FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My group's newest music video!!! (3 million hits and rising + CBS, NBC and CNN) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: My group's newest music video!!! (3 million hits and rising + CBS, NBC and CNN)
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

- posted      Profile for Ace of Spades           Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing in that post was:
1.knowingly false
2.inaccurate
3.abusive
4.vulgar
5.harassing
6.obscene
7.profane
8.sexually oriented
9.threatening
10.invasive of a person's privacy
or
11.violative of any law.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
BB's a tyrant, you're a martyr. Bad BB! Poor unfortunate AoS, who doesn't have a history of inflammatory, insulting posts at all. I don't know why anyone would doubt you.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Ace of Spades: Your post was abusive, mean, and intentionally so.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't quite get the almost year old necro complaint. Was he banned for a while or something?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
No, he was not.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
On the plus side, every time I see this thread title I think of the Maccabeats and how awesome their latest video is. So the thread necromancy, like necromancy in the real world, wasn't all bad!
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
necromancy in the real world

'Scuse me?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

What? Does... does that not happen?
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

O_o

*backs away slowly*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

Abusive of whom?
Posts: 431 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
ace of spades and dobbie are some straight talk cops and they're gonna bring some order back to this town, justice for little girls, calahannnn, etc
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
On the plus side, every time I see this thread title I think of the Maccabeats and how awesome their latest video is. So the thread necromancy, like necromancy in the real world, wasn't all bad!

aw shucks.
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Hey! Stop that right now, you two! We're talking about what a lazy, hypocritical jerk BB is and emphasizing the martyrdom of Dobbie and Ace of Spades! Stay on topic.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

But they're aaawesooooommee!!!! And adorable.
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
Candlelight is almost up to 6 million on youtube!
Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Hey! Stop that right now, you two! We're talking about what a lazy, hypocritical jerk BB is and emphasizing the martyrdom of Dobbie and Ace of Spades! Stay on topic.

Lazy and hypocritical, no.
High-handed and obstinant, yes.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Oh, man, I haven't snort-laughed out loud for a forum gag in awhile! 'Obstinant' is really subjective, but 'high-handed'? Can you point to anything, anywhere, that would characterize either him or his moderation as high-handed? I think if you asked around, you'd be-amazing!-completely alone there.

But then it's not like you're being honest in the first place, hence the gag!

vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
Re-post it. See what happens.
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

quote:

Lazy and hypocritical, no.
High-handed and obstinant, yes.

Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

He was nice enough not to edit your post to correct your spelling of "obstinate," which a more high-handed moderator might have done. [Big Grin]
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

That would be pedantic.
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

High-handedly pedantic!
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

Or pedantically high-handed...
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

There was a post that was deleted from another thread on February 23, that may have been construed as abusive.

This one, no way.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

And your word on whether or not your own posts are infractions is good enough...why?
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
Armoth - my wife and I were talking about your videos recently (since this thread came back out of obscurity!) and we were wondering something...

I think I read somewhere (either in this thread or one of the linked articles) that Maccabeats was a university music group...does that mean that the group has yearly turnover as one class graduates and another comes in?

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

We originated as a university group. Currently, you have to be a student or an alumnus of Yeshiva University to join. We've taken on new members every year, except for this one (because, at this point, no one is leaving...)

Since the Maccabeats did well, two other acapella groups have sprung up at Yeshiva University, so we feel like we've passed on the torch.

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

quote:
And your word on whether or not your own posts are infractions is good enough...why?

Because.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

That's about as good a reason as anything you say!

(This is fun-whine some more, AoS! [Smile] )

Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

quote:
Oh, man, I haven't snort-laughed out loud for a forum gag in awhile! 'Obstinant' is really subjective, but 'high-handed'? Can you point to anything, anywhere, that would characterize either him or his moderation as high-handed? I think if you asked around, you'd be-amazing!-completely alone there.

But then it's not like you're being honest in the first place, hence the gag!

I am being "honest". My post was in no way inappropriate and it should not have been deleted.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Armoth: Just to let you know, I think someone is mining your YouTube subscribees - I've been invited to be friends with two Jewish channels on YouTube. They are SalomonSaysVideo and LoriAlmostLiveVideo. The only connection I can figure is that I'm subscribed to the Maccabeats.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

Thanks - How does one deal with that?
rivka
Member # 4859

Considering those are probably (from the names) Aish videos, I vote for "be honored". [Wink]
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
If I had a YouTube channel, I would contact the people using my list and ask them nicely to stop.

I guess I (as the invitee) could contact them and let them know that not everyone who subscribes to the Maccabeats is Jewish ...

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
and let them know that not everyone who subscribes to the Maccabeats is Jewish ...

I am certain they know this.
Armoth
Member # 4752

lol - i just got a friend request.

It's not new to us. The second our video did very well, other Jewish groups that wanted the same viral quality have been hounding us. Every new Jewish thing gets posted on our facebook wall (which I promptly delete). And they even post their videos in comments in our videos.

It's now a popular way to advertise your video as: "Maccabeats are old news - this is better"

or "Better than Maccabeats!!!"

Which...i find hurtful...cuz, u know, i'm not a brand. I'm a person.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Would it really be better if the tagline was "Better than Armoth, who's totally a person!"?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

You know what I'm saying. There are real people behind this stuff, and you hurt their feelings when you divorce their brand from their personhood.
rivka
Member # 4859

You are absolutely right. Nonetheless, you would be well advised to try not to take this sort of thing so personally.
Armoth
Member # 4752

I'm not taking it SO personally. It's just a unique perspective that I'm sharing with friends.
Pluto the Plutonian
Member # 12828

- posted      Profile for Pluto the Plutonian   Email Pluto the Plutonian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

So, still no resolution?
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny timing, I meant to look this thread up.

I had no idea the Maccabeats were on Spotify! It was suggested to me today. Got to relisten to a lot of old favorites.

I also thought of you guys because the Sing-Off just started again, and I'm sad you never made it onto the show.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Man how did I miss this thread for so long? The video is great! Great job on it, Armoth. I can't believe you have 9 million views. That's crazy!
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Pluto the Plutonian:
quote:

So, still no resolution?
Could you elucidate?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.