FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Petition Thread (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Petition Thread
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Noemon, you ever get a chance to go back through that thread from awhile back? You said some pretty un-nice things about me that you said you'd back up. I waited, but...
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I take it you never got my email. Is the address in your profile not one that you check?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
quote:
However, 'into my wife' absolutely is an important part of my identity, thanks kindly.
I'm not aware of anything that was said here or in the deleted thread that would call that into question.
But your judgement is not the relevant one.
It is when his is by far the majority opinion. It's you who overreacted and misinterpreted, and apparently continue to do so.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough, I rarely let my emotions be dictated by a majority vote of Hatrack.

I am not enjoying this thread; I will post no further in it.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Well I was gone for 2 days so I never got to see what people were so worked up over....

Someone email it?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am not enjoying this thread; I will post no further in it.

Damn you all, now my man-crush on King of Men will forever go unrequited! [Cry]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
That was old the first time you did it, Sam.

Now it's just sad and tedious.

Man I don't even understand why you would have a problem with it at all unless you totally misunderstood the meaning of it in both instances, which ... ah, yeah, I guess you did.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Man I don't even understand why you would have a problem with it at all unless you totally misunderstood the meaning of it in both instances, which ... ah, yeah, I guess you did.
Your inability to understand me does not mean that I misunderstood you.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a perfect example of a quote that goes around as easily as it comes around. I could literally retort just by saying it back.

Gotta say it doesn't happen often!

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

As long as you quit doing your blah blah dishonest restatements of other people's discussions, I don't particularly care.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
quote:

*couldn't help myself* 8)

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the whole point of scientific integrity was that it didn't have anything to do with your character, but that certain things are self-evident and repeatable. I should think the whole point would be that there is nothing inherent to religious experience that can take the place of a well supported scientific conclusion. And that's perfectly fine.

But I've read this thread in a bit of a screwed up order. I think I went page 1, then 4, then 3 then 2.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

wha.
pooka
Member # 5003

Back on page 2 folks were trying to draw an analogy between attacking a scientist's integrity vs. attacking a religious person's integrity. Integrity is integrity, but science should be independent of one's morals.

I mean, there's a whole other can of worms about what are morals v. ethics and all that.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

ethics ae suporior then morals because morals are too easily bent by relative perspective.
pooka
Member # 5003

That's like saying rocks are better than light. Better for what?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds more like saying rocks are better than stones.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
As long as you quit doing your blah blah dishonest restatements of other people's discussions, I don't particularly care.
That would be all fine and great if they were dishonest restatements and not friendly sarcasm.

Like I said, y'know. Your inability to understand me does not mean that I misunderstood you. But if you really don't care then feel free not to announce how sad and tedious you think my statements are, in all the glories of your stern affect.

:>

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
That would be all fine and great if they were dishonest restatements and not friendly sarcasm.
Sarcasm is, by it's nature, a dishonest restatement of something.

Moreover, they're not particularly friendly. And even if you mean them as friendly sarcasm, they are equally tedious and sad.

As you admitted, you lack the ability to understand why someone who understands your intent would have a problem with them.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oddly enough, I rarely let my emotions be dictated by a majority vote of Hatrack.

You should give it a try; you might find it an improvement over letting them be dictated by homophobia and insecurity.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
quote:

You should give it a try; you might find it an improvement over letting them be dictated by homophobia and insecurity.
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

This thread is kinda silly TBH.

All right stop that, clear off, we'll have no more of this. It's silly!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Sounds more like saying rocks are better than stones.

No, he's clearly saying the rocks have different properties than the stones.

Anyway, rocks can bend, at least if you look at them from an objective standpoint.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
As you admitted, you lack the ability to understand why someone who understands your intent would have a problem with them.
I'm sure you think so, but you also think that I wasn't being friendly. I consider you a terrible judge of character in these regards.

Give it a rest, fella. You're being stuffy. :>

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
I'm sure you think so, but you also think that I wasn't being friendly. I consider you a terrible judge of character in these regards.

Give it a rest, fella. You're being stuffy. :>

I'm not judging this by your intent. It's almost irrelevant.

You can give it a rest any time you like.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

The value judgments and pronouncements about what I am or am not saying, as well as the mischaracterizations, I all expected.

What I did not expect was you parroting back my own comments in a 'no, you shut up' fashion, especially given that's included in the sarcasm that provoked you to insult me openly in the first place.

This is all coming across as really dumb to me.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

dagonee is a meanie no he isn't you're dumb no you're dumb shut up no YOU shut up now back to thread in progress.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot to say "blah blah" first.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
I think someone has a man-crush...
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread reminds me of that Batman story where he compiles a list of everyone's vulnerabilities.
So we know that Blayne is vulnerable to hacking, KoM to questioning his sexuality, and Dagonee to restating his words ...

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
Originally posted by MattP:
I think someone has a man-crush...

Only on Jon Boy. He's such a hottie.
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
This thread reminds me of that Batman story where he compiles a list of everyone's vulnerabilities.
So we know that Blayne is vulnerable to hacking, KoM to questioning his sexuality, and Dagonee to restating his words ...

And I know yours.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Okay, that made me laugh.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
"Mr. Mucus", I like that [Smile]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, my weakness is all too obvious. [Cry]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

But you're the MightyCow, don't you have any inherent invulnerabilities to help you combat the butcher menace?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
dagonee is a meanie no he isn't you're dumb no you're dumb shut up no YOU shut up now back to thread in progress.

exactly!
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:

exactly!
laughed Sam, quite racistly.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But you're the MightyCow, don't you have any inherent invulnerabilities to help you combat the butcher menace?

Chickens in choppers.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
laughed Sam, quite racistly.
"You may continue your feeble protests," continued Sam, the frenzied hate of several generations of disaffected white hicks gleaming in his eyes, "My heterogene ray will turn us all into sissy white boys -- what will hip hop do, then?"

The council knew that if they did not intervene, it would be nothing but Country and Indie Pop until the end of time.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

quote:
I take it you never got my email. Is the address in your profile not one that you check?
That's my email, but I have a bunch of filters set up. I wasn't expecting a private resolution of public attacks, so I wasn't sepcifically looking for an email from you. I probably missed it.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent the message on April 8th, if you want to go back and look for it. I can't access that email account from work, but I'll forward you a copy of it when I get home, if you'd like. The gist of it was that after going over both of your posts in that thread, neither of you seemed to be exhibiting a level of snark beyond the bounds of what's generally accepted here.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Why do you think you accused me of it then?

As you know, I have my theory.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

My theory is that no one wants to give you the benefit of the doubt because you spend most of your time here being a condescending know-it-all holier-than-thou a-hole*.

Why do you behave that way? I have my theory.

*who says hyphens are dead?

Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Squicky, really, let it go. All of it. There's no need for any animosity to or from anywhere to continue. Whatever you're holding a grudge for, it was a long time ago, in another country. Besides, the story is dead. You don't have to hold onto it anymore.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Jt,
No one? Or are we talking about a specific group of people?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
who says hyphens are dead?

You make a compelling argument.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no conspiracy. There is no vendetta against you. There is no, as far as I know, discussion of you at all outside of these tiresome threads. Whatever you're imagining, the reality is that this is an old, played-out story that no one wants to think about anymore. You can just let it go.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

quote:
There is no conspiracy. There is no vendetta against you.
Who said there was? All I see is a clique of people who stand up for each other and attack those who criticize people inside the clique.

I don't think it is too much to ask to be treated fairly even if I am not popular, but it certainly seems to be.

kat,
Even after your initial way out of line insult, you were nasty and petty in this thread and your behavior damages the forum. This is a consistent aspect of your behavior here. However, your clique mates will defend you and respond to people calling you on it with insults and unjustified attacks on the peopel bringing it up. Even Noemon, who you claimed has reined you in at times when your behavior was really out of line, won't admit that people who see your behavior as nasty may have a reason for this.

I've said multiple times, stop being nasty and you won't have any problem with me. But you really shouldn't expect people insulting me or your latest artifice to accomplish the same thing.

[ September 26, 2007, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.