FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New members post here! (Page 14)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: New members post here!
Sephiroth the Enigma
Member # 6735

- posted      Profile for Sephiroth the Enigma   Email Sephiroth the Enigma         Edit/Delete Post 
AOL is like death but it's more permanent. Earthlink is so much better for dial up.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Evening, all!

My father got me started on OSC with the Ender series last summer, and I just today finished reading the Alvin Maker series. I've got Homebody sitting on my nightstand.

IRL I'm a legal secretary in downtown Chicago and the mother of two. I mostly read sci-fi and fantasy, but occasionally branch into other areas. I also do cross-stitch and Hardanger embroidery.... if only I could find a way to read and stitch at the same time.... I've tried books on tape but have problems following the story even when I'm not multitasking.

Looking forward to knowing some of the residents!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Miz Scrivener! [Smile]

*laughs* Chicago, eh? Come over to the other side and you'll see several threads about KamaCon. A bunch of us are descending on your fair city in a few weeks' time. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all newbies!

As rivka said, Scrivener, you couldn't have timed your joining of Hatrack any better! Come meet us all when we have our big get-together in Chicago August 13th-15th It is our chance to meet other Hatrackers IN REAL LIFE -- which is really exciting for many of us!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
awman....KamaCon, Skokie, perfect timing indeed.... IF I can get someone to watch the little Scriveners at least for a few hours. I will certainly see what I can do and post on the KamaCon thread if I'm able to make it.

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
After a two year hiatus, I have returned. So, I guess no one will remember me, but still it's good to be back!
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johivin
Member # 6746

- posted      Profile for Johivin   Email Johivin         Edit/Delete Post 
Just would like to say hello to those fine people who read and write on this forum. I, Johivin, would like to say hello to all.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[Wave] [Wave]

Hi Jess! Hi Johivin! Welcome to Hatrack..

So tell us Jess -- where ya been?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first came to hatrack I believe I posted somewhere right next to one of Farmgirls first posts...I am still a newbie and she has become a staple...I think you get what you put in.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello my name is of course derived from the way that is was percieved that the descoladores interpret messages. I am 23 and am a registered dental assistant.Alas the market is bad and I cannot find a job. Which led me to get re-aquainted with OSC.I am currently a local sandwich jockey and have convinced my fellow co-workers that when I rule the world it will be thru the diplomatic use of both Bricks and Sandwiches....so stay on my good side...Because I make some pretty damned good sandwiches.

WOW it is so gratifying to see my first post again...I went thru a few name changes since then and realized that dental assissting for a male is a pipe dream but other then that I am alive...which is good...I think

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
When I first came to hatrack I believe I posted somewhere right next to one of Farmgirls first posts...I am still a newbie and she has become a staple.
That just means I have no real life outside of Hatrack... [Smile]

(as in, no boyfriend to keep me occupied...)

Farmgirl

Numb
Member # 6748

- posted      Profile for Numb   Email Numb         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi [Wave] I've been lurking here for a while but just registered today.

My name is Alexa, I'm 14 and from West Virginia. I like soccer, track, and a lot of other sports. As well as, of course, reading. I got hooked on OSC two years ago when i read EG but I've read a lot more since then. My sn is Numb mainly because it was about 2 in the morning when I registered and that was about the first thing that popped into my head.

edit: fix the state lol

[ September 20, 2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Numb ]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
from Cythera
Member # 6749

- posted      Profile for from Cythera   Email from Cythera         Edit/Delete Post 
*breaths in the fresh air that is Hatrack after two years of being burried underneath own life*

Good morning Hatrack!
I am just returning after a long long time as well and also figured I'd introduce myself to everyone I don't know. Well, I'm just a 19 year old girl from Florida. I'd mostly like to know about everyone else...

...and exhale.

Posts: 117 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Numb and from Cythera ! I hope you'll enjoy the 'rack. fC, if you want a good place to start knowing people, look in the Landmark Threads Archives. They're fascinating !

There's also a FAQ for newcomers on the other side, with everything you need (and don't need) to know about posting here.

Welcome and enjoy !
[Hat]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piruleta
Member # 6747

- posted      Profile for piruleta   Email piruleta         Edit/Delete Post 
Hola everybody!!! [Wave]

This is Maria, from Madrid, Spain. I was looking for information about Orson Scott Card in internet and I have found this page, I think it is a great page with a lot of good things. I have loved OSC books since I was 15 and now I am 28, so it is great to find a place where everybody likes OSC books too!

I hope you all are fine, and I am so sorry for my bad english, I will try to do my best with it [Smile] .

See u soon

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack Pirulata! [Wave] [Hat]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack Maria! I hope that you enjoy the site (be sure to check out the other side of the river--it's where all the action is).
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, there were indeed AOL days. Back then, I was aware of Hatrack's existence, but as a non-AOL-user, that was about it.
Does anyone remember the pre-AOL days of Prodigy? I remember reading and posting on an OSC Prodigy site in early 1991...

[Blushing]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

YES!!! So did I! maui babe, what SN did you use back then?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] I honestly don't remember. It may have been CATKAR?
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Doesn't ring any bells. Ah, well.
dr34m
Member # 6753

- posted      Profile for dr34m   Email dr34m         Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone,

my name is jared. im a college student in massachusetts. i've been an OSC fan since 4th or 5th grade when i read Ender's Game. ive read most of his novels and a great deal of his short stories, and, well, i've greatly enjoyed almost all of them.

recently i just reread the alvin maker series, and i believe it is my favourite of his work.

and with that, i'm off to bed for the night

-dr34m

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redjellydonut
Member # 6754

- posted      Profile for redjellydonut   Email redjellydonut         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Sam. I've been a member for a couple of years but my membership was deleted for some reason. Anywho, I'm back. I'm in Texas and have been an OSC admirer for years, since I read Ender's Game, the finest piece of SF I've ever read, and one of the most powerful pieces of literature I've found.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I dig it
Member # 6769

- posted      Profile for I dig it           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm new here, but a long time OSC reader. I used to have all his books, but since he's come out with some new ones I'm behind. That's how I found this place-I was looking to find out what I didn't have! Anyway, hello all!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Sam, welcome for the first time I dig it. Can I call you "It"? [Smile]

Sam, what was your username before?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy
Member # 6793

- posted      Profile for Frangy   Email Frangy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. This is my first post here. Sorry for my bad english, but i´m spanish and my english isn´t very good. I´m 13 years and my name is Frangy. I think that Card is a best writer in the earth.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You are right, Frangy! He IS the best writer on Earth...

[Wink]

I think we have a couple of Spanish -speaking regular posters here. Hopefully they can start a conversation with you that you might find easier.

Farmgirl

Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

My name is Steev. I'm new here.

Well, I’m not exactly new as in I just discovered this web sight forum and decided to join. I’m new in the sense that this is my first post to a forum that I’ve been lurking on for a long time and have finally decided that anonymity is rather lonely. So, here I am. Exposing all manner of my enigmatic persona.

Please use sparingly.

-steev

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I always wondered what lurkers think....

...hiding there in the shadows, listening in on our conversations... snickering and shaking their heads......

FG

Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I always wondered what lurkers think....

...hiding there in the shadows, listening in on our conversations... snickering and shaking their heads......

FG

Tee hee hee.

-steev

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonLeon
Member # 6812

- posted      Profile for MoonLeon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

My name is Becky and I am a college student studying Political science. I have been reading OSC since the 8th grade and he has had an obvious effect on my political addiction. I have been looking into joining this message board for a while but have only just been pushed towards it.
Anyways, I look forward to have many interesting discussions with you guys.
Thanks

from Cythera
Member # 6749

- posted      Profile for from Cythera   Email from Cythera         Edit/Delete Post 
*push* [Cool]

[Wave] Welcome, Becky!

Posts: 117 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BeansAchilles
Member # 6813

- posted      Profile for BeansAchilles   Email BeansAchilles         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol I hate AOL... I also hate being under 18 and not being able to do anything important and get blamed for it... wait nevermind I love you all a lot more now that I know im not responsible and I'm going to live longer... THANKS FOR CHEERING ME UP! [Kiss]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I just signed up today. I thought it best to post here first. I have recently got into the Ender's Game series! In fact, I just finished Xenocide today! A really good book imo (though Speaker For the Dead is my favorite so far).

As for me, well I'm 24 years old and currently a college student (and job less. thank goodness for grants). I'm trying to finish up my 2-year degree (never as easy as it sounds. Believe me. My main problem is math) and I'm not sure yet whether I'll go beyond the two years. I already feel like I've had more then that. lol.

As for a job, I want to be a writer. Any kind of writer really. Every kind of writer maybe. I just love writing (fiction mainly, though journalism may be interesting. I haven't decided). I have not published anything yet. I could say its because I feel I'm not ready and there is truth to that, but I think alot of it has to do with just not putting all my effort into. You know, I'm one of those people who like to put stuff off too. lol.

Anyway, this seems like a good message board. I know I like Mr. Card's site quiete a bit. Its one of the best sites I've seen. So much info on it!

Well, I hope to have alot of great conversations here. I really have so many questions and tons of thoughts on the Ender's series (what I've read of it). Especially Xenocide, which is such complex novel. I may soon start a thread on Xenocide!!

I'm glad to be here. Hope its fun!

DF2506

[ September 13, 2004, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: DF2506 ]

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Technically I apply myself as a newbie, even though I have been here a rather long time... I kinda... forgot about the forum.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaptureMan
Member # 6862

- posted      Profile for RaptureMan   Email RaptureMan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi this is my 2nd post on these forums and my first day at this website. I'm a big fan of the Enders series of books, reading them all within about 2 weeks time (and I was never really much of a reader)

I can't wait for the next in the line of Shadow series to come out if there really is going to be one.

Anyway, hello everyone nice to meet you! [Wave]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome RaptureMan, welcome. May the number 6862 bring you good fortune [Wave]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello DF2506, Vadon and RaptureMan! Welcome to Hatrack! [Wave]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coven
Member # 6875

- posted      Profile for Coven   Email Coven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all.

I'm a 21 year old college student in New York who was introduced to OSC back in high school when a close friend of mine tossed Ender's Game (novel)on my desk and told me not to put it down until I finished it. Needless to say I listened to her and polished it off in a night. From that moment on I was hooked. I've read the entire Ender series and am anxiously awaiting the final Shadow novel.
As an avid Sci Fi reader I have to say that OSC has put himself within my top 3 authors [The Wave]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Needless to say I listened to her and polished it off in a night.
How can people do this!? I've seen it done, and it amazes me. I'm lucky if I can read for three hours straight (and if I do, it's rare that I'll top 50 pages at a time). I mean, doesn't your head start to hurt or your neck get stiff?

And welcome to Hatrack.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Chad, 30, married, 2 kids. Was introduced to OSC as a teen, but never read any of his stuff until recently. Read "Ender's Game" and liked it. Am more into Filmmaking than OSC, although the prospect of an "Ender's Game" film intrigues me.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coven
Member # 6875

- posted      Profile for Coven   Email Coven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

quote:Needless to say I listened to her and polished it off in a night.

How can people do this!? I've seen it done, and it amazes me. I'm lucky if I can read for three hours straight (and if I do, it's rare that I'll top 50 pages at a time). I mean, doesn't your head start to hurt or your neck get stiff?

And welcome to Hatrack.[/QUOTE]

Honestly its not that difficult. All you need is a really comfortable recliner and be a quick reader. If its a page turner (like Ender's Game) it should be no problem going cover to cover in just a few hours. It really isn't that long of a book.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I finally wandered over here from Nauvoo. My name is Anne, and I'm a Card addict. [Big Grin] I read everything by OSC I can get my hands on. My favorite book by OSC is Lost Boys, although it makes me cry. I'm also very into the Bean books (I like Ender, but identify more with the Bean books *shrugs*). I'm a So.-Cal. transplant living in TX (Dallas area), and I stay home with my almost-6-month-old daughter and do some freelance sewing. My husband is currently assistant to a CPA (anyone need an accountant? [Wink] [Razz] ) while he goes to school. He also works as a veterinary technician on the weekends. We have two orange tabby cats. I like to cook, sew, sing, and am teaching myself to play mandolin (in all my copious spare time [Wink] ). I think that's all about me... Anyway, glad to be here! *waves*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Wow! That sounds like a busy life, ketchupqueen!

Welcome to Hatrack! [Hat]

Farmgirl

CStroman
Member # 6872

I bet it's Kerry's wife HEINZ!

Just kidding.

Just because your name said KetchupQueen. [Wink]

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Heinz is the only true ketchup. I really don't care who makes it, it's the only stuff I'll eat.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ephealy
Member # 2219

- posted      Profile for ephealy   Email ephealy         Edit/Delete Post 
EP Healy
Soldier, US Army - currently in Iraq
Married 10 wonderful years
One beautiful baby girl

I mostly lurk here - but if anyone wants to ask my opinion, etc... I'd be more than happy to reply to you via email.

ephealy[at]ephealy[dot]com

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Be safe over there. I appreciate what you are doing.

Please tell me (I wish there was a PM function) do the majority of people over there hate us and want to kill us?

Some people here seem to think so.

Also, my cousin just arrived over there. He's in the Marines, last name White. I'm not exactly sure where he's at now though.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

ephealy -- we salute you!

[Hat] (well, okay, we don't have a saluting smilie)

Welcome to Hatrack community. Be sure to check out the chatter on the other side of the forum.

Farmgirl

BraveSirRobin
Member # 6894

- posted      Profile for BraveSirRobin           Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i'm 14. i've read all the ender, all the homecoming, enchantment, worthing, lovelock, and the first three alvin books and i'm currently reading the fourth. i like the star wars, indiana jones, lord of the rings and matrix movies. i live in north eastern ohio,im a freshman in high school and my gpa is approx. 4.28 i also like led zeppelin and wierd al OSC is my favorite author and i like all his books.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.