Sunday!

I sat right down and opened it up. Yay! I'm not the patient kind.

The bits were all wrapped individually in ski magazine glossies - what a great idea! I opened the wooden spoon painted with a traditional Russian pattern first, followed by a pair of candles, which I left at home so I can't tell you the scents, but I know I like them. And then the candle holders - they are so pretty! They suit me perfectly.

Then I opened the sushi mat and seaweed. I've always avoided sushi in the past because I don't like fish. But now I will go to the Japanese grocery in the market and ask them about vegetarian sushi. Whole new vistas of culinary delight to explore! (And one I probably never would have on my own.)

The calendar of scenic places in America is lovely, with all sorts of cool photos. I am going to hang it on my wall above my desk, a spot which has been crying out for some decoration.

There was ginger green tea cushioning the candle holders. I am going to try a mug of it tonight. I adore green tea. I love ginger. There's nothing I can possibly see as less than amazing about combining them. (Holy awkward sentence, Batman!)

Layla also burned me a pair of her favourite Celtic music CDs. I have neither of them, amazing! I can't wait to put them on, especially the Christmas one.

Last but very definitely not least was a journal from India. Handmade by Tibetan children, with ricepaper and an assortment of pretty flowers embedded in each page. It is gorgeous. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, except save it for a special occasion.

Thank you so much, Layla! You should have seen the glee on my face when I saw the box, and as I unwrapped each gift. Thank you for a wonderful start to the season!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.