FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New members post here! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: New members post here!
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
See, the problem is he never takes anything seriously.
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

- posted      Profile for roxy   Email roxy         Edit/Delete Post 
and deletes posts . . . kinda left the conversation empty, didn't it?
Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
yep, yep! Oh well, I still have you, buddy ol' pal! LOL!
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

as long as I don't go anywhere . . . lol
Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Yay! You're here!
roxy
Member # 3416

Well, so do the evil plots begin to take shape now? Or do we start planning later?
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Now, I suppose... I don't have much time, though...
roxy
Member # 3416

neither do I, things go by so fast . . .
roxy
Member # 3416

BUT NOT THIS THREAD!!!!!
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

I know the feeling...
roxy
Member # 3416

hehe exactly!
roxy
Member # 3416

nobody else is posting on this thread but us, does that appear strange to anyone else?
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

...I guess we took it over! Now all we have to do is conquer the otherside... but if we do that....... What will we do after?
Roxy, are you in vbs?

akak
Member # 1117

- posted      Profile for akak   Email akak         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi... my name's michelle... and I'm OSC addicted.

C ya!
~Michelle

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

oy vey, michelle's worse than I am...
roxy
Member # 3416

npoe, not in vbs, should I be?
Adi Gallia
Member # 3561

- posted      Profile for Adi Gallia   Email Adi Gallia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hellooo out there.
Is anyone still posting???

-I'm new, and can't seem to think of a better use for my new found posting privlages.
Will write something more interesting when coffee buzz kicks in...

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
*formerly nameless lurking newbie wanders into forum...*

Hello, anybody here?

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
altaris
Member # 4310

- posted      Profile for altaris   Email altaris         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi !
I come from Paris and am a big fan of OSC...
and being an OSC fan in France is quite hard, trust me. On the forums, people talk about "shadow of the puppet", for instance... this one isn't even out in here !!!!! Of course, I tried to find it in English ; but you couldn't even guess the how little english book stores there are in here. You lucky fellas can read books I have never heard of...

Posts: 117 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Altaris,
Welcome! I hope you don't have to wait too long for Shadow Puppets in France. Our french publisher is actually one of our best in the world -- I know they are working on getting it out as quickly as possible. We just had another new members from France -- check out the thread he/she posted on. Can't remember the name of the tread -- think it was L'Ombre de l'Hegemon.
Best, Kristine Card

[This message has been edited by kacard (edited December 31, 2002).]

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
One more thing: there's a distinction between the shadow of a puppet and a shadow puppet.

Un ombre de la marionette versus une marionette d'ombre.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
altaris
Member # 4310

Yup. I'm sorry about this ! I didn't know the exact title at the time I was writing ; and since I just have read "Shadow of the Hegemon", I guessed it would be "Shadow of the puppet..."
well, obviously it's not, so I apologize.

Posts: 117 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no! No need to apologize; I was just poking you a bit.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Tom! There you go again, picking on the French! Haven't they been picked on enough?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
altaris
Member # 4310

Don't worry about the French... they're fine !!! A bit of poking is alright
Oh, and, BTW... in my country, the New Year is in 3 hours, so I wish u all a really, really happy new year (hopefully, reading some news OSC books )

ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
another nameless lurker is I... I am very OSC addicted and well book addicted in general. you'd think my writing skills would be better after all that reading, but they are not. I have been lurking here because I was reading posts by a certain boy at my school who happens to be a hatracker... I must admit I have completely fallen for him, and he is oblivious. watch out, it could be YOU!
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hegemony
Member # 4324

- posted      Profile for hegemony   Email hegemony         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,
i m glad that Hatrack accepts new registrations
i m a french OSC fan and apparently i m not the only one...
and happy new year !

[This message has been edited by hegemony (edited January 02, 2003).]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Yeah, roxy, it's a cool forum...

Anyways, I'd like to give an extended very warm welcome to the new comers!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

*hugs*

hegemony
Member # 4324

- posted      Profile for hegemony   Email hegemony         Edit/Delete Post 
its so sweet, thanks !
Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
altaris
Member # 4310

Really sweet from u Juniper... thanx for the greeting !!
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

You're welcome!!!
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! I'm Christy, Tom Davidson's wife, and I have been lurking for a little over a year now and peeking over Tom's shoulder sometimes as he writes. I know many of you have heard a good deal about me, so I was a bit sheepish about actually posting.

I am glad that registration has now been opened, though, and I decided to bite the bullet and post

So, hi all!

Christy

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Christy!
So glad to finally meet the other half of one of our favorite Hatrackers!
Welcome, Kristine Card

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kristine

I'm glad to be aboard and have enjoyed the warm welcomes. Thanks!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imtheskywhoru?
Member # 4404

- posted      Profile for imtheskywhoru?           Edit/Delete Post 
is anyone here?

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
altaris
Member # 4310

Actually... I think lots of hatrackers r here, yes why do u ask ?
(o, BTW, Hello and Welcome to u, Christine )

JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Welcome one, welcome all!!!
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooohhhhh, I don't suppose you want to help one failing, faltering french student, but if you do just tell me, and I'll be grateful for any help you want to give.

Salut! Je m'appelle blacwolve. Je ne parle pas francois beacoup. Is that right? I tried to say I don't speak French very well, but I'm still not sure of the order of things.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
verosthenes
Member # 4394

- posted      Profile for verosthenes   Email verosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone Im a new user.
HOWS EVERYBODY?!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

hahaha I wait two weeks and they finally allow new registrations!!! How exciting! *giggles in delight* This should be very interesting ...
roxy
Member # 3416

oh and by the way, welcome all to hatrack!
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Yes, roxy and I will be your tour people.. This is the greatest section to the irght. Over by the left you see the Books, Food, and American culture forum.... Roxy, Continue...
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning!

I am Garden Gnome - finally posting under a non-borrowed username. I live with Suneun, am friends with Mike and Martha, and have been lurking for a while....

Many thanks to MrSquicky for letting me use Garden Gnome!

-Beca

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

*hugs Beca*

WELCOME!

altaris
Member # 4310

Hi, Blacwolve, and welcome...
Well, I dunno what kind of help u need, but if it's about speaking or translating to french, I don't mind giving u a hand - provided it's not TOO much work
But since this forum isn't really about helping other peoples for their foreign-language studying, just e-mail me !!

Damander
Member # 4439

- posted      Profile for Damander           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I'm a new member, just registered today. Let me just say I've spent the whole school year jealous of my roommate who had a regitration for this forum because I couldn't register. So it's a relief to finally be registered too I love to read and OSC is an excellent author. Everything he writes is always so thought provoking to me. I'm glad to be here!
Posts: 119 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ark
Member # 4424

- posted      Profile for Ark   Email Ark         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Ark, I'm 16, a male, and from Florida. I enjoy reading, anime, and almost everything else one would normally associate with a geek. I think that pretty much covers it for me obligatory childish introduction. It feels like the first day of school again.

Anyways, as I'm sure everyone else here is, I'm a big OSC fan. I've already posted in a few other places on the board, but I figured I might as well post here too.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Damander
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

DAMANDER!!!! WELCOME!!!

I love anime toooo!
^_______________________^

bmeaker
Member # 4443

- posted      Profile for bmeaker   Email bmeaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I've posted here a couple of time using the name Launcelot, given to me by a member. I'm 18 and a student at NCSU.
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.