FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift a day or two ago, but forgot to post....sorry!

White Wale was my Santa, and I got some really cool stuff. He bought some imported things from a little local shop near him, and they were imported from Africa. I got a really cool hand-painted box, and inside was a metal scorpion that was made from a tin can and hand-painted. He also took some wood chips from where he lived and mailed them so I would get a little taste of home. [Smile]

I am a bad person, though....I didn't send my own gift until yesterday. [Frown]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea, I'm glad it finally arrived. I sent it just about two weeks ago and started to worry that it got lost!

Hope you like 'em.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I do....it's great. I love the box too.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
posted by eisenoxyde:
I got my present. Thanks for the bread Matt, it tastes great! Unfortunately the cd sent with it was snapped in half so I wasn't able to listen to it.

Glad the bread was good. [Smile]

Sorry about the CD. I'd make you another and send it out, but due to some horrible timing and a crazy storm, my computer is fried and I'm leaving the state to visit my parents for Christmas and new years. If my hard drive is still intact I'll be able to send out a new copy in mid-january.

EDIT - This is Juxtapose, I borrowed my roommate's computer and forgot to log her out.

[ December 18, 2006, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Squish ]

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shan:

I'm glad it arrived, Boon! I was getting scared that it went astray, 'cause we sent your box at the same time we sent Euripedes' gift to Australia. Hmmm . . . what does that say about postal service in the states . . . ? *grin*

o.O
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift from Eaquae Legit this weekend, but had no internet access. I got a very nice asian-style teapot and cups (one of which, unfortunately, succumbed to the vagaries of international mail brutality), and a little bag of lavender. The bag was very potent and the whole package smelled wonderful. There was a nice letter from EL that included a recipe for chicken cooked with the lavendar, which I am going to try over the holidays. I haven't had anything cooked with lavendar since my trip to France in 2002, so I'm eager to give this a try.

Thanks Eaquae!

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told that the other two packages I sent the same day (and same method) as my Hatrack gift have arrived, so that's good news.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have all the packages been mailed yet?

*curious*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
All I can say is that if it's taking them at least a week to deliver priority mail, I'm glad I didn't send it by a slower route.

Current USPS Priority Mail times is 7-10 business days for the continental U.S.

UPS' current ship times for Canada orders (from Seattle!) are even more horrifying: they posted 10 business days, but the parcel I shipped on the 3rd of this month is not scheduled to deliver until the 29TH. Thanks for ruining Christmas, punks.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Well - I'm just hoping my person hasn't had access to a computer OR is waiting for a specific day to open...

I leave Thursday until 1-4 + probably won't be on-line much because I'll be too busy gallivanting in Europe. Hopefully they like it!!! Although - even if they hate it, I'd still like to know...

: )

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! I'm so sorry, Karl! I tried to wrap them securely. I'm glad the pot and other cup made the trip safely, though.

Let me know if the chicken turns out well for you. [Smile]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Just an FYI - I'm travelling tomorrow for a couple weeks, so if/when my present makes it to my home, I won't be able to write about it. [Frown]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soundstream
Member # 9869

- posted      Profile for Soundstream   Email Soundstream         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift last Friday, but couldn't post until now...sorry about that!

I just wanted to thank Astaril for the lovely homemade cards and White Christmas DVD (a classic film). She obviously went to a lot of work, and the photos are beautiful!

I also hope that my gift recipient will post soon, as he should have his gift by now. [Smile]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Not all have been mailed yet but it's getting there, KQ.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gifts! I didn't get my hands on it until yesterday, but the books look great and the money soap is awesome!
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Who was your gifter, Paul?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
Ack! I'm so sorry, Karl! I tried to wrap them securely. I'm glad the pot and other cup made the trip safely, though.

Let me know if the chicken turns out well for you. [Smile]

Don't fret. I'm saving the shards of the broken cup. It's too far gone to glue, but I'm thinking of using the larger ones in a beading project. [Big Grin]

I will let you know about the chicken. Thanks again!!

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Larisse!! I got my package a few days ago but my mom forgot to tell me that it had arrived! Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts!

I got an iTunes giftcard (very useful!), a blue sketchbook, an interesting photograph, and a pretty ring that she made herself. She also made an awesome card that said "Have a Merry Hatrack Christmas" on it. It was so original and it made my whole day!

I'm glad I was in the gift exchange this year... it was fun putting together a gift for Tate, and I loved the package Larisse put together for me! Thanks again. [Big Grin]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a package today but it wasn't my Hatrack gift... *sigh*

Okay, I admit it, I'm starting to be jealous because my husband and daughter got theirs and I didn't!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
"Have all the packages been mailed yet?"

Sigh. No, I managed to completely forget until a) I got a polite reminder from the gift exchange elf and b) my own gift arrived. It came beautifully wrapped, though, so I put it under the tree for Christmas morning. I shipped my package out today (not KQ's, sorry).

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, if it makes you feel any better, I'm starting to believe that my giftee disliked my gift so much they are refraining from posting so as not to hurt my feelings.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that's not the case, DaisyMae. They probably just don't have access to a computer and/or time to post right now.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea! I'm so glad it got there in one piece, Allison. I really didn't want to spoil the surprise by filling out the customs declaration... Luckily the postal worker put it on the bottom of the box. I'm glad you liked everything. That tea is one of my favorites too!
Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Daisy Mae your gifter is very busy all of the time and I believe currently celebrating a holiday, I'm sure she loves it.

KQ, I was told your gift was absolutely perfect but I'm not sure if it has been sent yet.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
DaisyMae - don't feel bad... I'm in that boat, too. Oh Well... I think it's super cool and if they don't post - I'll just post what I sent anyway... : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

CMC, I've told you she recieved it and thought it was cute. Please people, it isn't Christmas yet, you don't need to panic. If you are concerned, email the hatrack festivus account.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine! Thank you very much Paul! I started reading it as soon as I got it. Have you been post-stalking me or something? Actually, I don't even think I posted here that I'm taking a Colonial America class this next semester. Uncanny. And religion is always a topic of historical interest. [Smile] . Thank you very much.

Oh, and much thanks to breyer for organizing this and putting up with everybody [Smile] . You are teh awesome. [Smile]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Aren't I always teh awesome?
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

Yes. [Razz]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
So, just as an FYI: I'll be out of town from the 21st-28th, so if you don't hear from me, please don't worry. I have a friend picking up mail and checking the house. I'll post when I'm back in town! [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Shan, thanks for letting us know. Though your sender isn't reading hatrack at the moment.
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
breyerchic04 knows all and sees all! [Smile]
So be good for goodness sake!

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yeah or I'll give you someone creepy.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine a few days ago and totally forgot to post.

The CD has been imported to my iTunes, the Trek book was one I didn't have, and most importantly, I found the semi-secret message in the little one.

thanks tom!

And nathan completely mocked me about knowing who my secret santa was.

I retaliated by waiting to open the package until after dinner, when nathan declared that if I waited any longer, he would open it. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
beautifulgirl57... I totally missed your post. I am so glad you liked your gifts. It was really fun putting everything together. I hope the ring fit. [Smile]
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I received mine today, but I have difficulty figuring out what it's for. I like the shiny reflectors, though!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
AoD, I'm told that it's a hat for you to wear in Chicago.

A shiny hat.

Wrapped in shiny paper.

With shiny reflectors.

Because you like shiny things.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for the advice on the bamboo. It is currently sitting happily on my dining room table and I've recieved several compliments on it in the past 3 days.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:

A shiny hat.

Wrapped in shiny paper.

With shiny reflectors.

Does it keep the aliens out of her head?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:

A shiny hat.

Wrapped in shiny paper.

With shiny reflectors.

-pH

I hope it does!

*shiny stuff makes simple organisms like me happy*

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

quote:
That part remains to be seen.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got it in the mail!

Thanks for the shirt and kind card Noemon! The fact its a long sleeve shirt is REALLY nice I have so few of those even though I love em, far too many short sleeve t-shirts!

Still sweating about my package having not found its destination yet!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
quote:
Originally posted by Squish:
The kind UPS man just handed me a white box at my door... AND GOOD GOD! Those chocolate covered chips that everyone's been talking about?! First thing I see in my box. I haven't even looked at the rest yet and I'm this excited. Thank you so much, Chris (Phoenix)! AND a Williams-Sonoma Dessert book. My roommates (Juxtapose & Infrared...oh and Eros/Demonstrocities) will love you for this gift , I'm sure.

Thanks again! You made my day!

Yay! Glad u like your gift [Smile] Hope u bake lots of stuff! Now u can bake me something chocolate [ROFL]
I just realized this was Chris. He forgot to log me out when he posted this. (Both of our desktops are on the fritz, so we're sharing the laptop)

So, Squish, your Secret Santa was Phoenix (aka Chris), and he's the one begging for something chocolate. [Wink]

Noemon
Member # 1115

You know Karl, I suspected that that was Chris. The post was much more in his style than in yours.

Blackblade, I'm glad to hear that it arrived. I hope you like it. While I like the design on it quite a bit, I realize that not everyone actually likes shirts with things on them.

Actually, while that design is one of my favorites of the artist's, it's not the one that I walked into the store intending to buy for you. I wanted to get you either this one or this one, but the artist hadn't printed either of those designs onto a dark colored shirts in that size (how is the size, by the way?).

Here is the design that was on the shirt, for anyone that's interested.

If you can't view the images but want to see the shirts, here is the artist's myspace page. The design I got him is the one labeled "birds tree", and the ones I had in mind for him initially were "birds, wire, post" and "birds on wire".

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

quote:
Originally posted by larisse:
beautifulgirl57... I totally missed your post. I am so glad you liked your gifts. It was really fun putting everything together. I hope the ring fit. [Smile]

yes! it did!! thanks again. [Smile]
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, I -like- those shirts! Excellent choice [Big Grin] .
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
You know Karl, I suspected that that was Chris. The post was much more in his style than in yours.

Blackblade, I'm glad to hear that it arrived. I hope you like it. While I like the design on it quite a bit, I realize that not everyone actually likes shirts with things on them.

Actually, while that design is one of my favorites of the artist's, it's not the one that I walked into the store intending to buy for you. I wanted to get you either this one or this one, but the artist hadn't printed either of those designs onto a dark colored shirts in that size (how is the size, by the way?).

Here is the design that was on the shirt, for anyone that's interested.

If you can't view the images but want to see the shirts, here is the artist's myspace page. The design I got him is the one labeled "birds tree", and the ones I had in mind for him initially were "birds, wire, post" and "birds on wire".

No I really like the design though I would have liked any of those designs [Big Grin] You have nice handwriting [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Ladyday, aren't they cool? As a bonus, the guy who designs them is really nice as well (and has a dog who hangs out at the store who is even nicer), so I was able to support someone I like while getting the present.

BlackBlade, thanks! Glad you like the design!

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Think my package has arrived, my brother mentioned I got stuff in the mail this week but he didn't give any details, I'll be in NJ by tomorrow night to see!

And, um, I *finally* sent my giftee my present today (Wed.) (um, I live out in the country and it was the first time I'd gotten into town in a few weeks to be able to get something to finish up the package, um, err, um), so it *should* be there Friday or Saturday... [Frown]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Noemon:
quote:
BlackBlade, thanks! Glad you like the design!
Wearing it to work today!
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.