FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*bounces with excitement*

*tries to guess who her Hatrack Gifter is*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

- posted      Profile for festivus   Email festivus         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, did you get your present, I haven't recieved info if yours has been mailed, or if the sender got theirs.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I want a CD of JT singing too!! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not.

That's why I'm trying to guess who my gifter is. 'Cause I have no clue whatsoever. [Smile]

All part of the fun!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Yup. Ok. I've just not heard from them and I'd like to know a few things.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
What's killing me is that I know mine has been delivered... What if they hate it and just don't want to make me feel bad?!?!!
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I should probably say that even if mine arrives today, I won't be able to open it. I wasn't sure where I was going to be, and anyway my apartment can't receive packages, so I asked it to be mailed home. I'll be there next on the 20th or so, so if you are my person and haven't heard my reply, it's just because I haven't been able to open it yet!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine arrived at my home either today or yesterday. I, however, have not yet arrived at my home. So I still don't know who sent it or what is in it. Please don't tell me, either. I'm looking forward to the surprise. I just don't want my person to think it got lost or anything.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I recieved mine yesterday! I love the fluffy silver scarf.

I also got a surprise present from Kat that I love.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
<continues watching thread>

<hopes his gift doesn't suck>

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't think your gifts suck, just remember teh person you sent it to might not be online as much as you are. But they do have to post here, or I'll freak out at them. And really tommorow is when the freakouts start (I just took my last final).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cmc:
What's killing me is that I know mine has been delivered... What if they hate it and just don't want to make me feel bad?!?!!

I remember feeling the same way last year, cmc. But when Frisco finally responded he included picutres and everything, and seemed to be enjoying the gifts in them. I'm sure that your person will like what you got them.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I too should say that I'm not at home, where my gift was probably sent to. I wasn't told it was there yet, so I'll just have to wait and be surprised after the 20th!
Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Originally posted by cmc:

I remember feeling the same way last year, cmc. But when Frisco finally responded he included picutres and everything, and seemed to be enjoying the gifts in them. I'm sure that your person will like what you got them.
Those were some pretty epic pictures.

I remember not quite believing what I was seeing!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
glad you liked the dragon Val [Smile]

I got mine from Imogen!!!! She sent me Australian goodies: chocolate covered coffee beans, herb salt, and a bar made with dried fruit, cocoa and other things that smells of Christmas (really it does!). I had to try everything immediately, including the salt! [Big Grin]

Thanks Imogen!!!

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Squish:
The kind UPS man just handed me a white box at my door... AND GOOD GOD! Those chocolate covered chips that everyone's been talking about?! First thing I see in my box. I haven't even looked at the rest yet and I'm this excited. Thank you so much, Chris (Phoenix)! AND a Williams-Sonoma Dessert book. My roommates (Juxtapose & Infrared...oh and Eros/Demonstrocities) will love you for this gift , I'm sure.

Thanks again! You made my day!

Yay! Glad u like your gift [Smile] Hope u bake lots of stuff! Now u can bake me something chocolate [ROFL]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine! Thank you erosomniac!

Sorry I made it hard for you by not listing interests, but I like surprises... And you were definitely right who wouldn't want this spiffy magnetic thing? The only problem is that now everyone on my hall is going to spend all their "should be studying" time in my room playing with it. [Razz]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad it got there, Kama.

The salt is pretty cool, because it's got Australian native herbs and stuff in it. As does the panforte, I think.

The chocolate covered coffee beans - well, not so Australian, but so yummy. [Smile]

(Oh, and I'm sorry it wasn't all wrapped and pretty - I was in a rush, and forgot to take stickytape and scissors to the stores (I had to pick up one last item and then send it). I did have wrapping paper, and I tried creative folding with no cutting or sticking, but it failed miserably. So I just sent them.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my present today! Silly me, I forgot that I needed to check my mailbox regularly, so it's possible that it's been sitting there for a few days.

I am the very happy recipient of a beautiful crocheted scarf. The black and white will go perfectly with my new black coat!

Also, I squealed with joy when I saw a Serenity comic book! I've always wanted to try one. (It is a comic, right? I don't know, I don't know the difference between comics and graphic novels and I would hate to make a faux pas)

Thank you Kara (blacwolve)! This was perfect [Smile]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you liked it.

I think graphic novels are compilations of comic books. So I use them interchangeably. I had to ask a ton of people's advice on what to get you. I'm glad it was what you wanted. [Smile]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I should also mention that I won't be in Ontario until this weekend, so if anyone is wondering why I haven't posted yet, that's why.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my package today! I loved it. [Smile] It was from Carrie.

I always need a bookmark since I'm always being interrupted! And I think the chili peppers are cool. Do they keep the evil away, or maybe rats like in Enchantment? [Wink]

The snowflake for a note was a very nice touch.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And you do not know how much self-control it took me not to shake it. I signed for it and felt how light it was, and I wanted to shake it so much to see if it slid around or rattled! I was tempted all day (at least the parts I was awake.) But I didn't.
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
Yay! Glad u like your gift [Smile] Hope u bake lots of stuff! Now u can bake me something chocolate [ROFL]

If you're ever in Seattle, I'll do just that. =)
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark as night:
I guess I too should say that I'm not at home, where my gift was probably sent to. I wasn't told it was there yet, so I'll just have to wait and be surprised after the 20th!

I'm in the same boat. I'll be home this weekend.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I suspected you may have one or both of the potential items...
This, by the way, is why people often consider me enormously hard to shop for, even though my interests are pretty clear-cut and obvious; I have enough disposable income that when I want something small and silly, I buy it. This means that when traditional gift-giving times roll around, I already OWN all the small, silly things someone might think to give me, leaving them often only small, silly things I didn't think to buy and/or huge, expensive things they can't afford to give me any more than I could afford to buy myself.

I actually suspect that this is why so many Dads get ties, too. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] For Christmas I'm giving my dad a tie. That's what he said he wanted!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
quote:
Originally posted by Dark as night:

I'm in the same boat. I'll be home this weekend.
I'm in the opposite boat - I'm leaving tomorrow for Tijuana to build an elementary school and 2 houses. I won't get back home until next Thursday.
[The Wave]

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
I received mine today. I am stunned at how beautiful it is.. literally. I mean, amazingly so.
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

I just emailed everyone that I was not positive had mailed their gift going off of my list which is compiled by email.

The holiday beating stick should have begun, and you should be singing jinglebells twice a day, if you still don't mail your gift by December 24th, you will be talked to by the hatrack mafia.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KetchupPrinceConsort:
I got my package today! I loved it. [Smile] It was from Carrie.

I always need a bookmark since I'm always being interrupted! And I think the chili peppers are cool. Do they keep the evil away, or maybe rats like in Enchantment? [Wink]

The snowflake for a note was a very nice touch.

Yay! I'm glad you like it! The peppers... well... they don't ward of evil, unless it's something Bruce Campbell's chasing. [Smile] They're a very Southwest thing to have up in the kitchen, and they look cool. No, they look hot. [Wink]

(And I love making snowflakes.)

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
My present arrived today - sent by Narnia.

She sent homemade toffee, a CD she burned which includes her mom and her students singing, and a learn-to-crochet kit. I haven't had a chance to listen to the CD yet because I'm at work. And - please understand that I think this is hilarious - I bought that same kit about a week ago! This means that I can let Cayla have the kit I bought (she already stole it from me) and keep this one for myself without worrying about "where's that darn size G crochet hook?"

I am so very pleased with my gifts. Thanks Narnia!

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Which crochet kit was it? I've been looking at one.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
I got mine! Thank you erosomniac!

Sorry I made it hard for you by not listing interests, but I like surprises... And you were definitely right who wouldn't want this spiffy magnetic thing? The only problem is that now everyone on my hall is going to spend all their "should be studying" time in my room playing with it. [Razz]

Whew, glad it was okay. ^_^ Happy holidays!
erosomniac
Member # 6834

My office goons just delivered my secret santa gift from Boris! He took my "what I want" information to heart and sent me a book on feng shui to assist in my apartment-arranging.

Oddly appropriate, as I'm actually familiar with feng shui, but haven't had a reference book in several years since my friend borrowed my last one and then, uh, mysteriously vanished with it.

Thanks, Boris! ^_^

Noemon
Member # 1115

Breyerchic, I can see your email message, but I can't read it or reply to it from work. In any case, sorry I forgot to email you. I did post in this thread when I sent my gift, though. I sent it Monday night, and sent it priority mail, so my recipient should be getting the package today.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Thanks Noemon, I'll check you off.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Xavier's gift is here and it's taking everything in me to not rip it open.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still biting my nails waiting for mine, though I suppose I deserve it for making my presentee wait until this morning for me to send mine off, I just couldn't decide what to get!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Still no present [Frown]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by Valentine014:
Xavier's gift is here and it's taking everything in me to not rip it open.

EXACTLY how I felt!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and Carrie, how do I hang the peppers? Do I put them on a hook or a nail or what? We're in an apartment with cheap construction so stuff tends to fall off and I don't want to invest too much time in hanging it as I'm still hoping to move in the next year... Maybe I need to invest in some of those "as seen on tv" "Hercules hooks."
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and is it just for decoration, or if I wanted stewed chili and chicken could I break a couple off and use 'em? Not that I don't like the decoration, but I'm also a chili fan. [Smile] (You can tell I'm the kitchen person in the family, huh?)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
CaySedai, I KNEW you would have bought that!! Drat. I'm glad you can enjoy two of them, not many people could. [Smile] The CD went with my Christmas cards this year, so you got one too. And, I like the toffee best refrigerated, but you can eat it how you like. I'm glad everything got there safe.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my gift! The Rabbit sent me three lovely skeins of yarn, one of which is raw silk that she dyed herself, and some fair-trade chocolate! Thank you so much, I can't wait to dive into all this stuff [Wink] (I am sorely tempted to open the chocolate now and spoil my appetite for dinner, but I'll try to be good.)
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stray:
I just got my gift! The Rabbit sent me three lovely skeins of yarn, one of which is raw silk that she dyed herself,

COOL! Does anyone know of a source for raw silk yarn that you can dye yourself? I'd like to try that.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I wish the mail system would hurry up with the package I sent. It should have been there by today at the latest. I really want to know if my person liked their gift. I'm hoping so, but I've been kind of second guessing myself ever since I bought it.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
festivus: It's in the car, but I bought mine at Hobby Lobby. It's got a booklet, which states that it has instructions for left-handed people (Cayla is a lefty), five or six regular-sized crochet hooks, an extra long crochet hook, two plastic needles, a knitting/crochet stitch gauge ... That's all from memory, so I think there are a couple more things but can't remember exactly what they are.

I looked at the Hobby Lobby site and it's possible that this kit is slightly different from the one that I bought. But it looks like it's got most of the same stuff. Anyway, I'll mark mine and Cayla can keep what she has. ;-)

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift from Icarus today [Smile] .

It is an assortment of candy from all over the world. There is some from China, Japan, France, Italy, England, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and Norway.

They all look very yummy, and while the one made from Goat milk is perhaps a little scary, I am still looking forward to trying it [Big Grin] .

Right when I opened it, I had a delightful chocolate covered wafer from France, and a little bite of milky chocolate from Italy. I'm thinking after dinner I will try something fruity. Perhaps the Juy-C grape candies from Japan.

I'd like to say that these candies will last me a while, but I'd be surprised if they lasted me much more than a week. I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Thanks Joe!

PS: I am not Canadian, though I am from upstate NY, which has the same climate [Wink] . I've never heard of Canadian Smarties, but look forward to trying them.

PPS: I don't dislike dark chocolate, and have been known to enjoy it in small quantities, so no worries. So if someone gave me, say, a big dark chocolate bunny, I'd still probably eat the ears.

[ December 14, 2006, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
breyerchic, I sent CaySedai the Susan Bates "Teach yourself Crochet" kit. It has all the stuff she just described.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.