FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 14)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Gambit lost to SHC and Fnatic lost to Roccat (ok, the second is less surprising). I haven't seen the games but I'll certainly watch the replays.

So, Fnatic end the week 0-2 and Alliance 2-0. Not a bet I would have made at the beginning of the week.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful. It's nice to know that when a team gets ahead, the other teams do analysis and homework and figure out how to defeat them. It's much more enjoyable that way than when one team has dialed in and crushes everybody, and because other teams keep losing they shake up their rosters and have to retrain.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, you can load up the live stream on youtube and just rewind to the previous games.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Indeed. I hope that both SHC and Roccat actually won their games instead of Fnatic and Gambit playing badly, since it means that the EU LCS is getting really competitive again.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I wouldn't say Fnatic played badly, but there was something missing in their performance. They were always reacting, and just seemed a bit lethargic.

I'm about to watch SHC and GG.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I watched SHC vs Gambit this morning; very convincing from SHC. Gambit's jungler was a bit behind SHC's in the rotations, and boy, did that snowball. [Smile]

I'll watch the other game later today.

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
EG V TSM was a really good brawl. EG couldn't beat the undercurrent, but they put up a fantastic show. They should be proud of themselves, even if they lost.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Oh snap! Saint Vicious played today on Curse V Dignitas. And he was support Alistar, and he was magnificent at it...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Curse and TSM going at it now. I'd like to see TSM lose, I'm not gonna lie, because I'm on a "everybody should lose once in awhile bent".
Corwin
Member # 5705

Krepo also just played a great Alistar vs CLG, but Link's LeBlanc was just too powerful for EG. I think we'll soon see some changes to LeBlanc, she's becoming probably the best mid-laner right now. Up there with Kassadin I guess.
Corwin
Member # 5705

So they gave Bjergsen the non-burst Nidalee against Curse and he ends up 8/0/6 with a quadrakill at the end. Daaaamn...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah. Saint's shot calling wasn't bad, but he kept missing the initiate. And TSM is not the team you want to miss an initiate on.

Also Bjergsen having blue buffs while his opponent starved was not what Curse needed to do.

Corwin
Member # 5705

SK vs Fnatic is full of mistakes so far on both parts. Not a pretty game.
Corwin
Member # 5705

And SK win...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I'm sure SK is happy to take that one.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Oh, I bet they are.

By the way, Froggen just picked Anivia vs Roccat. [Big Grin] Haven't seen him on this champion in a looong time.

Edit: And Morgana support for Roccat. Very interesting so far. Pillars, walls, dark bidings, solar flares, it's crazy out there.

[ February 13, 2014, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

SK follows up that win with another again Gambit. Geez, it's like every team you'd expect to win loses and vice versa.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I saw parts of yesterday's games. There were quite a few surprises as you said. I kinda expected Alliance to win too, so that made 3 surprise results out of 4. Fnatic going 0-5 in their last five games is probably the biggest surprise. Not sure what's going on there. In some of the games they start well then make mistake after mistake; it's probably a confidence problem too...
Corwin
Member # 5705

That game from CLG! o_O Wow...
Corwin
Member # 5705

And EG beat Curse. It's opposite week in both LCS.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Coast manages to beat XDG. I wouldn't say that result is surprising, though I would expect XDG to win that one.

Still their losing streak is over, and they did it with a pretty fun poke/Jax comp.

Excited to watch CLG.

Corwin
Member # 5705

They were superb vs C9. I thought they might throw it by going too much for kills, but it wasn't going to happen. [Big Grin]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

No joke. They won one fight, and then they just took took took.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Awwww, I really thought Dignitas was going to pull off the latest upset. They came close!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Coast follows up with a win over EG. Pretty sure Zion's Jax is getting the ban treatment in future games.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I only watched the first few minutes of that game, and Jax was just 1/1/0. Can't wait to see the rest tonight.

By the way, I tried to get back to playing this weekend, and was deterred by the mastery changes. I kept wondering what masteries and runes I should use now... I'll have to read some guides and figure things out, then I really want to play a bit again. [Big Grin]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Heh, while I am intimidated by the new ward system and don't know exactly what I should be doing as support in terms of where to place and sweep for wards.

I'll need to watch a pro-stream.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I think I'm not as afraid of trinkets though. Since the vision game is much more of a team effort I think as a support it might make my life easier. It will make it harder as a jungler since there are more early wards, but you can't win them all.

I'm also surprised that champions like Ryze, Jarvan, Malphite, Ahri, Udyr, Cho'Gath, Zyra, etc. are no longer used in high level play (LCS mainly). I wonder if they've also fallen out of favor at the low ranked level at which I'd play.

By the way, do you think that rune pages have changed much? I know there are a few champions that use mixed penetration marks, but other than that I think it should be the same as before.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Doesn't seem much changed. I'm glad it's more of a team effort to ward, but in the past there were a handful of places you might expect to ward or find them, now there's obvious places, maybe places, places you ward because they look in the obvious places so you have to stay just outside that area, trinket wards don't last very long so you have to place them with a ton of intent.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Dude, don't scare me more than I already am! [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

I haven't seen yesterday's matches, but... Fnatic lost again, and Roccat beat Gambit again. Fnatic really need a win today... I wonder if we'll see roster changes if they don't. Losing 6 in a row isn't really normal for them.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I just realized, Fnatic went from 7-0 to 7-6. Ouch.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah, I wonder if part of it is them not believing they can win right now. A streak like that isn't easy to shrug off, and it has the opposite effect on other teams.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

As for Gambit, Alex, Diamond, and Darian couldn't get visas to Cologne this week, so backup players had to be used. I wouldn't really give mad props to Roccat for winning this time. [Wink]
Corwin
Member # 5705

That explains a lot. They did win their second game though. Fnatic on the other hand lost their seventh in a row. Their crash is... horrifyingly impressive. Roccat also lost vs SK, so Gambit are still within one game from them.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah, Fnatic was utterly destroyed by CW. I wish I could see what's going on with the team.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It's interesting seeing Pantheon back in a big way. I guess teams value that ability to choose exactly when and where to have a fight, and be a man up when you do.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Coast humbles TSM! But TSM makes them earn every bit of it!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Curse V C9 right now. Kinda want C9 to lose because Sneaky decided to take shots at Saint in the match preview.

Be gracious to your opponents in public, play smack on the rift.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Catching up right now. Nice to see Ahri in play again (TSM vs Coast).

Edit: That jungle invade at level one... Not the best play for TSM.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Woooow... That was an almost xPeke-Kassadin-level ending. A few early errors from both teams, but that was a very cool game.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Froggen's currently playing one of the best Karthus games I've ever seen against Fnatic.

Edit: He did get caught once sitting on a ward, but other than that he was immense.

[ February 27, 2014, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Fnatic and Gambit on right now. Man, Fnatic look like they are visiting the dentist. [Frown]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

That was fantastic work. Very poetic from Fnatic, beating the team that started this losing run, and doing it without losing a single man. [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

I just watched it. Are you kidding me?!? Wow...
Corwin
Member # 5705

SK vs Alliance was almost as one-sided... Crazy games today.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Highly recommend XDG v Cloud 9.

Curse V CLG was close, but honestly both teams played pretty sloppily.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Coast V EG was also a good game. It feels like ZionSpartan plays his characters with an understanding of their limits much greater than his opponents.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I managed to catch up with the NA LCS. Saw the first two games yesterday, then the other two today. For a while there I thought Dig were going to take down TSM. XDG vs C9 was definitely the highlight!

I was looking forward to today's TSM vs C9, but I didn't know Bjergsen wasn't playing. Should still be an interesting game.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah visa issues again. Real obnoxious problem.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.