FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Describe yourself visually (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Describe yourself visually
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Wombats do not belong on people's faces. [Razz]

Also, I think these pics belong in this thread. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Cute wombat, Euripides!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
Wombats do not belong on people's faces. [Razz]

Better than sandpaper. Besides, beards are great! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with pH and Raia on this one. There are some pretty cute guys who post on Hatrack. I don't have any pictures online at the moment, but I promise I will soon. As soon as get around to it [Wink]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Better than sandpaper. Besides, beards are great! [Big Grin]

I am firmly in the beard camp. Facial hair on a guy = UNSTOPPABLE HOTNESS. Especially when paired with glasses. Every few days my husband will shave off his goatee (he's Italian, and thus it grows quite crazily so it must be tamed at least once a week). I always get very sad on shaving days.

Gents with facial hair, keep up the good work. Libbie approves. (For whatever that's worth. Also, apparently rivka does, too.)

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm....Libbie I would have to disagree with you. I love the glasses. Glasses are always hot. But facial hair? I can usually do without it. It's not horrible, but I like a clean-shaven man
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Libbie:
Facial hair on a guy = UNSTOPPABLE HOTNESS. Especially when paired with glasses.

True story. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one of me in my living room. Taken months ago, for no particular reason. Any similarity to Twinky's picture is purely coincidental. [Smile]

oh, don't mind the rodent under my leg. I have weasels loose in my room. They run the show around here.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer women without facial hair.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a pic of my son and I. If you dig Picard baldingness, then here it is. (and I'm only 27).

And...I have a bald sphynx kitty to share in my follicly-challenged world. (Don't worry, just camera flash, she doesn't have evil orange eyes).

[ December 19, 2006, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Marlozhan ]

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Here I am in my favorite habatat; hiking in the beautiful Nevada desert. I am the old guy in uniform. link
The bystanders, Boy Scouts all, are there to protect the forest.
link two
Here is another, out of uniform. The opinions expressed in the petrogliph in the foreground are not necessarly those of the respondent.

[ December 19, 2006, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Artemisia Tridentata ]

Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
So. Twinky. Speaking of seeing you in your natural habitat, whatever happened to the infamous guitar picture? [Wink]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's still around. There are also some more recent versions of that shot that pop up every now and again.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
You should post it for all your adoring fans on Hatrack. Or send it to Tiger Beat, take your pick.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Tiger Beat?

Do I want to know? Can I safely attempt to find out from work?

Added: Ah, Wikipedia, vast repository of useless knowledge. Nice, Storm. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! A lot of you guys are very good looking! Too bad I'm not twenty years younger! (oh wait-- I DO have a daughter that might be interested in these pics) [Wink]

Dr. Strangelove - your eyes are gorgeous. And vonk is very hot too! I had no idea.

Most of you (the ones I haven't already met in person) look pretty much like I imagined you would, except nighthawk. He looks nothing like I had him pictured, for some reason.

Is Artemisia Tridentata the only one in my age range who has posted pics here? rivka - did you post?

edit: oh, and Marlozhan - are you LDS? You look an awful lot like another friend of mine (who is LDS) and I wonder if you're related.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

and Mister James Tiberius Kirk (JTK) -- I DID notice that you posted in both this thread and in the "describe yourself physically" thread, but in neither did you actually describe yourself OR post a photo.

Something kinda unethical about that! [Wink]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Artemesia, was that pole in the first picture one from Swiss Gear? Just curious. Looks an awful lot like my trusty hiking poles.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
http://360.yahoo.com/brojack17

You can click throught the four pictures on the left.

One is of me at the 255' level of one of the Space Shuttle Launch Towers (I don't remember if it was 39A or 39B)

One is me with my youngest girl (Josie) at a 3D movie

One is me with all four of my girls (Left to Right: Michaela, Candace, Josie, Mariah)

One is me with my wife Cindy

Don't bother reading my blog, there is only one entry. It sounded like a good idea, but I thought it was silly to write something that no one would read.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Artemesia, was that pole in the first picture one from Swiss Gear? Just curious. Looks an awful lot like my trusty hiking poles.
Actually, I heard it was one from Costco! I hike with a 5'8" cottenwood staff. It comes from Mt. Grant and reminds me of home where ever I wander.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
If I knew how, I would post my sake avatar...
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:

Don't bother reading my blog, there is only one entry. It sounded like a good idea, but I thought it was silly to write something that no one would read.

Well, if you posted to let us know about it, we might read it! I think there's a "who has a blog" thread somewhere around here; you can also link to your blog in your profile.

I treat mine like a journal-- and am better about keeping it because of the public commitment of having friends who read it.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
from kojabu:
quote:
steven, is there a story behind that picture of you (I'm assuming it's you) as a little kid?

I went to several day care situations before age 5. A dance studio was one of them. We had a dance recital. I wore that outfit in the recital.

from CT--
quote:
steven, you look so happy! I swear to goodness, we should talk of other things besides nutrition sometimes. I have caught the dry wit before.
Heh. email me.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
  • This was taken shortly after I got a job as a secretary in New York when I was 32.
  • This was taken right before I moved back to Israel (right after having my hair done). I was 34.
  • This was taken almost a year later, at the grand opening of the first GLBT center in Jerusalem. I was 35. The cute chick next to me is my partner.
  • This was taken at a previous job for the staff page. I was about 40, I'd guess.
  • This was at a Hanukkah party at my sister's house. That's my sister in the picture, and me at 43 years and too many pounds.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Those seem to be forbidden, Lisa.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just click in the URL bar and hit return, Val.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Did that work? I must be logged in or something, because I don't have any problem seeing them.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
that worked for me, Lisa.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
edit: oh, and Marlozhan - are you LDS? You look an awful lot like another friend of mine (who is LDS) and I wonder if you're related.

Yes, I am LDS, though I'm not sure who you might be thinking of. I have few relatives that look like me, even my siblings, since they are all half-siblings. I look most like my twin uncles, one who lives in Virginia and the other in Spokane, WA.

But I have been told on many occasions that I remind people of somebody else. Must have one of those faces...

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Noemon.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure Val, glad to help.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not a fan of facial hair, pH?

I like the beard. [Smile]

I'm not a fan of facial hair either. Heck, I'm not a fan of hair that is located anywhere other than your head, period.

I wish men would shave those "other" areas. [Frown]

[ December 19, 2006, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry AoD, too much of my life would then have to be devoted to shaving. I'd probably have to give up reading.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some pics of me on my new photobucket !
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm torn. My sister straightened some of my hair and evidently I bear an uncanny resemblance to Peter Petrelli (from Heroes), except I have facial hair. I'm kind of in the mood to shave it, just because I haven't in a while. But my little sisters adore my "wombat". One threatened to not speak to me on Christmas if I shaved. So I'm stuck. I suppose it'll be a split second type decision.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit:Here if you don't have a photobucket account.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Don't we look a lot alike? (she's my little sister)
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to post a picture of myself, but sadly, (and shamefully) I hang my head and admit I don't know how. [Dont Know]

Umm, does someone want to help me? [Blushing]

(And while I'm admitting utter ignorance can someone also explain what O_o and Mayfly are? I'm so embarrassed, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.)

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! gorgeous, libertygirl!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.photobucket.com

Make an account, upload a pic, post the URL. Fairly simple.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Do you already have a photo on some website somewhere, DaisyMae? If so, simply go to the "full reply form" and use the URL link option to paste in the address of where it is.

(and a mayfly thread is a thread that plans to be very shortlived -- much as the insects 'mayfly ' only live a few hours to a couple of days. It means the poster plans to delete the thread once their question is answered)

beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

Oh, btw.

Here's me with my sister... (I'm on the left)
and me with my awesome cousins.. I'm the second from the left, next to my giant brother. [Big Grin]

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by beautifulgirl57:

Wow. Honestly... when I first looked at this picture, I was going to ask if you were related to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by beautifulgirl57:

Wow. Honestly... when I first looked at this picture, I was going to ask if you were related to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
*goes to look up Zaphod Beeblebrox*

[ROFL]

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
*psst* Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Zaphod wasn't born with two heads. The 2nd was surgically implanted (IIRC). Therefore it wouldn't be heritable.

Those guys from Monty Python and the Holy Grail however ... it would make perfect sense for them to have a 2 headed relative.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
quote:
Not a fan of facial hair, pH?

I like the beard. [Smile]

I'm not a fan of facial hair either. Heck, I'm not a fan of hair that is located anywhere other than your head, period.

Ouch!

And even more stubble burn, ew!

aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
This is me a few years ago. I should probably get a new one.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
[QUOTE][qb]

Ouch!

And even more stubble burn, ew!

Owwwwww.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
This is me a few years ago.

Oh, baby!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.