FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 13)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
What happened with Curse/CLG?

Also way to go Dignitas!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Just looked at the results today. Everybody in NA LCS has lost now at least once. I think that bodes so well for this upcoming season in the NA.

Very happy with this past weekend's results.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
CLG beat Curse in a game that ended 4-0 in kills, the first coming after 23 minutes... Curse made a very weird decision to swap two lanes that would have been in their favor, then their jungle Gragas got his blue stolen by a freaking autoattack (had used smite on red), and after that Curse never really challenged CLG. It felt like a non-game.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Just looked at the results today. Everybody in NA LCS has lost now at least once. I think that bodes so well for this upcoming season in the NA.

Very happy with this past weekend's results.

Also, every team won at least once, that's not bad either. Coast even got two wins, one of them vs XDG. I wasn't really expecting XDG to finish 1-3 in the first week.

EU is a little more spread out and with more predictable results, with Fnatic at 4-0, Gambit at 3-1 (one loss vs Fnatic) and Alliance (with former EG, Lemondogs and CW members) at 0-4.

So far I'm most interested in TSM (because of Bjergsen [Smile] ) in NA, and a bit in Gambit. It will probably take a couple more weeks for me to get to know all the teams though.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah, we here in the NA got some truly solid European talent this year in Bjergsen and EG.

Europe got EdWard back on Gambit Gaming though, and I must say, I think he's doing much better there than he was on Curse.

Also, as much as it saddens me to say it, Curse putting Saint Vicious on coaching duties and as backup made the right call. They are playing better as a team overall.

Corwin
Member # 5705

By the way, I almost forgot about the OGN Champions Winter final. Luckily for me it's going to be Saturday morning, starting at 10AM. I'm playing poker with some friends on Friday evening, but I'll definitely try to wake up early enough to catch it. [Smile] You know, at this point I'd like to see a SKT T1 K vs TSM match just to see the awesome lane with Faker and Bjergsen!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Heh. Problem is Korean teams are just so fantastic at group communication. I still can't figure out why that is.

edit: That is, a mid laner relies on their jungler as well as being able to roam to another lane and setup plays, that's all communication, and it seems like some teams just luck into plays. Every time I heard what teams are saying when they play "Sounds of the game" it's "go go go ahri ahri ahri I'll get ahri, flash flash" all with other players saying unintelligible stuff in the background.

Look at how many deaths happen because of miscommunication, it boggles my mind that somebody goes in for a gank while their teammate is backing off. How does that happen?

[ January 21, 2014, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, we here in the NA got some truly solid European talent this year in Bjergsen and EG.

Europe got EdWard back on Gambit Gaming though, and I must say, I think he's doing much better there than he was on Curse.

Also, as much as it saddens me to say it, Curse putting Saint Vicious on coaching duties and as backup made the right call. They are playing better as a team overall.

Agreed. I said it at the end of the summer split last year that if TSM wanted to start doing well again, Reginald would have to leave the mid lane role. Bjsergsen is doing a bang up job so far.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Mordekaiser played by ROCCAT in the second game of the second week! And SHC counter with a Morgana mid! Wow...
Corwin
Member # 5705

And Mordekaiser wins. o_O
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

The twitch stream has horrendous latency. I don't know if I can watch today.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I'm watching it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyX5OLgJfE
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Gambit is trying to give me a heart attack with their aggressive positioning.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh. Yeah. That was a fun game! [Big Grin]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It really was, I just couldn't believe how they bullied so hard and then turned efforts to punish them into an almost ace without losing a single player.

I think the commentators were right, against another team, that would have been disastrous. But! Still entertaining gameplay. [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

SKT T1 K is absolutely crushing Ozone in game 1. 18-1 in kills, several turrets to 1, a baron and an inhibitor before 20 minutes. And Ozone resigns at 20 minutes! Ouch.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Alistar and Karthus (vs Yasuo) for SKT T1 K in game 2. Iiiinteresting. Ozone pick Zac to help Yasuo with his ulti.
Corwin
Member # 5705

SKT T1 K win game 2 also, and are now one game away from a no-loss winter championship. Quite impressive from these guys.
Corwin
Member # 5705

And it's done! Ozone started game 3 pretty well, getting 3 buffs and a kill and the lanes they wanted, but SKT T1 K came back into it and after Ozone stole dragon but lost two people, SKT took baron and there was no coming back from there on.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Looks like SKT haven't slowed done one bit since winning worlds.
Corwin
Member # 5705

No, they have in fact slowed up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJcrQw_U9o [Big Grin]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

[Razz]

Also, today's round of eight has been great so far. It occurs to me that Riot's decisions to start paying teams a salary for being in the LCS has had a very positive effect on individual and team play. As has their banning streaming of any game other than LOL on LCS player streams. While it may be financially punishing to players, it does force them to play that LoL, which gives them more hours practicing, and the best players can still make money streaming the game as well as streaming clinics on strategy. Additionally the players not doing well still have to just keep playing and get better or quit, so instead of them distracting themselves with other games while they practice (looking at you Dyrus and Chaox), they keep playing and get better.

With everybody playing LOL all the time, LCS teams are really solidifying performance, and individual players that traditionally were average or inconsistent are all playing much better. We'll see at World's if it means European and American teams can compete with Asian ones. [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Did they enforce the no-none-LoL-streams rule? I thought they went back on that one.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Nice two wins by Dig today. I'm gonna stay up for TSM vs CLG too, I want to see Bjergsen. [Big Grin] Maybe someone will run Teemo against him again to see if that's his Achilles' heel... [Wink]

Edit: Drat. Zed, Kass and LeBlanc all banned against Bjergsen. I'd like to see him on Ahri once, but apparently Gragas is considered too hot right now, while Ahri has completely disappeared.

[ January 25, 2014, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I hadn't heard Riot backpedaling on the other game ban. Where did you hear they had?
Corwin
Member # 5705

It was a while ago; here's an article about it: http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/league-of-legends-pro-streaming-bans-lifted/
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Huh, interesting.
Corwin
Member # 5705

EG pick Soraka versus XDG. o_O And Urgot. Top lane Nidalee (AP?) and Mundo jungle (not top as common so far in this year's LCS). And Gragas mid; I guess they had to have *one* perfectly in fashion pick. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

So far Soraka and Urgot are actually losing the lane against Sivir & Thresh. They tried to push from level one by taking Starcall, and ended up with fewer minion kills and only got level 2 at the same time as their enemies. Nidalee actually started with Doran's Blade, but ran low on mana and gave away first blood to Shyvana, who in turn died to Mundo. So first blood gold vs an assist. It's a crazy game so far.

There's a 5 v 5 (I think) battle at dragon, and EG actually get the dragon and live because of Soraka. One death for XDG.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Nidalee almost died in top lane but got a miraculous escape (went from second turret to brush, flashed back, pounced, then changed forms and healed just in time), then Shyvanna stayed too long and Nid came back and killed her.
Corwin
Member # 5705

3 man gank from Mundo, Urgot, Soraka vs Thresh and Sivir, and actually XDG turn it back and kill all three! Position reverser doesn't really do much vs spell shield, box and lantern...

And now Shyvana kills Nidalee top! 2/2/1 Shyv, 1/3/2 Nid.

8-6 kills, 3-3 turrets and 3k gold advantage for EG. Crazy game so far.

Corwin
Member # 5705

And now a bad, bad fight for EG, and they lose 4 for 0, while Mundo lives and later takes dragon, XDG take baron. Still 2k gold advantage (-1 kills, +1 turrets), but I'm betting they're going to lose a couple of turrets now.
Corwin
Member # 5705

What. the. heck. No turrets from XDG, and EG pick out three people from XDG! Baron buff gone, and now EG are back at 3.5k gold advantage.
Corwin
Member # 5705

EG poke and poke and poke, Gragas tries to 1v2 Sivir and Thresh and dies (Ziggs ulti used), but EG take dragon in the meantime. Those Nid and Soraka heals are getting annoying for XDG. Not to mention the spears and barrels.
Corwin
Member # 5705

And EG win. Well, well, well. That was fun. [Big Grin] Who needs the "classics"? (Shyv, Ziggs, Lee Sin, Sivir and Thresh for XDG)
Corwin
Member # 5705

Great game by TSM vs Coast, although at one point they lost the thread, grouping and giving Katarina a perfect ulti+resets target.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Just watched Dignitas and CLG. I feel for HotshotGG, I know he's been working really hard to be ready for LCS, but right now he's a weak link on his team. I hope he can fix that.

Dignitas though, nobody saw this performance out of them coming.

Corwin
Member # 5705

What's the deal with Hotshot anyway? Is he a sub or was he again promoted to first team?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Gambit V Fnatic right now. Tanky Gragas maybe? Fizz? Very interested in watching this one.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Crazy game so far; to see so many kills yet so few turrets taken surprises me (even with so many assassins in the game).
Corwin
Member # 5705

Gambit with their prefered item again: GA on 3 people! [Big Grin] Looks like their game to lose.
Corwin
Member # 5705

That was a superb game. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It really was, only Fnatic would continue to play like they could still win all the way through like that.

Though I did find it funny that if *any* team other than Fnatic had lost one inhibitor the announcers would be saying, "this game is probably over" but Fnatic down 3 inhibs? "Fnatic hanging on by a thread!"

No, they lost the game as soon as the second inhibitor fell. Nobody comes back from losing two.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh, yeah. At the end even when they stayed almost equal in fights the super minions took care of the nexus turrets.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I'll do the responsible thing and go to sleep, but i hate misssing TSM vs C9.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Alliance really schooled Fnatic in today's first game. Impressive, considering their respective records so far in this LCS.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Really excellent. I think that's great news. It's not how you start your season, it's how you finish. Alliance really did their homework on this one. Pantheon was a great pick.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Great pick and well used. SHC also picked Pantheon against Millenium, but really couldn't make it work. That game ended with an insane amount of kills from Millenium (28 to 6, with their AD carry going 14/0/7).
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nobody comes back from losing two.

I've been on teams that come back from losing three a number of times...Heck, I've been on teams that come back from 100 health left on Nexus before. Granted, those are bronze PUGs, but still.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

OK, I'll amend.

Unless your opponent's base is also blown up, if you have lost two inhibitors, you are not coming back. Especially, at the pro level.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.