FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Official "I got my Hatrack Gift today!!!!!!" Thread
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
noemon, these shirts are truly awesome!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
My gift should get there today. I hope they like it!
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine today!!! From Ashley/sarcasticmuppet. The BYU vs. U of Oregon football game had just started on TV and somebody said, "there's a package for you". As my eyes left the screen and my hands excitedly opened the box, I discovered a bit of traditional BYU cheer! It couldn't have been more appropriate for the moment. [Smile]

Ashley sent me a bag of cinnamon bears, a Y favorite, and a beautiful BYU mug. I absolutely LOVE it!!! There will be hot chocolate in it tonight! What a great present. I'm a lonely Ute in a line of Cougars at my house, so I anticipate much teasing and laughter when they see me drinking out of my BYU mug! [ROFL] Thank you Ashley!

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
In NJ now... and yep, there's a package here, from maui babe! [Big Grin]

It makes a kinda "thwap" sort of sound when I shake it....

... but I'm gonna be patient and wait until Xmas...

"thwap"... hmm...

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't thwap too hard!

I hope you like it.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Please tell me you subjected him to li hing.

Pretty please.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

"li hing"???

I'd google that, but this isn't my computer, so I'm afraid of what I'd find... [Angst]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's an acquired taste.

Apparently it's one of those "love it or hate it" foods.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo... li hing. maui babe was my Hatrack gifter last year. She sent me some nummy dried mango slices with li hing sprinkled on them. They were gone within minutes.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*dances*

I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it!

A mail person (not our usual one) handed me a box with a very familiar address! I only know one person in that town, and sure enough my Hatrack Santa is Rayann (Boon)! (We've sent her things and visited her before, that's how I know her address.) I ripped it open as soon as I found some scissors (I am NOT a patient person!)

There is a very cozy shawl/wrap/thingy (I'm not sure the exact word, but it's warm and soft and wearable!) I put it on straight away because 52 degrees is too cold for me even with my flannel jammies and fleece Snuggle Sack on. And there was a "family gift" inside it, too, and I should have waited and put that under the tree or at least let Emma open it with me but I didn't because I'm bad. It's a book that has stories geared toward 3- to 5-year-olds that teach about God's love. It is so perfect! Now that Emma is almost three and Jeff is actually home more often I have been wanting to have more regular Family Home Evenings but was kind of at a loss as to how to start. But these stories will be wonderful for our FHE lessons! Thank you sooooo much! [Kiss]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I'm sooo glad it made it before Christmas. I 'bout killed my husband when he told me he hadn't sent it the week before like I asked him to.

I chose that wrap because it's a neutral color so will go with just about everything, and has no size, so you can wear it even while carrying a baby (in your arms or otherwise). [Big Grin] It's also machine washable (cold water, drip dry).

And I just knew you'd love that book! I got a copy at a yard sale several years ago. I bought it without even opening it just because of the title and it was only $.10. It's since become one of our staples for quick bedtime stories. We love it, even though we skip a few stories (it's written by a LDS and has a few stories from the BOM in it). So when I spotted a copy online while I was searching for something else, it screamed "BUY ME FOR THE KETCHUPS!" So I did. [Smile]

Love you dear. [Kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Wow, I didn't even notice it was an LDS book (although it did say "Heavenly Father" instead of "God", that's not uncommon.) Even perfecter!

And I am enjoying the wrap keeping my chestal area warm right now while I have my Snuggle Sack and jammies undone to nurse the baby. [Cool]

Boon
unregistered

[Big Grin]
maui babe
Member # 1894

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Please tell me you subjected him to li hing.

Pretty please.

[Big Grin]

I can't tell because he hasn't opened it yet... but of course I gave him some local flavor.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

quote:
Originally posted by larisse:
Oooo... li hing. maui babe was my Hatrack gifter last year. She sent me some nummy dried mango slices with li hing sprinkled on them. They were gone within minutes.

Did you have a different user name last year? Because I remember sending to someone else. But I could just be getting senile.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Maui Babe, you are listed for Larisse last year.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! I got my present from breyerchic herself! It's a lovely wool purse with the most adorable strap. It's all fuzzy and the prettiest shade of blue. I completely love it!!

I also got a CD of some music performed by Sarah and her compadres (is it your senior year in high school? I don't have it with me at the moment.) I can't wait to hear it, I LOVE to hear what other music directors do, and I'm so jealous that you guys have an orchestra.

This is the second year that the gift exchange organizer has drawn my name (last year katharina sent me my gift.) I feel special! Thank you Sarah!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It was my senior year, and our most fun concert.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jeni for the lovely jewelry box [Big Grin] . I was so excited to get my hatrack gift and it came just in time - I very much needed a pick me up [Smile] .

Thanks again!

Edit: Told Fozz he needed to buy me more pretties to fill it up...I dun think he's going for it though *grins*

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Still didn't get one [Frown]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

- posted      Profile for festivus   Email festivus         Edit/Delete Post 
Still not christmas. Still ok. I still haven't either.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Ok I got mine. It is this little guy unpainted. Thanks Libbie. What a cutie, I'd seen him. Now I have to think what color to go.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
How about pink?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Well tante, if you had seen my bedroom you wouldn't find that as funny. Though pink horses do exist, I can almost see him as a red roan.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I received Allegra's gift! It is a book by David Sedaris (Naked) whom I've heard of and am interested in reading, some hazelnut-filled chocolate balls, and a CD of bass soloists, some of whom she knows personally! Did you record these yourself? What a fantastic collection! The music is a little outside my familiarity, and that's cool because it will expose me to stuff I don't know about. I think books in general are awesome gifts, and I'm very much looking forward to reading this one! I also really enjoyed reading the letter that came with the gifts--there's something just so pleasing about reasing somebody's hand-written words! [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy you enjoyed it. I was getting nervous that it wouldn't get there.

I did not record the cd myself, I compiled it using my iTunes. The music by my teacher was a gift and it has never been released. It took me forever to get it down to just what is on there. When I first made the playlist it was 4x the maximum length. I almost just made 4 cds, but I decided one was enough for a first try. Let me know what you think.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dr. Strangelove for mentioning you'd posted! I somehow missed it when you did post! I'm glad that the book is on topic for you [Smile] I had no idea it would be, to be honest, but it seemed like something you would enjoy based on your posts I've read. And, really, how can you go wrong with a book about the origins of our country?!

Pam-
Thank you so much for the gift. I'm really enjoying the Koontz book right now, and the soap... well, the soap is great [Smile]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

This wrap is becoming my most-used Hatrack gift ever! It is so warm and snuggly in the cold mornings, I wore it to church yesterday, it's handy for covering up when my top is a little too small for nursing discreetly in, I threw it on for a late-night bathroom trip...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to say here to the as yet to be recipient of my gift that I am very sad that you seem to have not received my gift on time [Frown]

I sent it with plenty of time to get there but apparently not as you have not received it. Would it be prudent to declare who I was supposed to give a gift to so I can coordinate something else in this thread? Or should I sit on my hands and continue to sweat?

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas anyway, especially my giftee.

[ December 26, 2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Two years ago, my giftee's gift was sent back as undelivered (if I remember correctly, she was out of town and told the office to hold it, but they didn't), and I received it back sometime in March I think. I sent it back out, and she got it in, um, April? It's all a little hazy, but something like that.

You wouldn't be the first to have your gift arrive late. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Opened my gift from maui babe! (Brother's family politely refrained from asking "Who is this skanky Internet woman that you're getting a present from??" [Wink] )

Cool stuff =
-- Wow Wee Maui chocolate bar (with kona coffee). Gone in 10 seconds. Mmmm.
-- Lokiki jelly "made with aloha." Also mmmmm. Targeted for tomorrow's breakfast.
-- Maui calendar, pretty pictures of Maui. Someday I'll make it there. Meanwhile, I can envy maui babe...
-- and an Ikaika warrior helmet, which is a small reproduction (head about the size of a walnut) of a feathered headdress with a long straw beard/tentacles. Thinking of asking if my niece has any Barbie dolls we can outfit with this; would this actually give Barbie relevance, or be extremely inappropriate?

Thanks maui babe! Chocolate, food, local flavor, and quirky. Mmmmm. [Smile]

Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah to all!

Opened my gift from anti_maven and family yesterday. Loved it!

He sent me a documentary from Spain about the Basque separatist movement and ETA - which is more perfect that I think he realized, since I spent undergrad studying terrorism and international relations. The Basques are one of the most interesting examples since the conflict has been going on for *so* long. They've also evolved in recent years and some circles are beginning to wonder if they haven't given up terrorism in favor of something different, possibly providing a model for dealing with other conflicts.

At least that's what the American pundits say. We'll see if it lines up with the documentary, which I'm sure is a much more authoritative source [Smile]

Anyway, wonderful choice, I'm really excited to watch it.

Also, he included a list of Sci Fi/Fantasy recommendations (I had put "new SF" on my list), which will come in really handy when I finish Empire and need to move on to a new book!

Thanks, anti_maven! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Blackblade you don't declare until it arrives but I'll sort of let them know.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-- and an Ikaika warrior helmet, which is a small reproduction (head about the size of a walnut) of a feathered headdress with a long straw beard/tentacles.
Too bad that wasn't lifesized, plaid. Somehow, I can just SEE you sporting that around.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Altįriėl of Dorthonion... I got your gift. Thank you.

The beaded necklace is beautiful. I love the colors of burgandy and pink. I am trying to figure out if the pink beads are shell or glass.

The postcard was very nice,too. The last time I was in Southern California I was just a little girl.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
quote:
-- and an Ikaika warrior helmet, which is a small reproduction (head about the size of a walnut) of a feathered headdress with a long straw beard/tentacles.
Too bad that wasn't lifesized, plaid. Somehow, I can just SEE you sporting that around.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Yeah, it would make a great farm hat, wouldn't it? [Smile]
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe tomorrow...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I'm glad you love your wrap so much KQ! I was thinking of making me one, too. Now I'm definitely going to. [Smile]

I opened my box from Shan and Nate yesterday. Wow! The whole box smelled wonderful from the scented trivet. That'll definitely get some use!

The crocheted hats for the kids are so cute, and they (and the cat) loved the tops...but the big hit was the stone tic-tac-toe game! They made me leave it on the end table and they keep coming back to it.

Thank you so much! They're already talking about what they're going to write back to Nate! [Big Grin]

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
So*, I arrived home from my holiday weekend to find my gift waiting for me...another Festivus!

Plaid got me a giant tuber. At first I was thinking it was a regular potato and thus an Idaho joke, but I read his letter, and it was a sweet potato grown in his garden. 5+ pounds...he said he had some 10 pounders, but I can just imagine the postage on those. [Razz]

*breaks out knife and puts some water on to boil*

Also got some seeds for some giant "Mortgage Lifter, Radiator Charlie's" tomatoes. And the story behind the name. Very cool. My dad lives in upstate NY, and he has a garden, so I may make him grow them for me and just reap the benefits. [Smile]

And for my reading and listening pleasure, a YA novel about NYC, The Pushcart War, which I'm sure Gabe and I will both enjoy, and a CD of local Virginia duo Morwenna Lasko and Jay Pun. Haven't gotten around to listening just yet, but judging by the acoustic guitar and violin being wielded by the musicians on the cover, I think I'll enjoy it. [Smile]

Thanks for everything, Ken! Merry Billtmas!

Gabe with the sweet potato, for scale.

Sweet potato with last year's Hatrack Festivus gift.

Just Gabe.

[ December 27, 2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good golly, that thing is huge!

And the potato's pretty big as well.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
He's a beautiful baby. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

He's a precious baby! And I thought the sweet potato looked awesome in last year's gift-- but it's a tough call between the potato and Frisco. Can we see the baby in the tassels? I bet he'd win. [Razz]
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about putting Gabe in the tassels for pictures...but didn't feel like dealing with anyone at the Department of Child Services so soon after a busy Christmas.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So we should expect them after the new year?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoenix
Member # 8089

- posted      Profile for Phoenix   Email Phoenix         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I'd just like to say here to the as yet to be recipient of my gift that I am very sad that you seem to have not received my gift on time [Frown]

I sent it with plenty of time to get there but apparently not as you have not received it. Would it be prudent to declare who I was supposed to give a gift to so I can coordinate something else in this thread? Or should I sit on my hands and continue to sweat?

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas anyway, especially my giftee.

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, but my comp. has been down and I haven't been able to get online much at all.

I did receive my gift on time and I am very happy with it. I really like the Marvel T-Shirt and REALLY love the Phoenix cut-out you sent along with it.

I greatly do appoligize for the long wait for my post about my gift. I am really happy with it and you don't have to sweat it anymore. [Smile]

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! [Party]

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Phoenix's delay is mostly my fault, BlackBlade. His PC has been down for over a week and we took mine down to troubleshoot the parts for his, so all we've had is the laptop, which I've been hogging.

His gift came just before Christmas and he really couldn't have been more pleased. Thanks for making my sweetie smile! [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
But of course! Glad Phoenix liked it, I was originally going to send just the shirt then I was thinking, "Oh hey his handle IS phoenix...hmmm..."

Glad I timed it so well, hope your computer issues get resolved.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Me too. The phoenix cut-out is really clever. Did you use a pattern or make it up yourself?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

Could anyone who has not recieved a gift please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.